• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

Every week. Its insulting.
i don't see anybody on bluelight doing that anywhere. at all.
NFL and NCAAM overlap nov-feb, and im usually too focused on the latter to commit to the pick em thing.
yeah, 'cos it takes a whole 30 seconds to make some picks.

i'll take your implied ability as a 'picker savant' with a grain of salt :)

go pats!

alasdair

Well, the law of averages would hopefully indicate that a contrarian bet would eventually pay off. Do we see Carolina going undefeated the whole season? (or New England for that matter (hi, ali!) can the Broncos do it Sunday?) I was having an animated discussion about this with a friend regarding the Golden State Warriors although obviously an undefeated season in football is a different animal than football (i.e. never happened but the Bulls won 72 that one year) ... talking about putting a smallish contrarian bet on the money line whenever the Warriors play a good team, I don't even bet basketball but strictly on technical/statistical/structuring grounds this strategy would have a goods chance to eventually at least break even quite possibly being modestly profitable. Football is a different matter entirely though.

I think if you look at Carolinas remaining schedule you'd be crazy to assume they couldn't go undefeated. The only remaining significant threat is @NYG. I just can't imagine looking at the (then) 3-7 cowboys and thinking they had a prayer of winning.

Agree with that, pretty much. Yeah Cowboys didn't have a shot but I didn't see them getting BTFO to the degree that they did. I might put a contrarian money line bet on NYG though for that game, not too big, but just on a hope and a prayer you know if the line is good enough.

i don't see anybody on bluelight doing that anywhere. at all.
yeah, 'cos it takes a whole 30 seconds to make some picks.

i'll take your implied ability as a 'picker savant' with a grain of salt :)

go pats!

alasdair

I find this entire post a little disingenuous. You know it takes more of a time investment than 30 seconds per week, unless you are picking randomly...but whats the point of that? Also, I didn't even come close to implying I'm a savant. I actually did the exact opposite by admitting I only follow three teams week to week and thus have very little knowledge compared to most.

well, like i say, it's easy to laugh at people for their picks after the games have finished...

alasdair

Fuck the panthers! Cam newton is a giant pussy!

Fuck brady, fuck gisele, and fuck those cheating ass patriots!!!

duel-guns.gif

Lol Tony is almost as big of a pussy as cam but I picked your team dood. I hate the cowboys.

Your team still sucks bro and your qb looks like a woman. Undefeated or not your still gonna lose in the second round.

Moving on to teams that are going to stay relevant...

Any avatar bet takers for the 830 matchup?

Sammy Watkins torching the Chief's vaunted defense today. All I kept hearing leading up to this game was that the Chiefs defense has been the best in the league over the past 4 weeks and blahblahblah. Sammy has like 160 yards and 2 TDs in the first half. I've never heard Arrowhead stadium so quiet.

Nice first down on that critical 3rd down run by Alex Smith. Refs totally nailed that spot.

FzFi9fT.jpg