• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Yeah, the worst "crash" I've gotten from AMT is tiredness the next day after a particularly strong or long session, or after multi-day dosings. I also find AMT to be far superior to MDMA including in the way it feels. Once you get past the anxiety at the beginning it's such a wonderful, light, euphoric state of mind and body, that makes me want to talk to everyone while retaining my mental quickness.

I don't find AMT psychedelic like a typical tryptamine. It's psychedelic more in the way of MDMA, except more so in my opinion. It's very emotionally opening and gives an additional benefit of quick thinking and free association. It tends to make my mind begin whirring with theories and connections at any stimulation it receives.

Xorkoth said:
I don't find AMT psychedelic like a typical tryptamine. It's psychedelic more in the way of MDMA, except more so in my opinion. It's very emotionally opening and gives an additional benefit of quick thinking and free association. It tends to make my mind begin whirring with theories and connections at any stimulation it receives.

Although i agree with you Xork, that is only true for doses >50mg in my experience. Once you go above 50mg things start to get alot more psychedelic.

Xorkoth said:
Yeah, the worst "crash" I've gotten from AMT is tiredness the next day after a particularly strong or long session, or after multi-day dosings.

In terms of dopamine/serotonin releasing properties, it's not too surprising that AMT doesn't have much of a crash. Assume 40 mg AMT is roughly equal to 80 mg MDMA. I haven't tried AMT, but I don't have much of a crash from 80 mg MDMA ... a little tiredness and a slight brain fog at the worst. That doesn't seem too out of line based on what you describe. I've never taken more than 120 mg MDMA in a night, but I'd imagine that the crash would get progressively more severe for people who take 200, 300, or 400+ mg MDMA in a night, which isn't at all uncommon. AMT isn't taken in doses of 100 mg+, so the crash isn't nearly as bad. Maybe the figures are off by a bit in that paper, but they aren't unbelievable.

^^ Personally, 80mg of MDMA gives me a terrible few days of aftereffects. MDMA never really makes me "crash" immediately following it, but rather for days later I feel fatigued and quite depressed. AMT does not have this effect in me though. The highest dose I've taken was 100mg in a day (70 + 20 + 10). Although generally I would take around 50mg.

But you do have a point. People seem to get extremely excessive with MDMA but not quite so bad with AMT. What I can tell you, though, is that any dose of MDMA makes me wish I were dead after enoiugh time has passed, but AMT leaves me serene and happy all throughout and afterwards.

Xorkoth said:
Did you really mean +4, or did you mean +3? I find it hard to believe anyone could obtain a +4 from AMT (although I could be wrong certainly), and even harder that such a state would last fior 24 hours. A +4 is not a level of intensity but a certain profound, life-changing state of mind. Sometimes people use +4 to refer to an extremely strong +3. You may not be, but I'm curious.
Woops, sorry..I'd hadn't read the shulgin scale in a while and thought it went up to +5.

Yeah, it was a +3 for atleast 14 hours then slowly wound down.

Xorkoth said:
What I can tell you, though, is that any dose of MDMA makes me wish I were dead after enoiugh time has passed, but AMT leaves me serene and happy all throughout and afterwards.

I agree totally, I felt great for a few days after my one AMT exp, after I take MDMA Im filled with such terrible apathy and depression for ~3 days.

OK guys you can stop praising AMT so much you're making me too excited to try it! =D

Xorkoth said:
I find it hard to believe anyone could obtain a +4 from AMT (although I could be wrong certainly), and even harder that such a state would last fior 24 hours.

I have had a ++++ from AMT. Granted, the dose was about 80mg but yeah, I had a ++++. I actually had my first true trip that day. Before that it was all DXM, which didn't provide the depth that AMT did.

It took my breath away watching life flow through everything in my path, even things that we as humanity had killed and turned into some sort of an ornament that we take for granted in our daily lives. I could feel the energy in everything around me and everything that I touched rippled as if it was nothing but fluid energy instead of a physical solid. It sparked the most intense sensation of universal consciousness that I've ever had still to this day and ironically, its one of the few trips I've ever had that I can still recall the exact details of this peak experience, even to this day, about 5 years later.

And yeah, Delsyd is right, high dose AMT is more psychedelic than mushrooms in my experience. My favorite dosing is probably 60mg.

It has a relatively short point from where its just a mildly psychedelic empathogen to where it becomes a full-blown psychedelic with unmatched euphoria. Once you hit that psychedelic point, its hard to not want to revisit the substance.

On the salt vs freebase note, I definitely noticed that the freebase felt more toxic than the hydrochloride salt... probably due to some chemical deterioration. The hydrochloride salt is supposed to be a lot more stable. Also keep in mind though that AMT HCl is going to be less potent than AMT freebase by weight and that the same dose of freebase vs hydrochloride, with both substances of equal purity, the freebase is still going to have stronger effects (both the negative and the positive) than the salt.

That said though, the richest trips I had with the substance were with the freebase. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

^Definitely watch some T.V. on it, that was the best part of the trip.

When looking at people in real life I'd often get confused and wouldn't be able to recognize people, but when watching TV that didn't matter! Made it seem as if I was right there beside the people as well as they were morphing also.

All my friends decided to dose 150mg (I wasn't there when they were doing them or I would've stopped them) and they all had pretty good times. Didn't seem to intense even for people that had never tried psychedelics before. Wouldn't take it alone though, defo would of freaked out

(ps - it was the freebase I used)

Last edited:
Snorting freebase AMT

Anyone have experience with this? also, anyone have a dosage guide?

I loved oral AMT, but the trip was too long (30hrs+) and gave a really bad comedown.

Smoking it also doesn't seem to pleasant as most people find it acts more like speed than a psychedelic when using this route of admin.

cheers

DO NOT SNORT AMT UNLESS YOU WANT TO FEEL LIKE YOU SNORTED GLASS!

Seriously dude.

I had a friend who snorted 20mg of AMT and had to wash out his nose because it burned so bad after about 5 minutes. He got a nosebleed and everything. This wasn't his first time snorting a substance and he said that the burn was worse than methamphetamine.

He also had the worst trip of his life. He was the only person I personally know who had a bad trip on my AMT. This wasn't his first time with it either, he'd taken it orally 3 times prior and always had a blast.

This one is best left to take orally.

He also reported that he was still speedy and tripping balls 24 hours later and requested 2mg of Xanax to try to sleep. We gave him 2 and two hours later, he still was uber stimulated, so we gave him another 2, which knocked him out cold and he woke up about 20 hours later.

The rest of us, on doses between 30 and 60mg orally, all had one of the best trips we'd ever had, didn't have a comedown, only one person puked, and we all had similar visuals, intense body highs, and we all felt really bad for him. Nothing we could do would get him out of that space.

A couple of my friends (55-60kg each about) snorted 30mg of AMT freebase and enjoyed it muchly, didn't report anything negative.

maybe its weird but back in the day, there was a post on here about someone who snorted AMT and it burned the hell out of their nose too

I have smoked freebase AMT once.. Man what a crazy day.

Long version:

I had just met a member of BL a couple times, and knew he was cool (just moved into town a month prior). One of the first times I really hung out with him he called me at like 1:30 am and said "Hey do you want to try out this AMT I got today, I really want to and I don't know anyone else that would right now".. This is right as I'm pulling in my driveway after having challenged myself and a few friends to smoke all of this oz of pot with me and I wanted to go to sleep in a couple hours. I however agree, and go to his house for the first time and pick him up. We drop at roughly 4:00 am and I drive to my neighborhood so we can get to my house before it hits us. We have to wait a little bit before my mom was to leave for work, so I just park a couple blocks away and we sit for a bit. I get out thinking I'm going to puke... nothing happens. Try and get back in the car, then violently puke like BLAP! all the liquid I drank containing the AMT. After this I feel great and its time to drive back home.

This is one of the first real times hanging out with this kid, and the first time tripping, and also my first experience with any kind of RC type chemical. Day progresses, and my other no longer friend calls after getting out of court and I tell him whats going on. He convinces me to come get us, go get the AMT and let him try it while we re-dose.

Short version:

As I'm coming up off a re-dose of AMT (50mg each time), we decide to dump a good amount (+30mg) of the stuff into a large steamroller bowl. We both hit it, and the fowl taste, along with the fact that the re-dose is coming up, I start sweating profusely and dry heaving. All I can taste and smell is moth balls, and I'm burning up. I can't stop my body from trying to dry heave, It just keeps happening. I go into the bath room just in case I puke. I just lay in the black room and I don't know if I black out, zone out, or what happens but I see alien looking hieroglyphics, weird bubbly with bright pastel colors. And figures in the middle. One peels off and leads me into a jungle of brightly colored pastel plants and trees and I start hearing repeating drum sounds that get louder and when we get to the opening with the fire it all goes white and I come to or wake up or whatever happens.

For a long time I couldn't smoke pot, well I could but I would almost gag 'cause I could taste mothballs (different pipes and everything). It was just by association I guess, but it faded over a couple weeks.

Other stuff:

The member of BL that I speak of is now one of my best friends, and I don't use the term lightly. I have only 2 best friends but many other friends and associates. This trip is basically the foundation of one of my best friendships (well that and general love for psychedelics and the life style). Can't really use AMT anymore though, I tend to get a headache at the end and it feels 'toxic' to me somehow.

PS Ha, wow, I just noticed it said snorting freebase not smoking it.. Durr.

Last edited:
Use the rectal route - it reduces the length to about 12-15 hours, shortens the come up and abolishes any GI upset

Hey FB, can you plug the freebase without converting it to the hcl?

I know this has been covered before, but I don't think anyone said anything definitive.

How many times have you done rectal AMT fb? I wouldn't think it would shorten the duration of the trip... surely it extends the plateau at least?

Pretty crazy.

I'm curious about the rectal freebase too. Because I think this is something I'll just have to try. I HATE waiting 2 hours for the speedy "omg I have to go on a mission" part to kick in and then another hour before I actually start tripping, then another 30-45 til plateau. Long ass time.

Yep, I've snorted AMT before. The freebase. Several times, actually.

Benefits: slightly shorter duration (not a whole lot to be honest), faster and more pleasurable peak, easier come-up (for me it was).

Downsides: PAIN!! Oh my god, the pain!! It's a pain that lingers on for a good 10 minutes or more, and this from a guy who finds snorting pretty easy and painless. It's a different kind of pain than 2C-X snorting pain, not as acute but much worse for some reason. I think it's because it feels like it's burning away your mucous membranes (and maybe it is), whereas 2C-X snorting pain feels more like a temporary thing. Plus, AMT's smell and taste fill your mouth and the pain registers again every time you snort the drip back up.

Overall, I won't be snorting AMT ever again. Rectal AMT is the way to go IMO. But really, oral is the best trip from it, in my experience. Then again, I enjoy its duration (which is quite a bit less than 30 hours for me). That being said, rectal is the way I almost always use AMT because it's just about as good as oral with far fewer negatives.

Magicalkat: I use AMT rectally as well and have done so more times than I can remember. I use a drop or two of 30% HCl solution to convert it to HCl, but that's not necessary evidently. I just find it to speed absorbtion even more than rectal alone. I vastly prefer the come-up because it's faster and smoother with less anxiety and less uncomfortable stimulation. The overall state lasts a bit shorter but it's still nice and long. And best of all, no nausea/gastro whatsoever. F&B's comments are accurate.

S_S: Ximot says it works fine to plug the freebase. I've only tried it once, as a booster, so I can't say for sure. I always convert it, personally. But I'm sure it works. Things don't need to be water-soluble to pass through mucous membranes.

Dissolve it in a little vinegar & dilute then squirt where the sun don't shine (it forms a soluble acetate salt)