• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

tackling the smaller issues.... should men be allowed to leave the toilet seat up??

I've had people say thatto me in my own home and i kindly offered to leave the seat down whilst still aiming from up high. Needless to say the kind offer was rejected.

The toilet seat is a non issue IMO. At peoples houses i tend to respect the seat and leave it where i found it or put booth down.

Someone told me a couple of days ago that it's actually better for your bladder to pee sitting down??? Can anyone confirm this? I may have been damaging the poor thing for years without even knowing it :(

I'd say yes - you just relax as opposed to forcing urine out.

no they bloody well shouldn't.
why should i have to subject my hand to the toilet seat just because they can't be assed to put it down themselves. if you can put it up, you can also put it down again.

^^Because it's for your benefit?
Why should we need to subject our hands to the toilet seat when you can't be assed putting it up yourself?

Riot Grrrl said:
I don't mind
as long as they don't piss all over the seat or on the floor
Some grown men still need toilet training

Haha, if I fuck up, I clean it up :)

why would we put it up? we want it down! you're the ones that put it up in the first place.

Fight! Fight!
:D
Seriously: who cares? I've heard there's more germs on your average supermarket trolley or escalator hand-rails than in toilets.

You're subjecting your hands to poo with only a millimetre of loo paper in between, I doubt the toilet seat is going to kill ya :D (kaz, this is not directed at you in particular, just a general rant ;) <3)

I say whoever is using it, needs to adjust to suit themselves when they arrive. No-one should have to be worrying about etiquette just after relieving themselves, it's an in and out job.

actually.. i suppose it depends on whose house it is. if its my house, they should leave the toilet seat as i did. and vice versa

Its a toilet SEAT. Hence it should be left down after using. Common sense really.

Its not a big deal, I just find it rude if a guy goes into my ensuite bathroom and leaves it up after using it. I rarely say anything though.

^ You two realise that there is fundamental differences in the biology of the sexes that make it easier for us males to urinate while in a standing position?

It is called a "toilet seat" but if it was meant to be in the prone position always then it would not have a hinge attached to the back of it.

For the record, I normally leave seat and cover down. Just habit, i suppose. That, and it looks 'correct'.

What i ACTUALLY think: It's not an issue.

What I SAY when being a prat: Demanding 'the seat' be left down or up is in fact to the detriment of the struggle for equality of the sexes.

im voting toilet seat down, purely for the accidental "ass in bowl" situation that may occur if you are not looking.

I think it's just polite to leave it down.

In a male dominated household however maybe it can be left up.

It's just polite is all...

kryalkastleE said:
im voting toilet seat down, purely for the accidental "ass in bowl" situation that may occur if you are not looking.
Very good point - late night, can't focus, bladder full, arse in bowl.
I always put the seat and the lid down - once that business is done, close the door on it.

because guys piss on the seat (generalisation, yes majority wins)

that is why you cant leave it up.

the end.

^^ well see it's not us that suffers as a majority so your argument does not stand up!

If you want us to be polite and put it up when we are peeing thenits also up to you to look out for yourself when you're wanting to sit down :)

lostpunk5545 said:
^ You two realise that there is fundamental differences in the biology of the sexes that make it easier for us males to urinate while in a standing position?

It is called a "toilet seat" but if it was meant to be in the prone position always then it would not have a hinge attached to the back of it.

Uh yeah, thanks for clarifying. 8) I originally said I don't make a big deal out of it yeah?

In MY ensuite however, I think its rude for visitors of the male persuasion not to put it back down. As its my bathroom and all.

ANYWAY.

I live with my family who are all female, and it pisses me off when my mums boyfriend comes over and constantly leaves the toilet seat up. In fact, it infuriates me. :X Especially since my mum has asked him to leave it down for our sake.

I imagine he gets some sort of kick about leaving it up, knowing that we'll all get disturbed by his 'marking of territory.'

Think about it! Leaving the toilet seat up (and I don't just mean both flaps, one is bad enough) is dirty! It's disgusting, an open HOLE of which our WASTE is piled into, day in, day out. Who wants that sort of air rising up and out into the world? NOT ME.

The toilet seat stays down in my town!

*runs around slapping the flaps*

*sunflower* said:
Uh yeah, thanks for clarifying. 8) I originally said I don't make a big deal out of it yeah?

In MY ensuite however, I think its rude for visitors of the male persuasion not to put it back down. As its my bathroom and all.

ANYWAY.

Being your personal ensuite I completely understand and would respect that.