• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tackling the bigger issues - Gay education to kids

Diego Blunt said:
How could kids in general possibly be sheltered from gay relationships when they spend such an absurd amount of time watching television? While Queer Eye has dissapeared, there is still enough gay programming to educate our kids. Being gay is a social norm these days, so it is only natural that children finally learn the truth.

This is a really good point. Not only in tv, in movies and the gossip magazines- kids idols are openly gay these days. They should get taught what it actually means when they start asking questions about it and before puberty hits and hormones take over. They should get taught this like any other subject like its no big deal because it IS no big deal.

My mother used to do the sex and religious education at my school when I was in year seven- how embarassing.:eek: She is really matter of fact and didnt bring "right or wrong" into it. Just plain facts about sexuality, pregnancy, protection and diseases. Thats it.

Kids wont read as much into having story books with different family structures as adults do. It'll just be a story- no big deal at all. Look at all the different characters on sesame street these days, isnt there an HIV+ muppet?

All this controversy over nothing. Its not the kids that need some education in tolerance, its the adults.:p

silvia saint said:
maybe because some kids have already been called a fag whilst being punched in the head for more than a few years by then?

I agree, but i'll take it further. I believe children should not wait until year 7 sex ed to be taught sexuality by a relative stranger. I firmly believe that age-appropriate education should be given younger. Kids need to know the difference between "good touch-bad touch". My sister never used kiddy names for genitals with my neice and nephew, it was always referred to as penis and vagina. The reason being is that if something was wrong with those parts, people that were caring for her kids; teachers, babysitters, etc, wouldn't be confused.

She works as a special ed teacher for pre and primary school kids and was told a story by one of her colleagues: A little girl came to class every day and had a soft-toy rabbit (she was 4 or so). She'd constantly tell the teacher that her grandpa would "play with her bunny". The teacher merely thought she was referring to her toy. Turns out that grandad was molesting the poor little girl and her mother referred to her vagina as a "bunny". This was before she had kids and made a promise to herself to never use baby words for that kind of thing.

I'm not saying that children should be given "The Joy of Sex" to read when they're 5, but i think that they should be given age appropriate information and education from a younger age than 11 or 12. Hell, who here was playing doctors and nurses when they were 7? I know I was, but then again, i could just have been a dirty child?:eek:

Parents should be teaching their children these things as well, because if it's not spoken about with comfort at home, then how are kids supposed to approach their parents about something they've never heard their parents mention?? For so many parents, discussing anything regarding sex is still taboo, and it's really unfortunate. :(

^^ Great post. You always have something great to contribute to the discussion.

I agree. I was totally aware of sex and female body parts and how they work when I was 5. I remember me and a group of other guys dry-sexed a fire hydrant in the playground. How do we know children in pre-school dont think of sex - just dont express it? What if they can sense the taboo and are too embarrassed to express it? Children are a lot more aware and work on a different sensory level to grown adults. I remember my parents used to allow me to watch movies with sex scenes in them when I was younger. They went on the pretext that I didnt know what was happening in those movies. But I did! I think people are forgetting that nature programs us for sex from the age 11. Social taboos and restrictions dont have an effect on the physical make-up of the body.

zephyr said:
All this controversy over nothing. Its not the kids that need some education in tolerance, its the adults.:p

fucking word aye, that's what it comes down to.

and on the kids and genitals thing. A real big pet peeve for me is when parents teach their kids other names for their genitals other than penis and vagina. My reason behind this is if you make different names for them you are giving the impression that they are not ok as they are and are hiding them. Kids end up having sexual issues about themselves if they grow up thinking their genitals are "rude"

"impressing" alternative sexuality, or perversion on a child is para paedophilia full stop.

it will be, just as multi culturalism was, another social experiment gone horribly wrong. and no, i dont have a problem with multi culturalism, society does. before all you who were about to shout "racist".

as far as "tolerance" goes, if thats what your looking for, that is what you will get.

if your looking for "acceptance" however, then you might reach your goal.

until then, i would say that homosexuality is no more excepted now than it was since time began.

people "tolerate" you.

one thing i wont tolerate is people deciding to impress non-natural sexuality on a child within its own household.

Last edited:
paedophilia? You have to be joking. They are not teaching them sex ED but rather introducing them to different family structures.

edit - knew that had to be a troll but couldn't help myself to bite

Last edited:
I thought this was funny =D

10 reasons gay marriage is wrong

1. Being gay is not natural. And as you know we have always rejected
unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that
hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy
behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because, as you
know, a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at
all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and
divorce is still illegal.

5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were
allowed. The sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage
would be destroyed.

6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay
couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to
marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more
children.

7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight
parents only raise straight children.

8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like
ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country.
That's why we have only one religion.

9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model
at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to
raise children.

10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could
neveradapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars,
the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Ode to Fuckwits

h
thefifthhorseman said:
"impressing" alternative sexuality, or perversion on a child is para paedophilia full stop.

it will be, just as multi culturalism was, another social experiment gone horribly wrong. and no, i dont have a problem with multi culturalism, society does. before all you who were about to shout "racist".

as far as "tolerance" goes, if thats what your looking for, that is what you will get.

if your looking for "acceptance" however, then you might reach your goal.

until then, i would say that homosexuality is no more excepted now than it was since time began.

people "tolerate" you.

one thing i wont tolerate is people deciding to impress non-natural sexuality on a child within its own household.

EDIT: i know ^ this is a troll but i think it still reflects a lot of what is felt within the wider community

This debate is so frustratingly simple that it irritates me that FIVE freakin' pages have been devoted to its discussion, especially when these posts include such blatant heternormative arguments from the likes of old mate troll up there ^. Typically, i ignore such inflammatory posts and write them off for the rubbish that they are.

But, one thing that I won't tolerate is fuckwittage throwing around words such as:

* alternative sexuality
* perversion
* social experiments
* tolerance
* para-paedophilia [sic]
* non-natural [sic]

blah blah blah.

SO:

Firstly, who determines what is natural and what is not? If a gay person chooses to construct their sexuality in terms of biological determinism (which i personally do not) then they might just as validly argue their right to be represented on the basis of their naturalness.

Now, before I even go further, I can hear some nasty little person such as <insert name here> asserting that heterosexuality is natural on the basis of reproduction of species, and/or the mere fact that there are more heterosexuals hence normal hence natural etc etc blah blah blah aka SHUT THE FUCK UP!! This chain of logic is repeated ad nauseaum buy all those little Jacobites out there and frankly, it holds little to no sway with anyone that i would consider remotely intelligent.

What is comes down to, and yes my post does have a point as opposed to just attacking conservo scum, is that by excluding the representation of gay people within everyday society, society necessarily politicises the issue. People ubiqitiously refer to the 'gay agenda' and yet they fail to see that by NOT including all types of familial stuctures within media, THEY are responsible for politicising the issue.

For too long, people who identify as gay have been relegated to the murky waters of 'the sexual'. We are distinguished solely on the basis of our sexuality and, consequently, anytime people discuss homosexuality they have the exploitative opportunity to automatically sexualise the issue (even though the actual issueis as sexual as my fake louis vuitton wallet) ;)

I fail to see how illustrating two same-sex parents lovingly taking their child to the park even remotely refers to anything sexual. It suggests love, commitment and respect. Dykes aren't just dykes simply because of who they fuck. They are also dykes because of who they love. NB: It is possibly for someone of the 'homosexual species' to simply love their partner, rather than just want to have dirty, ass-licking cunt sucking fuck sex.

As someone who identifies as queer/gay/faggot/ AND plan on having children, i sure as hell know that i will present my children with an accurate reflection of our diverse family groups, and not some homogenous cookie cut facade. Moreover, i know that my children, regardless of having faggots for parents, will be ten times more adjusted than any children that grow up in a heterosexual vacuum and then consequently freak out when they hear about 'the gays.'

Last edited:
^^ good post :)

The more education about homosexuality the better. If it was just accepted as part of mainstream society then there wouldn't even be this big issue. It isn't a big deal but unfortunately even today it still seems to be. Granted it's MORE accepted but it's more just tolerated.

i spose next we'll be teaching kids that the laws of physics don't count, and that north ends of magnets will be attracted to other north ends..

that you don't need a positive and a negative to complete an electrical circuit.. only two positives or two negatives..

it goes against general nature...

that being said, like anything in life that occurs as people get older, wait for the kids to be able to discover things by themselves...

maybe they should run goverment funded school excursions for primary kids to the beat or play outdoors the day the navy starts drafting.

seriously though, candyslut said it already, why the fuck does this take 5 pages to pee through the layers (you know like shreks onion layers).
deal with it people, gay or not.

that being said, like anything in life that occurs as people get older, wait for the kids to be able to discover things by themselves...

and what about the kids being raised by same sex parents? Should they wait until they are older? Think they will notice.

Again though... this is the kind of thinking I was talking about earlier. Why is this something that needs to be found out about? Like it's a dirty secret that can't be talked about. Oh it might offend someone.

Something else that's interesting towards gay rights....

Heterosexual Privelege

By Linda Ketner

Heterosexual privilege, like white privilege, seems to operate largely unconsciously, with no malice. There are everyday ways in which heterosexual people enjoy unearned privilege without even recognizing their advantages.

If I am a Heterosexual:

1. I can go into a music store and find the language of my sexual orientation represented in the lyrics.

2. Television and movies reflect my relationships in widely diverse and nonstereotypical ways.

3. My children are given texts and information at school that validates my sexual orientation.

4. Society encourages me to marry and celebrates my commitment.

5. As a responsible and loving parent, I won't lose my children in a custody battle because of my sexual orientation.

6. I can easily buy postcards, books, greeting cards, and magazines featuring relationships like mine.

7. I don't have to worry about being fired or denied housing because of my sexual orientation.

8. I can be sure that if my spouse is in the hospital and incapacities, I can visit and will be consulted about any decisions that need to be made.

9. Insurance provided by my employer covers my spouse and my children.

10. Hand holding with my love is seen as acceptable and endearing.

11. I can serve my country in the military without lying or keeping silent about my family.

12. I can keep pictures of my loved one on my desk at work without fear or reprisal.

13. I will receive all of my deceased spouse's estate, tax-free.

14. I never need to change pronouns when describing the events of my life in order to protect my job, my family, or my friendships.

15. If I'm a teenager, I can enjoy dating, first loves, and all the social approval of learning to love appropriately.

16. If I'm called to work with children or to serve God (in most denominations). I don't have to violate my integrity and lie in order to keep my job.

17. As a responsible and loving adult, I can adopt without lying about my sexual orientation.

18. I feel welcomed and accepted in my church.

19. I can be certain that my children won't be harassed because of my sexual orientation.

20. I can count on my community of friends, strangers, and institutions to celebrate my love and my family, mourn my losses, and support my relationships.

Certainly, none of the "privileges" listed for heterosexuals should be denied to the holders. Expectations that neighbors will be decent to you and that your sexual orientation will not cost you your job, your children, or your life should be the norm in any principled society.

^ That list makes me sad :(

On a similar note, I just bought a book about gay and lesbian parenting. Very insightful. It's never too early to educate myself :)

^^^In the words of our country's most beloved purveyor of bigotry, "please explain".

I have reproduced the two points below of which you speak. Please explain how they are false for heterosexuals.

As someone who has only ever found stereotypical depictions of gay relationships in the mainstream media, I would love to know where the non-stereotypical depictions are so that I don't have to look so hard in future...

1. I can go into a music store and find the language of my sexual orientation represented in the lyrics.

2. Television and movies reflect my relationships in widely diverse and nonstereotypical ways.

preacha said:
the post is bullshit
points 1 and 2 are utterly false

And 9 and 13 are questionable.

But the general sentiment is correct.