• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Bare_head said:
has anyone else tried aMT and MDMA? i find 20-30mg aMT with 100-150mg of MDMA to be an absolutely excellent experience.. obviously you have to be careful but it isn't that much of an MOAI. the mdma taken at around the 2 hour mark is sure to cause a longer lasting euphoria.. although the comedown is obviously worse :\

According to this paper, AMT is a more potent inhibitor of dopamine and serotonin reuptake than MDMA, and about an equipotent releaser of dopamine and serotonin compared with MDMA!!! I knew it has some similarities since it has been shown that AMT, AET, and MDMA cause serotonin deficits after use, but I didn't know how far the similarities went. I suppose the dosage used for AMT is about 1/2 of what is used for MDMA so the relative effects end up being roughly equal reuptake inhibition and double releasing action for MDMA vs. AMT. The biggest difference I assume is AMT's affinity for the 5-HT2AR.

Combining the two would probably create increased risk of complications and I'd guess that it would also decrease the relative psychedelic effects of AMT.

http://www.drugs-forum.co.uk/forum/local_links.php?action=jump&id=1255&catid=18

F&B said:
AMT has been used in Russia/USSR for many years without any problems (unlike AET in the west) as an antidepressant. There are minimal psychedelic effects at 5mg/day and I think (though I can't be certain as I can't read Russian) that at that level it's more to do with increasing levels of synaptic neurotransmitters rather than 5HT2a agonism

I guess that the antidepressant properties of AMT fall between the dose that produces reuptake inhibition and the dose that causes monoamine release. I assume that doses causing release can't allow sustainable antidepressant effects. Hmm ... but dopamine release occurs at a lower concentration than monoamie reuptake inhibition. Any thoughts on this F&B?

Last edited:
Er niet tovasrisch! I still can't get any info other than the Russian stuff, which is a tad frustrating. Funny that it's never been flagged as neurotoxic if it has a similar mechanism of action as MDMA unless the weak MAOI activity is enough to stop dopamine breakdown to neurotoxic free radicals

Well, I forgot that amphetamines are often prescribed all too commonly and they're potent monoamine releasers (although highly selective for dopamine) ... still, it's debatable whether or not the effects are truly sustainable.

samadhi_smiles said:
Didn't you report muscle aches/stiffness and some peripheral stimulation during the day?

I would expect somebody not accustomed to stimulant effects would find this even more pronounced. Just a hunch but I would bet daily AMT is not a good idea for your cardiovascular system. I could be wrong though.

I never even had this problem when dosing 30+mg every few days for the better part of a month...

In fact, AMT didn't stimulate my heart at all... it was pretty crazy in how benign it was in that department, especially given how sensitive my heart is to stimulants...

Don't get me wrong, it IS stimulating... but it didn't seem to affect my cardiovascular faculties much at all.

OK, I'm hoping its a useful chem to take out and dance under the stars all night long and into the next day. Some of my friends take amphetamine and methamphetamine :)() for this purpose but I do not want to resume a (bad) habit with these chems for that end (although I think isolated stimulant use can be useful for certain purposes).

If that's what you're looking for, I think you'll be disappointed.

The first 3-4 hours of the AMT experience are speedier than a strong dose of meth for me... but without any CNS stimulation.

But after that, it loses most of that energy and becomes a rather pleasant roll with lots of visual shimmering in average (30-40mg) doses or full blown liquid to anything you look at in high (40mg+) doses.

And obviously, some people are more sensitive to AMT than others. I find 50mg to be perfect for me... but I have a friend who trips just as hard, if not harder than me, from just 30mg. Wish that was me... it would be a lot easier to keep AMT around for a good bit of time... instead of going through a gram in 2 months like I can easily do... :X

i love higher doses, the euphoria is much bigger, it lasts longer, and although the headache can be a bit of a pain it usually is rid after some 5-HTP and nurofen :)

Honestly, one single advil kills the headache for me. Most of the time I don't even get the headache.

Hmm...I was under the impression that it is very good chem to dance on from a couple of friends.

We'll see I guess. I'll probably start low to get a feel for it (~10mg).

The info Dondante posted about serotonin release being similar to MDMA is surprising though. I wasn't planning on using it that much anyways, but now am definitely going to restrict it to a couple times and then a long break.

Being low on serotonin sucks (duh).

It doesn't really surprise me based on the incredible euphoria... though I have to wonder... I used to do the stuff many times a month... never really suffered any sort of a crash like I would have from MDMA...

I would suspect there would be less crash since there is probably less neurotoxicity and the action is less acute than MDMA.

well it doesn't make sense that AMT feels better than MDMA... yet has an easier let down period

Well I can tell you its totally worth it. But just a warning, don't go into it looking for anything in particular. And don't wait it out.. find something to do until it hits you. I find AMT is just about as sensitive as MDMA in that regard... sitting there nervously until it hits you just weakens the whole experience in the end.

Started out with about 50mg AMT on sat at 2pm. Was still at ++++ at 2pm on the sunday. Wore off completely at about 5pm and then slept for 24hours solid.

Do you use a vaporizer to smoke AMT?

If its freebase, I always used a meth pipe... But I really don't like it smoked... Its a lot speedier.

How long does it last when smoked, for those of you who've tried it? Can you redose effectively at the end of the peak effects if you want to extend it?

TIHKAL has a higher dose report that lasted 3 hours (but I can't tell if thats peak effects or the entire trip).

I honestly don't remember the time scales... but I remember that the stimulation duration was greatly extended, however, it reduced the euphoria at the same time.

Has anyone else used the hydrochloride form of AMT? Do you notice a significant difference between it and the freebase? 3 years separate my last use of the freebase and my first use of the hydrochloride so it’s difficult to say whether the vast improvement in its effect on me is inherent within the chemical or in my current metabolism of it, but the my experiences with the hydrochloride have almost none of the negative side effects I used to experience with the freebase. I still have some of the freebase but I don't really want to test it. The freebase would frequently make me nauseous, sometimes cause a headache, and always give me strange, brief sensations of beginning to fall when I turned my head while walking during the week or so following use. I have not experienced any of this in my several trials with the hydrochloride. Unlike MDMA, I too have never experienced a crash from AMT, in either form. That certainly is strange given the content of the paper Dondante linked to. Anyone read anything else that corroborates that particular study's findings?

AuraithX said:
Started out with about 50mg AMT on sat at 2pm. Was still at ++++ at 2pm on the sunday. Wore off completely at about 5pm and then slept for 24hours solid.

Do you use a vaporizer to smoke AMT?

Did you really mean +4, or did you mean +3? I find it hard to believe anyone could obtain a +4 from AMT (although I could be wrong certainly), and even harder that such a state would last fior 24 hours. A +4 is not a level of intensity but a certain profound, life-changing state of mind. Sometimes people use +4 to refer to an extremely strong +3. You may not be, but I'm curious.