• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

how about the nfc south? atlanta is top with a 4-6 record...

alasdair

lions vs. packers in the last game of the regular season

i bet it comes right down to the wire

could be and I had tickets to that game and sold them before the season started. :(

I was driving around town and found a bunch of big dead birds.. what do you think extra crispy or original recipe.

eagle-take-permits-dead-eagle.jpg

image-fried-chicken.jpg

:):D=D<3

an nfl team is everybody. you're only as strong as your weakest link. if you're an amazing team who keep losing because you have a shitty oc, then you're a bad team.

alasdair

Blah blah blah. Spare me the football philosophy bullshit. For fans of teams that haven't ruled their division for almost 2 decades straight, there IS a difference.

I'm looking forward to when Brady is done in a couple years so you feel the sting of mortality again. I think it's been too long for you.

Blah blah blah. Spare me the football philosophy bullshit. For fans of teams that haven't ruled their division for almost 2 decades, there IS a difference.

Precisely my sentiments. I dont know anyone heres case but I utterly hate people that are fans of good teams with no justification. I lived in Nashville/southern KY for a good many years and first went to watch the titans when eddie george/steve mcnair had that great season I had tickets to a couple of games. I have still been to at least one game every year and somewhat keep up with it though my attention has fallen off in recent hopeless years. I have a buddy that is an Alabama CFB-Uconn CBB, NYY, Steelers fan shit drives me crazy.

It's easy to talk like alasdairm is when your team has been one of the best in the league for a decade and a half. Yes I know he was a fan when they sucked, but when they're that good for that long you forget what it's like to have to have concerns about what your team's season is going to be like.

boo fucking hoo. all teams have ups and downs. it comes with being a fan. but don't get all dawsoncrying.png on me - you're better than that.

you assume i just latched on to the patriots a few years ago because they're winners? you have no fucking idea. when i became a patriots fan, i picked them because they were my local team. my friends and coworkers were fans. i became a fan. back then, they were the worst team in football. i had to endure a few seasons of dismal football before they got to a superbowl (which they lost). then they looked like they were going to do something but never quite got it together. i had to endure another 3 or 4 shitty seasons (including an awful 5-11 season in 2000) until i got to see them win a superbowl, against the odds, beating the rams in sb xxxvi. the rest is history.

this dicksizing about who's had it worse and having to justify being a fan is just lame but it's par for the course with you - i know it's hard for you when you can't conveniently pigeonhole somebody.

gm, i get it, your team sucks and has sucked for a long time. i feel for you but it's not like there aren't other sports fans who've felt the pain of losing for a long time. i think browns fans and raiders fans can relate. or long time red sox fans or pittsburgh pirates fans.

i think that a 'great' team than can't win is just a bad team. we can agree to disagree.

alasdair

It's easy to talk like alasdairm is when your team has been one of the best in the league for a decade and a half. Yes I know he was a fan when they sucked, but when they're that good for that long you forget what it's like to have to have concerns about what your team's season is going to be like.

For sure all perspective is usually lost and those fan bases usually suffer over all. A bad five year stretch has its way of weeding out the band wagoners. UKs fan base is pretty despicable as is Alabamas so no hate directed at any person here.

Packers schedule is easier, tnw. Hope it does come down to that game, though.

Quit talking nonsense.. these are the only differences in schedule

Green Bay Packers
vs Panthers
vs Eagles

Lions
vs Jets
@ Cardinals

It just took a little for us to gell.. now we are playing like I thought we would all year. Not going to throw down all fire and brimstone on you all, but we just shellacked a 7 and 2 first place team.. if you all haven't figured it out yet, you all better take notice.;)

The packers are far better than the lions though. Rodgers is probably the best QB in the league right now. 108 points in two cames. Crazy.

QFT.. please continue preaching truth<3

re·lax
rəˈlaks/
=D

Last edited:
boo fucking hoo. all teams have ups and downs. it comes with being a fan. but don't get all dawsoncrying.png on me - you're better than that.

you assume i just latched on to the patriots a few years ago because they're winners? you have no fucking idea. when i became a patriots fan, i picked them because they were my local team. my friends and coworkers were fans. i became a fan. back then, they were the worst team in football. i had to endure a few seasons of dismal football before they got to a superbowl (which they lost). then they looked like they were going to do something but never quite got it together. i had to endure another 3 or 4 shitty seasons (including an awful 5-11 season in 2000) until i got to see them win a superbowl, against the odds, beating the rams in sb xxxvi. the rest is history.

this dicksizing about who's had it worse and having to justify being a fan is just lame but it's par for the course with you - i know it's hard for you when you can't conveniently pigeonhole somebody.

gm, i get it, your team sucks and has sucked for a long time. i feel for you but it's not like there aren't other sports fans who've felt the pain of losing for a long time. i think browns fans and raiders fans can relate. or long time red sox fans or pittsburgh pirates fans.

i think that a 'great' team than can't win is just a bad team. we can agree to disagree.

alasdair

The only consolation I have is that your team is going to suck very, very soon. I hope you enjoyed the past 15 years. Once Brady is gone you guys are done. Every other team in the division has gone through the growing pains of finding their identity this entire time. The Patriots will have a lot of catching up to do. The roster has been handled as "patch up the holes with duct tape and let Brady take us all the way" for years now. When he leaves you guys will be lucky to finish 3rd in the division every year for the foreseeable future.

sure. because, like i said, all teams have ups and downs. it's unlikely that that the patriots will be able to sustain the success they've had over the last 12 or 13 years. i feel bad for you gm - it must suck to want to see another team lose more than you want your own team to win. but haters gonna hate...

then you and i can sit back together and bitch about the dolphins domination of the afc east, gm :)

alasdair

Why would it be anything but the norm to want the Patriots to die in a fire? Every other fan in the division feels the same way. The reasons should be obvious. The Patriots sucking is going to be as satisfying as any of the other 3 teams winning. It doesn't really matter who else wins in the AFCE. As long as the other teams make the Pats pay for a long, long time.

jonas gray 4 tds against the colts 9th-ranked rush defense. pats doing great 'without' brady in indy :)

alasdair

Having one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game forces defenses to respect the passing game, which opens up the run game. Everything good the Patriots do is because the coach and the QB. Once either one of them leave, it's over. I'm counting down the days like it's Christmas.

Pretty decent article about Favre. To me he looks really old for only being 45.

Brett Favre, Found

EDIT: Some cool tweets from magic johnson

Earvin Magic Johnson ✔ @MagicJohnson
Follow
Aaron Rodgers reminds me of my good friend and rival Larry Bird. Aaron & Larry have similar qualities.
5:31 PM - 16 Nov 2014

Follow
Both Aaron and Larry are great leaders, both are competitive & most importantly make their teammates better, all while making it look easy!
5:33 PM - 16 Nov 2014

Follow
So the highest compliment I can give Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the NFL, is to compare him to 3x NBA Champion Larry Bird!
5:41 PM - 16 Nov 2014

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-rodgers-green-bay-packers-reminds-larry-bird

Last edited:
Having one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game forces defenses to respect the passing game, which opens up the run game. Everything good the Patriots do is because the coach and the QB. Once either one of them leave, it's over. I'm counting down the days like it's Christmas.
dawsoncryings.png

where you at dwe? let's hear about how great the chargers are now they finally won a game against the raiders. the raiders!

alasdair

A win is a win

As you would say

But for real that was a bad game prolly cuz we finally got our starters back and they are getting into groove

a win is a win but your team's performance is out of sync with your analysis of your team's performance.

first everything is going to be back to normal when you get your starters back, then they need a week to get into groove. you move the goalposts again.

8-8, here you come...

alasdair