• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Bicycle Thread

That's a really sizable ride for a 'beginner'; you have to be on the right track. Weellll...my friend ended up not going to the beach, so I ended up doing a 4 hour training ride instead.

ebola

aww bummer

im actually going to be up in redding on thursday (which is only a couple hours from portland)

I'll be posting in this thread a lot in the next coming months. I'm relocating to the heart of the city and will be biking 6 miles up hill each way, to and from work, so along with errands I'll be doing about 14 miles a day.

I'm not used to conversion from bike-hike or run, anyone care to give me an idea of how much excercise this will be for me?

Edit: I have a surgically repaired knee that is pretty bad and a few broken vertibrae in my L3 and L4, can you guys take that into consideration as far as the difficulty of my ride? 6-8 miles will be after an 8 hour shift working in a busy restaurant as well.

Last edited:
Yeah the shogun is mine now. I'll give it to you when I can afford a trek or raleigh.

I'll be posting in this thread a lot in the next coming months. I'm relocating to the heart of the city and will be biking 6 miles up hill each way, to and from work, so along with errands I'll be doing about 14 miles a day.

I'm not used to conversion from bike-hike or run, anyone care to give me an idea of how much excercise this will be for me?

Edit: I have a surgically repaired knee that is pretty bad and a few broken vertibrae in my L3 and L4, can you guys take that into consideration as far as the difficulty of my ride? 6-8 miles will be after an 8 hour shift working in a busy restaurant as well.

If you have a trainer or access to one, I would spin on that for an hour to determine how your knee and backs feels first before going on your work rides.

I'm relocating to the heart of the city and will be biking 6 miles up hill each way, to and from work

How is it logically possible for the rides to and from work to both be uphill? :p

ebola

How is it logically possible for the rides to and from work to both be uphill? :p

ebola

Youve gotta stop being so dry ebola. I'll have to use a different route for each way due to traffic and lack of a safe place to ride other than a side walk.

The GF talked me into some road bike excursion soon. We've only planned that it will happen around the SLO area so far. I'll be borrowing her son's bike and hope I dont destroy it from some epic fail fall.

^ those skinny tires are scary man!

welcome to your indoctrination

Yes, I'm very apprehensive due to the skinny tires. Already informed the gf we are taking a leisurely pace.

outside Dayton, oh back in may, I saw a guy along the tracks smoking a cigarette, while riding a bike, while dragging a push lawn mower behind him, wearing a winter coat

was the best biking event of my life

UP!

AND RIDE!!! BALLERN!

Mountain biking is lots of fun on acid. And surprisingly safe.