• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

I also enjoy low doses of a-MT. However, in my case they’re not so “low” as they are just barely sub-psychedelic. I’ve found it to be more of a pure euphoriant/mental stimulant at 10 mg or less when intramuscularly injected—and especially when intramuscularly injected. I’ve used the hydrochloride salt of a-MT a bit more than I had originally planned to because of this. It lacks the mind-and-body-taxing adventure of psychedelic doses and, when taken intramuscularly, is shortened to the far more amenable duration of ~5hrs.

The addictive potential is far more insidious when I partner it with its close chemical cousin amphetamine(s) in the form of insufflated Adderall, as in my experience the increased euphoria is commensurate with that potential. The a-MT not only amplifies the feel of Adderall, it rectifies it as well, providing a smooth plateau of positive energy where before there were ups and downs, and gently filing down the teeth of the tweak as well. Though I cannot make this latter qualification about the experience of Adderall’s onset during a-MT, which becomes significantly more acute than usual. For this reason I bump no more than 5mgs at a time when I’m already on a-MT.

^ I discoverd the joy of combining amphetamine with AMT nearly 15 years ago and have introduced friends to it since. Mixing both in a capsule (10-20mg of amphetamine and 15-20mg of AMT) produces what I can only describe as a 'state of grace'. Along with that is the fact that it is an aesthetic enhancer that surpasses even mescaline.

Probably one of the reasons I was never that impressed with MDMA in a club situation; ampohetamine & AMT together actually seemed superior IMO

I must remember to discover some d-amp somewhere sometime! Sounds great.

How much of a body load is associated with small doses of AMT? Might one expect the typical energy tremors/shaking and stiff neck like other trpyptamines produce?
I've heard this one compared positively with MDA which seems kind of hard to believe...

Amt low doses feel more like amphetamine than anything else. I don't get much of a body load at all in doses under 15mg

oh, convergence in process, I have been thinking about low dose AMT for a week or two now.

Its the only way I'd try AMT at this point, but I'd really like to try 5-10mg for a floaty low dosey mosey along happy day.

So can anyone share their experience(s) with amt at around the 25 mg level? Curious as to what I'm gonna get myself into, looking forward to it.

i find that the first time you try this drug you do not fully know what to expect, as you take it more you will begin to understand the drug more, at 25mg you should expect a pretty speedy come up and then it should turn to a nice body high with an altered visual field.. you may get some minor visuals, nothing paticularly intense.

You should expect a good time though :)

has anyone else tried aMT and MDMA? i find 20-30mg aMT with 100-150mg of MDMA to be an absolutely excellent experience.. obviously you have to be careful but it isn't that much of an MOAI. the mdma taken at around the 2 hour mark is sure to cause a longer lasting euphoria.. although the comedown is obviously worse :\

For those of you that have used AMT as an antidepressant, how long do you find it effective for? I imagine tolerance would build quite quickly? If I was to use 5mg a day or every other day how long do you think it would be effective for?

its been about 10 days and i've not experienced any tolerance yet. i don't like to think of this as an antidepressant per se because most of those just keep you from feeling sad but don't give you any good feelings. this goes much farther and brightens ones mood and sense of well being

What doses have you been using? Im also concerned about cross-tolerance with others trypts and PEAs. Im gonna give this a go starting monday with 5mg a day for a few weeks and then probably reduce it to 5mg every two days

I heard (from FB I think) that tolerance takes a WHILE to build if used at low doses (3-5mg). I would expect (but have nothing to back it up) that cross tolerance would build equally slow.

I don't personally think its a good idea to use aMT as an antidepressant. It doesn't sound too terribly healthy and sounds like there might be something else going on rather than just a need to become healthy psychologically (ie more a desire to use psychs). Of course, I could be totally off. This is what I have observed in myself though (as the idea of daily low dose psychedelics have crossed my mind and as I have experimented with daily low dose DMT).

P and L,
SS

^ I decided against it, partly due to what you said about a desire to use psychedelics. Im not depressed, but have been extremly apathetic the last few months. Daily aMT (or any other psychedelic for that matter) is not the way I want to overcome this, although Im sure it may help in terms of energy + motivation.

On another note: anyone thats done an aMT and DPT combo, do you use your normal dose of DPT, or less? What time during the aMT trip would you normally take the DPT? (Ill be insuffulating, dont have any micron filters) I could only find a couple of trip reports on erowid so if you have something to say about this please do!

nofx1422 said:
^ I decided against it, partly due to what you said about a desire to use psychedelics. Im not depressed, but have been extremly apathetic the last few months. Daily aMT (or any other psychedelic for that matter) is not the way I want to overcome this, although Im sure it may help in terms of energy + motivation.

On another note: anyone thats done an aMT and DPT combo, do you use your normal dose of DPT, or less? What time during the aMT trip would you normally take the DPT? (Ill be insuffulating, dont have any micron filters) I could only find a couple of trip reports on erowid so if you have something to say about this please do!
I highly recommend this combination. It gave me one of the 5 ++++’s I’ve experienced in a decade of psychedelics use. I used 50mg of AMT orally and 25mg of DPT IM in two equal doses spaced 15 minutes apart. If you have significant experience with both drugs at similar doses to this, I would recommend two 20mg-insufflated doses 35-45minutes apart (or long enough to know about how intense the first dose will be taking you) to achieve a similar intensity (though IM is far superior in my opinion). I think I took the DPT about 3hrs after AMT’s first alerts. All that really matters is that I was fully plateaued on AMT first. The affect of the DPT on the AMT trip is pretty radical; it’s a whole new animal. It was the most serene and content experience of my life, and also had powerful mystical overtones. Normally at that level I would probably have been sobbing at the sublimity of it all, but I was simply too at peace. Your mileage may vary but a friend later had a similar experience to mine, claiming that it was worth all of his other experiences with drugs combined. Definitetly not habit forming; I've only done it once since in 4 years.

AMT has been used in Russia/USSR for many years without any problems (unlike AET in the west) as an antidepressant. There are minimal psychedelic effects at 5mg/day and I think (though I can't be certain as I can't read Russian) that at that level it's more to do with increasing levels of synaptic neurotransmitters rather than 5HT2a agonism

Didn't you report muscle aches/stiffness and some peripheral stimulation during the day?

I would expect somebody not accustomed to stimulant effects would find this even more pronounced. Just a hunch but I would bet daily AMT is not a good idea for your cardiovascular system. I could be wrong though.

Didn't you report muscle aches/stiffness and some peripheral stimulation during the day?

Think it must have been someone else - I've not had any negative side effects that I can recall from daily low dose (5mg). This is one of the few RCs that has undergone clinical toxicology trials before being used in the USSR. I wouldn't advocate daily use of any of the other RCs as they haven't had the same sort of screening for use as a clinical drug