Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
adrian89987 said:
If you burn the DMT your not gonna get nearly as high of a dose cause it will destroy it

Smoking the infused material isn't necessarily burning the dmt and always makes doing the D more enjoyable for me.

True, but I was particularly referring to a difference in character that comes when it is burned vs vaporized.

I understand you like infused material and if you don't over heat it, it doesn't burn very badly that way, but but I'm just saying I can totally tell the difference.
:)

Love and Light

^^^
DMT may be burned in the process but the VAPOR is always what is getting you high.

The difference in character is mostly projection.

Psychedelic Gleam said:
^^^
DMT may be burned in the process but the VAPOR is always what is getting you high.

The difference in character is mostly projection.

Enumerating the various products of burning is beyond my skill. If you claim to know I might be willing to accept your opinion. Otherwise I will have stay with the idea that the character is definitely affected in a negative way by burning.

Also note the following additional information:

a) After my first hundred trips or so, I started to make note of a number of different kinds of highs. Some are clearly dose related, some are set/setting related, and one of them appears to be related to burning.

b) I did not start out looking to say that its not as good burnt. Indeed, it was an inconvenience for me. The bottom line is that some times the trip would come out a certain way, a way I didn't like, and I was able to prevent it by changing my smoking technique.

You may of course choose to believe whatever you like about those observations. :)

Love and Light

I just got my first real extraction of DMT - I tried earlier, failed (wayyy too impure, not enough yield, threshold effects) - but now have like 200mg.

But it's all oily crystlasright now, and I think it may be done drying. Will it ever dry out or should I recrystallize again? .2 g isn't that much, so I'll be extracting more (and honing in my recrystallization technique, w00t), but I want to break through tomorrow night. I guess I can just smoke this, but I'd like it to look all pretty.

EDIT: Though the crystals are still a little sticky, I threw them in a good container with a desiccant. I'll probably smoke them before they dry out, but I'll see if my next few extractions I can get them purer and more dry.

Unrelated:

Propyl Power said:
And of course caapi is revered as an enormously powerful teacher itself. Proceed with only with maximum respect, deep humility, and pure intentions.

I just wrote down in my little notebook that I carry with me everywhere: "Proceed only with respect, humility, and pure intentions." Because I'm probably going to tell that to every single person who wants to go hero trip on any psychedelic.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity what extraction tek are you using that you're left with oil?

Usually i just throw the naptha in the fridge and snow globes start to form on the pie dish.
This is using a straight to base tek.

check out the marsofold tek.
its real quick and easy.

Mycoloteur@gmail said:
Enumerating the various products of burning is beyond my skill. If you claim to know I might be willing to accept your opinion. Otherwise I will have stay with the idea that the character is definitely affected in a negative way by burning.

Also note the following additional information:

a) After my first hundred trips or so, I started to make note of a number of different kinds of highs. Some are clearly dose related, some are set/setting related, and one of them appears to be related to burning.

b) I did not start out looking to say that its not as good burnt. Indeed, it was an inconvenience for me. The bottom line is that some times the trip would come out a certain way, a way I didn't like, and I was able to prevent it by changing my smoking technique.

You may of course choose to believe whatever you like about those observations. :)

Love and Light

Burning it destroys the crystal though the non-burned molecule will still get absorbed in your system.

I maintain that more than likely the change in "character" is projected by the user more than an alteration in the chemical structure due to burning.

Especially after "over 100 trips" as I noticed more and more nuances as I used it more and more, eventually peaking out on a multiple time a week session, and the experience became more and more vulnerable, or rather I became more and more aware of tiny details I believed had an effect on the experience, and because of my belief these details became more and more pronounced as I searched for them to be backed up..

well directly torching DMT is wasteful, but you can 'hover' the flame close to the DMT and the same result as hovering it beneath a device to vaporize it will be acheived (ie vaporization).

I only smoke DMT out of a bowl nowadays since its so simple.

Search my posts on DMT to find my method, I've written in detail about it. I breakthrough completely on 60-70mg just like I do with other smoking techniques (only diff is that its so simple and plus you get DMT residue in your pipe which makes next cannabis session really nice to get 5-10mg of DMT in you).

Psychedelic Gleam said:
Burning it destroys the crystal though the non-burned molecule will still get absorbed in your system.

I maintain that more than likely the change in "character" is projected by the user more than an alteration in the chemical structure due to burning.

Especially after "over 100 trips" as I noticed more and more nuances as I used it more and more, eventually peaking out on a multiple time a week session, and the experience became more and more vulnerable, or rather I became more and more aware of tiny details I believed had an effect on the experience, and because of my belief these details became more and more pronounced as I searched for them to be backed up..

Ok, well you and I are clearly coming from the same place here. (i.e., your last sentence). Indeed, I understood this to be your point from the start. I understood it because its the place I usually start from. Like you (apparently) I have observed how radically my intent affects the experience.

However, even though I agree with your closing analysis, all I can tell you is that I believe the opposite. Indeed, I would make the same obvservations about most psychedelics. i.e., once you get oriented, you become "more and more aware of the details...". That the experience becomes "vulnerable" to a number of influences. That being true does not IMO give projection any more weight. Particularly given that intent seems to affect the content, but does not appear to affect the quality (like burning appears to).

In that light, I have observed that many substances that are not strictly speaking psychoactive can affect psychedelic experience in very significant ways. Further more, burning depending on how its done does not necessarily produce some inert "destroyed" molecule. It produces a number of chemicals that may well have the ability to modulate the experience. I am obviously asserting this possibility as most likely. This is of course speculative, however, it matches that experience. (IMO a little more closely than projection which I am pretty familiar.)

Of course that is the true lesson. We can believe anything we choose. And we really never know whether is true or not.

Love and Light

Last edited:
samadhi_smiles said:
well directly torching DMT is wasteful, but you can 'hover' the flame close to the DMT and the same result as hovering it beneath a device to vaporize it will be acheived (ie vaporization).

I only smoke DMT out of a bowl nowadays since its so simple.

Search my posts on DMT to find my method, I've written in detail about it. I breakthrough completely on 60-70mg just like I do with other smoking techniques (only diff is that its so simple and plus you get DMT residue in your pipe which makes next cannabis session really nice to get 5-10mg of DMT in you).

Well, actually the problem with hovering is that dmt vapor is highly flammable. Its difficult not to when there is direct flame. At least IME.

Don't get me wrong. All I am sayin is that there are better ways.

Love and Light

(Incidentally, I and the folks I teach how to smoke breakthrough on substantially less than that. 30-50.)

^Ah but theres breakthroughs and smash throughs....try smoking 200mg :)

Mycoloteur@gmail said:
Well, actually the problem with hovering is that dmt vapor is highly flammable. Its difficult not to when there is direct flame. At least IME.

Don't get me wrong. All I am sayin is that there are better ways.

Love and Light

(Incidentally, I and the folks I teach how to smoke breakthrough on substantially less than that. 30-50.)
well the breakthrough/non-breakthrough distinction is a false dichotomy. There actually is no distinction that exists, whatever sort of label you put on one experience over another is just your conceptualizing/categorizing mind at work and is not really trading on anything substantial in the world (in your mind in this case, which is in the world).

I can have very intense trips on DMT at 30-40mg (esp if I have taken piracetam that day). But, I prefer full immersion in the DMT space that comes from ~70mg. Its HARD to get all that into your body at once. You actually have to keep smoking it after you have come up which is REALLY difficult (and scary sometimes too! ie did I just burn my nose!?).

Its well worth it to trip that hard on DMT though 8o

I don't understand your first comment about DMT being flammable. Are you sure you have purified your DMT? Pure DMT is most certainly NOT flammable. It melts under low temperatures and turns into vapor (and so long as you're sucking on the pipe when it does that the vapor will go down into your lungs).

<3

^I don't think DMT is like salvia, where this is a clear line of demarcation between being mildly fucked to actually breaking into a new reality- it is so apparent with salvia, it makes the DMT transition seem cruisy IME. DMT has layers of hallucinogenia- basica fractal/face/geometry CEV'x; next stage is similar but OEV's too- next stage may be finding it hard to tell the difference between OEV's and CEV's; next stage being in a strange vortex with a grey alien talking to you. All of these can be attained by titrating your doses. Salvia- not so much.

Though the largest doses I ever took- roughly 200+mg usually ended up in unconciousness, though the vague memories I have are beyond trippy. I tend to think my mind simply shut away the stimulii; too much for one small human.

samadhi_smiles said:
well the breakthrough/non-breakthrough distinction is a false dichotomy. There actually is no distinction that exists, whatever sort of label you put on one experience over another is just your conceptualizing/categorizing mind at work and is not really trading on anything substantial in the world (in your mind in this case, which is in the world).

I can have very intense trips on DMT at 30-40mg (esp if I have taken piracetam that day). But, I prefer full immersion in the DMT space that comes from ~70mg. Its HARD to get all that into your body at once. You actually have to keep smoking it after you have come up which is REALLY difficult (and scary sometimes too! ie did I just burn my nose!?).

Its well worth it to trip that hard on DMT though 8o

I don't understand your first comment about DMT being flammable. Are you sure you have purified your DMT? Pure DMT is most certainly NOT flammable. It melts under low temperatures and turns into vapor (and so long as you're sucking on the pipe when it does that the vapor will go down into your lungs).

<3

In order...

Are you serious? Are you saying you don't think there is a real dosage related phenomena? IME the relationship between dosage/breakthrough and the general character of the experience is almost completely linear. Below the threshold, there is one class of experience, above it there is another (with a number of notches where different phenomena exist).

Re intense trips on 30-40 mg, the question was whether they were what we normally term breakthrough.. If you are echoing my comments about breakthrough space having a number "notches" then we probably agree about this. It is hard to get that much... One of my first breakthroughs came after a huge hit that in addition to being a big vapor hit, I got a mouthful of molten dmt. I was in breakthrough space for nearly 40 minutes. My mouth and was burning.... Anyway, the point is I have smoked >100 mgs on several occasions. *I* consider anything more than 70 pretty pointless. (I did one time smoke ~60 of 5-meo-dmt. It was like 3am, and I the next thing I knew, I woke up to loved ones standing over me. Apparently I had been rolling around on the floor naked yelling "thank you god" at the top of my lungs.) I agree that hard tripping is worthwhile, but I don't see any real distinction after about 70.

As for the flammability... Its extremely flammable in vapor form. Explosive almost. Try heating some on some foil and let the flame touch the vapor.

Love and Light

swilow said:
^I don't think DMT is like salvia, where this is a clear line of demarcation between being mildly fucked to actually breaking into a new reality- it is so apparent with salvia, it makes the DMT transition seem cruisy IME. DMT has layers of hallucinogenia- basica fractal/face/geometry CEV'x; next stage is similar but OEV's too- next stage may be finding it hard to tell the difference between OEV's and CEV's; next stage being in a strange vortex with a grey alien talking to you. All of these can be attained by titrating your doses. Salvia- not so much.

Though the largest doses I ever took- roughly 200+mg usually ended up in unconciousness, though the vague memories I have are beyond trippy. I tend to think my mind simply shut away the stimulii; too much for one small human.

I don't think salvia is as clearly opposed as you suggest. I have observed a clear and linear progression with salvia as well. You take small hit you get into a space much like 10-25 mg dmt, take a little more the vortex appears, a little more and you enter the vortex, a little more and you can explore the wormhole, a little more you exit the vortex on the other side, a little more and you come to the honeycomb of universes a little more and you enter one of those universes. I have never gone beyond that. One time though the entities told me that If I was done "over there" (in the "real" world) I could stay there in salvia space and they would send someone back in my place.

Love and Light

Mycoloteur@gmail said:
... the general character of the experience is almost completely linear. Below the threshold, there is one class of experience, above it there is another (with a number of notches where different phenomena exist).

Those two sentences are contradictory. ;)

Experience is a continuous spectrum, not reducible to "notches".
It's convention to think in divisions and classifications, but that's not how things really are.
... not trying to be picky, just explaining samadhi's post.

<3

BTW, welcome to BL ... we encourage a more holistic mode of thinking here (or perhaps we used to). :\

P.S. Anybody else get nostalgic for the good ole' days on BL?

I get nostalgia for last year... not so much before that.

Dondante said:
Those two sentences are contradictory. ;)

Experience is a continuous spectrum, not reducible to "notches".
It's convention to think in divisions and classifications, but that's not how things really are.
... not trying to be picky, just explaining samadhi's post.

<3

BTW, welcome to BL ... we encourage a more holistic mode of thinking here (or perhaps we used to). :\

P.S. Anybody else get nostalgic for the good ole' days on BL?
I miss last year. I felt much more spiritually aligned and healthy mind and body. I am getting back there. One upshot compared from now to then is that my body is physically MUCH stronger than it was a year ago. I can physically lift more and exert more force and my body feels more solid and resistent to damage.

Also Dondante, although it is a continuum this does not necessarily mean that humans cannot conceptualize it in a way of notches and divisions (clear cut divisions maybe or perhaps divisions with a 'penumbra' including vague cases). You're right that is something we do to reality, but of course what we do to reality should be considered in our ontology just as much as an 'objective' physical reality devoid of categories/divisions (a fundamentally unified force to use a term of art).

My main idea in pointing out the human constructed division between breakthrough and non-breakthrough trip is to reveal the utter folly of focusing on these sorts of conceptualization and return the focus to the immediate moment, the peak moment of the drug experience no matter what dosage it is at. The difference between normal consciousness and 'altered' consciousness or our consciousness and other animal's consciousness is not a difference in kind, rather than a difference in degree (like you have said elsewhere). All degress of consciousness are beautiful and unique, no one degree is more 'normal' than another (from a standpoint restricted to necessary claims at least).

Let's return to the point of complete and utter ecstasy and orgiastic tantric BLISS. This is the primary message of the psychedelic experience as far as I am concerned. Merging with the unity of Samadhi. Becoming the blissful moment.

Breathing in, <3Love<3, Breathing out, <3Love<3.

Peace and blessings,
samadhi

Delsyd said:
check out the marsofold tek.
its real quick and easy.
better yet think for a minute and come up with your own straight to base tek. I think you'll need *presses fingers to temples in satire*: NaOH, water, few quart jars, turkey baster, mimosa (300ish grams), naptha, glass dish, and shot glass for rextalizing.

^i find most STB teks to be very similar.
i dont think much can be done to make it any easier.

Marsofold's tek is just well written out and easy to follow so that is why i recomend it to people'

DMT for masses
<3

Status
Not open for further replies.