• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tapering off heroin?

I Hear you about using 12 step places, I quit opiates 2 times both on my own but I had to do something drastic like move to Canada or joining the military, as long as I got away from the people in my home town I was good, otherwise I'd just relapse after a couple weeks. I had a 400-480mg OC habit for about 2 yrs the shitty part is the more you quit the harder it is to quit the next time, but I'd always taper as much as possible then jump to subs or something like Lyrica. Surprisingly there are a lot of things that get rid of WD like gabapentins and Lyrica, Seroquell will knock you out for a good 8 hrs if your really sick and need sleep.

If you stopped buying drugs could you afford to pay for car repairs?
Not for a while, the main bearing went out and fucked up the entire engine, so it'd take me 570 hours of work to replace it. I also have college so I don't work full time, so I'm just looking for a cheap "new" one right now.

Yay my Etizolam finally came in! I can just taste the sleep already (but not tonight because new years party necessitates that I drink :)).

If anyone can help me find my way I'm in pueblo Colorado traveling through and sick anyone know anything please!! Msg me

If ur gonna use stryker but want to be clean like I know u do, try pickin up some weed maybe? I was in your boat yesterday the holidays r terrible for me but once I took a couple dabs the urge to go get high subsided greatly. Everyone's diff tho n my buddy I was w/ was just as stoned but wanted to get pcp or K or something still so idk but it helped me...
I am well stocked on weed/alcohol, I just don't like them as much as, well...heroin. It helps pass the day yeah, especially alcohol, I just don't want to drink everyday. Smoking I do occasionally. These new pills I have though will be super beneficial for both use (sleep) and abuse.

SS you are doing this because you feel that you should, even if it's to have some "clean time" before another run. If I could go back in time I would at least attempt to do this with my pain meds. It's tolerance that shits me more than anything, I pay a dollar per 30mg pill from the pharmacy and it costs me $10.00 per 80mg pill buying on the street so it was easy to manage a habit when my daily intake was up to say 120mgs but now with my tolerance my minimum single dose is 120mgs and I don't even get adequate analgesia, taking up to 500mgs of oxycodone daily with minimal analgesia is a lost battle. If I had easy access to H sadly I would be back on the needle. Errgh I'm so fun to be around too.

Well keep up the stellar performance SS, you are doing a great thing, truly. Take care my man.

Well, after drinking a bit at a party and then going home and taking way more Etizolam than I should for just sleeping I'm realizing that the Etizolam was really just my next drug to fall back on to (I took 3x what I'd take normally to sleep). So be it I guess...at least I'm off heroin for a while.

I have a love/hate relationship with Honey, and have for the past year. When I want to do a taper, I get some Subs and get a 1/2 g. Subs make me sick the first few days, so I'll do a line of H to ease me off, but I stick to 1 line the same size every time. I find I only need the H for the first few days, then the Subs kick in and take over.
Plus, I end up with spare H, which I recycle financially.

Tapers, to me, are the easiest route instead of CT.

Whatever route you chose, good luck.

Usually i only need 0.6mg to sleep. I took 8mg last night.
Strangest thing happened, usually I use 0.6mg to go to sleep. Sleep is just my way of justifying buying them, though. I remember taking 2.4mg last night and then when straight to bed. It would seem that somehow I managed to take 17mg last night while I was under the influence. I don't remember if, but I must have popped a lot more pills that I should have...

Strangest thing happened, usually I use 0.6mg to go to sleep. Sleep is just my way of justifying buying them, though. I remember taking 2.4mg last night and then when straight to bed. It would seem that somehow I managed to take 17mg last night while I was under the influence. I don't remember if, but I must have popped a lot more pills that I should have...
Apparently it was very noticeable by family/friends too, even after 6 hours.

Look it appears to me with everything you have written and revealed in this thread about yourself, that you are going through your "drug taking days". If you're young, and I beleive you are but I'm not sure, but let's say you are and you're early 20's, If it were myself at that age I would already be five years into drug use and if you're using Heroin..... well then you've done societies most feared drug, the most taboo for the last 50 years, even among many other drug users Heroin is considered too hardcore a no go zone so in that respect Shadow, you're in deep but you have a chance here to say "woah thanks it was great but I gotta move on, I've seen what H is about but I've seen how my mind craves it and recognized the danger".....

And sure, you may decide Benzos are now you're Drug Of Choice and just being around here on Bluelight you know the risks have dire consequences, you may end up having to do a protracted taper like many others but hopefully you won't have to cos this use won't last long but we'll see I suppose......

If you haven't already explored the psychedelics then please do so. You absolutely must immerse yourself in the organic ones like mushrooms and Ayahausca before moving on to the DMT extractions amongst others and then there's LSD and the endless list of other chemicals to twist your noodle..........but that's just my opinion you will do whatever you are supposed to.

So you may just be going hard for a bit as one does and then you'll get out relatively unscathed, experienced but not damaged.

Last edited:

And therein lies the amnesiac properties of benzos/RC imitation benzos. You think you're fine and keep taking more. The next morning half your stash is missing (hey who stole my pills?!?.... No one except " past you ") , then look at your phone to see all the " heyyy ehbvvcvghnd" messages you texted last night ....

Fun. But at least you're not driving. I had an acquaintance who would find himself coming to at green lights, having no clue where he was going or how long he had been sitting there...

And therein lies the amnesiac properties of benzos/RC imitation benzos. You think you're fine and keep taking more. The next morning half your stash is missing (hey who stole my pills?!?.... No one except " past you ") , then look at your phone to see all the " heyyy ehbvvcvghnd" messages you texted last night ....

Fun. But at least you're not driving. I had an acquaintance who would find himself coming to at green lights, having no clue where he was going or how long he had been sitting there...
I hear ya. I bought 48mg expecting it to last me a month: one pill (1.2mg) per night. It has been two days and I've used 26 pills already.