• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Synthetic Cannabinoids Thread

If they had a safety thresh hold for cannabis like they do for alcohol perhaps the miners and other employees that get drug tested would leave the synthetics alone. I cant see that happening any time soon though. They should be interested in impairment levels not in detection of recreational use.

The current roadside saliva testing has a cut off level for Cannabis so therefore is testing for a level of impairment. We went over it years ago in the now closed roadside drug testing thread.

Has anyone tried 2-NE1 / APICA - 1-​pentyl-​N-​tricyclo[3.3.1.13,​7]dec-​1-​yl-​1H-​indole-​3-​carboxamide ?

Synthetic drugs ban support flagged by Federal Health Minister Tanya Plibersek

The Federal Government says it is willing to work with New South Wales over moves to ban chemically generated synthetic drugs.

The State Government has indicated it could introduce a 90-day interim ban as early as this week.

Synthetic drugs have similar effects to marijuana and speed, and can have side-effects like kidney failure and seizures.

The death of a Central Coast truck driver last year was linked to synthetic drugs.

A parliamentary report shows manufacturers of synthetic drugs are avoiding bans on chemical compounds by tweaking the makeup of their products.

After the release of the report last week, fair trading officers conducted surveillance on known traders.

A spokesman for NSW Fair Trading Minister Anthony Roberts says this move will allow them to act quickly once they get national approval for an interim ban.

He says the State Government will also speak with other jurisdictions about a more permanent ban.

Federal Health Minister Tanya Plibersek says she is still to speak with NSW but will consider the idea.

"Certainly if they need any support I'm very happy to talk to the Health Minister and the Fair Trading Minister, [who] I think is also involved," she said.

"These are very dangerous substances, in some instances we've heard of some very concerning reports of people having psychotic episodes and other types of illnesses.

"So we've very open to an approach from New South Wales.

"It's very difficult to keep up with the newly invented drugs but I have to say, it is mind boggling that given how little we know about these substances, how little we know about their ingredients and the way that they're created, that people are prepared to take them."

The trade in these types of synthetic drugs is estimated to be worth $200 million in New South Wales and $600 million nationally.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-02/plibersek-flags-support-for-nsw-ban-of-synthetic-drugs/4727908

The current roadside saliva testing has a cut off level for Cannabis so therefore is testing for a level of impairment. We went over it years ago in the now closed roadside drug testing thread.

I didn't realise that: will check the archives for that one. Not sure if this is something that employers use though? I know for alcohol the work place limit is much lower than the driving limit.
Given that it is detectable for so much longer than alcohol I'm not sure how employers would draw a line...

Townsville man says synthetic drugs nearly killed him

161924-legal-drugs.jpg

Townsville man claims 'fake' drugs nearly killed him
Says synthetic alternatives are far worse than things like cocaine
Queensland police now blitzing businesses selling the drugs

A TOWNSVILLE boilermaker, who was hooked on so-called "legal highs" for two years, says synthetic cannabis almost killed him and destroyed his life.

Bill, who did not want his surname published, said he went from being a productive full-time employee to a "jittery" addict who would leave his work early so he could get a fix.

"I tried a lot of different things (drugs) when I was a young bloke but this stuff, nothing comes close to it," Bill said.

"I have done marijuana, ecstasy trips, cocaine, but nothing comes close to what that s--t did to me."

Queensland police have been blitzing businesses selling synthetic drugs, with a search warrant executed in Mackay yesterday.

Townsville police also raided local adult shops, corner stores, tobacconists and an alternative lifestyle shop last week, resulting in a number of arrests.

Mount Isa police have reported drivers so high they believed uniformed officers were aliens "out to get them" while health authorities have warned that users have presented to emergency departments with serious physical and mental health consequences as a result of taking synthetic drugs.

Despite this, the Townsville Bulletin has received numerous texts from readers defending the illegal product.

Bill, 38, said he turned to synthetic drugs after workplace drug testing started at mine sites around Australia, and admits to spending $250 a fortnight on synthetic cannabis at Townsville retailers at his peak.

"Even that wasn't enough," Bill said. "I was well and truly hooked on the stuff and when I didn't have it, I would think about it constantly."

Bill started smoking synthetic cannabis in 2011. Initially, the highs were relaxing but short-lived, and soon he was smoking up to 20 "buckets" a night.

But in September 2012, his addiction to synthetic cannabis took an ugly turn, when a sensation like "my body was in a vortex" overcame him, and he ended up curled up in the foetal position on the dining room floor.

"I felt like I was on fire, like I was cooking from the inside out and my chest and arms felt they were going to pop," he said. "I felt like I was going to die."

Despite this, Bill's addiction to synthetic cannabis continued, with numerous other "turns" before he sought help.

On one occasion, Bill said he dragged his partner around the house, not because he wanted to hurt her but because he thought his life depended on her being with him.

On another, he walked straight past his family, sat in his car and could not move for 20 minutes.

With tears in his eyes, Bill recalled the moment that snapped him out of his addiction. His daughter was home when he had a bad reaction to the chemical high.

"That was it for me," he said. "I knew things had gone too far. That was the last straw."

Bill sought help through a workplace counsellor, and has been off synthetic cannabis since January.

He is just grateful for the support of his partner throughout his dark period, and has issued a warning to other users.

"I know a lot of other guys, and women for that matter, who are still using it," he said.

"But this s--t is dangerous and it worries me that people are defending it, calling for it to be legalised."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...im/story-fneuzlbd-1226657166298#ixzz2VEFcOZwr

I'm not impressed how they have used that shop in the background pic, even if it is where this dude got his supplies from. I've bought stuff online from this place before and they were heaps nice and helpful.

Okay it's dangerous and stupid as hell and tastes gross and is noticeably more addictive then the real thing.. But some of us are on probation for years and, though it sucks, it still gets me at least through the day stoned.

Okay it's dangerous and stupid as hell and tastes gross and is noticeably more addictive then the real thing.. But some of us are on probation for years and, though it sucks, it still gets me at least through the day stoned.

That's the dilemna. It beats carrying a Whizinator in your pants.

2-NE1 / APICA is pretty crap, wish I never wasted money on it now. It comes on immediately but lasts about 10 minutes, at least AM-2201 lasted around 20 and was quite euphoric.

I have waited a long time to post on this subject. I think we can all agree that marijuana users in AU would much prefer to be able to buy the real thing grown organically, packaged sold and and taxed much like the cigarette or alcohol model. Unfortunately we, in this "Free" society we called Australia, are moving further and further away from this. My biased opinion would say that Australia is becoming more like Singapore every year... Anyway.
Lets be realistic. Australia is awash with Synthetic MJ products. Whether this is because we're finally at a tipping point in the War on Drugs; people need to provide clean piss for their jobs or perhaps they are just tired of dealing with the stereotypical Pot dealers it matters not. We are here.

In a harm reduction site such as this I think we should name and describe prominent brands, where they are sold and their effects.
We should also maybe consider a duality of approach in discussion as well. Pre ban June 2012 and post ban. July - 2013 and beyond.

****All these synthetics are a herb sprayed with a research chemical. They seem, in general, shorter acting, more intense hence more addictive.
Pre ban at least we mostly knew it was JWH ect...
Post ban is another thing all

Club X is making a killing out of this stuff. Noone knows whats in it but they don't care. why should they.

After a couple of years of experimenting with all these synths, I would not smoke unless I had a benzo around. Some are worse than others but they are all bad. Buy real weed if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey just a heads up that right now we do not allow the mention of brand names of legal highs.

.....****All these synthetics are a herb sprayed with a research chemical. They seem, in general, shorter acting, more intense hence more addictive. ....

That's very interesting hunter1! Although it wouldn't surprise me, do you have any evidence to back this up? This does also lead me to a question, what arrogates me (and a big reason I don't use products from "Herbal High"-type stores) is that they don't tell you what's in/on the product! You have no idea what is being put into your body which of course happens with illegal substances, but if they want to run a business and sell a product (geez even herbal - and I mean "real" herbal - products must declare what is in the product!).

Edit: Yay to me, hitting the 1111th post! =D

Hey just a heads up that right now we do not allow the mention of brand names of legal highs.
Hah, after trying the first one a few years ago, i never touched them since then, today, well yesterday now, i was thinking about trying some.
i thought i would come here and see if people have worked out what products contain whatever cannabinoid, and which ones are just that damiana shit with no chemicals, you know, for harm reduction and we can't mention brand names?
I would rather at least know what some guesses would be, then smoking some unidentified cannabinoid..
I remember there use to be a legal high thread where people were mentioning products, i mean saying no brand names allowed is contrary to harm reduction..

.....and which ones are just that damiana shit with no chemicals, you know, for harm reduction and we can't mention brand names?....

As far as I read the T&Cs, the actual chemical name isn't a problem (provided evidence, such as what is written on the the bottle - how ever little "evidence" that is lol). However speculation/guessing of what could be in the concoction should be frowned upon (imo)!! Irrespective of this, scientific, lab/variable controlled assays must be taken before ANYONE can talk about addiction potentional, harm, MOA, correct ROA, kinetics/dynamics, blah blah (first year pharmacology lessons)!

I haven't read the BL T&Cs Of Use in a while, however I can see the reasoning behind both "sides" (I put "sides" in inverted commas since there's not really an argument regarding the use of brand names or not).

Be safe, titrate (you can always take more, never take the "too much" out the body, if you know what I mean :) ) your dose, set/setting, good luck!

Peace fellow BLers! :)

Hah, after trying the first one a few years ago, i never touched them since then, today, well yesterday now, i was thinking about trying some.
i thought i would come here and see if people have worked out what products contain whatever cannabinoid, and which ones are just that damiana shit with no chemicals, you know, for harm reduction and we can't mention brand names?
I would rather at least know what some guesses would be, then smoking some unidentified cannabinoid..
I remember there use to be a legal high thread where people were mentioning products, i mean saying no brand names allowed is contrary to harm reduction..

Head over to the incense forum. The speculation you request is over there. Read up on the side effects and addiction potential as well.

If harm Minimisation is the aim of this site then in this specific situation I would argue the converse. There are exceptions to all rules. In this situation we have legal products being sold that do not list ingredients and "guessing" what actual RC's is in these different brands is impossible and only adds further confusion. In this case we can at least attempt to compare apples with apples through brand identification and retail outlet sold in. It's the only tool available. It's a sticky situation because in general the no brands ect is a good rule. This rule though is there to stop people subjective nonsense discussions about illegal drugs. I had a headache this morning and took 2 Panadols. Legal product but I mentioned a brand name. Did I break the rules and if so what impact did it have if I did?

I am not trolling and respect the moderators role in this forum. I think that as long as no one is endorsing or dissing a particular brand then identifying the products we can identify we can at least eatablish a basis for comparison of these Legal products.

The problem with the other happy herb sites is that people who make the stuff are endorsing stuff that they have a personal financial interest in. While this stuff is a legal product sold in particular stores I think it would be irresponsible to not attempt to identify and compare the differences because there are clearly different drugs in the variety of the commercial market.

Peace

Differences; it's up to an extremity of potency, where 1 puff would get you completely with even the highest weed/honey oil tolerance. If you hold the puffs in too long, it can fuck with your head and possibly make you twitch/give you mini-seizures. Some synths are a lot like the real thing, others make you trip out. Unlike natural cannabis, which lowers your blood pressure, this raises it. It's much, much, much more addictive and you can end up with slight withdrawals which include symptoms such as not wanting to eat food, food tasting like cardboard, irritability, fatigue, the sensation of there being a bubble inside your stomach (cramps more or less), headaches when used for long periods of time, and insomnia. Trust me withdrawals can be much worse. Also, it's harsher and often tastes like pussy lol. If you're on probation and looking for a strong smoke that gets you stoned I do recommend the synth'd cannabinoids.

If harm Minimisation is the aim of this site then in this specific situation I would argue the converse. There are exceptions to all rules. In this situation we have legal products being sold that do not list ingredients and "guessing" what actual RC's is in these different brands is impossible and only adds further confusion. In this case we can at least attempt to compare apples with apples through brand identification and retail outlet sold in. It's the only tool available. It's a sticky situation because in general the no brands ect is a good rule. This rule though is there to stop people subjective nonsense discussions about illegal drugs. I had a headache this morning and took 2 Panadols. Legal product but I mentioned a brand name. Did I break the rules and if so what impact did it have if I did?

I am not trolling and respect the moderators role in this forum. I think that as long as no one is endorsing or dissing a particular brand then identifying the products we can identify we can at least eatablish a basis for comparison of these Legal products.

The problem with the other happy herb sites is that people who make the stuff are endorsing stuff that they have a personal financial interest in. While this stuff is a legal product sold in particular stores I think it would be irresponsible to not attempt to identify and compare the differences because there are clearly different drugs in the variety of the commercial market.

Peace

Spot on. With this stuff, I think there is a lot of scamming and deceiving going on. You can never know which stuff is overpowering, which tastes awful, which has tons of stems and twigs and even pebbles, which is a lot like the real thing, which ones are just marketed and don't work at all, ect.

Synthetic cannabis linked to series of Queensland deaths

STATE coroner Michael Barnes has written to the Chief Health Officer to warn of a spate of Queensland deaths linked to synthetic cannabis.

Mr Barnes wrote to Dr Jeannette Young this week about the "cluster'' of four deaths, including two teenage fatalities, so she could consider a public warning.

Three separate deaths last month and a fourth in December had links to the illegal designer drug, sold online and in some shops.

Health cuts raise new disease fears

"The evidence currently to hand indicates the deceased persons may have consumed synthetic cannabis in the hours or days before their death,'' Mr Barnes told The Courier-Mail yesterday.

"Toxicology results are yet to be finalised demonstrating whether the drug was causally linked to the deaths.''

Police informed the coroner of the cases as part of requirements to report any violent or unnatural deaths.

Mr Barnes declined to comment on the circumstances of each case but they are understood to involve a 17-year-old man who was taken to a north Queensland hospital on 10 May; a

29-year-old man who plunged from a Gold Coast building on 6 May; a 15-year-old boy taken to a central Queensland hospital on 4 May and a 36-year-old woman who was found dead at a north Queensland home on 12 December

An inquest could be held into the deaths if the coroner identified a need to alert the public of a serious danger from synthetic cannabis.

Chemicals are added to plant material to create synthetic cannabis, which is then sold under a names including Kronic.

New laws introduced in April made it a criminal offence to possess, sell or traffic any substance with an intended similar effect to a dangerous drug.

Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie has also banned 33 new substances this year in a crackdown on synthetic drugs, while police have launched a series of raids.

"Our synthetic drug laws are the toughest in the country," Mr Bleijie said yesterday.

Detective Inspector Mark Slater from the state drug investigation unit said synthetic cannabis could be more powerful than the traditional drug it imitated.

"The type of things you see are high heart rates, high blood pressure,'' he said.

"There's other things like mental health issues as well like anxiety attacks, disorientation, hallucinations, paranoia and in some instances, depending on the make-up of the individual and their mental state, can lead to suicide.''

Insp Slater also confirmed links between synthetic drugs and recent deaths.

"There was a recent death on the Gold Coast and there have been other deaths around the state where the presence of synthetic drugs have been identified through post mortem examinations,'' he said.

"There's none really to say these types of drugs were the direct cause of any of the deaths. But certainly we're aware of the presence of some of these synthetic drugs.''

Police seized 7kg of synthetic drugs and charged four people after Operation Lima Evergreen in Townsville.

Synthetic cannabis was also recently found at businesses in Mount Isa and Mackay.

Read more: http://www.couriermail.com.au/natio...hs/story-fnii5v6w-1226663431294#ixzz2WAi8oJKU