• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2016/2017 NFL thread v.... Brady's Revenge

cant wait for falcons @ broncos this week! i was fully expecting this year to be a hard one to watch but man has it been exciting so far. Falcons offense playing the best game in their history last game most likely and now going up against the best defense of all time imo.

if falcons offense plays good i'll be going wild lol. most likely the defense is gonna have to force some turnovers on paxton (is he playing?) if they want a shot to win though.

We could be 4-0 but we're not

Next weekend will show if we can play in the west at Oakland

man watching charger games reminds me of watching gopher football '02-'05

they won pretty much every game, yet they found ways to blow it

sry bro, injuries, and spanos and uncertainty about future of organization, joey bosa, tough division, shitty stadium and all that
hang in there

cant wait for falcons @ broncos this week! i was fully expecting this year to be a hard one to watch but man has it been exciting so far. Falcons offense playing the best game in their history last game most likely and now going up against the best defense of all time imo.

if falcons offense plays good i'll be going wild lol. most likely the defense is gonna have to force some turnovers on paxton (is he playing?) if they want a shot to win though.

do you remember the old nfc west?
sf, stl, car, no, atl

it was weird

i knew about it but first started watching the falcons in 2002, which was the year falcons left.

i'll never forget falcons vs steelers in 2002 that ended in a 34-34 tie. what made it so crazy was on the final play in OT the steelers threw a deep pass and completed it but they were stopped on the 1 yard line

and my elementary school teacher that year was a steelers fan lol

i'll never forget falcons vs steelers in 2002 that ended in a 34-34 tie. what made it so crazy was on the final play in OT the steelers threw a deep pass and completed it but they were stopped on the 1 yard line

and my elementary school teacher that year was a steelers fan lol

i remember that game i was at my friend's house(which was an old funeral home)

we'd just got done playing back yard football

after i rode my bike like 6 miles to get there, i left it there and never returned to pick it up

i'd love to have that GT back :(

i don't really remember the rams/niners tie back in '11 because i didn't start watching the game until 4th qtr, fisher suspended rookies janoris jenkins(stud) and chris givens(dud) for unknown reasons, amendola had a huge game

a few weeks later ram's won at san fran and i thought they were on to something in the near future :(

:(

man, backyard football was my entire life growing up. we would have massive games going on everyday after school and I was always #1 taken because nobody could tackle me. only thing i wasnt good at was throwing the ball but there was that rare game id play quarterback so I could be like Michael Vick. :(

falcons got so lucky they didnt go into years of sucking after the whole vick thing. drafting matt ryan, signing michael turner, and mike smith as head coach couldnt have gone more perfect. so many 1st round QB busts, terrible coaches, and turner wasn't proven at all

eh, the chargers have had some tough luck. being a divisional rival and all, i dont root for them, but they are better than expected with the injuries etc they have had. better than the chefs at least, they hit their peak with reid and smith i think. i wouldn't be surprised to see them pull out a W this weekend in a divisional game. should be a close game but SD seems to find a way to lose.

and mal3, quit making excuses bruh, the broncos broke cam. ask NSA how well rogers has been playing since week 8 of last season. fact check those stats. poor jameis was so young and had so much promise...now also broken. ryan and the dirty birds up next. really we should be coasting until the pats come to town and get whooped for the third time in a row at mile high. great time to be a broncos fan. ahhhhh.

You were 1 kick away from losing your home opener. Carolina might not win it all this year but neither will Denver.

I'm thinking about picking ATL this week too, asshole. Lol. Think I should?

Last edited:
Picking against the broncos esp at home has proven to be a mistake over the past few years.

Was working on the opener but saw some of it. You almost had us dude...almost.

We gonna win again this year. Got a chance at least I think.

i

when's the last time a team with a super star WR, a top 3 passing offense and worse than a top 10 defense won a superbowl?

it just doesn't happen bruddy o pal, gotta be able to run the ball, not turn the ball over and play some XxL phase punchez defense

i think vikings, rams, and buffalo have a better chance at shocking the world than atlanta

even ram's inept offense that is dead last in almost every offensive stat scored 13 more points vs TB(and actually beat them...for 5th straight year but who's counting? not the guy who has an older bro that's a buc's fan :)) than the falcons, and atlanta's other wins came vs teams that can't stop a woman from painting her nails

if falcs go over .500 vs denver, LA, sea, AZ and KC than you should feel happy and optimistic

when did i say falcons were gonna win superbowl? also falcons > rams and bills (easily). and vikings winning the superbowl wouldnt shock the world. theyre seen as one of the top teams in the league atm.

panthers and @ raiders are great wins imo. and bucs was a division game plus falcons did so many penalties they really didnt give themselves a chance.

it's like why nobody thinks rams are better than seahawks despite rams beating them a lot.

when did i say falcons were gonna win superbowl? also falcons > rams and bills (easily). and vikings winning the superbowl wouldnt shock the world. theyre seen as one of the top teams in the league atm.

panthers and @ raiders are great wins imo. and bucs was a division game plus falcons did so many penalties they really didnt give themselves a chance.

it's like why nobody thinks rams are better than seahawks despite rams beating them a lot.

just because i said falcons won't win superbowl doesn't mean i heard you say they were going to

i was simply starting a narrative

vikings would shock the world considering by week 2 they lost their starting qb(who imo isn't really that good) and future HoF RB

like always being youngest team in NFL, they're also always top 3 in penalties so i don't want to hear about a few flags ruining things
every time tavon has a chance to return a punt it results in a holding 9/10 times, they hit the qb late about twice a week, always on 3rd down, robert quinn is held almost every play yet opposing LT might get called for it once

panthers and raiders are having shitty years defensiely,but to support your cause, maybe it's because they both had to play atl?
but ATL does not have play makers on defense and i wouldn't trust them with two minutes left down by 4 with 80 yards to go
all 3 of rams wins were thanks to their def not allowing their opponents to march down field to score game winning TDs under 2 mins, all 3 teams are pretty strong on offense too(sea, TB and AZ) and all 3 teams go within rams terrotory. rams defense excels in the redzone, to the point that don't mind teams getting there in crunch time, defense is just too strong on DL, mean at LB and physical in the secondary....in their tampa win they actually only rushed 3 as 300+lb DT michael brokers dropped back in overage...greg williams knows more tricks than any NFC south DC, or even HC

in short(it's just a photo not a rant, you can expect me taking this stance when falcons arrive in LA later this season and perhaps post season:
NSFW:
a7028a3d2b192d24bf08ea71c92847c0.jpg

falcons at least have something that's been dominant thus far. rams are gonna need gurley to get going if they wanna make playoffs.

also rams scored more points than falcons vs bucs, but rams defense also allowed more points than falcons shitty defense. how good is their defense actually?

but like i mentioned last night, anything falcons do well this year is just extra because i wasnt expecting anything this year and am still not 100% sold on them considering it's just been 4 weeks.

to be a good defense is based on what they do in critical situations, non-stat sheet type shit - ie qb pressures, hits, wrapping up guys on first contact, depth. making clutch substitutions, IDing plays before they happen, DCs effectively switching up schemes, blowing up plays before they can develop, and just being an overall hindrance to what the other team's offensive

as well as stat sheet stuff that isn't often talked about (tackles for loss, 3 and outs, red zone TD%, forcing take aways vs take aways handed to them, keeping teams out of endzone when trailing

sure rams gave up 28 to niners but do you now how many 3 and outs rams offense had?

based on modern day garbage rules, almost every team is capable of dropping 30+ points vs 90% of the league any given sunday

anyone who things rams being 3-1 is a fluke just doesn't understand the NFL and cycles
ram's have been rebuilding for years and are making the right moves regarding who to re-sign, let go, not jump on over rated free agents, etc
if the coaching is there, good players get better every year. why should the rams be worse than they were 3 years ago? a lot of those guys are still on the roster

look around at lot of teams playing well, they are not really teams putting up huge offensive numbers, there's all this shit about football that us fans will never understand, only able to observe and assess through our dumb faces

i forgot rams gave up 28 to niners, but yeah i agree that game the offense basically gave up 28 points. but the bucs game, like you said the rams offense played great. no elite or great defense would allow bucs to get 30+ points imo.

seems like you're just trying to rain on falcons 1/4th of the season parade so i just had to get out the umbrella.

i forgot rams gave up 28 to niners, but yeah i agree that game the offense basically gave up 28 points. but the bucs game, like you said the rams offense played great. no elite or great defense would allow bucs to get 30+ points imo.

seems like you're just trying to rain on falcons 1/4th of the season parade so i just had to get out the umbrella.
not rooting agnast falcons at all
i;m just the guy at the bar until last call, drinking water, and hyper-analyzing sports

usually with some guy in a miserable marriage :D

We gonna win again this year. Got a chance at least I think.

yeah, right, Donkeyboy! my Steelers just about beat you last year, twice, if only we didn't have 2/3 of our Triple Bs in tact (Bell & Bryant), no playing ;)

really though my Steelers look amazing this year. seeing Bell back @ RB from Goodell suspending him all season for hanging out w/ Snoop Dogg was REFRESHING. the Chiefs have a pretty nice damn defense too, and like the Broncos & Vikings, are a bit one-dimensional in that they have a sweet D and a mediocre O

the NFL is still a Quartback's League and Big Ben has been playing like the Hall of Famer that he is. I am hoping for 2 more SBs before Ben retires, I will be upset if he only wins 1 more Lombardi IMO

// STAIRWAY 2 SEVEN, BABY !! //