• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Synchronicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how exactly did you come to the conclusion that the world is made of patterns upon patterns? I think it's just a feature (or limitation) of our brain that we even see or perceive patterns. I would define a pattern as a series of events with some level of organization. Therefore in order to perceive a pattern, one must also be able to perceive the flow of time. I would also go as far as to proclaim that time itself is merely a perspective illusion; something that doesn't really exist universally despite us experiencing "time" in our brains/minds/memories.

I would disagree, the world is most certainly made of patterns upon patterns... the fractal nature of the universe is one of its most beauitiful facets. The way our veins match the roots of a tree which matches a blood vessel which matches the shape of the universe etc and so on and so forth.... as far as patterns in conversations go, i'd suggest taking a dose of LSD and going to sit in a public place with lots of conversation and notice the connections... when One person says a sentance, it is likely that someone close by is saying that same sentance relating to something else completely, and this continues on and on and on.

Here's my problem with this idea, although I am open-minded to the possibility of some sort of higher "communication" - if the universe wanted to communicate with us, why would it be so damn subtle? You'd think if there were some higher intelligence wishing to make itself known, it would do something outrageously obvious, like possess a toaster to burn a piece of toast with the letters "I AM GOD" or something like that, right?
futurama got it perfectly imo

tumblr_m2s8omoMdF1qcmwsio1_500.gif

it wouldn't work any other way

Or... do it sober.... but it may be hard to pick up on the patterns if you are not aware of them in the first place...

I would disagree, the world is most certainly made of patterns upon patterns... the fractal nature of the universe is one of its most beauitiful facets. The way our veins match the roots of a tree which matches a blood vessel which matches the shape of the universe etc and so on and so forth.... as far as patterns in conversations go, i'd suggest taking a dose of LSD and going to sit in a public place with lots of conversation and notice the connections... when One person says a sentance, it is likely that someone close by is saying that same sentance relating to something else completely, and this continues on and on and on.

Well in a way you are at the root of the problem I'm trying to describe here, that our perceptive tools (the brain, our senses) are inherently flawed. It is your mind that has created all these separations allowing you to witness all sorts of connections and patterns in the first place. At the bottom of it all they are artificial constructs of the human mind, not some universal truth, we have simply taken something that is whole - the universe - and torn it apart into trillions of interacting pieces and parts, probably because that is the only way we can make any sense of it all in for example a verbal manner. Language itself is quite an artificial construct indeed, yet it profoundly affects how we experience everything around us.

Uhh... There are patterns. Simple way things happen. A leads to B leads to C. Paths of least resistance. Yea the brain might produce flaws but its wiring to find these patterns isn't just some stupid random accident.

And it is highly without awareness of ourselves to say that because we make or perceive something that it is separate... That because something is made by us and "artificial" it is somehow more capable of being wrong, or something. Maybe we just don't know how to read.

But your way of viewing is useful.

I'm not really sure how people can just reduce things to the mind, or synchronicity, or one thing or another, as if they know for sure. I have some interesting views about the nature of reality, but certanties? It's hard to really do those.

The truth is that none of us really knows what's going on here, not 100% anyway. Maybe we pretend we know for own our security and sense of control, but really, nothing is in our control.

^good mind.

I tend to favor order, though. I like to see it. And I think that "patterns" are examples of high order. I'm just going off of words.

Maybe nature itself is "afraid" of being out of control, so it arranges itself around perceived likeness, and other things, like us. Not to say every level has what we might call perception, but what we call perception might spring from something we can't perceive, ourselves. At least always/easily. Some fundamental same at the bottom.

When I reduce, I still try to connect it back. I try to favor ordering. Sometimes I think some people are just taking things apart, and not putting it back together, or using the parts to try to make things better. But maybe someone needs to take it apart. Make it not work, so that someone might make it work, learn how it does, maybe make it work better.

As humans, we are great at putting order to things. Our potential is great. Nature is riding with us...

...Without something resembling a pattern, nothing could exist (to present a challenge). Maybe it is a semi pattern, if that exists. I don't know... But the general idea is "that way". A pattern supports. A pattern is the two legs, two arms, two eyes deal. Penis and vagina. There are deviations. And these things spring from some other basic, natural allowance.

I think if someone wants to see patterns, look no further than the stars. Right that can mean at least two things. But I mean planets. Celestial bodies, and relationships between them. Between 365-366 24 hr periods per revolution around the sun. 28-29 days for moon to go through phases. I don't know much about it, but I know that watching these things has allowed us to do many things we wouldn't have otherwise. Just because these orders aren't always going to be the same, doesn't mean there is not something to go off of... that there is not something there that might be like stars for travelers.

Last edited:
Halo 4. I got my highest possible rank- 130, on the 23rd of April. The game started, after enough players were found, at 23:23:01- a time found later. The first player I see in-game, I see the number 23. I look again. His name is Dazr2323.

We are both heading to the Banshee- an aerial assault vehicle. 23 is a number I am with. Not to say there aren't others that I don't notice, in ways, but it has a frequency unlike any other that I see.

I figure he being in front of me will get the craft and I start to change course, when he gets attacked and beat down by a guy on the blue team, named Friendly Dad C8. I run and get the craft before he can.

I score 12 points, and then I am highjacked by him- Friendly Dad. Him again. Then a guy named TheFallen4824 joins, and then Korrupt288.

The conclusion of the game comes with my using a Spartan Laser to knock a guy- GiveMeDatBooty, off of a Warthog turret. TheFallen was standing right next to me, I later found, watching the replay, studying some.

I was first place, and my team came in first. Dazr2323- The first guy I saw, was second on our team. Last on our team was TheFallen4824.

First on their team is PureSelf.
Last Dragonsoul1508.

Next game I lose against a SFKS Priest and X Nephillim X, and a Xelhanz. Several people quit. They won outnumbered.

The names aligned well. 23 being there at the end like many ends for me (and beginnings), the time being 23:23:01 when the game began and Dazr2323 my first sighted other, extending to TheFallen joining right after I get knocked out of my plane, falling to the ground... And PureSelf being my mirror on the other team, and Dragonsoul and TheFallen don't have to be too far, in associated imagery... This aligned to me.

23, to me... I was born many ways with it, and is around importance. So this happening here is confirming, to me.

I could probably go crazy with the other numbers. But I would do that in private.

Last edited:
Halo 4. I got my highest possible rank- 130, on the 23rd of April. The game started, after enough players were found, at 23:23:01- a time found later. The first player I see in-game, I see the number 23. I look again. His name is Dazr2323.

We are both heading to the Banshee- an aerial assault vehicle. 23 is a number I am with. Not to say there aren't others that I don't notice, in ways, but it has a frequency unlike any other that I see.

I figure he being in front of me will get the craft and I start to change course, when he gets attacked and beat down by a guy on the blue team, named Friendly Dad C8. I run and get the craft before he can.

I score 12 points, and then I am highjacked by him- Friendly Dad. Him again. Then a guy named TheFallen4824 joins, and then Korrupt288.

The conclusion of the game comes with my using a Spartan Laser to knock a guy- GiveMeDatBooty, off of a Warthog turret. TheFallen was standing right next to me, I later found, watching the replay, studying some.

I was first place, and my team came in first. Dazr2323- The first guy I saw, was second on our team. Last on our team was TheFallen4824.

First on their team is PureSelf.
Last Dragonsoul1508.

Next game I lose against a SFKS Priest and X Nephillim X, and a Xelhanz. Several people quit. They won outnumbered.

The names aligned well. 23 being there at the end like many ends for me (and beginnings), the time being 23:23:01 when the game began and Dazr2323 my first sighted other, extending to TheFallen joining right after I get knocked out of my plane, falling to the ground... And PureSelf being my mirror on the other team, and Dragonsoul and TheFallen don't have to be too far, in associated imagery... This aligned to me.

23, to me... I was born many ways with it, and is around importance. So this happening here is confirming, to me.

I could probably go crazy with the other numbers. But I would do that in private.
you posted this at 1:52. it's post #48. it contains 358 words. why didn't you mention those numbers? because they don't fit?

what do these have in common:

TheFallen4824
GiveMeDatBooty
Korrupt288
PureSelf
Dragonsoul1508

?

sounds to me like you have a hammer and everything is starting to look like a nail...

alasdair

Like I said in my post, I may not notice some. Thanks for pointing them out.

Also to me it reads 4:52 as post time.

What Pure"Self" and I have in common? Hmm... Really?
The Fallen and Korrupt? The fallen joins when I fall. And so does Korrupt. It is not a stretch Alasdairm. What do they have in common? Well besides falling being like in the context of calling something "The" fallen, something being corrupted, they both joined very close in time, after I fell, and both have numbers adding to the same. No big deal really. I think it is cool. It adds to my entertainment.. Ultimately what I make of it is private, for now... Until I am comfortable with a way to see, and say how it "connects".

I think you are assuming that just because you don't get it it is me with a hammer and a nail. Said the same thing to the guy on the first page you did. And what was the connection you missed? "God". You miss vital elements, and make judgments.

Back to PureSelf... He/she occupied the first position on the team I fought. ...A "mirror" in some sense. Who do fight?

GetDatBooty. It was kind of humorous. It was celebratory. My win at my max rank... 6 months of investment playing... I don't know. I did wonder too, but if I had to call it anything meaningful it is just that. Funny. But I did also add up numbers of all the names I saw in the game to find 157, which when inputted into Google I found something about a strain of E. Coli called O157... Which I associated with feces, which I might associate with booty/ass. How they connect. I won the game (with help of course). Booty was the decisive kill. Killed by me.

And some names and numbers in situations are just "extras", sometimes. The ones I list were the "stars" as they fell to my attention. I guess there could be more "secrets", but I try not to see "nails" everywhere/get too crazy. If I did that I'd bury myself... And I couldn't keep playing.

When in a conversation with just some, in a public place. When in a group project in a classroom... 27265189016552663674001001763ijkfa23

:)

Someone shouts your name at a train station...
Zero in.

I don't deny there are larger images, all inclusive. But I am a human. Small. I think. And like I said... I need to keep moving. For now. Or want to.

But I also want to look into all numbers... And what you presented as your why not, such as 1:52.

Last edited:
What Pure"Self" and I have in common? Hmm... Really?
seriously? in that case, how is his connection to you any more special than his connection to me (or anybody else on the planet for that matter?)
Also to me it reads 4:52 as post time.
local time.
You miss vital elements, and make judgments.
i don't think i'm missing vital elements, i just characterise them differently than you do.

you think there's something mystical and wonderful and special at play here. i see a bunch of mundane co-incidences and you trying to shoehorn the most tenuous of connections into pigeonholes of meaning.

wait.

i am posting bluelight and i just noticed i'm wearing a blue shirt today! what does this mean?

:)

alasdair

Last edited:
@Alasdairm-- I never said PureSelf did not apply to you.

But tell me how in this context? I am open.

I was just telling my story, and here YOU come! "What about the starving kids in Africa? Can they come sit at your dinner table in Las Vegas, too?".

From my point of view, you just don't get it. But you may be me. Reflection. Something I need. True.

*Shakes head*

Let's talk about Magicduck's post on the first page. You missed his connection. You thought you were poking holes but you are mistaken. I so easily saw his synchronicity. You must be trolling. You didn't even respond when I pointed out the connection that was so obvious... "God", for one.

Last edited:
@Alasdairm-- I never said PureSelf did not apply to you.

But tell me how in this context? I am open.
explain what you meant, exactly, by "What Pure"Self" and I have in common? Hmm... Really?" (so that i'm not assuming) and i'll elaborate. what do you and 'pureself' have in common?
"What about the starving kids in Africa? Can they come sit at your dinner table in Las Vegas, too?".
i have no idea what this means.
Let's talk about Magicduck's post on the first page. You missed his connection. You thought you were poking holes but you are mistaken. I so easily saw his synchronicity. You must be trolling. You didn't even respond when I pointed out the connection that was so obvious... "God", for one.
a huge percentage of the u.s. population identifies as deist (76% of the population alone identify as 'christian') so god coming up in conversation in a social setting 3 times in one night raises an eyebrow but it's hardly noteworthy. it's about the only thing mentioned in the tale which seems 'connected in any way. so many of the other 'amazing connections' in this thread are clutching at straws to me.

like i say, it's amazing to you. it's mundane to me. i'm not sure why i should be accused of trolling simply because i have a difference of opinion here?

alasdair

I guess you could be PureSelf...

As for my example, PureSelf was at the top of the list, in first place, on his team. I was at the top of my list. He would be my top competitor. The bottom of each list are TheFallen and Dragon soul... also somewhat self similar. Self being self... Pure self.

It was also my last game before maxing my rank out, which is kind of special to me.

The game was released 11/06/2012. I was born 06/11/1982. The first Halo was released on 11/15/2001. The time between my birth date and 11/06/2012 if I remember right in days is a string of numbers that comes out to 11151 or something. I need to look again. Looks same/similar. Why special? Why not another time? That's for another time. I noticed it then.

My first night of Halo 4 I took a break at exactly 3:43 A.M. 343 Studios made Halo 4. Their first solo contribution to the series. It made me smile inside... Maybe a little on the outside. I think I also played for something like 2 hours and 30 minutes or some 233 or something which of course hits with me. There was another I found. It was fun. And I was on a low dose of Mescaline.

...Then... And then I watched a show of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

I began to play a game called Dark Souls sometime last year. It takes place in a place of the undead. An undead world. A purgatory of sorts, some have called the world (or hell). Same day/within frame I get a job at a place (making fish tanks, just for detail). Looking up where it was in the map, to direct myself, there is a big green space so obviously "there", above/just north of the factory- A golf course called Purgatory.

Last edited:
I guess you could be PureSelf...

As for my example, PureSelf was at the top of the list, in first place, on his team. I was at the top of my list. He would be my top competitor. The bottom of each list are TheFallen and Dragon soul... also somewhat self similar. Self being self... Pure self.
it's not really any clearer why you think there's a connection between you and a user called 'pureself' but thanks for trying.

alasdair

You're welcome.

I guess I won't be a blatant ass...

I struggle with solipsist thought. I don't know the nature of it all. I think I might be dreaming. I think it might all be "in my head"... So to speak. I also question if I am dead. ...If I am just balancing myself through this life. If everything is mine... me. And dead or alive, no matter. I am here. I might have died once... But I am alive here.

Pure Self I took as "what I see is me", basically. Even if not in ways, it- the mode of thought is a teacher and holds truth to me. I can see it this way. But I also function with normal borders...

This coming at the end with once again beginning at 23:23 on 23 and my lead man with numbers 2323 (Dazr? Hmm) on my team Fallen when I fall from the air... And my "top enemy" as "pure self". Fallen with me at the end as I fire the final shot, that ends game that brings me to the highest rank. Finish with top score and Fallen lowest on team. With me. Unity. Top bottom.

23 I also connect with DNA... DNA being "self". Two of 23 (chromosomes) combine and replicate to make 1 human.

Last edited:
so you feel there's a connection to yourself because his name had the word self in it? well, don't you see that means his name is connected to everybody because everybody has a self.

this is what i'm talking about. that is not special or noteworthy in any way but you are choosing to load it with meaning. to me, this example is not even tenuous. it's completely non-existent.

fnord!

alasdair

After further consideration, this thread has been re-opened.

Please let's stay on topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.