• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Is it necessary FB or will it just speed onset a bit more? I have snorted and plugged DMT freebase and it works fine.

Just something I'm in the habit of doing to increase solubility (the freebase isn't massively water soluble)

It works just fine with distilled water. It doesn't really dissolve but it absorbs all the same. I believe I have the freebase. I rectally dosed 50mgs in two doses spaced an hour apart. This is definately the way to go with this one, as I'm not a fan being nauseus and getting the squirts while tripping. I will say that this is the most clear-headed psychedelic that I've tried.

I can see how some may go way overboard on dosing and that would account for the train wreck horror stories I've read about. I was actually very apprehensive about this chem. over the years- until I tried it. It's by far the most user friendly tryptamine (for me, anyway).

It can be a great recreational social lubricant, but if you add psilocin (these two mesh exceptionally well btw) it can also be a very useful therapeutic aid as well; it becomes a very powerful empathogenic- and it doesn't have phony feeling that I would get from MDMA. Really the best of both worlds here, imho.;) Four thumbs up!!!

Yeah, I get the empathogenic effects from AMT alone... I've never mixed it with anything other than marijuana (which I don't recommend unless its near the end of the trip - it zaps your energy and your brain gets so fried that you keep forgetting everything that happens - we almost let the house catch on fire after someone put a joint that they thought was out and it wasn't in the trash can - we were all too fucked up to notice and the one that did notice hadn't been smoking weed) if I remember correctly.

Actually, I'm pretty certain I haven't because i read all the AMT combo horror stories...

So is there a proven way to avoid the nausea with oral dosage? Has anyone tried sub-lingual dosage? Does it help to take Dramamine with it? Does smoking weed during the come up help? I have the freebase which I heard is more prone to cause nausea than the hcl, is this true? If so would it work to add some citric acid powder with amt freebase in a gel cap? Also what is the best dose for MDMA like effects, is sex difficult as with mdma? Thanks,

-Peace

Sublingual dosing of the freebase burns very badly after a moment, to the point where my mouth felt corroded for a while. Not recommended.

Rectal route avoids any nausea. But as far as I know, if it enters your stomach, it'll probably cause nausea.

I have also heard that the freebase is more nauseating than many of the salts including HCL. Putting an acid powder in a gelcap with the AMT freebase wouldn't work at all though. You will have to use liquid. I do it by pouring the AMT freebase into a small shot glass of distilled water, and adding ~2 drops of 30% hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid at the hardware store), and stirring until it crystallizes and dissolves (at least most of the way), and then drinking it. You could use citric acid powder to dump into the water instead of HCL, that should work. Or at F&B mentioned, you could use vinegar.

I find AMT, especially after you get comfortable with it, does not inhibit sex. In fact I've had some good sex on it... it leaves desire intact moreso than most and actually makes it take a long time, but not forever like with MDMA and without the problems performing.

Thanks Xorkoth, the performance problems is what I was concerned with so that is good to know. I also have quite a bit of 4-aco-dmt and was wondering about this combo, best dosage, effects, etc. Also does anyone have any methods for converting to hcl then returning to powder form. What would be the best solvent to use? What is the difference in dosage between hcl and freebase, Some trip reports don't state if freebase or hcl was used and this makes it hard to tell what subjective effects I can expect, as I am going to be experimenting with AMT for the first time and am looking for an alternative to MDMA.
-Peace

willkell420 said:
I also have quite a bit of 4-aco-dmt and was wondering about this combo, best dosage, effects, etc.
-Peace

I have an abridged report of this combo a few pages back in this thread (not the +4 I had with this combo later). Xorkoth has a report in Trip Reports on it, and I've seen that dbailey11 has been talking it up lately. We all agree it's phenomenal. I'd recommend a +2 dose of each with the 4-AcO-DMT added once the AMT has plateaued.

AMT was my favorite of ALL the RC's i ever tried, i got it back then in 2001 from the guy that was found half dead in the desert of arizona...everything Xorkoth said about it applies to me... if only and only I could be so cool like you guys and had the possibility again to find it :\ The suppliers i know of do not offer this magical product.

Xorkoth said:
I do it by pouring the AMT freebase into a small shot glass of distilled water, and adding ~2 drops of 30% hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid at the hardware store), and stirring until it crystallizes and dissolves (at least most of the way), and then drinking it. You could use citric acid powder to dump into the water instead of HCL, that should work. Or at F&B mentioned, you could use vinegar.

Couldn't you achieve the same reaction using the acid and water in your stomach?

evlove said:
Couldn't you achieve the same reaction using the acid and water in your stomach?

Perhaps, but I've just found that the effects are a little different if you take the freebase. I'm not sure why, but I find the HCL to be smoother and less harsh during the come-up.

As for AMT being a substitute for MDMA, I think it's a wonderful one. My first few MDMA sessions were more euphoric outright, but in retrospect they were a fake euphoria, one that left me with nothing after the afterglow wore off. And then MDMA started to be a really lame high that caused a horrible depression for 1-3 weeks afterwards. So I stopped using it.

Then I found AMT. AMT is wonderful. The euphoria is less forced, but it is a definite serotonergic buzz. It makes me extremely happy and motivated, and makes me want to talk non-stop about philosophical and interpersonal things. It makes me feel so inspired and it makes life seem beautiful (even more beautiful than usual). Plus, it's a bit psychedelic along with that. The come-up is more difficult than MDMA, but once it ends, it's pretty much perfect (IMO). To top it off, AMT lasts all day, whereas MDMA lasts a few hours. And AMT just leaves you a bit physically tired the next day, but it also leaves you with a peaceful afterglow for a couple of days, after which you feel normal, not depressed.

And as for the AMT + 4-AcO-DMT combo, I had my third +4 experience with it, here. And today sometime I will be posting another report on it, a +2/+3 which was just great. It's a good combo indeed.

Just keep in mind that my doses for my +4 report I linked to are very high, due to using psychedelics 4 times a week for a while during that period of time. So dose lower, for sure =D.

How often is "repeated dosing"?

I was taking AMT in high doses about 3 times a week for about 2 months... sometimes continuously taking it to trip for multiple days at a time...

I didn't really notice much other than being tired and always being ridiculously happy at all times for 3 months, no matter what happened. :p Honestly, binging on pills fucked me up more.

Either way though, be careful with it. Nobody knows what this shit does in the longterm.

I imagine repeated dosing is much more toxic than single dosing, but that is just conjecture. Look back through this thread and find some interesting data Dondante posted about aMT releasing as much serotonin as MDMA. So, if the possibility to drain one's serotonin and reuptake dopamine instead is there (and thereby break the dopamine down into toxic byproducts), then you have the possibility for neuron damage.

At the very least you will experience HT receptor downregulation and serotonin depletion.

Why would you use it repeatedly out of curiousity?

AMT definitely is easy to get addicted to. I literally used to eat it like candy and pretty much never even weighed out my doses, just took what I felt was a good amount.

MagickalKat777 said:
AMT definitely is easy to get addicted to. I literally used to eat it like candy and pretty much never even weighed out my doses, just took what I felt was a good amount.

That's exactly what I was doing. Thankfully I ran out.

Like I said, you may want to be careful doing that...its highly likely that this type of abuse causes long-term changes in biochemistry.

Yeah man, that's why I stopped too. Ran out.

Interesting though that I didn't really suffer any withdrawals of any sort... I mean, I would sometimes randomly think... "omg, I want some AMT" but I never had any sort of real withdrawals IIRC>