• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got setup on suboxone today. I was curious to see what I would get, as they tend to over-prescribe, and natrually, that was the case.

For a 200mg a day oxy habit, I was told to take 8mg 3 times a day. 3 TIMES A DAY! I even told him, I am able to maintain on about 4mg a day, but he insisted that this regime was ideal. Insane. I go back in a week, in which I will get the remainder of my months script, at the dose I tell him that I feel comfortable on.

A good surprise I got, was the xanax prescription he gave me to help with sleeping and anxiety. Double score.

Overall it was good experience, my doctor was cool and its good I am taking control of my life.
keep you guys up to date on how it goes!

^ the reason (i think) that doctors over prescribe subs is because the more they put you on the higher your tolerance gets. So if you are taking 8mg 3x a day and you can get by on 4mg a day then your taking 6x what you need and therefore after you stop subs, your tolerance will be even higher than when you started, to keep you from being able to get high (easily). Even when you're off them.
So in a sense subs keep you from abusing while you're on them and off them..IF you let your doctor feed you huge amounts.. I'm prescribed 16mg a day but take about 3mg if I snort it, or about 2mg if I'm IVing. So I get to have "back stock" lol.
Anyways, it's good you're starting subs.. good luck with it.. it really is a big help in staying clean.. i've been on it about 3 years.. :)

I'm pathetic. I keep taking the vicodin in the hopes it will give me a buzz. I'm still holding onto these damn opiates even though the subs give me a little buzz as well. Its just different.

I'm holding onto the glory days of opiates that I'm never going to get back. Oh the life of an opiate addict!

I'm pathetic. I keep taking the vicodin in the hopes it will give me a buzz. I'm still holding onto these damn opiates even though the subs give me a little buzz as well. Its just different.

I'm holding onto the glory days of opiates that I'm never going to get back. Oh the life of an opiate addict!

I hope you realize that you can overdose before you feel the effects of Vicodin while on Suboxone. I've seen a bunch of people do it, they always say I'm wrong until they're at the hospital.

You can ween yourself down to <1mg Suboxone, so it's still in your system, and take Vicodin and feel an effect. If you continue to take the Suboxone while you use you won't have to deal with precipitated withdrawal, you just up your bupe dose when you're finished with your binge. The effects of the Vicodin will of course be diminished considerably but you won't have to worry about feeling sick.

--
I'm not sure if anyone can help with my current problem. After months of arguing with my doctor I was finally switched to Subutex. I'm sitting at 4mg twice daily (sublingual) and looking to experiment with IV/snorting. What would recommended doses be for either of those two ROAs? Back when I was using I'd IV 3mg and that tended to get me pretty damn high, though right now I think that would be far too much.

I'm envious of all of you who catch a buzz from your subs. I never have. Granted I don't take more than 3mg in one dose, but still.

I'm envious of all of you who catch a buzz from your subs. I never have. Granted I don't take more than 3mg in one dose, but still.

it's really not that "Great" of a buzz. nothing like a full opiate. at least for me

Ashley Sorry if I missed this, but how many mg of Vicodin are you taking? I'd think that even on a low dose of Subs, you'd have to take a lot to feel anything at all.

I've been on Suboxone for about six months now, and I'm thinking about switching to methadone - I've found a few doctors who will script it, so I won't have to deal with the clinic.

I've adjusted my sub dose a lot, used 6/7's method and different ROAs, and tried potentiation; but (with the exception of the honeymoon period) Subs never significantly reduce my cravings for long. :/ If anybody has any suggestions on what I can do (other than heroin, heh) til I can talk to a doctor about 'done, I'm willing to try pretty much anything.

Methadone is shitty in my experience. I think you actually can achieve much more of a buzz on lower dosages of bupe then meth.

Not to get too off-topic, but if anybody's been on methadone and bupe and wouldn't mind giving me some info, pm me. :)

Im curious, I know I should wait 24 hours, but what timeframe am I looking at, I took 4 mg's of suboxone this morning around 11am, I somehow came across a bag of dope, I haven't done dope in 3 months, hopefully my tolerance will be lower, do yall think I'll feel the diesel? I've been passing fluids alot today, drinking alot more water/gatorade than usual.

Hey guys, I've got a question for you. Want to see if anyone can tackle this.

I'm on Suboxone, I took 4mgs 48hrs ago, and 2mg more than 24hrs ago. I got my hands on some 100mcg Fentanyl patches. My experience and knowledge from this forum tells me you can use Fentanyl whenever. That doesn't concern me. What does concern me is my tolerance and whether or not I can safely slap on a 100mcg fent patch and not have to worry about overdosing.

I've check the Opioid to Fentanyl converters, but there isn't a choice on there for Buprenorphine. I used the calculator to determine that 80mgs of Oxycodone would suggest a .35mg or 350mcg dose. I just put in 80 because that's how much I would use in a 24hr period to stay "so-so" kinda high, but not on the nod high.

Does anyone know if it'd be safe for me to use a 100mcg/hr fentanyl patch?

So would a 100mcg/hr patch worn as it's intended be a problem? I do notice that unless I go off Suboxone for at least a week, my tolerance is crazy. I just want to make sure I'm safe and don't end up OD'ing. Fentanyl is one of those drugs you don't fuck with. It ain't hydrocodone to say the least.

^ if this helps you at all..
.075mg bupe = about .05mg fent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opiate_comparison

Much appreciated, I'm 100% sure if I'm reading the chart correctly. So if .075mg of Bupe = .05mg Fent than 4mg of Bupe would = X?

I just wanna make sure I don't, you know, die.

Captain Heroin is back to answer all of your questions!

my Oxy "dealer" has been away for the last 2 weeks, which is part of the reason I began Suboxone. I've definitely saved money the last 2 weeks, thats for sure ha.

I am nervous to see what happens when he returns. Those 40's are so tempting.

Just say no! ;)

Do what you want to, but also try to keep a balance between using and not-using, Suboxone can really help you out with that.

I think over time you may come to like Suboxone more for the lack of withdrawal associated with full agonist opiates. It's up to you, but take care and be safe!

so ive been iving my subutex and i went to the pharm to get some new rigs and for the first time ever they made me sign a log and show them my id, they wrote down my address and shit. should i be worried or is this just soem type of census? next time i need some needles im just gonna be like NEEDLEJUICE NEEDLEJUICE NEEDLEJUICE!

another quesiton. me and my mate both iv are tex and he does around 8mg a day and claims he gets dopesick if he doesnt have a shot of subutex within 8 hours.(2mg shots, prob at least 3-4 times a day) i find this very hard to believe because my tolerance is at the same level and i do less subutex than him and i can go days without getting sick, and this dude is bigger than me too. anyone who iv's their subs. what dose do u use and how long before u go into withdrawal?

If you're using a lot more needles than a diabetic would, it might be noticeable. If you and your friend IV, switch off on who buys the needles. If there's any other IV friendly people you have as friends, have them help you out by buying a box for you, and offer them a shot for free or something. Or at least a free stick or two or a pack or something.

2mg is a lot to IV at once; he's feeling withdrawal because he's shooting 8mg a day, that's why. That's like using 28mg sublingually within a day. AKA, a huge dose.

Tell him to start tapering down, and he'll feel better in between doses.

I had a question about suboxone implants, wondering if anyone else has heard of them or used them. They are running trials here in San Diego starting over the next week and I am pretty sure I am gonna do it. I have tried methadone for a few months but I didn't do well on it, besides the fact it always made me sick. This guy who works at the exchange and knows about my history recommended me to the trial. I am 23 yrs, used oxys off and on for about 3-4 yrs and the past yr been smoking, then IVing H. I really want to quit, my life is manageable and I am independent but I really hate spending so much $ and having this secret.
I have been trying to research suboxone the past several days.. people I know have only been able to tell me that it successfully helped them or someone they know quit but that they took the pills, not the implant. They said I will not be able to cheat and get high, especially with the implant since it is stuck in your arm for months. I was thinking that would be a good thing for me, because I cheated quite a bit on the methadone. Just had to feel that rush, but I think knowing I couldn't would help keep me straight. Part of the appeal is that I don't have to pay in the trial(they actually pay you), and I don't have insurance. But I didn't want to go off just the few positive stories I have heard...

Is there any info I should know about ... has anyone heard of the implants?

They are lying; you can always use full agonist opiates on Suboxone, or buprenorphine. As an implantation device, they won't be administering naloxone. They are just lying to you by saying you can't cheat.

If the dose of buprenorphine that is released is greater than most people who take it sublingually, then you may just not "feel" heroin, and it may be a "waste". They may not tell you the dose that you will be on per hour or per day; you should ask about this before you get it. Then again if it's a trial, it's likely a dual blind study.

Good luck! Using Suboxone helped me quit, if you want an implant that's cool, but I think you should look into the payment assistance plan for Suboxone. :)

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place but I read on here awhile ago about a ADHD med that works kinda like Subs. Anyone know anything like this, or heard of it?? Thanks

I don't really think there is such a thing. Buprenorphine is useful for ADHD, I can attest to this; but most ADHD medications are stimulants. Even the ones marketed as "non stimulants" are even stimulants. They are just non-euphoric stimulants, that's what kind of a lie they are telling you on TV. I hate drug commercials on TV, they always make drugs seem like a perfect fix.

I got setup on suboxone today. I was curious to see what I would get, as they tend to over-prescribe, and natrually, that was the case.

For a 200mg a day oxy habit, I was told to take 8mg 3 times a day. 3 TIMES A DAY! I even told him, I am able to maintain on about 4mg a day, but he insisted that this regime was ideal. Insane. I go back in a week, in which I will get the remainder of my months script, at the dose I tell him that I feel comfortable on.

A good surprise I got, was the xanax prescription he gave me to help with sleeping and anxiety. Double score.

Overall it was good experience, my doctor was cool and its good I am taking control of my life.
keep you guys up to date on how it goes!

You got a good doctor. Suboxone is expensive; use what you need to maintain, and save the rest for a rainy day. :)

Use the xanax as needed but don't abuse them, it's really essential that you don't become dependent on benzodiazepines.

Ashley: trust me when I say that the "glory days" of opiates may be past you, but you will still have wonderful days ahead of you in your life!

I just had one of the most pleasant experiences in my life just a few hours ago, and I have been clean from heroin and full agonists for 18 months now. %)

Save the Vicodin for after you're done with Suboxone, like if you have mild pain or something. :)

I'm not sure if anyone can help with my current problem. After months of arguing with my doctor I was finally switched to Subutex. I'm sitting at 4mg twice daily (sublingual) and looking to experiment with IV/snorting. What would recommended doses be for either of those two ROAs? Back when I was using I'd IV 3mg and that tended to get me pretty damn high, though right now I think that would be far too much.

Nice! If they are the generics, you need to micron filter (or less ideally, cotton filter) them for IVing. If they are the brand names, then awesome. I can attest that the brand name Subutex micron filters (0.22 um) clear. =D

I would try < 0.5mg IV. That's the most you should do in a shot in my opinion.

The effects were identical to IV Suboxone for me, and probably will be for most people. Ironically, Suboxone dissolves quicker in water than Subutex for some reason.

It took me a few months to get here. Don't be envious, just keep tapering and one day you may get a buzz from them yourself. :D

But then again, I have heard from some people they don't get a buzz, even from low doses and after having tapered for a while. So I think it varies person to person.

it's really not that "Great" of a buzz. nothing like a full opiate. at least for me

It is for me, personally. I understand I am more than likely a minority in saying this.

I did meet someone who liked IV Suboxone more than snorting heroin. So I know I'm not alone here, but I am more than likely a minority here.

Im curious, I know I should wait 24 hours, but what timeframe am I looking at, I took 4 mg's of suboxone this morning around 11am, I somehow came across a bag of dope, I haven't done dope in 3 months, hopefully my tolerance will be lower, do yall think I'll feel the diesel? I've been passing fluids alot today, drinking alot more water/gatorade than usual.

I would wait at least 12 hours, maybe 8. 4mg isn't the largest dose but it isn't 2mg which is what I often took in the morning before using heroin to good effect 8-12 hours later that evening. Your mileage may vary.

if u use bupe youre tolerance for getting high should be around 80-120 mg oxycodone

That may be true for you, but isn't true for everyone else.

15mg of oxycodone got me really high, and I have been using buprenorphine daily before and after that. For hydromorphone, I only needed 1mg (equivalent is lower than the oxycodone equivalent, though I did IV both of them).

So would a 100mcg/hr patch worn as it's intended be a problem? I do notice that unless I go off Suboxone for at least a week, my tolerance is crazy. I just want to make sure I'm safe and don't end up OD'ing. Fentanyl is one of those drugs you don't fuck with. It ain't hydrocodone to say the least.

Much appreciated, I'm 100% sure if I'm reading the chart correctly. So if .075mg of Bupe = .05mg Fent than 4mg of Bupe would = X?

I just wanna make sure I don't, you know, die.

I really don't know, sorry man. I have no fentanyl experience. Make sure you have someone watching over you if you decide to use it and don't get a clear answer.

Thanks Capt.

I've got the 100mcg/hr patch on my arm as we speak. Applied it ~1 hour ago. Not really feeling it yet. Definitely took away the shitty no subs feeling.

I'm not going to sleep with it on, and if I feel I'm getting a bit too inebriated, I'm gonna take it off.

Thanks Capt.

I've got the 100mcg/hr patch on my arm as we speak. Applied it ~1 hour ago. Not really feeling it yet. Definitely took away the shitty no subs feeling.

I'm not going to sleep with it on, and if I feel I'm getting a bit too inebriated, I'm gonna take it off.

Smart move! Glad to hear you feel better at least. :)

Good luck and be safe!

new sub patient..needs advice

I'm on my second day taking suboxone...first time attempt at getting clean in my life...first time ever taking subs...through a doctor and a therapist

my problem is that I take 8mg in the morning and by 4-5pm I have this headache and it won't go away for the entire night.

ALSO I can't sleep...every night for the last year or two or three, I've gone to sleep so blasted on pills that I just passed out...now I'm trying to go to sleep when I'm all conscious...so I'm contemplating sleeping meds

looking for advice on how to get rid of the headaches...I'm now respectful and fearful of tylenol and would love to not take it for the rest of my life. Am I needing a higher dose of subs?

Status
Not open for further replies.