• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Aussie travellers thread!

if anyone has got any recommendations for Latin America I would love to hear them.

OK here goes...

I recommend being in Latin America around NYE so you can hang with myself and foots.

There's some good psy doofs that can be hit up over the summer %) All the big name psy producers and Aussie locals like Tetrameth and his brother Shadow FX are common at such festivals. YEWWWWWWWWWW

Other than that I'm out of ideas :)

I miss you footscrazy! <3

Where are you going in South America?
I did a shorter trip there a couple of years ago. Some of favourite spots were Praia do Pipa/Ponto Madeira in NE Brazil, Canoa in Ecuador, Banos and a few other places in Ecuador acually most of Ecuador was enjoyable. Another highlight was going to a doof at Urubamba in Peru, I dont know how regularly they have them there but it was nice and chilled.

Do some kind of hiking in the Andes if you can/and like that sort of thing.

Also learn some Spanish or if you are going to Brazil then Portugese. It makes it less strenuous to get around.

There were so many other highlights and places that I wish I had time to visit I'm sure 7 months will give you plenty of time to see a grest deal of that wonderful continent. Say hi to my friend Charles, I miss him.

Off to Hong Kong in August for a one semester student exchange!! Pretty excited as never been there before. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should see while I'm there?

Hey sydkiwi,

I'm heading to HKG next weekend for a week so ill be able to help you out more when i get back :)

Hey JoshE, I have a stop over first week of July, think I am there on a Tuesday night, want to make a night of it, even it is only 1 night. I am staying on hong kong island, any tips and advice will be great!

No worries bud, Were staying in Tokwawan and plan on hitting up the clubs and pubs etc etc for some fun so yea ill let you know :)

*bump* requesting updates from Footscrazy! :)

Alrighty it looks as though I'm about to break my travelling cherry and am hitting France for a few weeks later in the year. Anyone have any suggestions for places to visit, things to see on a tight budget? I guess from Paris it'd be easy to do trips into adjacent countries by train too so the Netherlands, Belgium & Germany might be on the cards.

Not a good update unfortunately :(

I broke my ankle falling down the stairs at a Hollywood club and am off my feet for at least 2 months, so I'm back home. It's a REAL BUMMER!!

^ ah crap, sorry to hear that foots :(

(I'll bet your man is secretly a little glad to have you back so soon though).

Just got back from 7 months abroad. Mostly spent in Whistler, Canada, but travelled to Los Angeles, Miami, and the Bahamas. Sick trip!

I'm in sydney kids,
any ideas? I've done all the tourist stuff, although I went and visited that dopehead painter's garden in north sydney today... that was one lucky dude - Garden like that, dope, fame.. I got on codeine there.. it was awesome.

I like goin out,drinkin/etc, I like street art and other such weird things, anything really... I'm 24

I'm in sydney kids,
any ideas? I've done all the tourist stuff, although I went and visited that dopehead painter's garden in north sydney today... that was one lucky dude - Garden like that, dope, fame.. I got on codeine there.. it was awesome.

I like goin out,drinkin/etc, I like street art and other such weird things, anything really... I'm 24

Head a few hours (?) south to Melbourne %)

Hah, unfortunately I dont get free accomodation in melbourne (dad + stepmum live in sydney right on the north shore of the harbor - walking back home across the harbor bridge at sunrise after a night of partying is pretty spectacular and invigorating!

Anyone know any good things on in sydney this weekend? I'm into electronic music, I'm into live music, I'm into beer gardens, I'm into day partys/fests, I'm into raves/underground stuff... actually is anyone going to the masif thing this weekend?

*bump* requesting updates from Footscrazy! :)

Alrighty it looks as though I'm about to break my travelling cherry and am hitting France for a few weeks later in the year. Anyone have any suggestions for places to visit, things to see on a tight budget? I guess from Paris it'd be easy to do trips into adjacent countries by train too so the Netherlands, Belgium & Germany might be on the cards.

I strongly recommend going to Croatia, Split and one of the islands a ferry ride away, Hvar. I spent only a couple of days in the area, I definitely want to go back.
What things do you like Belarki?

Hah, unfortunately I dont get free accomodation in melbourne (dad + stepmum live in sydney right on the north shore of the harbor - walking back home across the harbor bridge at sunrise after a night of partying is pretty spectacular and invigorating!

Anyone know any good things on in sydney this weekend? I'm into electronic music, I'm into live music, I'm into beer gardens, I'm into day partys/fests, I'm into raves/underground stuff... actually is anyone going to the masif thing this weekend?

sorry, thought you were an international tourist..

I strongly recommend going to Croatia, Split and one of the islands a ferry ride away, Hvar.
The Dalmatian coast is awesome. We spent a week on Brac. Really clear water and a nice village feel (I think it gets a bit busy in mid summer though). They are not shy about getting nude on the beach either...

There is a cool little restaurant thing up on top of the mountain there vidova gora where you can see all out over the adriatic.

^ thanks for the suggestions guys, will look into it. Croatia (zagreb?) would be a pretty short flight from Paris or Berlin yeh? :)

What things do you like Belarki?

Haha what things don't I like? It'll be a pretty short trip so we're just hoping to immerse ourselves in the cultures as much as possible. While I want to see some of the major gallaries, cathedrals etc I'm also keen on avoiding typical "touristy" locations.

Off to Hong Kong in August for a one semester student exchange!! Pretty excited as never been there before. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I should see while I'm there?

Defiantly do Ocean Park. They have more rides that are suited for older people than Disneyland, plus while I was there they were in the process of finishing off this massive roller-coaster which looked like awesome fun..It should be finished by the time you make you're way over. Have a look at the aquarium and the jellyfish pool...Real amazing stuff. Also, make sure you save a whole day for Ocean Park..Get there as early as possible and don't leave until they close (10pm). They have some wicked light shows at night.

Other things to do I would recommend would be The Peak Tram and Disneyland..Again make sure you reserve full days for them though as it's pretty full on. I regret only going for a week know as I'm pretty sure I missed out on some places but there's always next time.

Hey JoshE, I have a stop over first week of July, think I am there on a Tuesday night, want to make a night of it, even it is only 1 night. I am staying on hong kong island, any tips and advice will be great!

Hey man, really can't help you out on the night-life as we didn't venture anywhere close to the clubs etc etc although we walked up and down Portland Street which is known for its famous red light district. It runs through Kowloon and has some pretty chilled pubs/restaurants and also runs into Langham Place which is absolutely crazy for shopping.

We got warned by a taxi driver though that pickpockets are abundant at night and to watch what you eat.. Stay away from the street vendor's.

Hope that helps you both..:\ Any more questions just hit me back..

I could spend a week in Paris alone, it is by far one of my favourite cities. Obviously it is expensive, up there with London in it's ability to suck money, but there are plenty of free/cheap activities to do that make the more expensive accommodation worth while. Fresh food is also cheap and easy to buy so I'd suggest avoiding restaurants if you are on a budget. The metro system is cheapish and covers the whole city. They have really cool buskers on them as well. Compared to the London tube I could sit on the metro all day.

The large Antique market at Porte de Clignancourt, officially called Les Puces de Saint-Ouen, but known to everyone as Les Puces (The Fleas), is cool. It covers seven hectares and is the largest antique market in the world, receiving between 120,000 to 180,000 visitors each weekend. It is in a dodgier part of the city (watch for pick pockets) and it is full of helpful guys willing to sell you a car stereo ;), but it is easy to spend a whole saturday trawling through some incredible stalls.

Pere-Lachaise Cemetery is a cheap way to spend a few hours. Chopin, Victor Hugo, Oscar Wilde and of course Jim Morrison's grave sites are all here. And it's free.

The Lourve is the best museum to see but there a plenty of smaller amazing galleries about that don't have large crowds. My personal favourite is the Rodin sculpture gallery (The thinker, The Kiss).

The South coast is beautiful, especially around Nice. It is easy enough to get a cheap apartment in Nice and take day trips to Monaco or Cannes by train.