• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-HO-DMT Thread

Well if you're confident in your dealer then I don't know... do you suppose there's a chance it was cut?

Tonight I found myself with all my housemates gone home for the weekend and a snowstorm outside. Perfect setting for another shot. I had 2 capsules with what I was told was 15mg 4-HO-DMT; I opened them up and split one in half. Put them together and bombed down what I believe to be 22-23mg. Long story short enlightenment was achieved this time. When I have some more time I might get started on a report if anyone is interested.

awesome!!! I love to hear about people's experiences with this stuff as every trip report I read makes me more excited about it!

It ranks up there for me in the top three psychedelics
1. DMT
2. LSD
3. 4-HO-DMT

Lookin' forward to reading your TR over a cup of coffee sometime soon! :)

^Glad to hear it hey_papi. It's really weird you didn't feel anything at 15mg but all's well that ends well I guess.

In addition to the stuff I brought up before that was left out in foil that turned a definite grey color, even the stuff that was stored in an amber bottle in a freezer has a slight grey tint now that it didn't have fresh. No loss in potency observed, but I transferred it to the smallest container I could and threw one of those oxygen-absorbing packets you might find in some herbal bottles in the bag alongside the vial. I'd really like this stuff to last!

some psilocin degraded to grey in less than a week when I forgot it left out on my desk (wrapped in foil).

the vialed psilocin has remained very pure white for a few months now (its in a freezer in a safe location).

I have a newly found supplier of this, as well as many other tryptamines, and I must say I love this compound greatly. It is essentially a really amazing mushroom trip (as any), but with no nausea or any uneasy, weird feelings. For this reason I believe that the other alkaloids present in them (baeocystin and norbaeocystin) cause such feelings.
Effects for me set in at around the hour point, starting with light waves of euphoria. Visual morphing shortly follows, and both greatly increase throughout the experience. Total duration is roughly 6 hours, no afterglow, great sleep.
One of my current favourites, the euphoria of mushrooms blows my mind. Honestly it is a million times better than pure MDMA for me, however very similar in the sense that my eyes get the rolls and the euphoria has many shared traits.

Dondante said:
4-ho-dmt was inactive by IV as well.
Hey dondante, can you expound on this statement? I am under the impression that psilocin is VERY potent IV. I was actually planning on exploring this route sometime, since it supposedly produces a trip close to the 'DMT flash.'

Can you list your dosage and your findings?

(sorry if I missed it)

peace,
samadhi

My 14mg intramuscular synthetic psilocin/55mg ketamine and 7mg insufflated 4-AcO-DMT non-fiction novella is now posted in trip reports for the sake of the reader's distraction.

Xorkoth, I've noticed your descriptions of alot of substances are quite like the effects I experience. That being said 4-ho-dmt is my favorite, but my only vendor that once had it no longer carrys it. I really like the euphoric, mdma type state you get from snorting small amounts. I've been looking for a substitute, I have 4-aco-dmt and it doesn't have the good energy that I get from 4-ho-dmt. 4-ho-mipt makes my thinking feel cloudy. I'm thinking of trying 4-ho-met and 4-ho-det as substitutes. Can Xorkoth or anyone else suggest another trypt. that is closest in its feel to 4-ho-dmt?

willkell420 said:
Xorkoth, I've noticed your descriptions of alot of substances are quite like the effects I experience. That being said 4-ho-dmt is my favorite, but my only vendor that once had it no longer carrys it. I really like the euphoric, mdma type state you get from snorting small amounts. I've been looking for a substitute, I have 4-aco-dmt and it doesn't have the good energy that I get from 4-ho-dmt. 4-ho-mipt makes my thinking feel cloudy. I'm thinking of trying 4-ho-met and 4-ho-det as substitutes. Can Xorkoth or anyone else suggest another trypt. that is closest in its feel to 4-ho-dmt?
I find oral 4-ho-DMT trips to be like a faster and more manic 4-AcO-DMT trip. If you're accustom to the onset of snorting 4-ho, you might try IMing the 4-AcO to see if you can recapture some of what you're looking for through a speedier ROA of a "slower" version of 4-ho. Might as well try it before buying something else, since finding something closer to the 4-ho than 4-AcO seems unlikely. Personally, I find 4-AcO significantly more euphoric and MDMA-like, but less manic, than the 4-ho. Even though we differ in that respect, I do find that taking 4-AcO IM definitely sharpens it's teeth and gives it more of 4-ho's character.

psood0nym have you tried IVing 4-HO-DMT yet?

I'm going to read your TR this weekend when I've got some time to devote to it.

No I haven't. I suspect it would be something like smoked DMT from the IV 4-AcO-DMT reports. I don't get that much out of smoked DMT beyond a rocket ride, so I haven't really felt the desire. The 4-AcO-DMT IV reports had me interested for awhile though because as I recall they involved narrative visions. I'm sure I will try it at some point, though, simply because there's not much on it. But I'm just as sure you'll beat me to it.

Yeah, the trip report ain't short. But as with most trips I'll bother with writing a full TR about, a lot of new and unusual things happened that I felt were all worth mentioning.

willkell420 said:

4-AcO-DMT is going to be the closest. 4-HO-MiPT can be like psilocin also, for some people. I haven't explored that one much though.

Thanks for the feedback. I've just found that the energy/body-buzz and over all good mood that 5-8mg insufflated gives is better than anything else I've tried. It almost works as an antidepressant/empathogen on me in low doses much like mdma. I get a very nice energetic tingling in my body that seems like it starts from my heart chakra. In high doses orally it is on par with even the best cid. Everyone who who has had the opportunity to taste this classic should be grateful to their supplier. The only supplier that I know of that has ever had 4-ho-dmt quit carrying it last summer. I'm not asking for vendor info, I just want to know if it is still available? If it is, I will just look for another vendor rather than a replacement for my favorite entheogen. Thanks....

I almost said the same thing. But willkell420 is looking for small dose 4-ho euphoria. If you're looking for a mild energetic euphoria and 4-AcO-DMT doesn't work for you, willkell420, I'd say low dose aMT is an economically viable substitute--even if it really isn't much like 4-ho. You might also try 4-AcO-DMT with an MAOI, just to tweak the qualitative effects slightly to see if by chance they're more in line with what you're looking for.

Thanks again everyone, but I think I've found my answer!!! I don't know if anyone else will agree, but 4-aco-det is almost identical in its effects to 4-ho-dmt. My girlfriend and I both tried it out last night at 20mg each. She swallowed hers, I insufflated mine. It didn't burn and I felt it in 5 minutes. Body buzz felt Identical to insufflated 4-ho-dmt in my opinion. And besides slightly less visuals my girlfriend couldn't tell the two apart. I also like the fact that Hoffman made it as the next step in 4-ho-dmt experimentation. Anyone else's opinions would be welcomed. I will post a better report under the appropriate thread later, after some well needed rest. Peace.....