• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Thanks for the offer man. I appreciate it.

I was making a batch of chocolate chip cookies when you posted that, sorry I didn't reply earlier. I'm not offended at all.

Thanks man ,just a gesture of good will since I've realized from what I've gathered here and there that it can be a nightmare to be on Subutex in the USA ,at least when compared to here (Europe) and I think that we already have it pretty hard as it is with no need at all for the powers that be to make our path to recovery even harder ...plus I've always loved to row against the tide in general and by sharing what I have at my disposal without thinking of profit comes across as a breeze of fresh air in this selfish ,uncaring environment we experience all around us on a daily basis ... hahahaha @ this sudden burst of cheap humanitarian filosophy on my birthday ,tsk,tsk ...

I dont get why health insurance doesnt cover Subs. If it did I would be getting my own script

Thanks man ,just a gesture of good will since I've realized from what I've gathered here and there that it can be a nightmare to be on Subutex in the USA ,at least when compared to here (Europe) and I think that we already have it pretty hard as it is with no need at all for the powers that be to make our path to recovery even harder ...plus I've always loved to row against the tide in general and by sharing what I have at my disposal without thinking of profit comes across as a breeze of fresh air in this selfish ,uncaring environment we experience all around us on a daily basis ... hahahaha @ this sudden burst of cheap humanitarian filosophy on my birthday ,tsk,tsk ...

Happy bday you Sagittarius!

So Cap ,regarding Midazolam , just have it dissolved in water and jack it up ?

Yup! That's what's great.

I prefer to mix in 3.75mg with 70-80 units of water. I throw in a cotton, and draw back as many units as I can.

There's no need for any other solvent; midazolam is soluble in water.

Enjoy!

I dont get why health insurance doesnt cover Subs. If it did I would be getting my own script

You need to get a different health insurance provider.

My health insurance covers Suboxone, they get billed over $100 each month.

hey CH

i have a question.

how much subs would one need to IV to equal up to 2mg sublingual? I have 2mg and need to stretch it out

hey CH

i have a question.

how much subs would one need to IV to equal up to 2mg sublingual? I have 2mg and need to stretch it out

Well it depends.

I use 2mg sublingual, but I IV 1/6 of 1 MG. (0.16...mg)

I would suggest try 1/3 MG or 0.25mg.

If you have a relatively low opiate tolerance that's where I would recommend you start at.

Well it depends.

I use 2mg sublingual, but I IV 1/6 of 1 MG. (0.16...mg)

I would suggest try 1/3 MG or 0.25mg.

If you have a relatively low opiate tolerance that's where I would recommend you start at.

im just trying to get well. ill give .25mg a go. which I guess id need to split to 1mg than split that in half to two .5mg than split again. making sure I get that right. the half life via IV is half snorting right?

its wierd like I said time and time again..I thought bupe regardless would eliminate out your system the same time minus the time it took to kick in. Is there a reason why bupe or any other drug leaves out your system faster via IV? ahh dumb question I know

Last edited:
im just trying to get well. ill give .25mg a go. which I guess id need to split to 1mg than split that in half to two .5mg than split again. making sure I get that right. the half life via IV is half snorting right?

its wierd like I said time and time again..I thought bupe regardless would eliminate out your system the same time minus the time it took to kick in. Is there a reason why bupe or any other drug leaves out your system faster via IV? ahh dumb question I know

It's because when your body is all of the sudden given a dose of a drug and it kicks in that quickly, the metabolization process starts up more initially, and is more ready to deal with a dose of drug. Using something sublingually gives a more gradual onset and the body doesn't become as "used" to breaking down buprenorphine, so it takes it longer to eliminate it.

The half life is technically the same, however the duration is changed.

A drug's duration can vary a lot depending on ROA. For example, when you orally take oxycontin (which has a very high BA for oral dosing, due to a very forgiving first pass metabolism) it'll last many hours. If you IV it (100% BA), it'll last 1 to 2 hours at the very most.

Why the duration changes upon ROA is something I couldn't say for sure 100% but I have a good idea, which is what I was talking about in the first paragraph.

Yeah, if you break a 2mg pile up into 8 piles, each pile will be 0.25mg.

Yeah it's cool though, don't worry about me. I'm getting micron filters soon. I have already ordered several. It's only a matter of time. =D

Had to wait for $ first. Plus a site with a better price for the watson 0.2 microns, but the site was out of stock on those.

For being able to get one or two weeks' worth of solution out of one micron filter, they're very affordable.

what up CH, i haven't been on in a while but i see that you're getting ready to start making some injectable bupe solutions.

If you remember i was making a 2mg/ml solution that would last me a month and i ended up getting pretty sick from some sort of a bacterial infection (cotton fever).

Since then i have been able to make a successful solution that still lasts me a month but is much safer.

Before i was using regular bottled water and thats what got me sick. This is the process i use, take what you want:

1. Buy 30ml Bacteriostatic vials for $4.00 each, 0.2 micron filters, 10ml syringes, 25G 1/2" needles, all of which can be found fairly cheaply and if you only do it once every 2 weeks or a month the cost is low for me and the ease of use is so awesome

2. I take 2 metal measuring cups and sterilize with alcohol pad, put in 20mg bupe into one and crush with sterilized implement (mortal and pestle would be best).

3. Use 10ml syringe and 25G needle and pull out all bac water and push into second measuring cup. Take 10ml out of that and push into your powder, let sit for 5 minutes.

4. Pull up as much liquid as possible with needless syringe(doesn't matter if you get some particulate, micron filters are amazing), if you pull up with a needle and then attach that to the micron some particulate will get into your solution

5. Take new micron filter and fit 25g needle to it, and then attach to your syringe full of solution. Push through the micron filter into your empty bacteriostatic bottle.

6. Repeat this process 2 more times and you will have a 2mg/ml buprenorphine solution that is completely and totally clear. Then, when you want a shot, just wipe bottle with alcohol pad, use a new needle and pull out units and inject.

Notes: Bacteriostatic water and using a brand new needle every time has resulted in absolutely no negative side effects from start to finish of a month-long solution.

This process takes me only 10 minutes when you get it down.

I would also like to say that it is not safe to inject this stuff not micron filtered. After i got sick i just did what you do and let it settle to the bottom and pull up, after one month i was starting to have chest pains which have since gone away since i've been micron filtering. I was only injecting 1.5mg a day.

Also, eight0eight, how are you doing man, i still think about you every once in a while and hope you're doing well.

^ I don't understand whay you just don't prep each pill for shooting as you need it. I wouldn't risk getting sick like that..

Yeah mate - I'm alright. Back on the subutex, but haven't used for almost a fortnight. I did manage to get off the bupe for almost 2 weeks, but the insomnia and general sickness drove me mad. Didn't get enough benzos for the cluck. Need to address that next time.

How are you?

Thank you

what up CH, i haven't been on in a while but i see that you're getting ready to start making some injectable bupe solutions.

If you remember i was making a 2mg/ml solution that would last me a month and i ended up getting pretty sick from some sort of a bacterial infection (cotton fever).

Since then i have been able to make a successful solution that still lasts me a month but is much safer.

Before i was using regular bottled water and thats what got me sick. This is the process i use, take what you want:

1. Buy 30ml Bacteriostatic vials for $4.00 each, 0.2 micron filters, 10ml syringes, 25G 1/2" needles, all of which can be found fairly cheaply and if you only do it once every 2 weeks or a month the cost is low for me and the ease of use is so awesome

2. I take 2 metal measuring cups and sterilize with alcohol pad, put in 20mg bupe into one and crush with sterilized implement (mortal and pestle would be best).

3. Use 10ml syringe and 25G needle and pull out all bac water and push into second measuring cup. Take 10ml out of that and push into your powder, let sit for 5 minutes.

4. Pull up as much liquid as possible with needless syringe(doesn't matter if you get some particulate, micron filters are amazing), if you pull up with a needle and then attach that to the micron some particulate will get into your solution

5. Take new micron filter and fit 25g needle to it, and then attach to your syringe full of solution. Push through the micron filter into your empty bacteriostatic bottle.

6. Repeat this process 2 more times and you will have a 2mg/ml buprenorphine solution that is completely and totally clear. Then, when you want a shot, just wipe bottle with alcohol pad, use a new needle and pull out units and inject.

Notes: Bacteriostatic water and using a brand new needle every time has resulted in absolutely no negative side effects from start to finish of a month-long solution.

This process takes me only 10 minutes when you get it down.

I would also like to say that it is not safe to inject this stuff not micron filtered. After i got sick i just did what you do and let it settle to the bottom and pull up, after one month i was starting to have chest pains which have since gone away since i've been micron filtering. I was only injecting 1.5mg a day.

Also, eight0eight, how are you doing man, i still think about you every once in a while and hope you're doing well.

Thanks for the update man! I ordered bacteriostatic water too! I'm glad I did. My exchange gives out "sterile water" which says it expired over 4 years ago! 8o

I'm glad you haven't gotten any ill effects from this yet. I was thinking about making 2 weeks' worth of solution at a time instead of 1 month becuase I am rahter wary of bacteria growing. Plus I might taper ever so slightly every 2 weeks so I think making a new solution every 2 weeks would be a good idea.

I can't wait to have solution ready for when I need it.

I also CANNOT wait to make it to the needle exchange. I have SO many used needles it isn't funny at all.

But once again thanks for the advice!

^ I don't understand whay you just don't prep each pill for shooting as you need it. I wouldn't risk getting sick like that..

Yeah mate - I'm alright. Back on the subutex, but haven't used for almost a fortnight. I did manage to get off the bupe for almost 2 weeks, but the insomnia and general sickness drove me mad. Didn't get enough benzos for the cluck. Need to address that next time.

How are you?

Because micron filters would cost a lot more if you prepped each shot one by one.

Plus, having solution ready for yourself which has been run through a micron filter with bacteriostatic water is really convenient VS prepping a shot each time you need to.

Yeah man, stock up on the benzos. Let them know that it helps you get off H and that should be their overall goal in their medical service to you.

How are you?

I still admire you for even trying , I haven't used in a long time but I know I would if I stopped subutex. And CH said it, it would cost like several hundred dollars monthly for filters, they don't give them out in the US.

I also wanted to say that it's possible to get pain relief from full agonists while on buprenorphine. I destroyed my ankle playing basketball and was scripted hydro 7.5's and I would take 3 and not feel much but my pain went away becausue now it hurts like shit.

I actually felt strange only taking a couple at a time when I wouldve taken the whole bottle in a day a few years ago.

Errr......no they're not.

I get the ones made by "Arrow" pharmacuticals - I just crush them in (literally) a second with the end of a syringe plunger - they dissolve pretty much instantly.

The generics here are made by Roxane labs. So, yes they are very hard compared to the name brand Reckets and Beckets .

^^^ instead of buying heroin on the street id rater get subs from a doctor and shoot it up just like heroin :/ fuck if i know

Poppy tea rules

Why the hell is everyone shooting subs ? and anyone ever try poppy tea?

Not everyone IV's buprenorphine. The sublingual + alcohol route has boosted BA and a long duration.

The reason one would IV buprenorphine is because it lasts 4-8 hours, and requires a very small dose, and you get 100% BA. Plus if you have a low opiate tolerance it gets you pretty high, just like a regular opiate.

Can't believe pharmacists are so fucking dumb.

The one I go to now take me into a little room and sit right opposite me and watch me take put the "Subutex" in my mouth.

The thing is, is that what I put into my mouth is actually a piece of damp, rolled up tissue - and the sub is still firmly in my hand! TBH, I actually find it more of a buzz than the sub itself!

well shooting subs gives you a euphoric high ?
and i may get some poppy tea ? anyone else like it

I have problems switching from 8mg to 6mg. I switched last Saturday morning. It's Monday evening. Three days have passed and I have chills, cold flashes and mild diarrhea. I've been keeping myself at the same dose for 7 days every time before I change the dose. What should I do now? Go up to 8mg again? I don't know. I'm starting to think I'm unable to zero myself and maintenance is the only solution. Too bad I don't want to go on a program - firstly, there is no room in indefinite-time maintenance program for me, secondly. And zeroing at the detox is way more painful than doing it on your own here. I don't know how it looks like for Suboxone but I saw how the doctor here brought people down to 0 from 30mg methadone in 5 days. Private life is starting to push me towards shooting again. And I broke through buprenorphine easily a few times with 3-methylfentanyl at 0.03 - 0.04mg like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.