• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

tavon austin(who ironically was involved in trade for bills to get EJ) was supposed to be as good as watkins and all he did was drop passes early in the season, failure to figure out how to gain separation in the NFL, get a bunch of long TDs called back cause of flags and get injured by week 13)

but he single handledly beat the shit out of indy and CHI

honestly I thought about that with the Marquise Lee thing. I feel like Watkins won't be able to sneak up on anyone, as teams will gameplan around him from the jump and just hope they can stop the run enough to put them into situations where they'll almost have to pass it to him and who's to say EJ Manuel (never remember his name) doesnt have a few pick sixes in him this year?

Idk that Kiko injury just seems like a bad omen. happened with Jason Peters and the "Dream Team". they COULD have worked and Andy Reid would probably still be coaching but Vick was always on the IR and the line fell apart. Danny Watkins was one of the worst 1st rd picks of all time, considering the guy taken directly after him was Earl Thomas. Although Andy Reid also drafted Nick Foles and LeSean McCoy so I can't really hate on him too much. but I really do fell bad for KC, they are going to have the same things happen to them. Unless they just get like this mega sick defense and if Jamal Charles can be the best receiver in addition to getting pounded on the first two downs. Eric Fisher better be legit, you know Alex Smith needs time to check down to throwing the ball away. who is their punter? and fg kicker? two most important positions on his team.

eagles are going to win a super bowl within the next 3 seasons, but not this year. I basically say this every year but eventually it will look cool and I think Chip Kelly just needs to learn how to be an NFL coach, not a football coach. shit like time management, play selection, timeouts, stuff you learn how to do in Madden ffs. they let way to many teams have way too much time at the end of the games last year to come back and win games at the last moment. the chargers dont even make the playoffs if he just uses a traditional offense with THE BEST RUNNING TEAM IN THE LEAGUE and doesn't hike the ball with 15 seconds left on the play clock

fucking John Madden tought me that damn

i hope ra'shede hageman is defensive rookie of the year

im hearing really good things about him already. someone really needs to step up on defense for the falcons and i know he's just a rookie but I really hope he can make an instant impact.

his odds are +3000 to win rookie of the year :sus:

I think the eagles can be a legit contender if they can improve there pass defense to just average. We where dead last in the league last year in pass d and made the playoffs. I have high hopes that Nick Foles can be a top 5 qb for years to come. Excited for the season. I'm planning a trip to Philly for the last preseason game against the jets so I can see my eagles play and mike Vick in person. 2 birds with one stone. Favorite team and favorite player in the same game :)

I'm telling you guys the Eagles secondary is horribly underrated

they were on the field a lot when the team had a lead, leads to a lot of short yardage gains because they are holding back the big play

and the safeties were either mid-round rookies or Nate Allen (same difference)

the whole defense will be better this year and I hope to christ Chip Kelly learned scoring as fast as possible is NOT how the NFL works

they also got more or less nothing in the return game last year but I feel like their coverage team will be on point again

they lost the Vikings game because they didnt want to punt to Cordarrelle Patterson and therefore the Viking's offense only had to go about 30-50 yards each time. Chip had a lot to learn about the subtleties of the NFL

Last edited:
This just in

Better than 75percent of the league

Wilth Allen and Floyd side by side and green and gates at te and rivers is a solid top. 5. Qbs and now with drafted cb and signing of Brandon flowers

Oh and are rb depth plz I cant wait for this season it has atleast afc divisional winner written on it

This in many months ago.. green bay takes this shit.. yep

Odds to Win Super Bowl XLIX at Bovada as of July 14:

Denver Broncos 13/2
Seattle Seahawks 13/2
San Francisco 49ers 7/1
New England Patriots 9/1
Green Bay Packers 11/1
New Orleans Saints 14/1
Chicago Bears 16/1
Indianapolis Colts 16/1
Philadelphia Eagles 25/1
Atlanta Falcons 33/1
Carolina Panthers 33/1
Detroit Lions 33/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 33/1
Arizona Cardinals 40/1
Baltimore Ravens 40/1
Cincinnati Bengals 40/1
New York Giants 40/1
San Diego Chargers 40/1
Dallas Cowboys 50/1
Kansas City Chiefs 50/1
Miami Dolphins 50/1
St. Louis Rams 50/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 50/1
Washington Redskins 50/1
Cleveland Browns 66/1
Houston Texans 66/1
New York Jets 66/1
Buffalo Bills 75/1
Minnesota Vikings 75/1
Oakland Raiders 100/1
Tennessee Titans 100/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 200/1
http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/super-bowl-futures

This shits gona be easy.. sorry losers.

so put your money where your mouth is. how big a bet will you place at 40/1? think of the money you could win!

i'll bet you that one of the bears, falcons or lions make it further than the chargers.

alasdair

Last edited:
falcons being that high just shows how fucked they were from injuries last year.

cant wait to see julio and roddy back in action 8o

This just in

Better than 75percent of the league

Wilth Allen and Floyd side by side and green and gates at te and rivers is a solid top. 5. Qbs and now with drafted cb and signing of Brandon flowers

Oh and are rb depth plz I cant wait for this season it has atleast afc divisional winner written on it
Chargers have underachieved for a decade I wouldn't hold my breath

Anyone else surprised at the 66/1 odds for the New York Jets ???

worst qb in the league last year and still managed to finish 8-8 and barely miss the playoffs. There is no way Geno Smith could play any worse this season.. and he did have a few games last year where he looked pretty impressive. But they also added Mike Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker

66/1 odds is almost too good to pass up.

Risk $20 to potentially win $1320. Seems totally worth it to me. I think Vegas isn't giving the Jets enough credit here. If they can manage to beat New England twice this year I think they win the division for sure

I also like these odds:

New York Giants 40/1 - First of all they have Eli Manning, 2 Super Bowl rings, historically bad season last year... That will never happen again. Also they started 0-6 and finished 7-3 over the last ten games and managed to have the #1 defense in the entire league over the last ten games(actually impressive stat I found today)

Pittsburgh Steelers 33/1 - Another team that had a horrible start last year and then finished strong. And they have Big Ben.. one of the few players in sports I will never bet against.

Atlanta Falcons 33/1 - Roddy White. Julio Jones.

I like all of those bets, especially the Jets at 66/1. I think that is ridiculous. I would bet though that one of these 4 teams wins the Super Bowl this year

Damn I'm liking the Arizona Cardinals at 40/1 also

A team that went 10-6 last year and got snubbed from the playoffs

Last edited:
Anyone else surprised at the 66/1 odds for the New York Jets ???

worst qb in the league last year and still managed to finish 8-8 and barely miss the playoffs. There is no way Geno Smith could play any worse this season.. and he did have a few games last year where he looked pretty impressive. But they also added Mike Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker

66/1 odds is almost too good to pass up.

Risk $20 to potentially win $1320. Seems totally worth it to me. I think Vegas isn't giving the Jets enough credit here. If they can manage to beat New England twice this year I think they win the division for sure

The Jets have consistently had one of the worst receiving corps in the league for years now. Combine that with the question mark in Geno Smith and it's hard to argue with the low probability Vegas is putting on them winning the Bowl.

how the fuck is Chicago 16/1 and KC is 50/1?

all I can think of about the Bears is that train wreck they displayed against the Eagles on Monday night last year with the playoffs in reach

such an overrated team with no identity

they couldnt stop the run for shit last year, how does Jared Allen fix that problem?

and I know it was against the NYGiants' backup-backup players... but damn did Bryce Brown look good in that HoF game. 1k yard season ids habbening

Last edited:
omg this just made my day

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...scussing-possible-kelly-green-uniform-change/

KELLY GREEN or GTFO

jerome+brown.jpg

NSFW:
philadelphia-eagles-retro-logo.jpg

always.....

Jeffrey Lurie isn't in touch with the fans, this will always be the logo to the people who care about the team the most. He let his now divorced wife who knew nothing about the team completely redesign the unis.

Last edited:
and I know it was against the NYGiants' backup-backup players... but damn did Bryce Brown look good in that HoF game. 1k yard season ids habbening

I'm really excited about Bryce Brown. Biased or not, I think he, CJ Spiller, and Freddie Jackson make up the best overall RB corps in the league. I can't think of any other team that has that much combined talent in the backfield.

love how i talk about the chargers and get called out cuz i don talk about about the rest of the nfl when everyone on here talk about just their fav team aka GM shimazu