• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

Detroit/Arizona

Today is the day we finally get to see if Detroit is actually capable of winning a playoffgame... Going up against the best team in football in AZ

Should be great defensive battle..

Detroit wins 17 - 13

^ GM I Thought you might like some Cheese..

NSFW:
cheese.jpg

You know to go with all that whine :D

Two really big games in a row for the Pack.. Eagles and the Patriots.

Go Pack Go!

Hey man can you blame me? Can you even imagine what it would be like if the Packers missed the playoffs 15 years in a row? The Bills' playoff drought has hit puberty.

Hey man can you blame me? Can you even imagine what it would be like if the Packers missed the playoffs 15 years in a row? The Bills' playoff drought has hit puberty.

1968–91
For about a quarter century after Lombardi's departure, the Packers had relatively little on-field success. In the 24 seasons from 1968 to 1991, the Packers had only five seasons with a winning record (above .500), one being the shortened 1982 strike season. They appeared in the playoffs twice during that period, with a record of 1–2. The period saw five different head coaches – Phil Bengtson, Dan Devine, Bart Starr, Forrest Gregg, and Lindy Infante – two of which were former Packer players in Lombardi's era (Starr and Gregg), and one of which was a former coach (Bengtson). Each of these men led the Packers to a poorer record than his predecessor. Poor personnel decisions typified this time period. A notorious example includes the 1974 trade in which Dan Devine acting as GM sent five 1975 and 1976 draft picks (two first-rounders, two second-rounders and a third) to the Los Angeles Rams for aging quarterback John Hadl, who would spend only 1½ seasons in Green Bay.[13] Another came in 1989, when players such as Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, and Derrick Thomas were available, but the Packers chose offensive lineman Tony Mandarich with the second overall pick in the NFL draft. Though rated highly by nearly every professional scout at the time, Mandarich's performance failed to meet expectations. ESPN has rated Mandarich as the third "biggest sports flop" in the last 25 years.[14]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Bay_Packers

I almost every fan thinks the calls go against their team. I think in some cases this is very true though. The packers have insane bad shit called against them all the time. These calls often seriously affect the game. They need to have two more refs per game that just review the play can calls from every play. They have untill the ball is snapped to review and fix any blown calls. We all can almost always see the right calls by just watching the TV replay. They fuck up so often that I really don't let it bother me anymore.. I used to get furious.. but its one of those letting things that are totally out of our control, control us.. I realized thats insane.

You've been watching the Packers since '68?

Because if not that's not the same. I've lived through all the heartbreak.

No I started half ass in the mid 1980's.. and really wasn't a die hard until they started winning.

what's the difference between a good team that can't find a way to win and a bad team?

alasdair

One is the result of bad play calling, but I agree this is more or less the way for a color man announcing the game to say that they suck without coming across aas a dick.

Lol it wasn't that long ago the Lions went 0-16 in a season

let me know how that feels

Obviously have never been a fan of a team with a ton of talent and a bad coach or coordinator imo

Yeah it's not fun. Our OC is terrible. Most Bills fans expect the OC and the coach to get canned by Pegula at the end of the year. Even with an average QB the Bills have a good enough roster to at least make the playoffs, so that was pretty much the bar that was set at the beginning of the season. Playoffs or bust.

Yeah it's not fun. Our OC is terrible. Most Bills fans expect the OC and the coach to get canned by Pegula at the end of the year. Even with an average QB the Bills have a good enough roster to at least make the playoffs, so that was pretty much the bar that was set at the beginning of the season. Playoffs or bust.

Yeah I was/am a titans fan but gave up during Jeff Fishers last couple years. Bills is another team it is hard to be a fan of and they definitely get more talent than TN. If Jake Locker could of stayed healthy idk we suck

an nfl team is everybody. you're only as strong as your weakest link. if you're an amazing team who keep losing because you have a shitty oc, then you're a bad team.

alasdair

Not everything is that black and white in the world of football. You probably moved here and just picked the best team in the NFL at the time it is much more difficult when you have regional allegiances and you see a good football team squandered by an inept staff.

Alasdair's statement is still true. And it is that black and white. Regardless of the reasons (talented players and shitty coaches or vice versa), you still wind up with a bad team.

You probably moved here and just picked the best team in the NFL at the time...
you demonstrate for about, oh i don't know the tenth time, that you think you know all about me and you don't. at all.

how about you put aside your hard on for trolling me and focus on the issue for a change?

alasdair

you demonstrate for about, oh i don't know the tenth time, that you think you know all about me and you don't. at all.

how about you put aside your hard on for trolling me and focus on the issue for a change?

alasdair

lol you got me you know it's b/c I am a fan. I hear what you are saying I think I may be conditioned from following bad to mediocre sports teams.

The packers are far better than the lions though. Rodgers is probably the best QB in the league right now. 108 points in two cames. Crazy.

lions vs. packers in the last game of the regular season

i bet it comes right down to the wire

dwe, your chargers are back! an epic 7-point destruction of the powerhouse 0-9 raiders (but division rivals always play tough as long as it's the chargers division). putting up a massive 13 points against that 5th-worst in football oakland defense!

they're now 3rd in their division and have @baltimore, new england, denver, @san francisco and kansas city to look forward to.

alasdair