• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The all-new Girlie Thread: Post your beauty secrets here!

^Aaaand in keeping with the last post, here's some more LUSH related stuff. :)

I've had people ask me if LUSH items really are hand made and I have always answered according to the info. they publically release - that is humans [not machines] create everything within their range [that is humanly possible] in their factories.

FINALLY I now have proof! Check out a slideshow of the BC LUSH factory in America here.
An Australian factory has just been opened within the last few months, and I'm hoping they will eventually allow similar kinds of tours to take place so I can witness this myself. =D

Last edited:
Why is it good that they're made by people rather than machines? Because it provides more jobs?

^I think it just ties in with their ethos of providing fresh, hand-made organic [where possible] products. Y'know the whole 'hand-made' thing ties in with being made with love, etc. etc.

Yer, i'm not a fan of the LUSH bath bombs. I tried one of them the other night and i had to have 2 showers to wash off the product as my skin was feeling so oily afterwards.

My new perfum of the season. Christian Dior Miss Dior Cherie. I recently bought Chanel No. 5 and didn't think i'd get sick of it so soon. I love Miss Cherie, Strong scent yet very delicate and feminine.

Also Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. Might have already been mentioned but this stuff if awsome. It's like foundation for your legs

Friend: "Wow Jo, nice tan on your legs, looking good"
Me: *chuckles*

I eventually told her it was fake, but it's good to know that it looked natural and not over the top with some fake tans i've seen.

*sneaks /ninja like/ into the thread*

Tans are a prehistoric left over from the 80's. They are unhealthy and cheap. Pale is the sexy.

*throws down a smoke bomb and vanishes*

What about women who are naturally tanned/have olive skin and can't help but tan within 5 minutes of sunlight hitting their skin? :(

I don't bake in the sun, but even with SPF30 on, I can't help but tan! Does that make me (and my fellow tan-easily sisters) cheap?

:eek:=D

Last edited:
Just thank yourself you are not the loneliest albino in Africa...

Albino-group-l.jpg

^Soaps, cosmetics etc, actually :p

edit - cotb's too quick.

mr d0g - love the support for team pale <3

hehe, nice to see there's men like m4dd0g who likes pale chicks

But when it comes to patchy pale and a driving tan arm, sometimes a girl needs a little help

*runs off to ask Michael Jackson about skin bleaching, as that's the only way this chica is ever going to be pale*

I've been using organic rosehip oil for the last six months and ohmygosh. I can't rave enough about its absolute 100% fantasticness.

As Leecie has already stated, it's great for all skin types. All of them! Every single last one, including my dry-cheeks, sensitive eye-area and post-midday t-zone oiliness!

I apply four drops - count them, four - every morning and night, and rub into damp skin. The result? Even toned, soft, supple skin. No excess oil. No dry patches. It's perfection in a dropper. <3

Also, a note on nail-polish. I'm in love with Maybelline New York Express Finish in racy red. It's racy all right. It's that perfect bright in-your-face red that looks like a freshly bitten cherry. Mmm. =D

Now for a question: Can anyone recommend a nice sunscreen that's suitable for all-over use? I want something that's non-greasy and won't make me look like an albino from the white streaks. :p
Extra points if I can use it on my face, it won't make me shine like the surface of the water and it smells like coconut.

ambre%20solaire%20milk%2030.jpg

This is mine. the one I got is only 15+ but it's for normal daily use when i'm in the sun for about 20 min max, so that's ok.

(this is from priceline)