TDS TDS social thread vs follow the yellow brick road

I am so excited I finally finished my last paper for school hopefully I will get my diploma soon!

^Oooh that is exciting, tacky. I have a couple papers I'm procrastinating on right now. I can imagine how good it must feel to have your last one completed! :)

^Hahaha! Spork, that's RX's way of saying 'Get off the fucking internet and get some work done!' which is how I would have phrased it. ( Oh, I just did! ) She's more succinct than I am, less blunt. =D

Tacky, way to go. Surprised you've got the energy for it. You have an excuse to procrastinate. It's called feeding time. How you getting on?

Fucking hell, just realized I missed the Great Midwest Alpaca Festival for like the 5th year in a row that I've been planning on going. :(

Spork, I actually Googled that to make sure you weren't just taking the BestOfBluelight Alpaca thing to extremes. :sus: It actually exists! For some reason that makes me stupidly happy this afternoon. Alpaca festivals ( and TDS alpaca festival meetups ) FTW! =D

@Tacky--congratulations! I know that has been hanging over your head for a while. How in the world did you manage to finish it in the first few weeks of a new baby? There must be some kind of an award for that!

@Spork--I've been procrastinating on EVERYTHING but this past week I finally knuckled down and got my ticket, sent my son's graduation announcements out (he is still buried in his room writing his senior thesis muttering that he will never get it down) and got a huge project at least started for school. I swear I have spring fever worse than my students!

I will tell the Ecuadoran Alpacas that there is a Midwest Alpaca Festival. They should get a kick out of that.:)

I don't know what the go is, but for some reason all I can smell is grilled cheese.
Hm.

Eh so so. I've been better and I've been worse.

How about you CH? :)

Eh so so. I've been better and I've been worse.

How about you CH? :)

Well I had a pretty bad flashback today, but I got over it fairly quickly and I'm feeling a lot better now.

I'm kind of excited about the near future, hopefully some good things should be coming around for me.

Nonetheless I'm having a good day, just doing my thing. I've been working on compiling video game footage for some music I've been creating recently. I believe I have about 17 minutes of material thus far.

Glad to hear you're feeling better and having an overall good day. Sorry to hear you were feeling down earlier.

Excitement is good!!

Has anyone tried these?
Darkside-Skittles-Bag.jpg

I giggled when I saw them in the store today and thought about buying some just because but then talked myself out of it.

Hmmm... that makes me want to see what else is in circulation with the title of "dark side"...

It occurs to me that "dark side" would be an interesting theme for an assemblage. I would exclude any star wars references. #notafan

Today I was running a few errands and every place I stopped, I saw people I knew from the high school where I taught.

I happened to be wearing a tie die dress and my bracelets and necklaces and anklets were all rasta colors and I had charms in the shape of an iconic leaf dangling from my earlobes.

The first place I stopped, I saw one of former superiors come in with his family. I had no intention of striking up a conversation... but he walked over to me and asked me how I've been.

Well... I wanted to say I've been to hell and back, quite frankly.

For the first time since I started teaching, I wasn't worried what would he would think about my rakish comportment. I surprised myself by telling him that I was still unemployed and without prospects, but that I was therefore able to help my kids with their kids, and my parents with their advancing ages. I was seriously comfortable relaying my life status to this guy. "Teacher-me" would never have predicted that!

His eyes were already wide and hopelessly trying not to look at my leaf earrings. I said "I guess you could say I'm just coasting, and enjoying the days. It was nice seeing you."

I stopped twice more before coming back to the house, and both places were populated with former students. I didn't even recognize any of them. People can change a LOT from the time they are 18 year old seniors going to prom to 25 year old adults with kids and jobs and car notes.

These people didn't have to say anything to me at all but they all talking kindly to me. It made me feel good. Really did...
I am glad I wore my real clothes and that I got my genuine personality back. I'm glad that seeing all those people in a short time span was such a positive set of events. By the third stop, it was really dawning on me that I'm back, and I'm alright. I have peace this evening.