• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOu said get me at least a week ? Do you have suggestion as to how to do that

Take 2mg on your first day, and see how you fare. You can take another 2mg on the first day if you feel bad, but past the first day, only take 2mg per day.

day 1-> 4mg
day 2-> 2mg
day 3-> 2mg
day 4-> 2mg
day 5-> 1mg
day 6-> 1mg
day 7-> 0.5mg
day 8-> 0.25mg
day 9-> 0.25mg
day 10-> 0mg

Do you think you can do that?

I suggested snorting because he can easily stretch it twice as long as that, if not longer by snorting it. The half-life is so long, you still get held over by the effects from the shorter but more powerful effects that snorting gives. When I had a limited amount like this, I found that the most important thing was having some amount in my system over as long of a period as possible, even if it was a small amount.

I suggested snorting because he can easily stretch it twice as long as that, if not longer by snorting it. The half-life is so long, you still get held over by the effects from the shorter but more powerful effects that snorting gives. When I had a limited amount like this, I found that the most important thing was having some amount in my system over as long of a period as possible, even if it was a small amount.

The reason why I wouldn't/don't snort Suboxone is because of the 50% BA. 50% isn't "bad", but comparatively, you can boost the BA with alcohol sublingually, and I would personally prefer that.

Plus, I know how unpleasant the taste is sublingually, I don't wish that upon anyone's nasal palate. :\ Just my 2 cents.

If you like snorting it/it works for you, then stick with it. I have heard some people on here say snorting Suboxone kind of messed up their sense of taste. Did you get that, Weevil, or do you think they were just snorting too much?

The generic subutex pills are the best if you're into IV - captain H.

They are literally a tiny fraction of the size of name brand subutex/suboxone - basical just 8mg temgesics.

The filter really easily.

The generic Subutex are hard as fuckin rocks, advil disolves better. I liked the Rickets and Beckets name brand waaaaay better.

The generic Subutex are hard as fuckin rocks, advil disolves better. I liked the Rickets and Beckets name brand waaaaay better.

Thank you for the input.

Maybe the generics available in the UK are made by different manufacturers?

Because you are from the states, right thugpassion?

Yes, thats right Im in the united snakes. And when I got my first script of generic Subutex I was dismayed. They look like big round white pecocet not the crumbly ovals that disolve in water w/o even moveing them around.

And yes, I do bang my Subutex more often than not. But even oraley they do not disolve very well and are the same thing as sucking on an asprin. They are much more labor intensive to disolve or suck on than the name brand subutex ......c'mon, some other people in the U S had to have noticed the same thing.

Yes, thats right Im in the united snakes. And when I got my first script of generic Subutex I was dismayed. They look like big round white pecocet not the crumbly ovals that disolve in water w/o even moveing them around.

And yes, I do bang my Subutex more often than not. But even oraley they do not disolve very well and are the same thing as sucking on an asprin. They are much more labor intensive to disolve or suck on than the name brand subutex ......c'mon, some other people in the U S had to have noticed the same thing.

I have yet to try Subutex; my doctor does not think it exists.

captain
thanks . i will try it . are you sure its best to stay at 2 mg for four days and then at 1 mg for just 2 days ?
I think I can do it . Do you think I wont be very sick at the end if i follow it ?
hope so

And do you think given fact that i took methadone for 2-3 weeks at low doses , avergae about 20 mg a day ..................that i can jump to the subs about 24 hours after last meth dose and be ok ? and should the meth affect how sick i feel when i get to end of sub taper ? or should it be out my system by then ?

I have yet to try Subutex; my doctor does not think it exists.

Thats wierd, Iv never had a Suboxone in my life and Iv been on them(subutex) on and off since 2004, holy shit its going to be coming up on six years! And Captain are you in the U S? Thats strange your Doc wont see the light when it comes to different types of generally the same drug.

captain
thanks . i will try it . are you sure its best to stay at 2 mg for four days and then at 1 mg for just 2 days ?
I think I can do it . Do you think I wont be very sick at the end if i follow it ?
hope so
Honestly it'll probably vary for you.

If you feel OK from 1mg or 2mg, don't take any more until you don't feel very good at all again.

That way, you might taper down quicker than you might expect. You're still going to experience some WD symptoms, but just a tiny bit of buprenorphine can go a long way in relieving the vast majority of the symptoms to some degree.

If you can get to 1mg quicker go for it.

You might be sick at the end, but you'd be a lot more sick having not tapered with the Suboxone at all. So really, it'll be a lot more comfortable to do the quick taper with Suboxone.

And do you think given fact that i took methadone for 2-3 weeks at low doses , avergae about 20 mg a day ..................that i can jump to the subs about 24 hours after last meth dose and be ok ? and should the meth affect how sick i feel when i get to end of sub taper ? or should it be out my system by then ?

No, you definitely want to wait until the methadone is fully out of your body. I don't know how long it will take, but I would wait at least 24 to 36 hours. If you feel full WD's at 24 hours, you can take 2mg and see how it goes. However if you don't feel full WD's at 24 hours, wait longer.

The methadone should be mostly out of your system by the time you're done with the Suboxone taper.

If 20mg is low enough to just wait 24 hours and switch, then you can certainly try. I suggest waiting as long as is possible, to the point until it's unpleasant.

Thats wierd, Iv never had a Suboxone in my life and Iv been on them(subutex) on and off since 2004, holy shit its going to be coming up on six years! And Captain are you in the U S? Thats strange your Doc wont see the light when it comes to different types of generally the same drug.

Yeah I'm in the US, on the east coast. My doctor is insisting I begin tapering soon, and I really don't want to. I still have to pay $50 whether I get X mg or Y mg, why get the less MG for the same $? I can't afford that! So I'm going to have to click on the lovely "Find a Suboxone Doctor!" link yet again.

Why couldn't I get one of those doctors who happily writes 32mg scripts? :|

Errr......no they're not.

I get the ones made by "Arrow" pharmacuticals - I just crush them in (literally) a second with the end of a syringe plunger - they dissolve pretty much instantly.

Errr......no they're not.

I get the ones made by "Arrow" pharmacuticals - I just crush them in (literally) a second with the end of a syringe plunger - they dissolve pretty much instantly.

Well, to me it sounds like maybe the US generic is not "Arrow" pharmaceuticals.

That's what I'm guessing.

LOL But that was great 808, crushing the pill with the end of a syringe plunger! Good times.

Citric acid does not cause one to become positive for Hepatitis C.

With a micron filter, you can IV both midazolam and buprenorphine together.

Buprenorphine is water soluble, no need to use citric acid.

What exactly are you asking though, I'm confused? Do you want me to give you step by step directions?

hahahaha , wouldn't call it "step by step direction" ,it's just a case of never having IVed Midazolam before and its colour intimidates me lol, and as for the citric I wasn't too clear in my post , sorry, forgot to mention people who use it also use it to IV coke, for instance ,since as you know it's very easy to miss a hit and not feel a thing (at least with coke) and the addition of citric prevents that from happening , nothing to do with solubility... basically what I'd do since I never IVed neither Bupre nor midazolam is I'd pretty much be adding water ,filter it and that would be it ,ready to go ...just making sure there's nothing more to it . Sorry for not having been that clear in my post .

Yeah I'm in the US, on the east coast. My doctor is insisting I begin tapering soon, and I really don't want to. I still have to pay $50 whether I get X mg or Y mg, why get the less MG for the same $? I can't afford that! So I'm going to have to click on the lovely "Find a Suboxone Doctor!" link yet again.

Why couldn't I get one of those doctors who happily writes 32mg scripts? :|
Edit: Joke or not, that'll get you on the naughty list. -phrozen

Last edited by a moderator:
Please , don't let my generosity offend you ...not my intention at all , I just think we should stick together and help one another as much as possible .

LOL! Thanks for the offer man. I appreciate it.

I was making a batch of chocolate chip cookies when you posted that, sorry I didn't reply earlier. I'm not offended at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.