• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

from before the thread was split:
Bold Predictions:

The Patriots will finish 3rd in the AFCE
Tyrod Taylor beats out EJ Manuel and Matt Cassell for the starting QB job in Buffalo and leads them to the playoffs.
The Vikings won't suck this year.

Very bold prediction:

The Steelers will struggle to end the season over .500 even though Vegas currently has them with the 8th best odds to win the Superbowl(sorry axl!)
bold predictions:

bengals win the afc
bills make it to the afc championship game
chargers finish 4th in their division
raiders finish with a better record than the 49ers
alasdair

You're right ^. They'll have a good chance at getting third. Oakland owns being last and they will fight to keep their rather loyal fan base down.

i predicted third place last year and was correct. you said it wouldn't happen and were incorrect.

i know the raiders can fuck it up almost anytime but i think carr looks good and he has some weapons. murray looks good too.

alasdair

Vikings are going to be scary this year

They'll be right there with green bay

Might be a bold statement.. But does anyone else see a little steve McNair in teddy Bridgewater? Teddy quickly becoming one of my favorite players

Peterson 1800+ rushing yds

Last edited:
I think the Steelers could be a pretty good team this year actually. They've drafted linebackers steadily over the past 3-4 years and kind of had every other position fall into their lap. They just got Brandon Boykin from the Eagles for a 5th round pick, thats good value

Kind of a different Steelers team than of old though in that the offense a is markedly better than the defense

Idk if they'll win the division, but id be surprised if aren't at least in the wild card hunt.

I already said the Bucs would win the nd south but this next prediction scares me a bit:

The Oakland Raiders finish above .500

And I just dont see it with the Bills this year. You could argue they have the worst QB situation in the league

That will never mean a playoff run. Ever. Say what you want about Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson, but at least they wouldnt lose games for you

EJ Manuel literally will lose games for you

lots of people are optimistic on the vikings - i'll be watching them with interest. there's a lot of optimism around the raiders too. i really hope they step up.

nfc south is famously bad. hard to see carolina not winning (with a losing record :) )but saints can always compete, falcons look better than last year and anything could happen with the bucs (although i fear they finish in last place).

alasdair

And I just dont see it with the Bills this year. You could argue they have the worst QB situation in the league

That will never mean a playoff run. Ever. Say what you want about Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson, but at least they wouldnt lose games for you

EJ Manuel literally will lose games for you

We'll see fuckboy.

reports on manuel and cassel from bills camp aren't great, gm. what do you hear?

alasdair

reports on manuel and cassel from bills camp aren't great, gm. what do you hear?

alasdair

Nothing I didn't expect. All 3 QBs have shown some good things, some bad. Nobody really has shown any consistency.

But I never really expected them too. This roster and the scheme they'll be employing are both built to minimize the importance of the QB position. Whoever wins the starting job will only be asked to throw the ball 20-25 times a game.

who do you predict will start at qb on opening day? looks like cassel...

i heard your man sammy watkins is killing it :)

alasdair

Latest reports have Cassel slightly ahead. Decent amount of fans calling for Tyrod / signing Vick ....

Sammy and Shady both looking pretty good. They have Percy Harvin getting some reps in at CB

I need more time on Teddy. haven't quite made up my mind. only has one year. he's got some offensive weapons in his favor tho which always makes things heaps easier

and LOL:

CLw5hEGVEAAVA6i.jpg

fuck you Ratbirds

I'm driving out to Rochester tonight for training camp. Got lucky and grabbed tickets(they're free) before they announced that instead of normal practice they were doing a white vs. blue scrimmage tonight. Bills fans are actually trying to buy these free tickets off of people now that its sold out lol.

I should get a good first-hand look at all of the QBs in game-like situations tonight so I'll let you all know if the situation is as dire as the media is making it out to be. I know that both Tyrod and EJ have strung together some pretty good practices over the past couple days but tonight will be the real test.

Man that place was packed. there must have been 8,000 there. Not only were there no open seats, but the fences were all 4-5 people deep so you have to try and watch over everyone's head.

I watched the whole scrimmage. EJ made some really nice throws, but a couple bad ones too. The good ones were definitely NFL-quality plays though. He was also the only QB with a TD. Tyrod made some nice completions and scrambles but had some weak plays too. I can't help but think if they were allowed to hit the QB he would have gotten crushed on a couple of those scrambles.

Percy Harvin made an outstanding fingertip diving catch. Karlos Williams, the RB we drafted this year, is a mean mean man. The dude is huge and he ripped off some pretty good runs. He's a lock for a few bone-crunching plays this season imo. He'll definitely stream roll a couple defenders here and there. Ronald Darby, the CB we drafted in the 2nd round this year looks amazing. It's ridiculous how fast he is, and when he was assigned to cover Sammy Watkins he was able to stay with him the entire play. Not many CBs can do that.

TE Nick O'leary, another rookie, had a couple nice grabs. Chris Hogan really shined though. It's funny because most non-Bills fans don't even know who he is. He's in his 3rd(?) year I think but he just keeps getting better. He didn't play football in college, he played lacrosse, so he started in the NFL lacking some of the football IQ that most rookies have. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if becomes a more well-known name around the NFL after this season.

All-in-all, it was pretty cool. Would have been a lot better if they had handed out less tickets. Food was good and I ran into Kim Pegula a couple times. She was just walking around, hitting up the food trucks, and talking to fans. If it wasn't an hour and a half drive I'd probably go more often.