• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tackling the bigger issues - Gay education to kids

Relates to deleted post

I always thought the same thing about rednecks, but then i realized I wouldn't have anyone to openly mock on a public forum

ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary Poppins said:
^ word. attributing every perceived negative comment he makes to insecurity is about as old as his sniping, I would posit ;)

However. Preacha - the main problem I have with your argument is that if you refer to the original post, the 'education' in question was story books in a day care centre.

I would suggest that this method of education that you are so concerned would be impacting on the far more valuable pursuits of reading, writing and 'rithmatic would actually not be taking up any extra time at all - being that reading/story time is a fairly normal activity for children before reading age.

Are you still going to argue that we can't waste precious learning hours shaping our children's minds with exposure to the diversity that they will be surrounded with as soon as they leave the (assumably and hopefully) safe enclaves of school and home?

I agree that taking an hour out of children's weeks for gay-ducation might not be the solution, and indeed might further breed a culture of exclusivity/seperationist thinking, but I truly believe if other sexualities (and again, I baulk that you compare this to religion, a true matter of choice) were integrated into education from a young age, this could not help but reinforce that they are normal, functioning members of society.

great post. It's not really about teaching kids all about gay sex and the ins and outs of it (umm so to speak) but rather just show them family structure diversity WHILE reading etc so it's not like it's taking up extra valuable time from their lessons.