View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-AcO-DMT thread - New incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally tried this 2 nights ago, kind of spontaneously (damn ambien uninhibition). A 15mg dose put me into a dreamy world where I'd travel out of body and think very strange thoughts. No doubt slightly influenced by the zolpidem 20mg, but mostly dominated by pleasant tryptamine qualities. My ~___Trip Report___~ is here.

I will try again maybe in a few days. I have a feeling that the zolpidem, in reducing the nerve impulses also reduced possibility of tolerance. My next dose is prepared at 22mg+/-3mg. I won't be taking any sedatives (alprazolam .75mg on hand) unless it gets intense. Usually I'd jump right in, but I have some real issues of stress going on in my life and I don't want to get too beat up, I want to gently explore and work through them.

I plan on a pleasant time exploring my mind alone, with a small touch of cannabis. I regret the last trip in a way, because most of my memory is wiped clean besides the small amount I remembered the next morning when I put the trip report together. I forgot to note in that trip report, I did have herb and the usual sub-buccal tobacco. I drifted in and out of alertness of my surroundings, and really wish I remembered more. Would have been nice to have video'd myself.

Pretty cool, how thick was the "goo"?

Ummm... as thick as, uh, "Goo" usually is.

Not runny at all, stayed in one place like a lump of sticky tar you might scrape out of a much used pot pipe. But not that oily, more watery... shiny and gelatinous.

Not runny at all, stayed in one place like a lump of sticky tar you might scrape out of a much used pot pipe. But not that oily, more watery... shiny and gelatinous.
Ahhh, pretty interesting. I was wondering the thickness and what not to see if it was like JWH-018 which turns into an amber gel.

I am looking to combine 4-AcO-DMT and Methylone (bk-MDMA) this coming weekend. I was thinking, 18 mg 4-AcO-DMT and 120 mg of methylone. Sound safe? Could doses be increased? I am a seasoned psychedelic user, but there will be a few newbies on the path, I was thinking same dose for all to achieve relatively equal planes of experience.

Any suggestions? Thanks BL!

Odd combo, but safe, probably. Should be interesting.

I would up the Methylone... many (most?) people find only low-grade stimulation at anything below 175mg (even 150 seems inadequate & incomplete). 175 seems for many a threshold critical mass of some sort that gives the massive burst of walking-on-air deliciously-tingly-skin-rush serotonin euphoria effect at 45-60 mins.

I would wait till right when this euphoria mode of the M1 kicks in to take the 4-aco-dmt

You HAVE experimented with both of them on their own, right? If not, then you REALLY need to do that first. Doing either or god-forbid both for the first time in combo seems a recipe for a probable anxiety-fest.

I must say, I really , really enjoy this chemical. It is probably one of my new favorites due to the seemingly benign nature of moderate doses accompanied with the ability to concentrate for purposes of deep insight and introspection. The visual effects are very enjoyable at the doses I'm currently feeling out (15-25 mg), and many of my close friends enjoyed the experience.

However, I must mention a few things in case anyone else has had this happen as well. A group of 4 of us each ingested 17mg. All parties have +/- 8 years of solid psychedelic experiences. 3 of us were absolutely in awe of the nature of the trip, while one involved seemed to be reserved, and 4 or 5 hours later became quite ill and threw up. I had some stomach pain but assumed it was due to the food I had eaten after ingesting the capsule.

We were smoking cannabis during the end of the experience (we are all frequent cannabis users as well) , and he drank one beer later in the night, although with his experience, I assumed this would be negligible. He came out of the bathroom and looked more pale than I've ever seen, so I stood up and asked if he needed to take a visit to the hospital or just lay down, and he chose to lay down, but by this time,the other 2 in the group notified me that I was now equally as pale as my sick friend.

My vision began to fade as if I were whiting out, so I sat down and did some breathing exercises and it went back to normal within a minute or two. I didn't feel as if I were going to truly pass out, and my heart rate was not increased. I didn't feel as if I were in any danger, either. I believe I can attribute the whiting-out feeling to sitting in the dark smoking cannabis for 2 hours, and quickly turning on all lights and jumping up to help my friend, although I'm not certain.

If anyone has had a similar experience, I'd like to hear it. I really enjoy 4-ACO, and I have already had a handful of wonderful experiences,even alone, on this chemical. But I also seem to get stomach discomfort that doesn't feel...right. It could just be the intensification of the senses, but as with all research chemicals, I can't say for sure!

Love and Light

If you are sitting fairly still at a long stretch, and also smoking alot of weed, this can lower your blood pressure significantly... then suddenly leaping up, basically you've left all the blood pooled in your legs and gut, and your circulatory system can't react fast enough and your brain has a momentary shortage of blood/oxygen and, basically, you start to "faint". Your description is a classic fainting reaction. It's possible 4-aco-dmt contributed to a systemic disruption of regulatory processes that made it worse, but basically I'm sure you just started fainting due to sitting getting real high then suddenly jumping up trying to move too fast. Not uncommon at all. Not to worry.

This is my favorite RC psychedelic and probably the only one I'd call theraputic. The day after a moderate dose, I don't feel high or low, just "normal" and productive. These days if I'm not feeling quiet right mentally for a long period of time, I use a small to moderate (10-15mg) dose of this to get my head back in the game.
The experience itself feels cleansing... No euphoria and maybe even some depression during the first couple of hours of the trip for me. Quiet sedating although with an uncomfortable body load and some mental confusion during the plateau. Beautiful organic closed eye visuals followed by an introspective comedown. I do get chest tightness sometimes along with a moderate increase in heart rate and blood pressure (HR from about 85 resting to 120 and BP from 120/80 to 135/90).

To the person wanting to combine this with methylone - I really didn't like the combo. 4-aco-dmt completely killed the euphoria from methylone (I took a little less than 100mg of methylone followed immediately by 12mg 4-aco-dmt). There is also the possibility of rapid mood switching (euphoria switching to dysphoria and back again within seconds) and a large and uncomfortable rise in heart rate and blood pressure.
Also unless you are experienced with high doses of methylone please don’t take 175mg at once in combo with another drug. If you have the pure drug, even 50mg should produce moderate euphoria and 100-150mg can give you full effects without molesting your cardiovascular system. 120mg of methylone + 18mg 4-aco-dmt should be fine and if you are still interested in this combo I recommend taking methylone on the comedown from 4-aco-dmt to minimize the possibility of a dysphoric or emotionally strange trip.

I don't feel 175mg is a "high" methylone dose but I guess this is getting into semantics quibbling. 175 is considered a "common" dose by Erowid, but yea it is also in their "strong" range. Min of 175 as I said is found by many/most to be needed for "complete" effects (described below) to occur. But some people are extra-sensitive I guess. So definitely start low and try a bit more next session, as it is known for wide variability, and once the "euphoric rush" threshold is hit, stimulant load can escalate exponentially, so do beware please! (also redosing is pointless past about 1st hour from T0, and for most even that is questionable in its usefulness.)

I did once get "full" effects by pre-dosing with 85mg 1,3-DMAA (geranamine), a stimulant, then after it took effect doing 120mg Methylone, so it is possible with a stimulant booster, which 4-aco-dmt most definitely is not, rather the opposite it seems to have a sedating effect, so it will probably cancel out much of methylones effects, so its probably a waste of both.

(If you are using much less than 175 on methylone-only trips, while pleasant, you are probably missing the drug's sweet spot for total effects, not just a slightly euphoric speediness... at "full" dose the effects build to a point where its almost like a bubble of tension pops which marks the sudden release of lots of serotonin as is also caused by MDMA and the resultant rapid rush of strong euphoria at about 45-60 minutes in. Very well known and standard reaction but in the majority of people this only happens around 175mg. BUT: from that point the effects magnify rapidly... 190mg can feel MUCH stronger than 175, and over 200 is considered by many to be excessive and risky).​

However, I agree, the person should NOT try combining these without substantial experience with each by themselves, to learn their individual reactions and tolerances, which are all different.

Last edited:
To the person wanting to combine this with methylone - I really didn't like the combo. 4-aco-dmt completely killed the euphoria from methylone (I took a little less than 100mg of methylone followed immediately by 12mg 4-aco-dmt). There is also the possibility of rapid mood switching (euphoria switching to dysphoria and back again within seconds) and a large and uncomfortable rise in heart rate and blood pressure.

That sounds like what happened to me... I was in dysphoric hell. It was so intensely dysphoric I thought I had serotonin syndrome because the "rushes" were so intense my head hurt like it was going to explode. Pulse easily shot up to 160 or so and caused a panic attack... took 2mg of Klonopin to knock me out... and this was the TAIL END of the methylone peak.

175mg is not a "high" methylone dose... it's considered a "typical" dose, as I said found by many/most to be needed for "complete" effects (described below) to occur. I nor no one I heard about or read about got "full" effects of M1 at less than 175mg, though if you say you do, I wont say I disbelieve you, some people are extra-sensitive I guess.

This is flat out WRONG and dangerous advice which could lead to some rather unpleasant high dose methylone reactions.

This stuff is WILDLY variable in doses...

From Erowid:

"Methylone (Explosion, bk-MDMA, Ease, m1) dosages are not well documented in the literature and the following dosages are based on a submission by Winta and reports gathered by Erowid. Methylone is generally available as pure crystals and rarely, if ever, pressed into tablets. As one contributor notes, "The most reasonable dosage recommendation for such a poorly documented substance would be 'none at all', but since this advice is unlikely to be taken seriously." The variability in response reported is reason for special concern and should be taken seriously by those considering ingesting methylone.

Dosages vary considerably between individuals, with some methylone users reporting that they "never" exceed 100mg, while others report "barely reaching" threshold at 200mg.

Oral Methylone Dosages
( tentative )
Threshold 60 - 120 mg
Light 100 - 150 mg
Common 100 - 250 mg
Strong 160 - 270 mg
Heavy 250 + mg

Some respondents say that increasing dose with methylone beyond 100-180mg causes increased physical effects and does not substantially improve the empathic cognitive effects.

Insufflated dosages appear to be slightly lower than oral dosages.

Stimulation / Sedation
Some have reported worrying heart rate and blood pressure increases at doses over 180-200mg. While some people report stimulation, there are also reports of seemingly paradoxical sedation effects.

We have one report of a male who found it took over 250mg of material to approach the bottom of a 'common' dose and found 300mg to be "just right" and the same material affected others at more common doses"

I personally have experienced full-blown effects from 150mg and 250mg was so much I literally went unconscious for awhile. My dose is 180-190mg. No more, no less. Took a lot of trial and error to get there too.

I dont see how 175 is "dangerous" advice, darling. Its in Erowid's "common" range. And I said over 200 is dangerous and risky.

You say you do 180-190, yep, that's right where I settled. Just a tad over the magic threshold, to get full effects and a little added intensity.

I guess I should remove the part saying I never heard anyone get good results below that, mention wide variability, and recommend ramping up over time. (I'll edit the post, based on your comment, but I really doubt 175-200 is going to cause injury to anyone.)

I didn't mean dangerous as in OMG it might kill you but say someone takes 200mg and they happen to have a cathinone sensitivity and its so intense they do something in their stupor and hurt themselves? Seriously I don't black out from anything but when I did 250 I most certainly blacked out.

Post edited to add cautions. Sounds like we're on the same page. Yea, 250 sound excessive, I would never go that high. :-*

Stop waffling on about crappy methylone in the 4-aco-dmt thread.

Shitty stimulants belong in their own thread.

^ My goodness aren't we in a nasty mood today! Go smoke a bowl or whatever!

I just mentioned them since I wanted to comment on dosages for the guy who brought up combining it with 4-aco-dmt, the safety issues came up, so best to address them so no one gets hurt.

Settle down, we're done now. Why So Serious??? If a post doesnt interest you flick by it, fer cryin out loud. Is your mouse finger busted or something? Geez, you gotta have a little flexibility in life, Mr. "Ze ruls must be obeyed prrrrrezisely at all times or you vil be flogged!!!"

4-aco-dmt, second trip but first time by itself. and tolerance question

So, back to the subject of discussion, psilacetin. Last nite I took a tad over 20mg. This was about 48 hrs after the first trip, which was 15mg while on a high ambien dose.

At first, I was disappointed. The trip took a long time to manifest despite an empty stomach. I could feel effects, but it took about 2.5hrs before i was really feeling the mental effects. They were quite interesting; at one strange point, I imagined (and could almost see) a green cavern form in my mind with black eyes staring at me, and realized this was my conscious or subconscious, so i was staring at me, and it started back, but it being me, i stared back, into some sort of infinite feedback loop that felt very strange!!!

The mind effects were interesting and great, for the hour that they lasted at the level I liked. However, the trip was lacking in visual effects. I stared at milkdrop and really enjoyed it, to an intense level, as if the flow of colors were altering signaling in my mind; i was "feeling" the colors, as well as the music, which also took on a new level.
I was surprised I got these interesting mental effects, yet in terms of visuals, all I got was some shape/pattern shifting when looking at myself in the mirror in the blacklite, and some other subtle peripheral stuff, but with lights on, back to reality-looking reality.

So, insight and exploration of the altered, classically tripping consciousness was apparent (acid like for sure. haven't had enough decent shroom doses to compare that to but definitely similar)... but visually, plain. The mental space made up for it.

My tolerance question: What kind of 'tolerance' is there when taking psyches close together (2 days)? Lack of visuals? Maybe the mental effects didn't get tolerance because ambien prevented it from forming, since on ambien I didn't get full tripping mental effects.

Did this stuff visually disappoint anyone else, yet leave them satisfied with the tripping headspace? I really really hope it was just tolerance! This is good stuff.

So, back to the subject of discussion, psilacetin. Last nite I took a tad over 20mg. This was about 48 hrs after the first trip, which was 15mg while on a high ambien dose.

At first, I was disappointed. The trip took a long time to manifest despite an empty stomach. I could feel effects, but it took about 2.5hrs before i was really feeling the mental effects. They were quite interesting; at one strange point, I imagined (and could almost see) a green cavern form in my mind with black eyes staring at me, and realized this was my conscious or subconscious, so i was staring at me, and it started back, but it being me, i stared back, into some sort of infinite feedback loop that felt very strange!!!

The mind effects were interesting and great, for the hour that they lasted at the level I liked. However, the trip was lacking in visual effects. I stared at milkdrop and really enjoyed it, to an intense level, as if the flow of colors were altering signaling in my mind; i was "feeling" the colors, as well as the music, which also took on a new level.
I was surprised I got these interesting mental effects, yet in terms of visuals, all I got was some shape/pattern shifting when looking at myself in the mirror in the blacklite, and some other subtle peripheral stuff, but with lights on, back to reality-looking reality.

So, insight and exploration of the altered, classically tripping consciousness was apparent (acid like for sure. haven't had enough decent shroom doses to compare that to but definitely similar)... but visually, plain. The mental space made up for it.

My tolerance question: What kind of 'tolerance' is there when taking psyches close together (2 days)? Lack of visuals? Maybe the mental effects didn't get tolerance because ambien prevented it from forming, since on ambien I didn't get full tripping mental effects.

Did this stuff visually disappoint anyone else, yet leave them satisfied with the tripping headspace? I really really hope it was just tolerance! This is good stuff.

Tolerance kills my psych visuals...and 2 days is most definitely not enough time to eliminate tolerance...

I tripped ~27 mg and had flowing rivers in my cement ceiling, auras/color bleeding, vibrational trails beginning to form...etc

music intensified the visuals, and, much like mushrooms, they came in waves...

The headspace was amazing...

I feel as though ego loss is within reach, although from the reports I've read, its seemingly unattainable on this chemical...

Great stuff though for sure...I may try my hand with some other 4-substituted...thinking 4-HO-MipT soon

I probably just need a few days. I'm going to try again probably friday, which will be 4 days after the last trip. I'm glad it was most likely tolerance which limited my visuals.

4-ho-mipt was great. I don't have enough experience with 4-aco-dmt to compare it, but I tripped on miprocin at least 6 times. The visuals were mind-blowing, the headspace could get challenging/difficult on higher doses but it always was a magnificent adventure. I think it was slightly more potent by weight than 4-aco-dmt. It would turn darker after a while, even after being in freezer, but this new chemical had similar potency. It seemed 18mg was enough to see neat visuals, 28mg damn near too much to keep my ego [/4-ho-mipt].

I think in a few days, my next trip... going to bump it up to 25mg (4-aco-dmt). Then again, I'll be trip sitting someone, taking it for the first time, so I may have to settle for less to keep them calm/be able to interact with them.

So, 4 days enough to kill tolerance? I remember reading on erowid or somewhere, that it was 3 days for trypts and 5 days for phens.. not sure how true this is. I never wanted to trip so close in a row before, but haven't tripped in a long time, and the time is right for it, later in the month will get too academically challenging. Also this stuff intrigued me, but left me wanting more.

So this is a good drug.

I took a double dose, that's of two capsules, what ever that is in 'mg'.... after a few beers and a night before on the madman.... it was a large amount for experience.....

I have had before a few times but only small amounts a few weeks ago was similar to mushrooms visually, that time I ran home, or walked home fast from the club to violins in the streets. It is not a drug for out and about and that's after a small amount!

Two capsules was the key. Or a more unusual amount to go a bit nuts.

Fuck your ways of talking about it, this is as descriptive as you need and helpful if you have never tried it.

Out of everything I have taken, 2ce, 2cb, 2ci, lucy, etc... this is the mother fucker, I think.

I have never experienced visuals quite like a few days ago.

I took the medium amount in a crowded place... Two on the head in a club, a women jumped on my back, I left on my bike. Thankfully the woman was not on my back still!

Rode home, luckily these take about two hours to kick in if you do a good enough amount...about an hour for a small amount, fuck knows why?

So after a good amount, I was unable to see in a good way... without a lot of colours rushing through my vision.. like a mad ball of sparkle rolling back and forth in the room, really hard to focus on anything not pretty, but focusing is the last thing i could want or do...

I held a match stick in my hand for two hours, the match was lit, it sparked amazingly into such lovely colours and shapes that wrapped around my finger and the match like a vortex or spirals made of rainbow colors, beautiful is the only word that can captivate the look of the things i saw.

At one point i smoked a roll up cigarette and a miniature crow flew out of it into the kitchen. With other drugs hallucinations are normally fluid and swirl, they come every now and then, not constant... patterns are more liquid. But these visuals were pure geometry, mazes in the carpet, people joking to me in the windows that were opening in space around me, it gave you feelings that you were sorting something out under a rainbow of life stream.

I couldn't listen to music after a lot of it, silence for six hours, the visuals were enough for me... I tried to make some music but the monitor was liquid, that's never happened. A little bit made me very creative, too much just looked fucking amazing but I was helpless.

this is a time travel false drug

vortexes around everything

enjoy

rainbow life stream

no one is explaining how pretty this looks

shame on you

I lent under the sofa for twenty minutes and watched the lamp stand change into the most indescribable patterns.

as a hallucinogen this is perfect.... i saw more but that is for my friends to know...

yes yes yes

this is a good un

^Mmmmmm'Kay.

Are you sure it was 4-aco-dmt? Did you buy/aquire/get it yourself? Or did a friend give it to you and tell you it was 4-aco-dmt? Or are you guessing

Because 4-aco-dmt does not usually take 2 hours to come on. And it does not usually cause visuals of that sort. But it also seems to affect everyone different, so who am I to say... I enjoyed your enigmatic report nonetheless.

I liked the women jumping on your back, and the bike ride, and the miniature crow, and hiding under the couch watching the magic transforming lamp stand (GREAT!). I feel like I went on an epic journey just reading that one short post!

Did you ever consider writing literature or poetry for a living or for fun? You seem good at it! Maybe you could write and illustrate psychedelic graphic novels or comics... the next R. Crumb

Status
Not open for further replies.