• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The 2020 UK cannabis thread

I'm getting some 'shatter' today, heard good things about it. Can anyone advise how I break it apart and what's the best way to smoke it? I've got a nice Gandalf length wooden pipe. Wouldn't think you'd be rolling this stuff in a spliff. Apparently it's absolutely lethal.

you want to vaporise it as opposed to burning it cos you'll lose maybe 60% doing it that way

it's a big topic so just do some research on how to consume concentrates, there's plenty of info out there.

One ghetto method is to get a desert spoon, some kinda thin metal (or titanium or glass preferably) rod, and a drinks bottle.

Cut big end off battle. get a 30mg (yes, around a 30th of a gram) on your metal rod (a safety pin at a push), heat spoon up on gas cooker etc til glowing - wait 7 or 8 seconds to let it cool a bit, dab end of rod with product onto the hot spoon with bottle over it to catch (most of) the vapour - inhale

Then research how to do it properly -

Also be aware that UK people have very little clue about concentrates and that your product is likely to be poor quality if home made on these shores,

Cheers mate, that's food for thought. They call it dabbing in the US don't they? A YouTube sesh is in order I think. I saw a Vice video of a guy making it in the most ghetto way 😬

This is my first time coming across it, am taking a leap of faith with 1g and seeing how it compares to bud. My good friend is an engineer he'll fashion something out of household goods 😀

Got these to try out, 450mg gummy leafs, very sticky, like they're dipped in RSO oil lol yet to try as had a 1/4 of a homemade cookies and am already blasted, look and smell strong

you want to vaporise it as opposed to burning it cos you'll lose maybe 60% doing it that way

it's a big topic so just do some research on how to consume concentrates, there's plenty of info out there.

One ghetto method is to get a desert spoon, some kinda thin metal (or titanium or glass preferably) rod, and a drinks bottle.

Cut big end off battle. get a 30mg (yes, around a 30th of a gram) on your metal rod (a safety pin at a push), heat spoon up on gas cooker etc til glowing - wait 7 or 8 seconds to let it cool a bit, dab end of rod with product onto the hot spoon with bottle over it to catch (most of) the vapour - inhale

Then research how to do it properly -

Also be aware that UK people have very little clue about concentrates and that your product is likely to be poor quality if home made on these shores,
We used to call that the lock in method, you used a pint glass, a beer mat and a pin of some kind, must be 25 years since I done that.

curious about some of your edibles doses

i've made myself some chocolates this week - some with high quality hashish, some with high quality indica-dom flowers.

I had a gram of each, made each gram into 7 chocs, so approx 140mg cannabis in each choc. If we assume the thc content to be, say, 20% then each choc would be approx 28mg thc, so let's round that down to 25mg thc to allow for wastage (phnarr).

My tolerance is reasonably high and I find 1 choc (25mg thc approx) to have a strong medicinal effect with a medium high and 2 chocs (50mg thc) to give me a proper couch-lock high that lasts a good 4 or 5 hours. I had a day of recreation yesterday and had 3 chocs over the day (75mg thc) which had me high all day (13 hours plus anyway) and very high for half of it.

The hash chocs seem a fair bit more powerful than the weed ones and also different shades of effect - hash ones very sedating, weed ones lighter somehow and more giggly :)

Wondering about other's thoughts re edible doses etc

^^^ looks like a nifty little pipe, that

I'm just about to eat an ediblle made with some Jack Herer concentrate (budder) - aiming for around 50mg thc so we'll see that takes me...

Anyone tried thc oil, the stuff in a dropper that you put under your tongue? I’ve been offered some, but it’s super expensive so a bit cautious

Currently waiting on my weed guy so only smoking some shite grapefruit strain just now and it tastes shit and even for a haze it’s a shit stone
Just wondering if anyone on here thinks we might get decriminalisation some time in the near future so the government can claw back some of the tax they have lost due to covid

Currently waiting on my weed guy so only smoking some shite grapefruit strain just now and it tastes shit and even for a haze it’s a shit stone
Just wondering if anyone on here thinks we might get decriminalisation some time in the near future so the government can claw back some of the tax they have lost due to covid
if the gov had any sense they'd be onto it - let's face it the only factor that would swing it for a Tory gov would be the £££

unfortunately due to decades of gov/media disinformation the whole issue is too much of a political hot potato for decrim to happen in the near future, we can but hope...

btw it's odd but also every time I've had a grapefruit strain it's been shit...I cant stand grapefruit in general though so could be something to do with that, dunno

I personally think that if the government could figure out how to tax us on a plant 🌱 we can grow ourselves it would have been made legal years ago
Sad thought but I think it’s true

I personally think that if the government could figure out how to tax us on a plant 🌱 we can grow ourselves it would have been made legal years ago
Sad thought but I think it’s true
well they seem to have managed quite well to tax it elsewhere

it's a stupid political / moral issue in the uk I'm afraid

Not a cat in hells chance. Have you seen the retarded fuckwits that pass for 'government' these days?@

I work like this on the edible front.

Get some proper weed from a proper weed/hash shop.
Look up the strain and the thc content lets say several interweb sources put X strain down as 20% thc content. There are websites which publish the actual tested thc content...
You buy , as an example, 1gram of said weed/ hash.
So in theory you've bought 200mg of thc .

Divide that by four = 50mg of thc . So divide that gram decarbolized in four add it to an 'edible' my prefered way and the quickest way of doing that is to add it the 1/4 gram of decarbolized weed (do not go above 110°C for about two hours) to microwave heated up but not boiling milk and hey presto after waiting for half an hour at least to 'release the thc' and then reheating again you've got 50mg of thc 'edible'. Strain and drink. Cooking is far too labour intensive.

Might sound amateuristic but it has already been proven that what was it 9 out of 10 edibles the thc content was wrong and exaggerated.

Hate to brag but I'm sure I could do150mg of edible thc these days and three hours laters I'd still be talking coblers.
I love edibles, total different experience. But on a break now, less health problems and they didn't do too much anymore for me. Done em nearly daily for 6 years.

I stick to 1/4 1/3 of a gram of decarbed weed or hash at what ever content that works out at but the thing with edibles is to switch strain every 2-3 days as they will have a different effect if you take them daily.
Never mix two strains or take a second dose after the first one has already taken effect unless you want to explore and get to know on a personal level the inside of the bog.
I once took one strain then after an hour I took a second strain, never been so sick in my life and the spinning didn't stop.

Last edited:
Reading the last comment about THC oil made me realize that there might be a lot of people who believe that THC oil is the same as CBD oil. Therefore I think it is important to point out some of the differences. Both THC and CBD oil interact with your body’s endocannabinoid system, but they have very different effects. CBD oil is shown to help with anxiety, depression, and seizures, while THC oil produces a high or sense of euphoria. I found out that THC causes temporary side effects, such as increased heart rate, coordination problems, dry mouth, and red eyes, while CBD can cause appetite changes, fatigue, and weight loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
currently have :
Cookie dawg
Stardawg
Passion fruit
Vanilla haze

loads of top weed on the south coast uk :)