• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2016/2017 NFL thread v.... Brady's Revenge

man fuck the bills... get a gift on an ineligible player downfield to call back a 60 yard play. Then give up a fucking 61 yard TD on the NEXT FUCKING PLAY? TO CHRIS FUCKING HOGAN?

Fuck the Cowboys so fucking much. arrrrggghhh

Falcons defense is so bad
but their offense is just so good
mixed feels man

yo

give 'me' back rodney mcleod, yo

He aight yo

Alright so here's my honest opinion of the Eagles right now

They're a slightly above average team but stand no chance against the elite of the NFL.

Wentz is having a good rookie year and has a great arm but is far less athletic than I thought he would be coming out of college. He seemed mobile enough playing against Division 1-AA opponents but in the NFL he is far more exposed. He is smarter than your average rookie at the line of scrimmage and again, has a powerful and accurate arm, but he has a knack for not avoiding pressure in the pocket long enough to make broken plays into positive plays.

Their RBs are all good in their own ways but here's what I personally think

Ryan Mathews: good speed, very physical, but seems to fumble the ball at the worst possible time too often to be relied upon. I'd use him for short yardage situations and he kind of gets that job by default

Darren Sproles: easily the most dynamic player on the offense when used properly. Quick as shit, can run and catch, willing blocker, and great return man. But they keep running him up the middle in fairly obvious running situations and he just gets bogged down by a mass of bodies.

Wendell Smallwood: has flashes of brilliance, then makes a bad play (fumble let Dallas back in the game last night). I'm not giving up on him because he's got potential but leading to the last guy...

Kenjon Barner: why the fuck is this guy not getting the ball more? He's faster than mathews, just as physical, and most importantly, flat out gets fucking yards. Ryan Mathews will run 10 yards picking up steam to gain 5. Barner runs 6 to gain 6. If that makes any sense. He gets north and south, QUICK. But he doesn't get enough touches to ever have a chance to break out long runs that I know he's capable of. He's a good receiver out of the backfield and also a good return man. Good ball security. Play this man more often FUCK

Their receivers are all pedestrian at best. Jordan Matthews is a good all around receiver but doesn't do anything particularly well except drop passes.

Josh huff is MIA most of the game

Dorial Green Beckham is one of the worst route runners I've ever seen and doesn't have speed to make up for that. He's tall, has average hands, and can use his body to make plays every once in a while but not nearly enough. Basically Riley Cooper but with two last names

Zach Ertz is always "about to burst onto the scene" but isn't consistent enough to rely on for anything.

Idk if this is more to blame on coaching or just who these guys are as players but it's just some shit I've noticed

This is by no means a super bowl team, and probably no playoff team either. We're a few additions away from that.

But there is some hope in that a lot of the most impactful players on the team are pretty young.

I'll talk about the defense tomorrow I just wanted to vent about this offense right now

So I've been harassing GM's business' facebook page. Even got some response from whoever is in charge of it. Claims they know mike and will tell him to make an appearance in the S&G NFL thread.

man fuck the bills... get a gift on an ineligible player downfield to call back a 60 yard play. Then give up a fucking 61 yard TD on the NEXT FUCKING PLAY? TO CHRIS FUCKING HOGAN?

dildo on the field !!

I really dislike a few things about the NFL right now

Penalties: omg, every play I wait for no flags before celebrating. Makes me sick, but it's reality. I'm not saying go back to the 70s/80s way of letting people rip each other's heads off but god damn, this ain't working either. Maybe it's the severity of the penalty yards that kills me. Pass interference is ruining the game. IMO

Commercials: kickoff. Bud light. Injury. Fantasy. Touchdown under review. Bud light while you fantasy. Timeout. Eat Doritos with your bud light while you fantasy. 2 minute warning. Now get your TEAMS LOGO on your bud light can. Quarters over. Switch to Sprint because Jamie foxx is so fucking cool. Why, just why. The sad part is it works. If you watch the super bowl just for the commercials, I hope you die a slow and awful death because this is all YOUR FAULT in a roundabout and unnecessary fashion. It's a business I get it, but just trust I'm gonna buy your shit whether you stuff it down my throat or not. Fuck

Analysts: I hate them because I really wish I could have a job where all I have to do is make a point that doesn't even have to be right, just plausible enough to make sense and wear a suit on tv and try not to get a boner when Charissa Thompson reads from the fucking TelePrompTer before she goes over to the ET set

Lotta venom in this post, but they still got me by the balls. And it hurts sometimes.

Axl - Miami won that national championship against OSU. See my first hyphen

And you know that

Penalties: omg, every play I wait for no flags before celebrating. Makes me sick, but it's reality. I'm not saying go back to the 70s/80s way of letting people rip each other's heads off but god damn, this ain't working either. Maybe it's the severity of the penalty yards that kills me. Pass interference is ruining the game. IMO
it's only causing issues because some receivers seem more interested in drawing the penalty than catching the ball - they're looking back for the flag the moment their half-hearted attempt to catch is over...

Commercials: kickoff. Bud light. Injury. Fantasy. Touchdown under review. Bud light while you fantasy. Timeout. Eat Doritos with your bud light while you fantasy. 2 minute warning. Now get your TEAMS LOGO on your bud light can. Quarters over. Switch to Sprint because Jamie foxx is so fucking cool. Why, just why. The sad part is it works. If you watch the super bowl just for the commercials, I hope you die a slow and awful death because this is all YOUR FAULT in a roundabout and unnecessary fashion. It's a business I get it, but just trust I'm gonna buy your shit whether you stuff it down my throat or not. Fuck
mute your tv and go get more snacks... sure, ads blow, but you make it sound ilke you have no control.

alasdair

You take that logical and sensible thinking elsewhere Alasdair

Really though, if they just got rid of automatic first down penalties I think that would be a fair compromise.

And yeah, I could get up during a commercial. But I'm not trying to do anything when I sit down to watch a game. I could theoretically change the channel, but what if I miss 15 seconds of the game?

You guys just don't understand the struggles I face every single week

If Brandon graham doesn't get at least 2 sacks against this bum ass Giants offense I'm feeling a remote through the window type of mood

Seriously though

Eagles - 27
Giants - 10

ALL DAY

i bet on the eagles this week. 5 game parlay:

jags +9.5
eagles +2.5
steelers +2.5
saints -3.5
titans +5.5

alasdair

If Brandon graham doesn't get at least 2 sacks against this bum ass Giants offense I'm feeling a remote through the window type of mood

Seriously though

Eagles - 27
Giants - 10

ALL DAY

Almost the complete opposite at half-time