• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Synchronicity

Status
Not open for further replies.
A girl I love posted a picture of Bug's Bunny holding a carrot, with a heart around them within a day, or two, of me buying a carrot for the first time in nearly a year, and having eaten parsnips for the very first time, feasting on them those days. Parsnips are in the carrot family, and taste like them, to me (but different), and smell as well like them (to me, but different).
another, to me, mundane coincidence...

alasdair

to some vantage or another, everything is mundane.

But she didn't post a picture of a carrot 183 days before, or after. She posted it that day, when I still had the taste of that family of plant in my mouth.

This is also written by a guy who can't eat anything but cannabis seeds, on a daily basis (as >99% of calories in the past couple of years) without his immune system attacking it, and this was a rare experiment in introducing/testing a food, for reactions. I guess to say that that is not mundane, is an assumption, based on another assumption that anything else exists, but my experience, which I can't prove. :)

I did successfully eat carrots, and parsnips, for some time. Tried to rotate them in and out of my diet, to stop from developing antigens to them, but eventually they began to swell my throat up. I was so happy when I began to eat them, and could. There was so much meaning. She was so on my plane! Wow! There's a reason for her! And this! A new food I can tolerate! I'm so excited! Yay! Thanks be to God!

Then...

...Awww.

What would be, for example, not "mundane" (common)?

Last edited:
nb. alasdairm writes off anything even remotely mysterious. always has.

people like that seem to me to be taking effort in avoiding situations in which they have to admit that they do not have a full understanding or control over their universal conceptions. imo, whilst there indeed is an association between synchronicity and paranoia, that is a hyper pattern recognition and a longing for attention, and this explains the delusion in many cases. i don't think this explanation sufficies for all instances.

Rangrz, forgive me, but I am not seeing anyone by those names in this thread. Can you detail more where and why you pulled those?

The license plate deal is really missing the point (although yea, valuable information to know especially in this, don't take offense, or think I am trying to incite big arguments). You are bringing up single "rare" things... Not inter-related, multi-weighted, "meaningful coincidences", which synchronicity is supposed to describe.

I admit, stepping back a little, that it is easy to find yourself (or be lost) "clutching at straws" (per alasdairm's words in earlier post) when it comes to things of this nature, though. I try to watch for it.

Another (safe for work)...
NSFW:
I live in Indianapolis. The Indy 500 is there. My dad got free tickets last year, and gave them to my brother and me. We go, and as I am walking up the bleachers to take my seat, I see a girl I know. I can look around, and see nobody else that I know. She is also the only girl from Indianapolis that I have any kind of contact with that could be considered frequent. I used to work with her, at a natural foods store, and I shop there. I know very, very few people here, hinted at that I know her the best, and I never hang out with her outside of friendly, sometimes playful conversation in our interaction. Basically I am a loner, for the most part.

So I see her there. I kind of hope she doesn't see me yet (but of course I hope she does). She does though, and waves. Smiles big. April Love. "What are the odds?" She says. I return this.

My seat is directly behind her.

My dad, per investigation, got the tickets from a different place from hers, and he lives an hour and half from me... And two hours from her group.

She was there with her best friend, and her friend's father, and brother. They own and operate a dough-nut shop. Vroom Vroom Vroooooooooooooooooooom.

Round, and round, and round...

Last edited:
Rangrz, forgive me, but I am not seeing anyone by those names in this thread. Can you detail more where and why you pulled those?

The license plate one is a quote from one of the most famous scientists of the 20th century, he won a Nobel Prize and more or less fathered quantum electrodynamics, the most precisely tested scientific theory to date, and more generally, fathered relativistic quantum field theories.

The second one is from a website, which focuses on debunking pseudoscience and bric-a-brac related beliefs.

Okay... It was the formatting that confused me. I figured out it wasn't handles from anyone in here, but I still don't know where exactly it was directed, or how to take it, considering it really didn't touch what it- Synchronicity, was, all-around. It was like seeing one dimension in a multi-dimensional image... to me. One line that might be put to a square shape. No offense. Necessary information-- Strengthening, but no follow through (but perhaps that's best left to the reader?).

Synchronicity isn't just pointing out the improbable... It is when multiple things happen in accordance with the thoughts of one, or many sharing the same, or connecting experience, which they perceive as somehow meaningful, to them. Though as I did say, the material you provided works. I just had some issues understanding what you meant, in the context/where to apply it here/in response to whom.

Perhaps by the same sciences, yes, even these events that are really meaningful, and with the multiple weights with "meaning" to people, in all their "improbability", they can be seen as nothing if not extremely likely to occur, repeatedly. The exact wave that is there, where it is, right now, couldn't be any other way.

And yea, it's extremely unlikely that I put my bottle down there, exactly there where it is... Too. And the amount of dust under it.

Synchronicity, by it's very word, implies (requires) more than one object/event/thing/yada/uhhwhat being together, aligned in some way in time and space to be perceived by one, and those events to have attention are rare to occur together, and/or individually in the way they do, in accordance with some previous or ongoing thought, commonality, meaning, feeling. But you know... I see so many when they argue against (or attempt to deconstruct/reduce) things like this bring up examples of something being improbable with no real context or "meaning", or the feelings involved (which aren't nothing, in the universe, and haven't been quantified, in their implications/weighting in it, and neither has "meaning") which I can basically equate to my bottle (or any other object) with the exact improbable dust particles from wherever landing here, as they are under my bottle exactly where I put it. It, not one millimeter to right, or left. It's kind of like, "so what?"... But still useful when I think about it.

Edit (another): The license plate might apply only if, for a small example, the person just bought a 357 magnum and pulled out of a parking lot to find himself directly behind a car with that plate. Or if it was there where he parked, in some line of sight way, unmissable, or something. Front, back, left, or right. And even more, if the initials of the person one intended to kill (if that was their mission) with it, were ARW (or even some arrangement, or backwards). Or more if it happened- these numbers, more than this two times. Maybe a receipt for it was timestamped at 3:57. Maybe it was 3:57, when the guy saw the ARW 357, going to buy the 357, where a car with a 357 plate was also parked. Then the clocks were wrong, inside, and this time was also displayed there. I mean... You know what I mean. And would not a man at least reflect on what he was doing, given these highly unlikely alignments? Not that all synchronicity is perceived in this way, or that that is my point with this. This is just an example I came up with based on "357", which I first associate with a revolver pistol. Basically, it just seemed incomplete, what he said. I'm waiting for him to make a connection. The guy was just pointing at dust being where it is, as being improbable. But maybe I just took it as sarcasm, too. Maybe it's intended to seem like sarcasm ("amazing!", and your presentation of the crazy improbability of that order occurring, of cards), but this has an underlying meaning along with the "everything is a miracle" option. I don't believe the case is that way with you, based on your other contributions, but I haven't seen the rest of the script of what he said-- The context in what he said it, so I can't assume it wasn't how he intended it, to construct something for people to draw from, to discover more things, not to just... I don't know what people try to do when they somehow find ways to argue synchronicity. Reduce. I don't know though. Maybe I react to it the wrong way. I know I do. I find arguments make things stronger.

But was he arguing it? Maybe some things might genuinely be a bigger deal than others, too. By his way, everything might go gray. Scientist. Nothing wrong with it.
Valuable. But I keep arguing...

Last edited:
synchronous just means 'happening at the same time'. millions of things happen at the same time every day. selection bias, i believe, leads people to give certain of these incidences more weight...

alasdair

In some instances yes.

And yes on synchronous, which requires things (plural)... Not one single instance of something singular simply happening, or being as it is, per the quoted by rangrz.

Last edited:
All the world is continuous patterns. patterns upon patterns. its up to the human brain to react and perceive them.

Yea...

And maybe these patterns have organization on levels that we don't perceive quite, always, or at all. Organization and intelligence as a system we are rooted in, in time. Perhaps it's all extremely simple.

There was a guy on MySpace, on my friends years ago when I was on it, named Vast Active Living Intelligence System. I just now remembered it was coined before, and in a search found something about it being by Philip K. Dick. I don't know anything about it, but the words get a gist of what I am thinking. It was apparently his (Dick's) gnostic vision of God.

I need to step back and admit that some might be necessary dead. But it is more alive and aware and active than we give it credit for/are capable of seeing, I think.

Sometimes I like to see it like: How can man be so arrogant in his assumption that he gave birth to intelligence? That he didn't come from a pattern of intelligence? That it isn't still ongoing, and eternal. I mean, the Universe. The Universe is. Right? I mean... it... is. It exists. Like it would stop.

Last edited:
And yes on synchronous, which requires things (plural)...
this morning my gf took a shower while i stayed in bed. i made breakfast while she got ready for work. she left for work and i fed the dog. etc. ad nauseum.

the number of things (plural) which happen at the same time in the same second is staggering, let alone the same minute or the same day across the entire population of the planet. yet most of them are completely not noteworthy...

alasdair

Never really argued with that. It would be rather silly to.
But you are describing activities which just happen to occur at the same time... Not "meaningful coincidences". At least, I'm not seeing it.

Yea most are perhaps not noteworthy, but I found it so when I went to a racetrack which seats hundreds of thousands and saw April Love, and found my seat right by her.

Sometimes though, it is all seemingly in this "synchronicity". And it might seem that all things might be worthy of a look. But nothing would ever get done.

Last edited:
^ they are only meaningful because you choose to give them meaning. the reason i describe them as 'mundane' is because you choose to give weight to a particular occurrence that seems highly meaningful to you but it's nestled in among tens of billions of other synchronous events. again, given the massive, massive numbers involved, it's simply not that surprising that 'meaningful' coincidences will occur.

to you there is something noteworthy and mystical at play. to me, the events just happen to occur at the same time.

alasdair

I can accept that.

But I never said mystical. And meaning is definitely something perceived... But I do believe it is often weighted in something tangible.

Alas, I have been where I understand why people go delusional. This does border irrational/crazy.

Jumping... Even though I call them meaningful, I am not quick to assign meaning, but I remain suspicious. Events like seeing April just maintain my suspicion. Suspicion of what? Just something more pulling the strings I guess, that I can't see. God, maybe. Or some unseen system/order that makes me consider that what is going on in my little mind might have weight with the world around me... Not that I cause it or it favors me or anything... But that being in the "weight", I am serving it, and I am about it, and so is my experience.

As trees please said, patterns are everywhere. I don't believe it is a stretch to believe that the derive of things might be read... That our own symbols and communications are as sound as, forgive me for my limitation in this... They are as tangible as life. They might be in some sense like physical "constants", why a symbol is what it is, or sound. How to say it. Our creations aren't just random and non-weighted in the universe. Like any part of an ecosystem, it is used.

Eh, but it can go on and on.

Last edited:
I wanted to add a few new ones.

I got out of the shower the other day, and I wanted to shave my head. I have never shaved my head, but have been considering it on some level for awhile. I am sort of going bald. Thin. One thing that stops me is my fear of having a mis-shaped head, or something. I didn't shave it that day, but that was the strongest I have felt the desire to since I met girl that I will bring up when I refer to a girl, most of the time. So, strongest I have felt the desire to in four years, I think.

Got a haircut the first chance I had. A couple of days later, or so. A guy who I have had a few interactions with over the years asks me what I would like, so that he can translate it to the woman who will be cutting my hair, who speaks little to no English. He suggests something like a 2 or a 3 on top, and 2 on sides, slightly faded up, however. I don't know what happened. I thought I agreed but I also think I said something about it being short, but he explained how to cut it and the length of what he said would seem to translate what he said, to her, but the finished product was a very, very close cut, with sculpting of my hairline with a straight razor. I look very close to bald, or did a week ago. I really liked it. Like it. I don't have to worry about it. Pleasant mistake of direction. Served, even if I can admit not directly, my very recent desire- a strong one at that, to shave my head. The experience gave me confidence to shave it... Not that I am in any hurry. I might like this close cut for now.

Hmm.

Next one, a girl... Or girls. A day or two before this, or I don't really remember but it was really recent- within days, I was looking through my emails trying to find a certain one that I sent to myself, that had a code in it that I needed, or something. I came across some messages sent from me to this "Brianna", whom I met on Myspace years back. I had forgotten about her, or all but, you know. Didn't think about her. Four years pass, I stumble upon her name and these communications, and a couple of days, or so, later, I get an email saying that "Brianna Bear" from my contacts had joined Google Plus. I talked to her before, and into the time I began talking to Donna, but stopped when started with Donna. Slight carry over. Brianna didn't seem that interested. Or was just quiet. I did most of the talking. Later on, I check Donna's page, on facebook, and she had put up a new photo of herself, self shot. I had also just that morning wondered when she'd display her face, and not another image. It had been months. Both images are taken at very similar angles, and proportions. Almost mirror images. Within the same hour.

Not really a big deal. Not saying it is. Sometimes a shadow is cast. But who am I to say this is it, exactly and that's final? I can't. There might be something more. But I am human. And God's arms are everywhere.
But sometimes it's as if I could think that it revolves around me. I think it's more of a dance, though. I have seen how out of control that I am, even if in some control.

Today I went and got my taxes done, finally. I owed 117 dollars, for which I made a special trip back to the place to get instructions on what to do with it, after declining paying it right then, an hour or so earlier. I came up with the money. I've never had to pay right away before, so was unfamiliar. Always got money back. I was never on a 1099 before. Anyways, so the number was at peak-interest for an hour or two today... 117. Tonight I learned that there was, Boston Marathon, bombings, with some dead, and many injured. My first thoughts about Boston, and today, and significance possible (why???...), I thought of taxes. And Boston and Taxes... Boston Tea Party. So that sort of clicked, although I have no idea as to the intentions or reasons or God knows. Then I read that it was the 117th running. So that was that.

Some could also say that taxes kill us.

I swear that sometimes the universe talks to me through the world around.

Here's my problem with this idea, although I am open-minded to the possibility of some sort of higher "communication" - if the universe wanted to communicate with us, why would it be so damn subtle? You'd think if there were some higher intelligence wishing to make itself known, it would do something outrageously obvious, like possess a toaster to burn a piece of toast with the letters "I AM GOD" or something like that, right?

Heart.

Wanted to invite Donna to dinner with family within a day of meeting her, after staying with her for two days in a row after first meeting. She requested. I was, taken. Didn't know what to do. I didn't invite her though because I didn't want to push us into anything serious, but it already felt like we were supposed to be together in some way. Or it felt right to invite her, is all I can say. I fought it. I didn't. Held back feelings. Fear.

She had asked me to help her remove storage from a space she rented. I met her the day after she moved in to her new place. I wanted to help. First plan was to do it before the month was over, but then she changed her mind, or something, and I didn't catch it in a communication in text from her. I still thought we were supposed to do it a certain day. She went back to work, stripping, and I didn't really hear from her again. This was all around the same time that I thought I was helping her with this. I waited for her text or call that day, as I thought she was going to. Missed vital information not a day before. New information that had only I paid attention I wouldn't have got worried after not hearing from her. I wouldn't have tried to contact her... As it happened, while she was at work. I wouldn't have come of as insecure and checking up on her, jealous, or what. I imagine she already put a distance between anything real, while being at that place. I pushed myself away, as it happened. Days passed, no communication. I was genuinely worried something happened... Not so much that I had been rejected. I was worried that if something had happened, that I had done nothing.

Much happened in that time apart, after spending many days with her in a short period of time, getting to know her. I thought about her. I delved into numbers, like the number 23, finding it everywhere. No, you really can't do it with just any number, in any situation. 23 is "really good at this game". But (shakes my head), getting back to reality, while with her, some voice in my head told me loudly that she was my wife. I had feelings like that about her. But the voice was loud. And numbers, according to how I found them, found her to come to the same number as my mom, leading me to find, in the first place, that my mom's name, coming to the number 184, by most common methods of calculation, of letter to number, has a sum of 23 times 8, 2 to the 3rd power. I had been "obsessed" (I don't really like to call it that, when you just see it everywhere it doesn't mean you're obsessed, it just happens... but obsession can also happen) with the number for years. It has all been one culmination, one after another. Each validating the previous ones even further into a matrix as sound as the ground I walk on- my experiences, with this number easily found. Now it's not such a big deal. I mean, I accept there are many patterns... But a human gives 23 chromosomes to another 23 chromosomes to create another human. Their number system 0123456789, used most commonly... The 9th prime number is 23. The highest single digit to work with is 9. The highest hour is 23. The 24th hour is always referred to as zero. The most common shape in the known existence is a circle. It's simple. It's inclusive. You want something. Circle it. Your heart pumps circular objects with particles in sort of spherical shells or round orbits in blood which is also made up of particles following similar movements, in basic... "circles" through the body. This also takes place in tubes, which are circular. I don't mean to go on and on. Simple is best. 0, 6, 8, and 9 in this standard form can sum to this number, 23, as well. Just observation. 9 and 6 can look a little like sperm. 8 like cell-division. When you've been seeing 23 in everything for years and then the number systems themselves reveal it, as they come, it can be exiting. In hindsight, I move on. I remember notes. Perhaps they are clues, to something. Who is to say?

I met Donna on 1/23. I met her 203 weeks before 12/21/2012, a date which I was sort of looking forward to at the time. I was born 203 days before the end of the year, at 22:03 EST/02:03 GMT. 161 full days had passed, which can be factored to 7x23. Right yayyyy. Anyways. Later on I found that my ex gave me a watch 161-162 weeks before I met Donna. From meeting Donna, on 1/23/2009, I came up with the date of December 23rd, 2005, as being exactly 162 weeks from that date. So, "Christmas", falling where it does at the end of the year, and time being marked "Before Christ" and whatever is after, and time. And the girl who gave me the watch was Marilyn, my last "girlfriend". It was a cuff design, and felt... It felt like I was cuffed, restricted, marked, attempted-to-be controlled. I didn't like it. My mood toward her changed, although I knew that... or felt it was crazy. Suddenly I didn't really want to be with Marilyn. I had had feelings from time to time before then, but that was a very strange feeling. Like it was over. Though we went 9 more months.

It's hard to tell this story because it can branch a lot and there's back-story to this.

Moving forward, forgetting that for this bit.

I met a girl named Gabrielle that summer, after meeting Donna. Donna and I had not spoken since when. I had tried communicating with her. But nothing really got through. I saw Gabrielle at a Nine Inch Nails concert, on 5/30- Donna's birthday. One thing in common with them is that they both have red hair. So did Marilyn. Marilyn 888 days before Donna (or 880), something significant in occurrence. Another was that Donna was heavy into Angels, and believed greatly in them. She sort of introduced me to even considering their existence as much as I have since, yet still deny, I find, when I see. Gabriel/Gabrielle is of course an angelic name. Anyways, I see Gabrielle there. I know who she is and I don't even think I have seen her face, fully. I am walking behind her, as we enter the main area. A man flanks either side of her. I recognize her, from MySpace. She had been on my favorites for about a year or so, at that point. Just never talked to her. Didn't make contact here, either. But then days later- only a couple, I do. I ask her if she went to this concert, and that I thought I saw her. She writes me back, giving me her phone number. I wait a few days to call, and then I do. And perfect timing, a man very close to her has just died. She is crying. She opens up to me about him. Called him family- like a close uncle, but was a friend somehow. Acted as an uncle. I visit her the day of his funeral. I park, without knowing, in a town I have never been in, one parking lot away from the restaurant we were eating at. I was at Subway's getting internet access from, in my car, and this place was the next lot. No sign. The building looked abandoned, actually. Like nothing. We did already decide to eat Mexican. Here it was. Like a magnet. Automaton. Brainless. I park directly across from a storage unit, my car facing it-- The number 203 above it. A fence between. I think of Donna. 5/30- Day I see Gabrielle, Donna's birthday. Storage. What fucked it up. What. What.

A year after Donna, exactly 1 year after I thought was the deadline to remove her things from storage, to avoid paying another month (but she changed her mind and I didn't catch it- her message), I had what resembled a heart attack. I went to the hospital. I believe now it was an allergic reaction that happened to get bad due to weather, and timing. The next year, I made sure I took it easy that day, but the first day back at work- the next day, the first order I took that day was to a "Hart" family. The next year after that, also on 1/31, my Grandmother died. And that night/morning that she died, I had conversations with one girl who I found was born basically on the 203rd day of the year (202.85 lets call it), who contacted me on OkCupid, and another, born on the 23rd day of some month... same site. As she died, I was talking to the one born on the 23rd, about death, spirituality. Deep conversation. Existence. She gave me her number at the end of the conversation, which I have never called, due to the timing, sort of. I later found my Grandma died around 5:30 in the morning, right around the time her- the girl and I signed off. I forget her name. Lacey. The girl prior, revealed herself. Got naked, wanted me to, as well. Doesn't happen every day.

I ate beef liver the night before my Grandmother's funeral. During it, I had extreme chest pain. I thought I might just die, during. I think it was an allergy to the beef liver, but the end result was this. My heart pained, again, and things close to me.

There's more stuff that happened, of course, all through varied levels. Some noticed. Some not. Just the way things flow. It's hard putting it all down on here. Symbolism in life. Hidden languages. Just to hear it speak.

I got a job, finally, after years of sitting on my ass living off of my parents, after Donna. Part of the reason I was insecure, with her, was that I was unable to support a relationship, and I met the girl of my dreams. Way to go. So she motivated me to work. I started out at Dominos, as a delivery driver. A guy named Dustin Dye (say it? try? fun) hired me. First dream I remember with her, first night together, I was shot in my chest by a guy, as we laid together. She tried to protect me. He just laughed, and walked away. She seemed to know him, not that she was happy about this. Almost like, powerless somehow before him, perhaps dependent somehow. I don't want to speculate though. Donna had ordered Dominos the night before I met her- her first night in her new place, and I mentioned the thought of getting a job driving there. Easy work, livable money. That night before we first met was 1/22/2009. The first girl I met working at Dominos, was Raven. Raven, I found, was born 1/22. She was also the only girl that I found at all attractive, who worked there. Black. Then I met Donna. Donna not the red-haired Donna that I fell in love with. Donna, another black girl. Older. 40s. The only other female driver. The only other girl to work there was named XiXi, pronounced KiKi (Key Key), short for Xiamara. This goes on and on, and in my head it goes together but I can realize- or do, that you won't get it. If you do. Wow. I love you. I should love you anyways. But I'm just saying.

Anyways, I am told to use XiXi's box-- Drop box/money box for the time being, to store my cash so I don't get robbed for it... before I get my own. KiKi is away at school at the (that) moment. When I do choose my lock box, I choose the very center one in the bunch, which happens to be right above (or below... I am more confident) "Donna"- the name marked on there (mine later has a name put on it by Dustin, "23"). It's the cleanest one, and doesn't have a bent or sharp rusty edge/surfaces quite like others might. I choose it for the right reasons, despite the memory of Donna that I find hard to let go of, or something I saw/felt, you know... and this constant reminder. Now- too, every time I try to close my box, it get's caught on a big lock from Donna's box, which hangs over mine in a way that I have to move it, to close my own. The largest lock in the bunch. Symbol. I could go into their names, and craziness in that, too, like Donna at work's name having the word "Hair" in it- how it's pronounced... and having a very hairy chin (also shares my mothers rare to hear- to me, middle name, Faye, and my sister's birthday), and Raven with a last name beginning with "Man" (KiKi ending in man, and her sister Moriah...), and her upper lip has more of a mustache than some men can grow. I am not saying this to be mean. Or anything. And I know, this is kind of a mess, but I hope you see some of it. If you don't, I'm sorry.

I don't know. Donna put up some image with the number 23 as prominent in it. And it was one of four numbers, totaling to 92. 92/4=23. 23 was the only one that repeated, occurring twice. My friend's dad died on 10/23. She put this image up on 10/20, or so. My friend, who was one of my best, his name is Richard Donald (last name withheld), and Donna's father's name is/was Donald Richard. I grew up with Richard. His dad's funeral was at a 1840 something street, in Jeffersonville, IN. 184 is a number I clearly associate with Donna, as it was a number that I found to correlate with my mother. Through her, perhaps I didn't finish it before- the thought, I found this number, had she really been my wife, and traditionally took my name- her name coming to 184 if I calculated it to number, this way. 184 I had seen before, and tried my mother. It was hers, and by this, I found the connection to 23, validating.

Please, don't judge me. Please.

I waited forever to take the rock, a piece of jet, that she allowed me to choose from her collection of gemstones, to be evaluated. Years. Or a year. I finally took it to be looked at, to ask what it was, exactly (I didn't know). Upon leaving, and exiting onto the main road, I got behind a car with the number 159 and letters LEG. 159 is associated to her (Her name sum as it is), in my neural wiring and chemical yada, and the first image I saw of her, to spark Hubba Hubba-ness from me, was an image she posted of herself holding her leg up in a way, sexy. That day was the big earthquake in Haiti. It happened at around the time I was there at that store, asking about what she had given me. The last thing I told her, somewhat jokingly/playfully, but serious to my feeling, also, in ways, was "Hate You". It was an indirect communication. It was one of the last "names" that I chose for myself on Myspace, perhaps, before quitting/separating (trying to, sort of, I guess). I wanted her to see it.

The first Earthquake that I experienced occurred when I was playing the game Quake, which I hadn't played in many years, at that point, and was only playing because my Xbox got the red-ring of death and was in for repairs. There was one girl, named "Batgirl" (and Bat=23 by numbering methods often used, just to squeeze that in here), in there, and a lot of guys... In this Quake server. I remember falling into a pit, into some magma (we were underground), and seeing her character down there as well. Her avatar had a text box above it denoting that she was typing a message. ";-)" is all the box says, while this is happening. I have a shot of thought that asks/says, "You must be a red-head", generally connecting the fire- the fire-pit, being in it, meeting her down there, uhh, I don't know, attempted flirtatious funny stuff. I decided to not ask the question though. It ended up coming up minutes later, in her conversation with one of the other guys (Yes, red-head). Then the earthquake happened. I live in Indiana, so it's rare.

I found out she was from Toronto. I got a map and drew a line from Toronto, through Indy, and that line if continued on would pass very close to the epicenter of the quake. Hadn't played in years, and it happens to happen when I am playing the game- my first quake, and my first quake.

I apologize for how hard this might be to read. If you did manage to make it through, please know that I am not attempting to connect one thing to the next, in here, but in segments talking about things that occur, and just following thoughts/memories as I have them. Some might reflect/connect, and be related, though. For now, I need a rest. I feel with what I have inside, it is possible I could find the right format for everything to be understood by others the way I want it to, but maybe that's just for me to get. I still do this, though.

I notice I omit a lot of details that to me are important to it, my memory, of how it has "connections". Just to mention, again, that I leave a lot out, so that I can write it down, and so that people might read it. In the process of trying, I might butcher it. I am sorry. And I may try to edit it. Sometimes I think I should just not hold back. But that would take a lot of time, and I might get more frustrated with trying to make sense in word, and the stuff I didn't remember, but did when I was past it, in writing, and how to implement.

Anyways, enough, for now.

Thanks for reading.

-----------------------------------
Edited in from what was separate post, and intended to be separate:

About three years ago, voices, repeating "Alicia Keys!" as I am running, and over the course of a few days, or weeks. I can't remember. I hear Alisha's voice sometimes- an ex girlfriend, in my mind, at times. Very clearly. Most clearly when I ran/exercised. Many voices recognized but she was prominent. My mind couldn't let her go, either. This was after I met Donna, down the line, that this happened.

I had not heard from Alisha- an ex, in months (9?). Within days of hearing these voices, little, "fairy" voices... I get a text from her. "Do you have the corporate key? It's really important!!!"
It was to the wrong person, I guess...

Last edited:
You'd think if there were some higher intelligence wishing to make itself known, it would do something outrageously obvious, like possess a toaster to burn a piece of toast with the letters "I AM GOD" or something like that, right?
why go the bother? a truly omnipotent being can do anything - it's the very definition of omnipotence. he (for want of a better term) could just choose for all of us believe and we would believe.

could god create a rock so large that even he could not lift it?

maybe we're just not wired to understand that question yet. maybe god is so powerful we can't understand his limitations. or maybe there's simply no god?

alasdair

why go the bother? a truly omnipotent being can do anything - it's the very definition of omnipotence. he (for want of a better term) could just choose for all of us believe and we would believe.

Good point. And, one could argue, to a certain extent he has. ~33% of the 7 billion people on the planet are considered "Christian". A LOT of people have faith in God.

Maybe, God remains elusive, because the point of the game is to discover him. Hide and seek is no fun if you don't pick good hiding spots.

All the world is continuous patterns. patterns upon patterns. its up to the human brain to react and perceive them.

And how exactly did you come to the conclusion that the world is made of patterns upon patterns? I think it's just a feature (or limitation) of our brain that we even see or perceive patterns. I would define a pattern as a series of events with some level of organization. Therefore in order to perceive a pattern, one must also be able to perceive the flow of time. I would also go as far as to proclaim that time itself is merely a perspective illusion; something that doesn't really exist universally despite us experiencing "time" in our brains/minds/memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.