• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Strong Sleeping tablets.

There is a killer all herbal but super effective sleeping product on the Aussie market that I am not allowed to name. It contains extracts of hops, skullcap, celandine and lotus.

It really works. I personally find it stronger than benzos with no hangover. I bought a new supply at 4am this morning!

Give it a try if you can and support our Aussie plant heads.

I tried some of this one on the weekend. It was weird; not the kind of relaxation I was expecting but definitely drowsy, didnt stop me waking up a few times though unfortunately.

Natural is always better, if you cant sleep dont try, just stay up, the next day exercise get out the house, go jogging whatever it will help.

Otherwise, Mogadon=long 12 hour strong sleep aid (dont take more than prescribed I slept through my work alarm more than once)
Temazepam=Intermediate effective but not in the prescribed dose and always ran out early
Halcion=Crack of benzos (~2 hour half life from memory) will put you out for sure but only useful if you can stay asleep after the drug wears off. Also a little rarer, my doctor had never heard of it before handing me over the script................

I have tried others but these were the most effective for me, back when i was reliant on a pill to sleep. Sustanon gives some good advice, there is nothing worse than your sleep cycle controlled by pills and guess what happens when you run out.

Interesting read on the mirtazipine foots, my mum has been prescribed them as a sleep aid, funnily enough at the same appointment she was told she needed to loose weight, wheres the logic in that? Is it that hard to write a script for temazepam for a 50 year old. I might ask her for a couple test them out shes too scared to take them lol.

Last edited:
I tried some of this one on the weekend. It was weird; not the kind of relaxation I was expecting but definitely drowsy, didnt stop me waking up a few times though unfortunately.

I feel really bad about this. I just got my new order and the product didn't have any effect on me. I told the manufacturer and they said it must just be me. The old ones used to knock me out dramatically so that is why I gave them such a good plug. They are now twice the price as well.

While we are on the subject, I have been up for 2 days now,
50mg dexies yesterday, valium 20mg and codeine 600 for comedown but as i realised sleep was not going to happen around 3am i dropped a koi fish to make the rest of the morning interesting, All was good came up for a couple of hours feeling real good, think i may have dosed off for an hour dont ask me how lol

50mg dexies today to get me through the day and 10mg valium. Now i really wouldn't mind an early one tonight so would it be safe to do my daily CWE of 600mg take 30mg temazepam ontop of the 10 val today and 20 yesterday? Will that put me out I haven't had a sleeper for ages but really need it tonight. Could I also chuck in a promethazine for good measure?

88brenno said:
Interesting read on the mirtazipine foots, my mum has been prescribed them as a sleep aid, funnily enough at the same appointment she was told she needed to loose weight, wheres the logic in that? Is it that hard to write a script for temazepam for a 50 year old. I might ask her for a couple test them out shes too scared to take them lol.

It does seem like a weird one to prescribe if she needs to lose weight, though maybe if it's meant to be short term it wont have much effect on her weight. It affects everyone differently but IME my weight gain of one kilo a month is the least I've seen anyone put on, my old housemate was really skinny, used to get called 'ano' at school and whatnot, and she put about 30 kilos on it. I've also heard it was what Anna Nicole Smith was on when she got super fat, but who knows.

If you are going to try it I recommend taking just 7-15mg, as when you increase your dose its adrenergic effects become more pronounced and it becomes more stimulatory, though this may be more significant with long term use.

88brenno said:
50mg dexies today to get me through the day and 10mg valium. Now i really wouldn't mind an early one tonight so would it be safe to do my daily CWE of 600mg take 30mg temazepam ontop of the 10 val today and 20 yesterday? Will that put me out I haven't had a sleeper for ages but really need it tonight. Could I also chuck in a promethazine for good measure?

Usually I think benzos and opioids together should always be avoided, but codeine is the one opioid where it doesn't concern me so much. It depends on your tolerance to both the codeine and benzos, given you're a daily user of codeine I would think it'd be fine. Maybe you could hold off the temaze until you see if just the codeine and promethazine works.

I dont really want to use the prometh as I have stuff to do in the morning and hate the groginess, Lucy told me last night I need a break from the phets ;) so if I wait 4 hours after my cdub to dose 20 - 30mg mazzies that would be safe considering iv waited for the half life to take effect I assume. There would be valium in my system but nothing out of the ordinary, last dose being atleast 6 hours b4 the cdub. If im still awake in 2 hours (6 hours post cdub) then im gonna probs take like 12.5mg prometh sound reasonable?

Re: the mirtazipine, It wasn't prescribed for short term, but as a replacement for a bottle of wine to help sleep daily, I do worry about the withdrawal she may experience if its anything like the ssris i tried, why not just use a benzo, surely thats gotta be better for the brain than some sleepy AD, or the liver damage that follows excess alcohol consumption. In any event I wont be able to get my hands on some until about atleast a weeks time.

thanks for the help muchly appreciated!!!!

Last edited:
I got prescribed some valium to sleep. doctor was understandably hesitant, but it does work well for me. Only problem is the dependence, I was dependent on it before so it is a big concern.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get a physical dependence on valium? i was taking 60mg a day for over a month and needed a taper and it fucking sucked. Obviously don't have the access or the intention to do it again. but lets say I take 10mg a night to sleep, and have 50 x 5mg tablets. Shouldn't be a problem right? I think I might skip some days as I have some trazadone and other shit like restavit. may skip weekends when sleep is not as big a priority.

I got prescribed some valium to sleep. doctor was understandably hesitant, but it does work well for me. Only problem is the dependence, I was dependent on it before so it is a big concern.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get a physical dependence on valium? i was taking 60mg a day for over a month and needed a taper and it fucking sucked. Obviously don't have the access or the intention to do it again. but lets say I take 10mg a night to sleep, and have 50 x 5mg tablets. Shouldn't be a problem right? I think I might skip some days as I have some trazadone and other shit like restavit. may skip weekends when sleep is not as big a priority.

Why didnt you ask for a more selective hypnotic benzo like temaze or nitraze or zopiclone, using it for sleep is a very quick way to addiction, more so than the hypnotics IME, 20mg valium would make me comfy but not fall asleep, its not prescribed for that.

I used to be on 5mg per day with no ill effects in regards to missing doses, its when i started using speed my consumption went up to 10-15mg per night mixed with cwe but that's what amphetamines do to ya, so hard to resist a nice,soft,furry couch to melt in and help crash :) and I notice if I don't take it now i feel strange, twitchy and just very hard to describe but its a slippery slope i wouldn't advise above 5mg daily for short term use.

If however you suffer quite bad anxiety, and have exhausted all other treatments offered by your doctor, then you should research other ways to try help you, failing that long term benzo treatment is an option but not one to be taken lightly, self control is of the utmost importance.

Last edited:
88brenno said:
Re: the mirtazipine, It wasn't prescribed for short term, but as a replacement for a bottle of wine to help sleep daily, I do worry about the withdrawal she may experience if its anything like the ssris i tried, why not just use a benzo, surely thats gotta be better for the brain than some sleepy AD. In any event I wont be able to get my hands on some until about atleast a weeks time.

Mirtazapine is a unique anti depressant which can't be classed into the typical categories. It's not an SSRI and it's not associated with a withdrawal syndrome like SSRIs. I'm not a huge proponent of anti depressants but IMO in terms of side effects and efficacy it is vastly superior to SSRIs,which I would never go near again.

I think the dosages you've suggested for the benzos and codeine will be ok, it really does depend on your personal attributes and do remember that valium has a very long half life, I'm sure you're aware of all that though.

It just boggles my mind why a doctor would prescribe something meant for depression/anxiety that has a sleepy side effect as opposed to just a benzo, shes not depressed I see her often and she is always merry, happy,cheerful even without the wine, she just has issues sleeping as of late, not to mention the weight gain possibility when that very same doctor said she needed to loose weight. She might be due for a visit to doctor brenno I think lol.

"Unique AD" or not, that still doesn't change what it is an AD. I dont know alot about this specific one but I know enough to stay far away from any form of AD. I have read of people having to taper off the shit with brain zaps, god i hate those.

Effects of sudden cessation of treatment with mirtazapine may include depression, anxiety, panic attacks, vertigo, restlessness, irritability, decreased appetite, insomnia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, flu-like symptoms such as allergies and pruritus, headaches, and sometimes hypomania or mania.[49][50][53][54][55]

Last edited:
Why didnt you ask for a more selective hypnotic benzo like temaze or nitraze or zopiclone, using it for sleep is a very quick way to addiction, more so than the hypnotics IME, 20mg valium would make me comfy but not fall asleep, its not prescribed for that.

I used to be on 5mg per day with no ill effects in regards to missing doses, its when i started using speed my consumption went up to 10-15mg per night mixed with cwe but that's what amphetamines do to ya, so hard to resist a nice,soft,furry couch to melt in and help crash :) and I notice if I don't take it now i feel strange, twitchy and just very hard to describe but its a slippery slope i wouldn't advise above 5mg daily for short term use.

If however you suffer quite bad anxiety, and have exhausted all other treatments offered by your doctor, then you should research other ways to try help you, failing that long term benzo treatment is an option but not one to be taken lightly, self control is of the utmost importance.

Temaze is ineffective and I need to take like 5 tablets to sleep. zopliclone is good but it knocks me out for only 3 hours and the sleep on it sucks. Also if need be I can redose valium to get back to sleep and then wake up when my alarm goes and not be half tripping and fucked up. I start work pretty early so need to have my wits about me.

But yeah, hear you on the addictivness and being prescribed valium for sleep is what originally got me addicted. though back then I suffered bad depression and anxiety so just took plenty of it throughout the day to deal with that. I don't really have that problem anymore. so won't be abusing it. Also having breaks on the weekends would be good.

It just boggles my mind why a doctor would prescribe something meant for depression/anxiety that has a sleepy side effect as opposed to just a benzo, shes not depressed I see her often and she is always merry, happy,cheerful even without the wine, she just has issues sleeping as of late. She might be due for a visit to doctor brenno I think lol.

"Unique AD" or not, that still doesn't change what it is an AD. I dont know alot about this specific one but I know enough to stay far away from any form of AD. I have read of people having to taper off the shit with brain zaps, god i hate those.

Don't forget "antidepressant" is just a name someone gave to these drugs because they were found to help with depression in some people - it doesn't mean they should only be used for depression. Most antidepressants have been shown to be more effective in anxiety than depression and low-dose tricyclics are commonly used to aid sleep, especially in older people. I assume the rationale for mirtaz is the same.

Whatever the withdrawal syndrome from antidepressants involves, it's definitely safer than withdrawing from benzos. In reality, benzos should almost never be prescribed as a regular sleeping aid for more than a week or two.

Don't forget "antidepressant" is just a name someone gave to these drugs because they were found to help with depression in some people - it doesn't mean they should only be used for depression. Most antidepressants have been shown to be more effective in anxiety than depression and low-dose tricyclics are commonly used to aid sleep, especially in older people. I assume the rationale for mirtaz is the same.

but how effective are low dose tricyclics versus a *hypnotic for sleep purposes? FOR short term as in One SCRIPT only. Especially if there is no underlying anxiety or depression, she went to the doctors for a flu, asked about something to help her sleep temporarily (being 50 years old) she doesn't even get the choice if she wants to mess with her various brain chemicals seratonin, ect ect or just take the tried n true gabaergic only drug, because some doctors have a benzo phobia. I dont know maybe im way over my head, I am very tired but I do worry, and it would be nice if she had been informed about what she was prescribed, all she was told was that it was a sleeping pill.

She just messaged me said she tried one last night but struggled to stay awake all day today so she wont be using them again anyway... time for that much needed cwe

Last edited:
For me I recently just tried Halcion and WOW! What a benzos! Knocked me right out. I took only 1mg and was OUT! And I have a very high tolorence for benzos too.

Why would going to doctors be prohibitively expenseive, just go to a bulk-billing GP :D

I think it's important not to get trapped thinking benzodiazepines are the panacea for sleep problems. They also have serious side effects that must be considered, and they're not always going to be the best solution for every person. In the same way, keeping an open mind, and doing research on alternative methods can be useful.

88brenno said:
"Unique AD" or not, that still doesn't change what it is an AD.

As Divine Moments has also commented, 'anti depressant' as a category doesn't refer to a single class of drugs. The category contains many different compounds which have been judged (rightly or wrongly) to help with depression in some cases, many with completely different mechanisms of action. As such there's no standard 'anti depressant' which is indicative of all the rest - the different classes should be judged separately, because that's what they are - different chemicals.

As I've already said, I'm not a proponent of anti depressants, and my point is only really to say that I think it's important to do some research and judge each chemical on its own properties, rather than assuming that 'anti depressant' is in any way a uniform category.

I can see where your coming from now, I was a little bit spun before, nice n mellowed out now, sorry if I sounded ignorant before, I have just had some bad experiences with them previously, although anti depressants certainly play an important role in many peoples lives, and just because its classed as an AD does not mean it cant be used for other purposes, with potentially added benefits.

i think if used for a brief amount of time for insomnia, then antidepressants can have alot of use, and also have a slight effect on elevated mood. But I wouldn't take them for more than a month or two. I find after this time they have they start have the anti depressant effect, but also some of the more detrimental side effects like loss of libido and ability orgasm, weight gain, and discontinuation syndrome. which is actually pretty horrid, and though not as bad as benzos, is certainly not fun and goes on for ages.

The particular AD your mum is taking I can't comment on, I'm talking about SSRIs, in particular zoloft.

Spacejunk your right each individual will experience different subjective effects from any one substance. I can sleep but the side effect is the junky scratch, then I just stay up scratching until I get phenergan or some similar antihistamine into me (3x 25mg phenergan is also fucking great sleep aid). High dose oxycodone is more the dream/sleep state but that starts at 40mg sublingual and a puke. No issues dream/sleep with morphine, H, fentanyl patches, poppy seed/pod extracts and codeine. That said I have never had super huge doses. Tramal makes me fucking shake so it's a no go for me.

Chloral hydrate will knock your ass out. Does anyone know of it being prescribed at all in Australia? It's an older drug used for insomnia, largely superseded by barbs then benzos. I think it's legal in the UK.

A. <3