• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also just wanna say thanks to everyone in the thread who has given information or advice. Its so great to be able to have a place to ask questions I don't really wanna ask my doctor.

I feel minor withdrawal symptoms, as I have the last 2 days. I'm not sure if it's bupe withdrawal or still oxy withdrawal as I wasn't on the bupe for very long.

I've learned my lesson!

(I hope :))

I'm not an expert, Id wait for CH or someone to reply, but I wouldnt take the suboxne dose to early, mite wait 20+ hours. You mite start the precipitated withdrawls or whatever, I experienced those a couple days ago they're horrid.

I'm wondering how you know when your stable on a dose. I've been trying to lower myself over the past month, and for the last three weeks or so I have not exceeded 5 mg a day. I have been shooting up the suboxone in small chunks of 1 mg or less. I was getting nice little highs for a little while, but then yesterday, I took five milligrams, 2 which where insufflated, 2 shot, and 1 sublingual. today I shot up only a total of 1 mg throughout the day, and didn't get much out of it. I'm not sick or anything, but there's no buzz. Is there a way to keep your dosage to a point where you don't raise your tolerance and you always get a good effect?

I should probably also mention that I usually do not hit 5 milligrams, more like 2..

I also just wanna say thanks to everyone in the thread who has given information or advice. Its so great to be able to have a place to ask questions I don't really wanna ask my doctor.

No problem!

I'd wait for the morning; that way you should be in the clear, and will get pretty good relief from it. :)

I'm wondering how you know when your stable on a dose. I've been trying to lower myself over the past month, and for the last three weeks or so I have not exceeded 5 mg a day. I have been shooting up the suboxone in small chunks of 1 mg or less. I was getting nice little highs for a little while, but then yesterday, I took five milligrams, 2 which where insufflated, 2 shot, and 1 sublingual. today I shot up only a total of 1 mg throughout the day, and didn't get much out of it. I'm not sick or anything, but there's no buzz. Is there a way to keep your dosage to a point where you don't raise your tolerance and you always get a good effect?

I should probably also mention that I usually do not hit 5 milligrams, more like 2..

Yeah, I always get a good effect from it. I can't say that what I get out of buprenorphine will be what everyone else gets out of it, but I have a feeling if you steadily lower your dose down over time, you should always get good effects. :)

well I'm back on the Subs. Even though I got my hands on 100 7.5/500, they werent doing anything to me. seemed pointkess.

took 2 mg of sub this morning :)

Thanks for the welcome Capt! :) And as far as the $$ I'm waiting for insurance to kick in....been about 27 days now and I've been paying cash for my subbies for a few months...at $7.35 a pill it gets way expensive. I cant wait to have a 3 dollar co-pay and get my whole script out at once. This is literally breaking me. But, of course I find my way to make due, better than buying on the streets that is for sure!! It's an expensive script, but I can buy as many pills as I want a day and if I run out during the week, I at least know my script is there waiting at the pharmacy instead of having to call different dealers daily. I only have to come up with 8 bucks, compared to the xx-xxx dollars (or more sometimes) that I was paying before good ol' subbie.

I break my dose up throughout the day as well. Dont administer the same way as you ;) but I get 'er done in one way or another lol I don't know, maybe it's the addict in me, but I switch routes of administration daily. Nice to be here, it's nice to see so many people "like me".

Last edited by a moderator:
how much stronger is Bup than Hydro?

A LOT! I can't give you specifics...although I know someone here will be able to....but I can definitely say from experience and from others' experiences, Bup is one of (if not THE STRONGEST) drugs out there when it comes to opiates/opiods. But you do build a quick tolerance to it, (as he specified *for now*) and LESS is more with bup(read up). 16mg won't do you any better than 4-8mg. In fact u will just be wasting your dose. If you want to feel the Vics.....stop the subs for a couple days (longer if you can wait) and then take them, although you might need more beans to feel what you are used to from the hydro. test, test and experiment...safely. ;)

I am also new to BL. I am on 12mg's of suboxone daily. I hate taking tha much subligual suboxone. I want to taper fast. What do you sug. oh... and I am now on Ritalin and I don't even feel like taking my subs at all . I think the subs stops the effects of the ritalin as well., what are your thoughts? I can't beleive you are on only 4mgs of sub. Was it easy for you to taper? by the way my doctor had me on 24 mg of sub???? for a 180 mg oxycotin addiction . I live in mass. maybe it's the doctors out here, but i have never heard of a script that high for an oxy problem. I do love my doctor he sved my life. I just wish they where more relaxed and informed about the whole suboxone thing.

I am also new to BL. I am on 12mg's of suboxone daily. I hate taking tha much subligual suboxone. I want to taper fast. What do you sug. oh... and I am now on Ritalin and I don't even feel like taking my subs at all . I think the subs stops the effects of the ritalin as well., what are your thoughts? I can't beleive you are on only 4mgs of sub. Was it easy for you to taper? by the way my doctor had me on 24 mg of sub???? for a 180 mg oxycotin addiction . I live in mass. maybe it's the doctors out here, but i have never heard of a script that high for an oxy problem. I do love my doctor he sved my life. I just wish they where more relaxed and informed about the whole suboxone thing.

"my" suggestion to taper down would be to try to take yourself down 2mg's for a few days and if you feel a difference, add 1 mg back. But from my experiences with Bup, 2 mgs less shouldn't make you feel much of a difference. I an prescribed 24mgs a day,for just about the same mg oxy addiction as u. But I cant understand that seeing that if I take 24mg I dont feel any different than if I took 16mg? Even now, i dont feel any different than taking 24!

Have you ever tried snorting ur suboxone? 1-8mg pill sure makes a lot of powder, so I do 1/4 of a pill at a time, sometimes even 1/2 of a 1/4 at a time in about 30-45 min increments until i have my full 4mgs-6mgs. Your nasal cavity can absorb a smaller amount better than more because you dont want it to drain down your throat or its useless. If you dont want to bump it, you can even try to do 6mgs early in the morning, see how you feel after about an hour or 2 and if you still feel like shit, take 4 mg more, that SHOULD make u feel better and than you'll already be down to 10mg instead of 12. Most people experience that suboxone is VERY easy to come down to a low dose on and it seems to work MUCH better in smaller doses....weird i know, but it's true!

After you're down to 10mg, just take 2mg away at a time (or even 1mg if you find 2mg to be too much for your system) for 2-3 days, let your body adjust, and just keep tapering until you are at a dosage you are comfortable with. I like the lower doses better because I still feel great after dosing, not HIGH but "normal with an energy bump", and I can take a higher dose every once in a while (16mg or a lil more) and still get a decent buzz.

As for the Rittlin (sp?), I cant offer great advice there, but my experiences with amphetamines and suboxone has been good for me lol but then again I dont take it everyday either, just occassionally for a speed buzz. I'm thinking that maybe the Suboxone tolerance might cancel it out for you because of daily use, but those are just my thoughts, I cannot be certain on this. Someone else might be able to shed more light for you there. sorry.

I'd really love to hear if this works for you, others may have different experiences but this worked for me, I actually jumped from 24mgs, down to 8mg the next day, but I knew that 8mg would work for me because of past experience with suboxone. You should be fine! Good luck!! ;)

Last edited:
also, 6/7's method of sublingual use with an alcoholic solution to raise BA works GREAT! you can take less mg's because your body absorbs more. It's in the threads under other drugs out there, if you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to link it to you. It's really great.

well I'm back on the Subs. Even though I got my hands on 100 7.5/500, they werent doing anything to me. seemed pointkess.

took 2 mg of sub this morning :)

Glad to hear that Ashley! I hope Suboxone still works out well for you. :) Keep us posted.

how much stronger is Bup than Hydro?

potency and euphoria aren't necessarily related for your information.

Potency wise, buprenorphine is much stronger than hydrocodone.

Buprenorphine is a thebaine derivative with powerful analgesia approximately twenty-five to forty times as potent as morphine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buprenorphine

hydrocodone has a MEDD factor of .4, meaning that 1mg of hydrocodone is equivalent to .4mg of intravenous morphine. However, because of morphine's low oral bioavailability, there is a 1:1 correspondence between orally administered morphine and orally administered hydrocodone.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocodone

If you're taking the hydrocodone orally (only way to do Vicodin/hydrocodone in pill form), then buprenorphine is probably around 25 to 40 times the potency of hydrocodone. 5 to 7.5 mg of hydrocodone would probably get me "high" to an extent, but I really wouldn't enjoy it.

The "exact potency" is hard to say for any one individual though. Some people respond to some drugs uniquely different than others.

Thanks for the welcome Capt! :) And as far as the $$ I'm waiting for insurance to kick in....been about 27 days now and I've been paying cash for my subbies for a few months...at $7.35 a pill it gets way expensive. I cant wait to have a 3 dollar co-pay and get my whole script out at once. This is literally breaking me. But, of course I find my way to make due, better than buying on the streets that is for sure!! It's an expensive script, but I can buy as many pills as I want a day and if I run out during the week, I at least know my script is there waiting at the pharmacy instead of having to call different dealers daily. I only have to come up with 8 bucks, compared to the xx-xxx dollars (or more sometimes) that I was paying before good ol' subbie.

I break my dose up throughout the day as well. Dont administer the same way as you ;) but I get 'er done in one way or another lol I don't know, maybe it's the addict in me, but I switch routes of administration daily. Nice to be here, it's nice to see so many people "like me".

Yeah, that is excessive, I would try to get the generic Subutex until you get your insurance, at least.

I can't really allow prices outside of the 2010 Price Thread. You can talk about how much a pharmacy visit costs you (it's just not "looked upon kindly" so to speak).

Good luck!

Last edited:
my Oxy "dealer" has been away for the last 2 weeks, which is part of the reason I began Suboxone. I've definitely saved money the last 2 weeks, thats for sure ha.

I am nervous to see what happens when he returns. Those 40's are so tempting.

but at the same time, low doses of opiates don't do shit for me anymore, it's become this pointless vicious cycle...which is why the Suboxone came in, as it does for many.

I remember the days I used to take two 7.5/500 vicodin's and be plenty high for a few hours. And I was up to 100mg of oxycodone at the end. Just crazy. It took me about a year to get to that point, but its amazing how it all happens so quickly.

but at the same time, low doses of opiates don't do shit for me anymore, it's become this pointless vicious cycle...which is why the Suboxone came in, as it does for many.

I remember the days I used to take two 7.5/500 vicodin's and be plenty high for a few hours. And I was up to 100mg of oxycodone at the end. Just crazy. It took me about a year to get to that point, but its amazing how it all happens so quickly.

Were you performing a CWE when using all of those vicodin or just taking them as is?

so ive been iving my subutex and i went to the pharm to get some new rigs and for the first time ever they made me sign a log and show them my id, they wrote down my address and shit. should i be worried or is this just soem type of census? next time i need some needles im just gonna be like NEEDLEJUICE NEEDLEJUICE NEEDLEJUICE!

another quesiton. me and my mate both iv are tex and he does around 8mg a day and claims he gets dopesick if he doesnt have a shot of subutex within 8 hours.(2mg shots, prob at least 3-4 times a day) i find this very hard to believe because my tolerance is at the same level and i do less subutex than him and i can go days without getting sick, and this dude is bigger than me too. anyone who iv's their subs. what dose do u use and how long before u go into withdrawal?

I had a question about suboxone implants, wondering if anyone else has heard of them or used them. They are running trials here in San Diego starting over the next week and I am pretty sure I am gonna do it. I have tried methadone for a few months but I didn't do well on it, besides the fact it always made me sick. This guy who works at the exchange and knows about my history recommended me to the trial. I am 23 yrs, used oxys off and on for about 3-4 yrs and the past yr been smoking, then IVing H. I really want to quit, my life is manageable and I am independent but I really hate spending so much $ and having this secret.
I have been trying to research suboxone the past several days.. people I know have only been able to tell me that it successfully helped them or someone they know quit but that they took the pills, not the implant. They said I will not be able to cheat and get high, especially with the implant since it is stuck in your arm for months. I was thinking that would be a good thing for me, because I cheated quite a bit on the methadone. Just had to feel that rush, but I think knowing I couldn't would help keep me straight. Part of the appeal is that I don't have to pay in the trial(they actually pay you), and I don't have insurance. But I didn't want to go off just the few positive stories I have heard...

Is there any info I should know about ... has anyone heard of the implants?

Last edited:
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place but I read on here awhile ago about a ADHD med that works kinda like Subs. Anyone know anything like this, or heard of it?? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.