• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's pretty crazy huh? Bupe is not something to fuck around with.

People manage to overdose and die by it here in Sweden. How they do this I have no idea. Buprenorphine is the 2nd most abused opiate here. Tramadol takes the cake though lol.

People manage to overdose and die by it here in Sweden. How they do this I have no idea. Buprenorphine is the 2nd most abused opiate here. Tramadol takes the cake though lol.

Really? Tramadol at number 1 and bupe at 2? Where does heroin fall?

Really? Tramadol at number 1 and bupe at 2? Where does heroin fall?

I don't think a lot of heroin makes its way up to Sweden, so he may have never gotten to try it.

I honestly like buprenorphine more than heroin. I'm not saying buprenorphine is going to get you higher than heroin, but you can stay on it for a long time (years for me) and still get decent effects, whereas heroin causes your tolerance to skyrocket, rendering it somewhat useless if you abuse it heavily for long enough.

Buprenorphine has a ceiling effect which enables you to only get but so much out of it, which is a wonderful thing for people who have a tendency to overuse morphine/heroin.

For these reasons I've learned that buprenorphine is a better drug for me than heroin. If I was one of those people who could use heroin once in a blue moon (I really could, but I don't care to be one of those people) then I'd probably say heroin is more euphoric, which it is, but its euphoria will fade rather quickly. However since I don't care to use opiates irregularly, and only care to be on buprenorphine maintenance or not at all, I would say buprenorphine is the best option for me.

I don't think a lot of heroin makes its way up to Sweden, so he may have never gotten to try it.

I honestly like buprenorphine more than heroin. I'm not saying buprenorphine is going to get you higher than heroin, but you can stay on it for a long time (years for me) and still get decent effects, whereas heroin causes your tolerance to skyrocket, rendering it somewhat useless if you abuse it heavily for long enough.

Buprenorphine has a ceiling effect which enables you to only get but so much out of it, which is a wonderful thing for people who have a tendency to overuse morphine/heroin.

For these reasons I've learned that buprenorphine is a better drug for me than heroin. If I was one of those people who could use heroin once in a blue moon (I really could, but I don't care to be one of those people) then I'd probably say heroin is more euphoric, which it is, but its euphoria will fade rather quickly. However since I don't care to use opiates irregularly, and only care to be on buprenorphine maintenance or not at all, I would say buprenorphine is the best option for me.

How do you still get any recreational effects from bupe?

By the way, glad to see you back Captain.

How do you still get any recreational effects from bupe?

I'm using 80 to 120 mcg per shot; normally 120mcg. Keep in mind I have seen people, with no opiate tolerance, use 2,000mcg (which is 2mg) IV for a "recreational high" that they wanted to repeat in a half hour (8o). I can feel good from a single 120mcg shot.

I take it that I'm extremely sensitive to drugs in general, especially psychedelics and opiates.

I also can go quite a long time in between shots with withdrawal symptoms (yawning, watery eyes/nose, some cold chills/goose bumps) without it bothering me that much, which enables me to get a lot out of each dosage instead of just maintaining normality.

By the end of some nights I'm definitely nodding on buprenorphine, and on average I only use four shots a day, which is a bit short of 0.5mg a day.

I'm using 80 to 120 mcg per shot; normally 120mcg. Keep in mind I have seen people, with no opiate tolerance, use 2,000mcg (which is 2mg) IV for a "recreational high" that they wanted to repeat in a half hour (8o). I can feel good from a single 120mcg shot.

I take it that I'm extremely sensitive to drugs in general, especially psychedelics and opiates.

I also can go quite a long time in between shots with withdrawal symptoms (yawning, watery eyes/nose, some cold chills/goose bumps) without it bothering me that much, which enables me to get a lot out of each dosage instead of just maintaining normality.

By the end of some nights I'm definitely nodding on buprenorphine, and on average I only use four shots a day, which is a bit short of 0.5mg a day.

Hum.... interesting. I've just never had that relationship with bupe. I'd get mild euphoria in the beginning taking it and sometimes If I taper way down to 1mg and below, but not for very long... certainly not anywhere near enough to put it over the pleasure I derive from heroin. It's not even in the same ballpark to me.

Hum.... interesting. I've just never had that relationship with bupe. I'd get mild euphoria in the beginning taking it and sometimes If I taper way down to 1mg and below, but not for very long... certainly not anywhere near enough to put it over the pleasure I derive from heroin. It's not even in the same ballpark to me.

It's possible that I'm getting a lot out of the profile of buprenorphine (kappa antagonism, et al) and that not everyone gets good effects from its varied profile. I think for some people buprenorphine's other effects (aside from partial mu-agonism) will not feel good, and for others it'll feel very good, hence why I've met people who really do like buprenorphine more than heroin.

I think it is also genetic/familial related, as I find that the buprenorphine over heroin trend to exist in eastern Europe and people from eastern Europe more so than western Europeans, Americans, and other ethnic backgrounds. This might be a trend only due to a lack of availability in heroin, but I can't speak to heroin's availability in eastern Europe.

I'm actually quite shocked myself I still get to the point of feeling high on Suboxone because of how many years I've been on it. I'm just thankful it still works well for me for maintenance and have managed to get my life together while on it.

I'm actually quite shocked myself I still get to the point of feeling high on Suboxone because of how many years I've been on it. I'm just thankful it still works well for me for maintenance and have managed to get my life together while on it.

Well that's part of the reason I was so surprised.. because you have been doing it a long time.

Always glad to read your posts CH.. try not to get banned again, eh? Haha.

Well that's part of the reason I was so surprised.. because you have been doing it a long time.

Always glad to read your posts CH.. try not to get banned again, eh? Haha.

Of course! :)

I do hope to quit using Suboxone one day, and I'm very thankful to want to quit, but I wouldn't be disappointed in myself if I was using Suboxone for the rest of my life.

Of course! :)

I do hope to quit using Suboxone one day, and I'm very thankful to want to quit, but I wouldn't be disappointed in myself if I was using Suboxone for the rest of my life.

Have you thought about how you'd go about quitting if you decided to? Taper down?

Have you thought about how you'd go about quitting if you decided to? Taper down?

I'd do what I did last time (before I broke my arm), I'd taper down real gradually. I could make a more diluted solution and reduce by 2 or 5 mcg each day or week, and just keep going down from there.

At the same time I would also cut back on the frequency of dosing.

Close to the end I would also use cannabis and its extracts much heavier than I would normally to help cushion the fall down to zero mcg, as well I would have prescribed benzodiazepines on hand (that I rarely if ever use), so low tolerance to the comfort drugs will yield better results.

I would have a back up supply of buprenorphine in case I felt so bad I knew I would relapse without it, because I simply refuse to get addicted to heroin again nor would I ever want to use it again. :)

How long has it been since you've done H? That BTH our there is nasty man... fucked up my veins good when I was out in LA.

Oh good god man^ I hear you on that tar. I had already fucked up my left basilic vein beforehand, but other than that my arms were incredible before I went on a tar bender last summer. I mean, other junkies would drool at the veins I had, they looked like ropes..but the BTH just destroyed them. I will say though, the quality (which is in general the case with all heroin) does make a difference. For a while me and my gf were only getting "grams" of tar that were the size of a golf ball practically and we'd each half to shoot a whole 'nugget' of that garbage to feel it...and we'd always need to use 1mL syringes-in fact, 3mL would probably have worked out better looking back because unlike powder, the BTH would NOT dissolve in under 80mL of water. However I did get good tar a few times that was much easier on the vein, smaller, and could. Actually fit in a .5 mL syringe.

Anyway, I think that if you're tapering off Bupe its good to go as low as you can, but at some point, I feel that it might be best to just jump (if you're under 125mcg, sublingual/day)...no matter what there are going to be some withdrawal symptoms as buprenorphine is such a potent drug, but that's not to say tapering wont make a difference-it definitely will and you don't want to drop off at 2mg..you see a lot of people making claims like "OMG!!!SUB WITHDRAWAL IS WAYYY WORSE THAN DOPE WD!!!, and quite honestly, that's why. There is just no way that suboxone withdrawal is going to be as painful as coming off a large IV heroin habit unless you jump off recklessly at a high dosage.

I also would suggest loperamide as a good tool for coming off suboxone. Of course it's an opiate too, but it really does help with WD symptoms even at low dosages and if taken sparingly it could probably help bridge the gap between taking suboxone and becoming non-dependant. I've gone through CT suboxone WD at least two times with nothing the first time (and benzo's the second) and even when I jumped off of 8-16mg/day, the worst of the symptoms were over at around 10 days, and by the second week I was feeling so much better I actually was feeling manic as it was such a stark difference from the first 9-10 days,

^^

So glad to see you back posting Z! Haha.

And yeah, I've been trying to hop back on the suboxone after a hefty little H run but... I just haven't been able to bring myself to commit.

^^

So glad to see you back posting Z! Haha.

And yeah, I've been trying to hop back on the suboxone after a hefty little H run but... I just haven't been able to bring myself to commit.

If you have a Suboxone prescription, or a large-ish stash, I'd suggest taking 8mg when you're really, really sick, and give yourself some time to let the Suboxone do its thing, and you'll feel way better. You can even start with 2mg but you can take more until you feel stabilized.

And no matter how many times you slip up, just pick yourself back up again and try again.

My friend is in a similar situation, he's probably hopped back on Suboxone a day or two ago but I haven't talked to him in a bit.

At 96 hours since my last dose and it's a nightmare. I think I might have a virus though because I have a bad cough too so that night be making it worse. I smoked half a pack of cigs a day and haven't smoked in 4 days now.

I started at 8mg 2 months ago and within a month was down to 1mg and stopped at .5mg.

Day 3 started getting bad and it's worse today. All I have to take is Tylenol Benadryl and dxm. I've been able to eat two small meals a day no problem but don't feel like eating. This is Definately as bad as coming off a 6 week oxy or dilaudid binge using 160mg and 72mg a day.

Only thing that is strange is I usually get bad insomnia and rls but I haven't had either so far. I have been laying on the couch all day falling in and out of sleep. Finally able to go for a 30 minute walk today.

While I was on sub I managed to get in great shape running 10km every second day and alot of pushups and chinups everyday, Would be nice to be able to start working out again soon

Thanks I am just Gunna wait a few days and see if it gets better. Need to avoid antibiotics since I have very bad reactions to them

Status
Not open for further replies.