• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drink all the time on suboxone. The sub doesnt mess with me at all when I am drunk. In fact, I actually like the way it feels in combination with each other. Hangovers arent any worse either.

Some Suboxone questions/ Withdrawl/Piss tests etc

Hey guys -

I've lurked a long time, just finally registered today to ask this question. I saw a few other threads similar to this topic, however my situation is different and I need a good opinion before I throw myself into crazy withdrawls or something.

I have been taking suboxone for 8 months now. I had a nasty heroin habit for 6+ months after starting with vikes, valiums/xanax/Ambien everyonce in a while, to OC every day, then to save money I got on the tar and was using xanax/valium and Ambien everyday, all day . went to rehab for a month, got clean, started the suboxone treatment and then just relapsed this weekend. I did a bout 160 mgs of oc over the course of the weekend, basically just using to stay well because it wasnt getting me that high due to the sub blocking the opiate receptors i guess.
Last night I did about 40 mgs of OC before bed, at around 12:00 1:00.

Now its Tuesday, I'm at work and I feel like shit. I'm feeling like I have the beginnings of withdrawls, sweats, chills, aches etc. I've heard you're supposed to wait 48+ hours to start sub again, but since im feeling so shitty right now, could I start it up again now? Should I wait? I'm afraid if I have to wait until tomorrow, ill go cop some dope tonight and be back into my full flung H addiction.

I also have an appt with my sub Dr. this week. To get a refill I have to take a piss test and all that, is he going to cut me off the sub if he finds OC in my system? I'm super scared about that, and I dont know wtf im going to do if I lose my sub. thanks for any help you guys can provide.

if u start subs without wd for 48 hours it will send u into wayyy shifty wds.

Medicines are scripted by docs for a reason; trust there judgment

On this site it says that Oxycodone can be traced in pee for 8-24 hours:

***Edit: Please don't link to that kind of website. - Mr Blonde***

That should give you enough time to pass the drug test.Someone else should probably answer the sub question.

Welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sunset117 said:
^^not to be a dick but I think testing questions are a no go

If what I asked about testing is not allowed, I'll edit it out. I'm really just asking if anyone has experience with relapse working with a sub dr. did you get cut off when he found out?

Edit: Thanks Mukaki.

Sorry to bump again - really need some advice. I'm withdrawling at work, feeling like shit.. although its not the worst withdrawls I've ever had, im hoping im good to start sub soon. Anyone care to comment?

i would try a small dose if you're in physical withdrawal. you're in w/d cause the oc you were using has dissipated/left your opiate receptors. therefore taking sub shouldn't "bump" any residual oc out of your system. maybe wait until after work, because there's still a chance it can cause precipitated w/d but i would personally chance taking 2-4mg just to see. i used 4mg sub within 10 hrs of shooting a couple bags of heroin and i was fine.

ok so i feel a shit ton better already. I took 4 mgs, then another 4 mgs. - which is my normal dose of 8 mg.

as for euphoria i'm not sure because 99% of the time over the past year (until the past 2 weeks) i'd do blow when drinking, so i don't think it'd be fair to judge... hangovers were worse in the first couple months of maintenence but that went away completely.

sixpartseven said:
I drink all the time on suboxone. The sub doesnt mess with me at all when I am drunk. In fact, I actually like the way it feels in combination with each other. Hangovers arent any worse either.
Si. I am on 4mg a day, and when I drink, I don't notice any difference. And when I drink, I drink a lot. As 6/7 said, it only makes it better.

However, its been years since I haven't been on opiates, so I don't remember what its like to drink without opiates. When I was on heroin I didn't drink as much as I do now, mostly because I didn't need alcohol if I had heroin, and also because it made me sick.

I do not recommend that anyone consumes any alcohol in combination with opiates.
As Erowid says:
Know your body. Know your mind Know your substance. Know your source.

You can take the suboxone when you feel the withdrawals. Anytime someone says a number, like 48 hours, its just a rough guidelines for those people who need exact answers. As long as you're in WDs, which can be as short as 12 hours for some people (it mostly depends on the half-life of the opiate that you took), you can take sub without worrying about it throwing you into precipitated withdrawals.

mukaki said:
On this site it says that Oxycodone can be traced in pee for 8-24 hours:

***Edit: Please don't link to that kind of website. - Mr Blonde***

That should give you enough time to pass the drug test.Someone else should probably answer the sub question.

Welcome :)

Drug testing Q's aren't allowed, but I'd like to correct what you said anyway. Its a lot more than 8-24 hours. I wouldn't trust anything about drug testing if its coming from a company that sells items to scam drug tests. Its more like 2-3 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks alot johanneschimpo, I've read alot of your posts and you're always very helpful, and I was really hoping you would reply to this post.

I was super scared this morning to take my sub, but I did after the above suggestion and I feel so much fucking better now. My w/ds from heroin+xanax was the worst thing I've ever been through, ever, and i was afraid like hell to go through that again.

Merging question about suboxone WD and relapsing into the sub mega-thread.

disputedtruth said:
Sorry to bump again - really need some advice. I'm withdrawling at work, feeling like shit.. although its not the worst withdrawls I've ever had, im hoping im good to start sub soon. Anyone care to comment?

You can take suboxone safely.

In fact, its the best way to judge when its okay to take the suboxone. Once you start feeling sick from the OC/heroin/whatever, then you know its okay to dose your suboxone. No need to wait 48 hours. Thats totally unnecessary.

Buprenorphine is one of the safest opioids. Don't combine it with methadone however. That's dangerous.

Gum Base said:
I got a question. I don't have insurence. If they don't give me my scripts at the hospital that the suboxone clinic is at and add it to my couple $1000 bill already aproximatly how much will suboxone cost with no insurance? rough estimate?
appreciated

i went to the pharmacy to pick up my Suboxone prescription, which was only a week supply of 8mg tablets 2x/day. Due to a temporary insurance issue i had to pay full price of $57 i believe for 1 week supply. (New York State), and i cant forget the first $150 initial visit with the doctor, and the follow-up $60 appts...expensive!!

So outta curiousity i took my regular 4mg of sub yesterday in the morning and around 4 oclock in the afternoon i took 50 mg of hydro and got a nice lil buzz. everyone is different obviously but i guess i didnt have to wait 24-36 hrs to feel other opiates. today im poppin percs and hydro like crazy and getting some effects but definitely not what i was expecting....

^ Unfortunetely that will be short lived. your tolerance will just go up. That's the way it works. your body tries to maintain homeostasis and makes adjustments.

When you take it away w/d happens. Hence the cycle of addiction.

Sorry to be a downer but it's better to have no illusions:\

Status
Not open for further replies.