• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - Part 1 (Archived)

Try 20mg then. If my experience is anything to go by, the next moring you'll be functional and only have things like colour fringes on vision . The psychological effects will have dissapated except for the mood-elevating effects which will make you look like a 'born again' grinning at people and chatting to them on a Sunday morning.

If you took it on the Sat morning, I doubt that even the colour fringes would still be visible (the mood elevation goes on for aboy 2-3 days)

I want to take a-MT so bad, but I have to pick up my cousin at the airport an hour away the next morning. Can't be driving if still under. I'll probably be going for metocin (4-HO-MET) or perhaps 2C-T-21.

Why envy me? I didn't do anything special to aquire it. I still have yet to try it, but I think I am going to pass and go for metocin instead. 2C-T-21 looks like it lasts a little longer than I am looking to trip. a-MT is out for sure.

morninggloryseed said:
Do you just add a couple drops of HCL to a-MT sitting in H2O? Or do you actually go to the trouble of crystallizing it?

Yes. I put about 5mLs of distilled water into a shot glass with my dose of AMT, and add 2 drops of "muriatic acid" (30% HCl solution). Then just stir for a while. I usually have a few tiny crystals still undissolved. If I ever take it orally, I just take the freebase. But for rectal absorbtion, I find that the HCl works better and faster. I recommend rectal absorbtion because, although the dose stays the same unlike most compounds, it makes the come-up far easier. I never get any nausea rectally, most importantly, and the come-up lasts about an hour instead of 2 to 3. I've never thrown up from taking it orally, but I come close to it with that method.

Some of the PEAs, I am interested in trying them rectally. But I could never see that method of administration being the way I go...not for fear of things in my ass, as a finger or small vibrator never bothered me, but rather I tend to live by the "if it works fine orally, stick with it" way of things. I also tend to enjoy slow come-ups...so a speedy one is not at all attractive to me. I'd rather have it over the course of 3 hours, than rushed into a single hour. I think the come-up phase is rather important actually, and should not be skipped over.

Really, the only drug I have any interest in trying rectally is 2C-T-7, and maybe 2C-D.

Last edited:
2C-T-7 is definitely great rectally - I haven't taken a large dose, and have only used it that way once, but it totally eliminated any and all body load, and gave me zero nausea. And of course the come-up was shorter (but still pretty long).

The thing about rectal absorbtion is that it feels much easier on me in almost every single case, except for extremely benign things like 2C-D and 2C-T-21 (where it's about the same). You would think it would be speedier, but in my experience it really isn't. The anxiety from coming up is reduced for me rectally, as well. Most importantly, the general body load is significantly reduced. For some compounds this doesn't matter, but for AMT it really does. Orally I usually get a headache as the drug starts to wear off. The come-up feels speedier, I sweat profusely, I get a little nervous, and I become quite nauseous. Rectally, I sweat much less and the only thing not changed is the come-up anxiety, which isn't too bad for AMT anyway. I can't be sure but I think it may last an hour or two shorter rectally, also. I can always fall asleep earlier when I take it take way.

Don't get me wrong, though... AMT's come-up isn't too bad by any method of absorbtion, but it is a little bit more difficult than a lot of substances.

Any part that winds up with a more stimulating component is out for me. I cannot tolerate any stimulants anymore with the anxiety I deal with on a daily basis....even more than a single cup of coffee becomes very unpleasant. With regards to a psychedelic, any extra stimulation could send me into a very unpleasant place.

morninggloryseed said:
I want to take a-MT so bad, but I have to pick up my cousin at the airport an hour away the next morning. Can't be driving if still under. I'll probably be going for metocin (4-HO-MET) or perhaps 2C-T-21.

Ah right - driving, understand caution now (I'm a danger driving stone cold sober - no drugs in my system at all...)

^25mg orally, or equivalent. I think people WAY overshoot on this one.

Thanks I've got a friend I can procure some from, I was gonna have him measure me out a few different dose levels and take it from there. I just wasn't sure exactly where a good start point would be with this one. Appreciated.

i found 20mg orally to be a good dose for the beginning. although i did amt only twice i think i'd never take more than 40mg at once.

With regards to a psychedelic, any extra stimulation could send me into a very unpleasant place.

do you in particular know of any psychedelics doing this?

AMT as a putative MAOI

For those of you that take AMT, what (if any) dietary restrictions do you follow in the days beforehand?

Do you follow Erowid's advice on the MAOI page to avoid all foods with tyramine?

Also, has anyone taken AMT both with and without dietary restrictions, and noticed a positive change in the side-effects?

I've never followed any of the MAOI dietary restrictions when taking AMT and haven't noticed any bad effects, It is only a mild MAOI.

I got headaches from AMT at the begining of the trip, but they would go away after the comeup.

I've never noticed any MAOI effect from AMT. I've eaten cheese, drank caffeine, and had alcohol both on, before, and after it (although I didn't when I started... it's just that over time I determined that it had no negative effect to do so).

I've also combined many drugs with AMT, including 2C-B, 4-AcO-DMT, AET, and I've even taken DOC at about hour 8. While I wouldn't recommend the last one just because they're both long-acting amphetamine-like compounds, I experienced nothing negative with any of those combinations. There was potentiation going on, but it seemed very much synergistic and not the result of MAO inhibition.

Be careful, but I don't think you should worry too much.

Zarvoc said:
For those of you that take AMT, what (if any) dietary restrictions do you follow in the days beforehand?

Do you follow Erowid's advice on the MAOI page to avoid all foods with tyramine?

Also, has anyone taken AMT both with and without dietary restrictions, and noticed a positive change in the side-effects?

The competetive inhibitor activity of AMT isn't that much greater than that of amphetamine and several orders of magnitude lower than that of harmaline. I've taken fairly large doses of amphetamine in conjunction with AMT with no adverse effects.

The only drug I'd say you have to exercise any caution when combining with AMT is MDMA (and MDA)