• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tapering off heroin?

others have mentioned, kratom, dxm, and loperamide helped me greatly in tapering / withdrawing from H.

Best of luck.

loperamide is rediculous u have to take so much to even have a slight chance for it to help and then your more constipated then before. kratom in my opinion is not the best but can help in very large quantities but everyone is different also dmx can solve the problem but only for short time and may cause more stomach problems

18 and on parent's insurance, however I don't plan on telling them about my use.
You don't have to tell your parents you use, you're 18 years old, and you're considered an adult.
the money you spend on dope can go to the methadone clinic.
You can stay there however long you want, 1 day or your whole life, it's up to you.

I would recommend a 2-4 week detox taper plan. Start on 20-30mg, and go down 5mg a week.

Itll be way more effective than tapering heroin with heroin.

Methadone is MADE for this, to help Heroin addicts who struggle to stay clean.

best of luck.

I really wouldn't be suggesting people to go on methadone like its candy ... Methadone should be LAST RESORT LIFE SAVING MAINTENANCE DRUG I think you should try everything before having to resort to that. It should be as a "fuck I'm gonna die absolutely nothing else works not subs , not tapering , not codeine/hydro taper, not Kratom , not loperamide , or cold turkey . Only after that try methadone ...

Agree w/ invisible helper. Subs 3 years n glad I didn't get on mdone but also regret being on subs so long lol. Wish I would have stuck it out CT. Subs / mdone kills your oral health. Really should be a last resort. GL OP

Agree w/ invisible helper. Subs 3 years n glad I didn't get on mdone but also regret being on subs so long lol. Wish I would have stuck it out CT. Subs / mdone kills your oral health. Really should be a last resort. GL OP
I'm at 27 hours and this honestly isn't as bad as the last attempt. At all. Maybe it just hasn't hit full force because I did a small taper forna few days, or it hasn't been long enough since my last dose. Not being able to sleep and rls is one of the worst part of it in my opinion, but I have a couple Etizolam pills that my friend said he didn't mind me using instead of selling to him, so taking half a pill helped me sleep through most of the night and stopped rls to help me go to sleep initially so it wasn't too bad.

Ah lucky lol I need to get sleepin pills or something STAT. my stomachs been fucked n been wide awake since 2am. Being on less than 1/2 of 1mg sub deff fuckin w/ me now

Ah lucky lol I need to get sleepin pills or something STAT. my stomachs been fucked n been wide awake since 2am. Being on less than 1/2 of 1mg sub deff fuckin w/ me now
I had them the last attempt but had already told my friend I'd sell them to him when I got the chance as they were my last two, but I got the OK this time to go ahead and use them. It should provide sleep for these first 4 days hopefully. But I completely get where you're coming from, even alcohol/weed didn't work my last attempt and I ended up being awake the entire night drunk/high, and then in the morning came more w/d + a hangover and it was absolute hell. I guess that's why I caved in and used. If you order Etizolam (I can't give out vendors here, sorry) it helps a ton and i received mine within 2 days of ordering them. I haven't ordered any more because money is tight, hence me being down to only two, but just a suggestion.

I've also got two zofran I'll be using to stop nausea for a bit hopefully.

Just out of curiosity, if I were to start using again would my tolerance have dropped at all and would withdrawals take more/less time to start?

As someone who's never used heroin but is well aware of addiction. That post above is typical addict thought process. You're so close to succeeding in not messing your life up. Why use now?

As someone who's never used heroin but is well aware of addiction. That post above is typical addict thought process. You're so close to succeeding in not messing your life up. Why use now?
It's just curiosity. I've been thinking maybe if I'm able to stop myself from using daily, and only use a couple times a week, I'd be able to avoid having to go through withdrawals as I wouldn't be physically addicted. Given that was the same rational I used when I first started, but now I actually know what withdrawals are like.

It's just curiosity. I've been thinking maybe if I'm able to stop myself from using daily, and only use a couple times a week, I'd be able to avoid having to go through withdrawals as I wouldn't be physically addicted. Given that was the same rational I used when I first started, but now I actually know what withdrawals are like.

Every bit of literature ever written about addiction says if you are using the logic of "I can handle this withdrawal so I'll use again" you're already addicted. You posted with the intention of quitting as you've had your fun, that's clearly your intention whilst your on smack so why so different now eh?. you're young and obviously slightly naive but you're at a very big fork in your life right now. If you don't wake up and smell the coffee youre in for a world of pain.

I'm in for support mate, come on you can do it.

Every bit of literature ever written about addiction says if you are using the logic of "I can handle this withdrawal so I'll use again" you're already addicted. You posted with the intention of quitting as you've had your fun, that's clearly your intention whilst your on smack so why so different now eh?. you're young and obviously slightly naive but you're at a very big fork in your life right now. If you don't wake up and smell the coffee youre in for a world of pain.

I'm in for support mate, come on you can do it.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've been going through weird phases of wanting to throw it all out and just wanting to use again. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I've been with friends constantly the past couple days to keep my mind off things. Albeit a little drinking which isn't helping, hanging out with them has really helped. Still, its the nights where I feel the loneliest/worst right now even if I have friends sleeping at my house. It's like an emotional cycle that just keeps alternating between two extremes. I know I'm addicted, I just don't know how to fix it. :(

If you were able to keep yourself from using daily in the first place, you wouldn't be where you are now. This is the mildest withdrawal you'll ever experience. They get worse every time.

As the other poster said--you are at a fork in the road. I always like to think of them as crossroads. It's time to pick a way to go. I would bet a years salary of where you end up if you take the "try to use every few days" path. If you take that one you are going to look back someday and pinpoint "if I just would've stopped then"

I wish you the best and I know how hard it is being young. I was in rehab before 21. And back then that was not common. Wish I'd have got it the first time around, as I took the wrong road at many crossroads. That's why I hate to see someone young go down the same path.

The heroin wd is what's making you feel depressed and lonely and such. I promise you, don't use and that will go away. It's a very very common wd effect.

Just hang in there. Keep staying busy. Stay around people. Give yourself a chance. Remember what I'm telling you--this is by far the easiest wd you will ever go through. From here you get wd after using sooner, and it's much worse every time.

If you were able to keep yourself from using daily in the first place, you wouldn't be where you are now. This is the mildest withdrawal you'll ever experience. They get worse every time.

As the other poster said--you are at a fork in the road. I always like to think of them as crossroads. It's time to pick a way to go. I would bet a years salary of where you end up if you take the "try to use every few days" path. If you take that one you are going to look back someday and pinpoint "if I just would've stopped then"

I wish you the best and I know how hard it is being young. I was in rehab before 21. And back then that was not common. Wish I'd have got it the first time around, as I took the wrong road at many crossroads. That's why I hate to see someone young go down the same path.

The heroin wd is what's making you feel depressed and lonely and such. I promise you, don't use and that will go away. It's a very very common wd effect.

Just hang in there. Keep staying busy. Stay around people. Give yourself a chance. Remember what I'm telling you--this is by far the easiest wd you will ever go through. From here you get wd after using sooner, and it's much worse every time.
I get what you're saying. I wasn't aware withdrawals came sooner every time you started using again, or got worse every time. This time is by far much easier than the last attempt at quitting.

I get what you're saying. I wasn't aware withdrawals came sooner every time you started using again, or got worse every time. This time is by far much easier than the last attempt at quitting.

Standard property of addiction, the more you use something the worse it gets to stop, this ain't linear either, you can find it easier once then ten times harder the next. That little voice telling you its easy to quit does a good job in convincing you to start again.