• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

i can't wait to see san diego get beat by oakland this weekend :)

alasdair

you still think the chargers finish the regular season with a better record than the patriots?

alasdair

stick a fork in the panthers.. first team i have seen officially throw in the season towel and fold. pathedic

stick a fork in the panthers.. first team i have seen officially throw in the season towel and fold. pathedic

NFC South nobody wants to win it. hopefully next week they look as terrible as they did tonight but i just got this feeling they wont. every road division game has always been tough even when falcons were at their best and facing a shitty panthers team.

Yeah.. it clearly looked like they were just going through the motions.. if they were my team i would be livid and embarrassed.

This week is epic.. holy shit.. wow..

I know every team has a chance every week no matter who they play.. but we seem to have an unusually balanced week.. every one has a damn good shot this week.. well except the panthers who have obviously tucked tail and will take it happily from anyone. Not only that we have some great games here.. fuck yeah bring on this week... =D

really all of them almost but here are a few potential kind games

bengals at saints
seahawks at chiefs
lions at cardinals
eagles at packers
patriots at colts

then we have

broncos at rams
49ers at giants
raiders at chargers
vikings at bears

which really could go either way IMO

At least I get to watch the Bills crush Miami this Thursday. Bills have had Miami's number for the past couple years. Vegas line is -5 Miami. Such a suckers bet.

No we will make playoffs though
good stuff. i can't wait to see you wear that pats logo avatar. again.

where are the chargers in the power rankings?

si - 16th
espn - 15th
bleacher - 17th
nfl - 17th

i'll give you three guesses who's in 1st place in all 4 rankings...

alasdair

Vegas definitely suckered people with that Buf/Mia line. Bills are going to destroy that spread. Tannehill is averaging something pathetic like 5 yards-per-pass against the Bills over his career. His career QB Rating against them is only 15.0 lmao. To show how awful that is, Geno Smith's QBR this season is 27.6.

Last edited:
Trying that double bet with the money line on Oakland.. so the money line on Oakland and then Oakland +10.
why would you bet on both? if you're so sure they're going to win on the straight up money-line, just put it all on that.

alasdair

Anyone wanna wager whether or not Ryan Tannehill will make it through the entire game tonight? I seriously don't think he will. I'm expecting Matt Moore in there by the 3rd quarter.

why would you bet on both? if you're so sure they're going to win on the straight up money-line, just put it all on that.

alasdair

They are separate bets.. so when I see a situation where I feal a large money line bet like this has a chance of winning, then I throw the risky bet down on this in hopes of a big payday and use the other bet to cover the potential loses from the risky bet.

I belive it allows me to have a potential big pay day while trying to cover my losses. If I risked the same amount I risked on both bets on the raiders and the points I do not have the opertunity to win nearly as much, but I have a better chance at winning a decent amount. Many times I will lay much more on the team and the points and thus still take advantage of what I feal is a great bet. I only use this technique when the money line bet payoff is very large. If they win outright I make bank like i did on the bet below.. if they cover the spread I just make a little on a bet like this with the raiders. The rams bet I thought they were going to take it on factors other then heart and will.. raiders are going to need to dig deep so I would not lay a fortune on this game. just a shot with a parachute.

I really only use this technique when I think the massive underdog has a really good chance of winning. Its definitely is not a grinder bet.. but I bet for more reasons then making money. So this bet is more an excitement bet or a drug type bet with a safety net. Its a pleasure bet with a safety net.

The raiders only lost by a field goal the first meeting and with no W in the column at all they should be playing like demons.. esp looking at the remainder of their schedule.. if they dont pull off a heart win then they may not win a single game.

Thats the thing about gambling.. most everyone on this thread could place straight bets on favorites and risk much more then what would be paid out and make returns that make the stock market look like shit.. but most people do not do this.. they get suckered in by the "promise" of big paydays and the rush and enjoyment that comes with watching the related games and sometimes winning them and later from just placing them.

Threw down a risky double bet on this.. took rams on the money line and then rams with the points to cover that. If the rams win it will be a nice payday.

At San Francisco -10.5 St. Louis 44

So this is the tech I used on this bet.

This week just looked like it had some room to go a little more risky as the lines seem kinda whacked.

Last edited:
I'm literally done with the 2014 if the Bills lose this game, which it looks like they're going to. This'll be the 15th year in a row the Bills missed the playoffs, and the 4th or 5th season during that time they started decently and then fucked up. I'll see you guys for the 2015 pickems thread.

If you think that's an overreaction, well, you're obviously not a Bills fan.There's absolutely no fanbase in the entire league that has endured more heartbreak over the past 24 years.

Some pretty sketchy calls in this game.. but the Orton looked like shit.. you guys need a better QB.

Orton did look like shit. Which is weird because he looked really good his first few games.

And don't even bring up the calls. You have no idea what kind of war is waged between Bills fans about questionable calls. There's always at least 2-4 game defining calls against the Bills almost every game where half of the Bills fans call complete bullshit and the other half says stop using the refs as excuses.

But it's nice to know someone outside of Bills' fandom thought some of the calls were bullshit. It makes me feel less crazy. Because the sad thing is, as a Bills fan, I consider that game pretty evenly refereed except for 1 call. I'm used to much, much worse. I have no idea why because I really don't think the league is trying to "keep the Bills down" but fuck. Maybe it's an unconscious bias towards a perpetual losing team, but whatever it is, it kills me. I watch A LOT OF NFL GAMES and I'm telling you, most other teams don't get fucked up calls like shitty teams like the Bills do.

It doesn't excuse them from losing,, though. You could have taken every single Bills penalty away and I still think they got outplayed and would have lost. It's just like salt in the wound to always get bullshit calls against you. Like the Bills need any more help losing? lmao