• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2016/2017 NFL thread v.... Brady's Revenge

The defending world champions and five time consecutive divisonal champs.

Remember how the pats lose to the dolphins? Thays what we do with the chargers.

And Dennison sucks

Nice win dew.

The defending world champions and five time consecutive divisonal champs.
?????????

Fuck yeah.

Siemian didn't look too bad, 30-50 230 yds and 1 td. Just couldn't get it going early enough.

A healthy chargers team could make some noise in the division, especially if the Broncos offense continues to be lackluster. They just need to be able to finish games. I think in all their losses they were leading at the 2 minute warning?

I don't see the Raiders being a threat, they've only beat one team that has more than 2 wins so far this season. Their only real test was Atlanta (except maybe baltimore) and they lost that game. Their 4 wins are by a total of 12 measly points. I just don't see it. Next year might be a different story though.....

The rest of the Broncos schedule doesn't look too bad; only New England, Houston, and Oakland have winning records at the moment. If the offense can pick it up a bit, winning the division shouldn't be a problem...although the remaining division games are now super important.

And wow those tnf uniforms suck imo.

^ the tnf uniforms are awesome :)

'there are no pictures on a scorecard' but that atlanta/oakland game was closer than the scorecard suggest.

alasdair

Chargers unis were beautiful... Good win... 4th quarter conservative play calling like usual for us... Some stupid mistakes kept the Broncos to close... But I'll take it... God if we had our team healthy... Watch out next year.

Onto Atlanta... I think we can muster out a win if we don't make any stupid turnovers

Simian has been a pleasant surprise, I just wish ya damn Donkeys were self aware enough to realize that if he hadn't turned out to be such a pleasant surprise, that you would be lucky to be past 8-8

all ifs and butts tho ;)

and winning the division 5 years in a row is great and all, but it ain't like that division was anything spectacular until recent memory (the Chefs stepped up, Oakland finally got decent like half-way thru last year). sure, you had to deal with "Phurious" Philip Rivers - but damn - the Chargers always seem to just Cleveland Browns games away (Steelers played em well enough many times in the Playoffs for me to say this)

whereas in my Division dudes be breakin' your FF starters legs n shit, everyday :(

I hate the cowgirls with passion. I hope we skull fuck you bitches bad.

GB wins pretty big I think

God I hate the cowgirls.. The cowbitches quarterback looks amazing.. Fuck.. Come on boys pull this out!!

FEELS BAD MAN

Mike Sando
ESPN Senior Writer

It's often PI when the receiver cannot raise both arms to catch it.

Kevin Seifert
NFL Nation

The good news is that Richard Sherman was looking for the ball on that fourth-down pass. The bad news: Sherman was without question pulling Julio Jones' right arm long before the ball got there. No one could have argued if pass interference had been called.

035ostrich_468x538.jpg

packers looked pretty ordinary today. sucks to see the raiders lose but they just did not show up.

pats looked sharp in their first home game with brady back. made the bengals pay for their mistakes.

new orleans game looked crazy - glad to have cooks and fleener on my fantasy team

amazing finish by nyg to beat baltimore.

steelers get manhandled by the dolphins. big upset there.

alasdair

Packers did certainly look average.. But the Dallas qb looked anything but. I'm thinking he is the real deal.

I was tardy on my picks and happily went with yours Ali.. But would have went the other way on the Mia and nyg games.

Mia is a great team.. They just need to learn this and how to be winners.

I love this season as in all matches there is no guaranteed outcome.. Other than maybe the pats.

Aaron you need to step up or maybe we should start thinking of bringing romo back to Wisconsin.. Really you have to quit blowing it in the RZ..

The Eagles game sent me into an uncontrollable rage. The Cowboys winning afterward sent me too sleep.

packers looked pretty ordinary today. sucks to see the raiders lose but they just did not show up.

pats looked sharp in their first home game with brady back. made the bengals pay for their mistakes.

new orleans game looked crazy - glad to have cooks and fleener on my fantasy team

amazing finish by nyg to beat baltimore.

steelers get manhandled by the dolphins. big upset there.

alasdair
Pats 2nd half looked sharp.....first half the bengals defense was giving the pats problems. Brady to gronk looks almost unstoppable. It's like passing the ball to a giant tree down field. He looked a bit sore or something tho, hopefully he can stay healthy the whole season.

Big Ben injured - maybe out for season :( and we were looking so good, too!

the Football Gods giveth and the Football Gods taketh away

let's see what Laundry Jones can do (LOL) !!

Pats 2nd half looked sharp.....first half the bengals defense was giving the pats problems. Brady to gronk looks almost unstoppable. It's like passing the ball to a giant tree down field. He looked a bit sore or something tho, hopefully he can stay healthy the whole season.
sure, but if not bennett looks like he'll do fine :)

alasdair

They're talking more like a couple weeks I thought

sure, but if not bennett looks like he'll do fine :)

alasdair

Yea, Pats always seem to get the most out of that position. Even with gronk down.

Man, just watching vontaze though makes me want to break things. I wish gronk or bennet would've just snapped him in half or stomped his head into the ground.

On another note. Looks like our little bet is starting to gain some meaning ali.

^ yeah, for sure. beating the pats and az was big. beating sf at home, not so much.

next 5 weeks we have:

@ pittsburgh
@ buffalo
seattle
@ san francisco
@ new york jets

you have:

@ miami
new england
@ seattle
@ cincinnatti
jacksonville

miami is no picnic on the road and then you have to play seattle and cincinnati on the road. the new england vs. buffalo game in buffalo is pretty big.

alasdair

2nd string quarterbacks can do surprisingly well.

Terry Bradshaw was a backup QB in 1974 when he led the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory.

Tom Brady was a backup QB when he first started.

Last edited:
I would agree, if the knuckleheads in the Pittsburgh front office would fucking draft a solid back-up QB (Lord, I miss the days of Byron Leftwich!). Big Ben is good to miss at least 1 game a year - c'mon man

my joke on the last post is that our perennial back-up QB is pretty damn bad. of course, they are not helping him out with the play calls - but he is bad. bad. bad

at least it's not looking like a season-ending injury like I thought above

Man, just watching vontaze though makes me want to break things. I wish gronk or bennet would've just snapped him in half or stomped his head into the ground.

yes, now imagine your feelings for him after he pretty much single-highhandedly kept your team out of the Super Bowl due to his bull shit

that Bengals VS Steelers Wild Card should still not be forgotten as a travesty of modern sport (my team just as to blame, I admit)