• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Synthetic Cannabinoids Thread

Synthetic cannabis ingredients seized by customs while bound for Queensland drug market

POLICE say 180kg of plant material destined to be turned into synthetic cannabis in Queensland has been seized by airport customs officers.

Chemicals seized by police in a raid on a New Farm home two weeks ago were due to be added to the plant material to create the designer drug.

Detective Inspector Mark Slater from the state drug investigation unit said synthetic cannabis was packaged at the suburban property.

"There was a seizure of liquid and powder chemicals plus 180kg of the leaf material at the (international) border by customs, which we believe were bound for the New Farm site,'' Insp Slater told The Courier-Mail.

"At the moment it is still under investigation but there will be charges emanating from that.''

Investigations are continuing into the distributor as Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young warns the effects of synthetic cannabis use are unclear.

Share on email
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on google_plusone_share
FROM THE HOMEPAGE
Sattler considers tilt at federal politics

FIFO workers accept pay cuts

"Synthetic cannabinoids are essentially research chemicals that are not approved for human consumption,'' Dr Young wrote in a letter to State Coroner Michael Barnes yesterday.

"Little is known about their side effects, adverse reactions, dependence potential, the long term damage from regular use or their safety particularly when used by humans.

"It is clear, however, that these chemicals are being added, in varying combinations, to a range of products to give the cannabis-like subjective effects.

"These products are also being used in increasing quantities as an alternative to cannabis to avoid detection in drug screening tests.''

The Courier-Mail yesterday revealed three deaths last month and a fourth in December - including the death of two teenagers - had links to synthetic cannabis.

The state coroner alerted Ms Young to the deaths in a letter this week so she could consider a public warning.

Ms Young says synthetic cannabis was banned in 2011 and it was up to police to warn of dangers.

Insp Slater said synthetic cannabis was previously imported as a completed product but police were finding production was taking place locally.

"We are seeing more instances whereby chemicals are certainly being imported but the actual preparation of the final product is happening here in Queensland,'' he said.

The New Farm raid was the third on a major distribution point after busts at a commercial storage shed on the Gold Coast in 2011 and at a home at Ormeau last year.

"All of those matters are currently in either the investigation phase or before the courts,'' he said.

"Disrupting the preparation and distribution sides is an important aspect of what we do.

"It is similar to the same way that we have a fairly concerted effort to disrupt the clan lab (clandestine laboratory) production sites.''

Police have also recently raided businesses selling synthetic cannabis in Townsville, Mackay and Mt Isa.

In the New Farm case, charges could only be brought after the completion of laboratory testing of the seized chemicals.

"Cannabis is fairly obvious and it's a fairly simple process to get an analysis for cannabis.

"With these types of drugs we go through the process of getting what we seize analysed, so that you know you're actually dealing with a dangerous drug and you can determine what substance it is. There are a range of different substances.''

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/nat...land-drug-market/story-fnii5v6y-1226664007357

Azron posted this over in the Mega Busts thread. It is the first time I have seen vomiting officially listed as a result of abuse.

The DEA and its law enforcement partners announced the largest ever synthetic drug takedown taking place throughout the United States and abroad. (AFP/Mandel Ngan)

Washington. US officials announced the largest-ever bust of a global synthetic drugs ring Wednesday, seizing thousands of pounds of illicit drugs and arresting 225 people in five countries.

Authorities seized up to 3,300 pounds (1,500 kilograms) of “dangerous designer synthetic drugs” that were manufactured in Asia, notably China and India, and trafficked to the United States and Australia, where dealers sold them to youths and young adults, the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) said.

The DEA described Project Synergy, which began last December but culminated Wednesday when most of the arrests were made, as the largest synthetic designer drug bust in law enforcement history.”

The drugs are part of a swelling group of illicit compounds that traffickers have begun marketing in the West in recent years, often attempting to skirt laws by barely modifying the chemical makeup of products like incense, bath salts or jewelry cleaner.

The drugs — synthetic cannibinoids that can provide a marijuana-like high, or synthetic cathinones that are stimulant hallucinogens — are marketed under brand names like “Spice,” “K2,” “Vanilla Sky” or “Bliss” and sold in colorful, youth-oriented packaging, often with comic book characters on the cover.

US officials say abuse of the drugs can lead to vomiting, seizures, hallucinations, high blood pressure, organ damage and loss of consciousness.

Several overdoses, mainly of people between age 12 and 29, have led to emergency room visits and even deaths, the DEA said.

“The bottom line is that these drugs are being marketed to the most vulnerable part of our society, which is teenagers and young adults,” DEA chief of operations James Capra told reporters in announcing the bust.

He said millions of dollars in profits from the drug trafficking were being funneled to groups in the Middle East. While Capra would not be drawn on exactly which groups were involved, citing the ongoing investigation, he strongly hinted that terror networks were involved.

“You have this convergence out there, more so today than ever before, of terror groups funding their operations through the sale of narcotics around the globe,” Capra said.

Officials highlighted the international nature of the operation, particularly the involvement of agents in Australia, where the synthetic drugs have been marketed.

The seizure “is a terrific result for law enforcement agencies across the globe,” said Australia’s Acting Ambassador to the United States Graham Fletcher.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/international/us-makes-largest-ever-bust-of-global-synthetic-drug-ring/

I went through the whole thread because my sister is doing a report on synthetic cannabinoids, what i'm after is any sort of legit tests of the original pre ban blends from australia, or even if people know the exact chemicals used in certain blends, i know the original kronic had JWH-018, there was also the pineapple express? which had phenazepam and 073 right? what about northern lights? or if any contained the CP or HU chemicals here in australia, but those were just from the original spice brand which never was sold here right?

Also that news report above is ridiculous, cathinones are stimulant hallucinogens? laundering money through the middle east? terror groups? right now terror groups are too busy working on destroying syria while being backed by the US, kinda funny when its the bloody US that has caused the spike in afghan heroin, its the chinese that are producing all these synthetic cannabinoids and various other RCs because the west has a huge demand for drugs and the chinese gov don't give a shit as the labs clearly make enough to pay them off, plus it means more money for chinas economy.

Well put, there's not much basis to the marketed effects of these chemicals. And oh god, the generalizations. Meph is nowhere near MDPV. And as far as the whole syria thing, well shit, who supplied those chemical weapons in the first place, decades ago? ;)

Tried the original spice the CP47 hu211 or whatever blend was quite good and it got you smashed for ages. Then the JWH was good although after smoking a few ounces had severe respiratory infection. The Am 2201 was nice if you didn't hit one cone to many and end up green on the floor for 30 minutes. RCS4 and 8 were shit. UR 144 or whatever was ok but you'd smoke like 3 grams in a few hours it was that addictive. I think it was Am 2223 that gave me a full on K hole experience. SRT135 or whatever tasted like shit and did fuck all as well. AKB 48 was the last synth I have knowingly tried and got seizures. This new shit is just fucking wrong only smoke it if I'm coming down of ice, got no weed at ahnd and the K and xanax are not helping as much as I'd like... which is almost never these days. Syria was probably the french or maybe the USSR your guess is as good as anyone else... maybe SGT 42 is really what they used lol.

Tried some this week out of sheer desperation and I can say that the stuff I brought was extremely intense, it wasn't labelled per se and the lady who sold it too me pulled it from under the counter (she admitted to not having it on display), this was after having a discussion with her about using Spice about 4 years ago. Anyway no idea what was in it but the effects lasted for over 2-3 hours with slight effect still being felt after 4 hours. No addictive properties though but a single toke was all that was required to feel the effects instantly.

No substitute for the real thing but was an interesting experience, smelt very nice too.

I've posted someplace before I got addicted to the JWH series of chems and the AM2201, AM694 and AM 2223 or whatever but this new shit is bad Period. Fuck the new blends and play with them at your very great risk. All I have to say. I've smoked on and off since 2006 with some of the cp47 and hu211 or whatever was meant to be in them and each batch gets more toxic and dodgy stay away is my advice or end up with mucous that becomes like crystal when dried. Just my advice... Probably done some serious cardiovascular damage and vascular bleeds.... The compounds I ingested were from vendors who were advertising the products as such, most of the time. Also there was a Kiwi based analysis available online with GCMS results for most of the popular brands outining the contents that were being sold in NZ and in OZ. Most of these "brands" no longer exist ie Kronic. After the first 2011 ban things became a lot more guarded, at least in this part of the world (NZ, Aus) with the chemicals used. The negative impact on my health has been extensive, as was my addiction. Everything from Cardiac irregularities, circulatory issues and mucus that would dry and form crystals in my bathroom sink. Also the mucus was difficult to wash away even when hot water was applied, very sticky. Probably have brain damage from my use of these goddamn chemical poisons. Can be very addictive.

Last edited:
I have only smoked synthetic cannabinoids on a handful of occasions, having never purchased synthetic cannabis I couldn't tell you what "brand" or what compound I ingested - however, on all but one occasion, the most recent (and last), I found it to be a pretty mediocre substitute for cannabis. It kinda gets you stoned but doesn't last very long and I have heard of all kinds of bad reactions people have had to some of these synthetic cannabinoids.

The last time I tried some, a friend gave me just a little pinch, and I rolled a joint with a few crumbs of the "legal" shit that he had bought from a local tobacconist. I was aware that you don't need much, unless you want a full on anxiety attack, so I really rolled a tiny little joint. Anyway, smoked it out on the balcony before I went out. After I finished it, I smoked it pretty quickly as I was in a hurry to get somewhere to deal with more pressing matters. :) I felt a bit stoned and relaxed and off I went. Now, a couple minutes walk from my house is a huge ass steep concrete stair case that goes down the side of a massive hill and it ends at the bus stop. I was walking down these stairs and writing a text message at the same time. All of a sudden, I felt like I lost control of reality and something had taken control over where I was putting my feet, descending these stairs - I had a full on freak out, where I just yelled "Fuck!", tripped, and missed a step landing on and stubbing my toe, pretty badly. It was like a brain zap. My toe was pissing out blood, and I was only in a pair of thongs so they too were covered in blood, and from there I started freaking out even more. I started getting these feeling like something really bad, really evil, was going to happen, and a little voice inside my head said, with a sinister sort of vibe, "There is something evil greater than you are aware of.", "Do you think you just tripped a cut your toe, by accident?". I managed to get to the end of the stair case and kept telling myself that this must be a reaction to the synthetic cannabis, and to calm down, that it's just the drugs.. Then I started stressing out, thinking what am I going to do when I get to the bus stop and I have to stop and sit down and have all that time to think until the bus gets there.. Anyway, after about 30 minutes or so, this passed and I nursed my toe on the hour bus ride into town, sworn off synthetic cannabinoids for life.

That is the worst "freak out" I have had from drugs, and I have experimented with a huge array of different kinds of drugs: stimulants, sedatives, opiates, psychadelics, disassociatives, cannabis, etc, etc.

Just remembered that little incident, and I had been meaning to post that experience in this thread for some time.

A. <3

Ive had a very similar experience, over whelmed with dark thoughts and reality starts morphing and started feeling impending sense of doom

All from holding one cone in for longer than usual

Never again.

ok people just had medical and blood pressure quite high from being perfect only a year ago nothing in life has changed apart from heavy smoking of latest generation of noids available. Maybe not connected at all but anyone smoking these it may not be a bad idea to keep an eye on their own.
Just a thought

hey im new to this stuff i smoke real weed i know the cannibinoids are extreamly dangerous when abued or taken regularly. iv seen firsthand people lossing there mind almost like how some people who smoked too much pcp act like . but i have friend who is trying to find it because of his probation, so what is the best longest acting cann thats at leastusa legal out, Abpinica,, ab fuinica, pb22 or 5f pb22 or another if i missed thank everybody

Most are illegal in australia these days and there are now testw which pick it up in your system so i would suggest to your 'friend' dont bother.

Although pb22 had quite a long duration (crap high imo) except the dose curve was crazy, if you have even 1mg more than u should you get sent into a horrible dark scary mindfuck limbo, impending doom for like an hour and half. This shit is just not worth it.

Fucking shit is still sold all over the place up here in QLD. I think the pb22 has been replaced by something else but agree 100% with AFA that shit would really mess you up with just a tiny pinch more than you needed. Dunno might pick some up next week just to see what new random junk they been shoving in it. Not sure exactly but one of the newer chems gives a nice cannabis high except only lasts 20 minutes and smoking more than a joint makes your lungs feel like you got caught in the trenches during a mustard gas attack circa 1917. Then again after reading that last sentence why would anyone bother?

Jesus Christ guys you guys need to grow your own fucking weed. you live in the Outback you guys have tons of prime acreage up there to grow big harvest fuck these noids

Last edited:
I have tried one called black mamba , very strong with about a 20 minute period of being monged out , basically not talking to ur friends just sitting there really stoned sometimes in this state even moving to fast can cause a sick feeling but I found it went on to a very strong but pleasant stone , I wouldn't recommend smoking this kind with friends as it made me anti social but alone watching a film or something could be fun , it can also increase heart rate do be careful people

Last edited:
I found the original synthetic blends by a certain famous NZ manufacturer to be quite wonderful - someone really took some care in perfecting the balances of CB1 and CB2 agonism, and created some of the best cannabinoid highs I've ever had. It also lasted about as long as the real thing, was cheaper than the real thing, but then as soon as the government banned the chemicals they were using, it all went to shit. It went from 'lets make this a pleasant alternative for people who can't have the real thing (for whatever reason)' to 'lets make this potent as fuck and as addictive as possible'. I've bought a few of the later blends, always hated them, but still chased the high and was never left with a scrap. It barely even resembles the high from cannabis anymore, and I'm sure I've had some blends that do more than simply affect the cannabinoid receptors, had some pretty dissociative experiences from some blends.

since the ban has been lifted apparently a lot more of the stronger stuff is starting to come back. got a new one called Warp Factor 9 at the no sources, thanks, it's Eros (an adults-only industry association) certified - whatever that means.... - the person at the store told me it means it has no chemicals in it and that its 'all natural'. got home rolled a joint of it, had 3 drags and felt uneasy, paranoia started to kick in and just felt like something was wrong. had some body sensations that ranged from water droplets hitting the skin to walking through long single strands spiderweb (the tickling of it getting stuck to your skin)... this was all from just 3 drags... overall pretty intense and i doubt that its all natural... it peaked pretty quickly (5-7 minutes) with a steep drop off (1-2 mins) with no after glow...

Last edited by a moderator: