STARSCAPE June 8th, Baltimore MD

It's Amanda! (no more batcountry).
I had a fantastic time and THE BEST roomates ever: BKR, Squeaks, SgtD82, and Web. Oh, and a chair-surfing ShaDDoW.
BKR- Well, thank you so very much for posting my wahwah moment. How can I EVER repay you?! Perhaps another spanking... Seriously, you made my weekend and made me giggle a lot. Just Add Water=InstaFriend!
Squeaks- I had an awesome time at the party with you, and your generosity helped me have a fabulous time. I'll always remember being suspended in the geodesic dome ("Uh, it's at CAPACITY!") Rockin' outfit (even if you've retired it)and post your pictures soon.
ShaDDoW- Thanks for playing taxi for us. Oh, and for being so hot, too.
My favorite nonparty moments were taking the boys shopping (boys take SO long), the Honey Bee (I actually stopped there again for a cup of soup when I left), and staying in the hotel room hours and hours after checkout. Nobody felt like leaving!
Also, it was great meeting E-girl, frostyangel, Crow and all the other Bluelighters.
It was definately worth the severe sunburn and speeding ticket. BKR, Squeaks, and Web - I can't wait to see you again. I'll be reserve our room for next year!!!

*trying not to have deep deep regrets about skipping this party*
I am saying, right now, that next year absolutely nothing on this earth is keeping me from going to Starscape. And I know Jamal and Kev will hold me to that. :) Oh and Dave, you're going too but I'm sure you already know that! Damn us for being broke this year... SS sounds absolutely amazing, as do the people that attended!
I did have fun at River Rave though ;)
Peace ~Katie

To those I already knew, my heart is still glowing from the joy you always bring to it.
For those I just met, my life is better for it - deeper, more interesting.
For those I didn't meet, uh...when's the next party?

I did pass the meetup area quite a few times... I looked for familiar faces like buzzy and kasper... but found myself spending most of my night in the psy trance area... looking out over the water... and reflecting.
I spent at least 90% of the party alone, even though I came down with a bus load of friends. The party was fantastic... and although people may not have realized it, I had a great time.... alone. It was just what I needed.
I am happy.

all I have to say is....DAMN what a good party! I had a great time chilling with old friends and putting faces to names I have read and seen for some time. Ultraworld put on another great party, from the $1 water to the free lineup cards with a map of the venue layout all I can say is that this party is becoming a yearly event for me.
I know for most of the night I was walking around enjoying each room and spending a lot of personal time of reflection and soul searching. To those that I met, it was great to meet you and spend time with special people from a special community I hold very dear to me. To those that I was unable to met, next time.
The Music was great but as always it's not where you are but who you are with, hugs to all.
The Sunrise was the best way to end a night :)

HAHAH whoops i ment east coast. Yeah i bet i could squeeze in her dorm! haha

I'm at work trying to catch up on some sleep......zoned out..catchin some of the latest EMixes from ftp.essentialmix.ca.... this day is finally coming to an end.
Yikes, that party was crazzzzed! Great time, Yo, they made mad improvement from last years party starting with the House (Main) area. But i think to top it off though they finally lowered the prices on water. Not as many people fell out as last year, i think that may have been directly
related to lower water rates and awareness of those beans. I feel like Alan Greenspan, preaching about interest rates. But anyway, much love to ya'll reading these forums. keep the beats rockin!!!!
Xcessive77, Egirl and everybody else keep it real until next year......L8

Wow...from Friday evening to Monday evening...this weekend rocked hardcore!! This def was the best party i've ever been to. Thanks to all of the badass BLers out there for making this such a special event. This was a weekend of memorable first for me...first NE party, first BL meet-up, and a few other things ;) First of all...my roommates were just plain awesome...thanks a lot Web, Squeaks, Amanda, and BKR. To the rest of the BLers...meeting and partying with you all was just as awesome as the party.
Web and Squeaks: Two of the coolest people i've ever met. Thanks for all of the planning and preparing you did. We def need to party again.
BKR: Dammit I want to see that pic!!!! It's not cool to take advantage of passed out people ;)
THE WOOD: Damn...finally got to meet you. You're one cool mofo. Send me a line anytime you want to chill. I need to get my RITM cd back though :)
Xplore: Major props. From the email list to everything else you deserve a lot of credit. I'm glad we got to party together.
ryanlaughlin: Damn dude...too bad you're way the hell out in Ohio...we need to party again. I think I ran into you more than anyone else there. I've got to see that vid also.
E-girl: Maybe if you're awake next time i'll get to know you :) It was cool partying with you though.
Candygrl66 and Sam: Damn...partying with you both was just fucking crazy!
frostyangel: Damn...you're awesome. Well...except for the glitter, the water on my pants, the tickling, and bite marks ;) Just kidding...and the dryer was pretty damn interesting for your information :) We seriously need to party again.
I'm sure i'm forgetting so many others....sorry. TO ALL K WHORES AND NITROUS WHORES...we had some great times indeed. From the party to car trips, wandering around the hotel, and blanket rituals...def some vivid and not so vivid memories i'll cherish forever.
[ 11 June 2002: Message edited by: SgtD82 ]

Originally posted by SgtD82:
BKR: Dammit I want to see that pic!!!! It's not cool to take advantage of passed out people ;)
Oh but it was SOOO necessary!!! Dayum i forgot about that!!!!! haha~! :) I'll have the pics ready and scaned tomorow :)
and Shaddow!!!! hehe I love you! :D :D :D

Batty:
I had a fantastic time and THE BEST roomates ever: BKR, Squeaks, SgtD82, and Web. Oh, and a chair-surfing ShaDDoW.
when two doods came in with SgtD82, I was one of them (dood in the visor). YOu and the other people in the room looked kinda shady at the fact that ya werent familiar with the people in the room (and due to the contents scattered about it, i can understand why, no worries!!). Glad to hear ya had a good time.
SgtD82
I need to get my RITM cd back though
SHIT sorry man, someone else nabbed it cuz i took it out of J's cd player and stuck it on the table. MY BAD!!!
TO ALL K WHORES AND NITROUS WHORES...
Ahhh thanks for supplying me, NITROUS WHORE MASTER!!!!!!!1 And i woulda been a k whore too but i dont got no $$ :(

wow
i had an absolutely fabulous time
i dont think the weekend could have been more perfect... could have been longer though
the music was incredible
the vibe couldnt be beat
and of course the company of all you lovely people was greater than i could imagine
i could go on and on, but ill leave you all with some photos of the night...
IMG_2955-01.jpg

IMG_2961-01.jpg

IMG_2963-01.jpg

IMG_2966-01.jpg

IMG_2974-01.jpg

IMG_2975-01.jpg

IMG_2980-01.jpg

IMG_2982-01.jpg

IMG_2988-01.jpg

IMG_2993-01.jpg

IMG_2995-01.jpg

IMG_2998-01.jpg

IMG_3001-01.jpg

IMG_3002-01.jpg

IMG_3004-01.jpg

IMG_3027-01.jpg

IMG_3030-01.jpg

IMG_3034-01.jpg

IMG_3035-01.jpg

(oh and to the people who i snapped pics of, i have those uploaded too... but i didnt want to post them for your privacy :) so email me and ill give u the link*)
i miss you all...
til next time :)

ok, i finally found my way to a computer to post. first and foremost, i would like to say DAMN!!!
really don't know quite how to describe how amazing this party was, but those of you who were there know. people were crying at the end bc they didnt want to leave!
The 13-hour roadtrip was well worth it-Kevin(coldshot)-youre the best. thank you thank you THANK YOU for driving. much appreciated by all. (we're taking a plane next year, right?) Teddy-you are the only one who could be half as pumped for this party as i was-thank you for convincing me to get the day off from work. (and thanks for sitting in the middle-i know that had to suck) Jamal, it was fun making everyone run late :) Jay(Icey)-you're awesome at the strings, and awesome to party with-we must do this again soon.
THE OHIO KIDS: By far some of my favorite bluelighters, met you guys at boo, very cool to meet up again-i may just have to round up an ohio roadtrip??
Skippie/Nick: you are such a sweetheart, had a really good time chillin with you towards the end of the party, kinda disappointed i didnt get to hang out with you more.
Pookie: you have the most original dance style. Andy C's set was awesome, glad to have a dancing partner during it.
Gonz/James: You set me up!! haha! good to see you again.
i met about a bajillion more Bluelighters, and there is no way in hell i can remember everyone's names, but this is me trying: Abby, Sebastian, Web(and his newbie friends), Ali, Femme Fatal, Edokie, E-girl, Explore, BKR, Princess Lolita, ummm....damn this is hard, im getting a headache. next time im bringing a pen and paper.
and yeah, i doubt ANYTHING could ever top this party...except maybe next year at Starscape :)

Ok after getting some sleep and shit let the review begin.
Amie, Brandon and I arrived at Starscape at 930 pm. After tormenting the head of Ultraworld at the gate we entered the venue. Right away I was blown away by the production of this event. This was not a rave, it was more of a carnival. The main area was a huge stage with AMAZING SOUND. They had a laser that must have shot over half of baltimore. We were met at the gate by none other than Pookie, my roomate, and keith. how odd! The venue it self was a sprawling park along the bay. There were 6 stages, an art gallery, the most vending I had ever seen, and a stage done by gearmonkey that featured fashion shows, martial arts demos, and dance crews as well as an MC battle. The Psy-trance stage was by far the coolest, it was right next to the water and completely filled with blacklight respnsive decorations. More promoters in the midwest need to take their cues from companies like ultra world and have a decorating budget, you would be suprised what some blacklight paint and a giant mushroom can do to a venue.
Now for the music :
Red One's was the first set I really stopped and listened to, it was off the hizznook, quality mixes and excellent track selection
John Acquaviva set bored the hell out of me, it was some lame chill kinda disco stuff and it seemed that they turned down the main stage system at the time, cause he sounded very quiet as compared to the other talent on that stage
I didnt listen to much of Jumpin Jack Frosts set, but what I heard was good
Archdreams experimental set was boring BUT it was coupled together with an interestingly evil stage show with these fire breathing witch women.
Shimon was quality as I would expect
Scott Henry played a good set to round up the night, but I didnt stay to watch it long as I the sunrise coming up over the bay was INCREDIBLE.
But the set of the night went to Mr. Andy C
WOW Can I say impressive. Some of the darkest tracks I have ever heard, not to mention that when he plays he is SOO into the music its an incredible sight. BUT FUCK MC GQ. In the first 26 min of andy's set he called for 7 rewinds. God I was soo pissed. Why cant Mc's just let the fucking DJ spin????
After the party was over and we had gotten rid of some 4800 revolution 3 flyers Amie, Brandon and I drove throw the parking area in the silver bullet bumpin various saturday morning cartoon themes much to the enjoyment of baltimores finest crackheads. Did anyone of you bluelight people see/hear the car that was blasting inspector gadget/ scooby doo/ seaseme street, if so that was us.
Shout outs:
Skippie : my roomate, odd that I drive 7 hours and run into you after being there for 2 min. We think too much alike.
Ryan: where the hell were you???? I finally found you during the sunrise.
Glow worm: Your damn right I set you up...LOL...nothing but love for you babes.
There is sooooooo many more and to the people whose names I forgot, well I still luv you

hahaha , fuck that fucker in that shop, all i was doing, was trying to see if i could meet with that girl at the party...and i did want that fuckn sticker ( i got it also ).....but this party changed my whole out look on drum and bass...i thought i loved it before i went, i didnt leave that tent the whole fuckn night...
oh and that ghetto ass 15 year old right out side one of the shops that i tryed to get my mack on...shot down...WTF stupid baltimore people :)
Glow Worm you do need to get yo ass to ohio...we are da badest mother fuckers around, fo sho! uh!!!
web .....we are the drum and bass kids from ohio...we know how to set shit off bra!!! unlike some of our counter parts...we can act our age
to my ohio crew....lets go show these mother fuckers in ohio what we learned...muhahaha them fuckers wont know whats going hit em!
But mr james is right, if we had partys even slightly like this, our midwest path would be alot more shinny!...we have party every weekend, some are thrown together in acople days...kinko flyers using the same venue 21 times in a row, and they wonder why we are all becoming sick of shit....
[ 11 June 2002: Message edited by: klownny ]
[ 11 June 2002: Message edited by: klownny ]

Those photos got me to tearin'. :(
I'm glad you all had a good time though.
Bluelighters rock in real time...
don't they?
:)

Okay now its my turn :)
(Be prepeared this is quite quite long)
Where do I begin......
I arrived in Baltimore at around 1:30 on Friday afternoon and left around 8pm on Monday night.
I had probably the best time in the world. I think this party has just reawakened me :)
Some Highlights of my vacationOkay alot of highlights :)
To the BL'ers new and old......
To people I have crashed with over the past three days
Amanda:So glad to meet you. Sorry to hear about the ticket. That dome was great Its at capacity was def on the money. It was great walking with you throughout the Scape all night Hope your interview goes well with the school.
Web:Great to see ya again this year. Its cool about the massive hotel invasion on day one because that way I got to see everyone again. When in Philly you def gotta look me up and I will show ya around.
SGTD82:I am honored to be the first BL'er you got to meet and doubly honored to be the first person to break your k cherry. LOL remember the Blanket Indian Dance. What about my little elevator ride. The neverending boxes of whippets! You are such a cool person. You def need to get your ass up to Phily some time. Stay away from laundry rooms though
BKR:So glad to finally get to meet you. Shopping at the mall was fun. I bet you wouldve like to have seen me in womens lingerie now wouldnt you! Cant wait to see that candid shot you took of me. Too bad you didnt get to see my penis Maybe next time :p
E-girl:One of the first BL'ers I have met. So glad to finally get to spend some time on you. Boy can you sleep. You prolly where sleeping for the both of us though. Cant beleive you didnt wake up with all of us falling on you in all our jello-ness. I am def going to make a trip up to Wilkes-Barre.
FrostyAngel:You can call me whippiewhore all you want. Out of all the new BL'ers I met you by far where the greatest. I feel I have known you for a very long time. Next time keep the glitter far away from me. I promise not to call you Nicola anymore. Stop reading my mind though(hehehe SkippyWhippie).Hey next year we should switch costumes and I will wear the coconuts :p. Cant wait to see that gift Will be checking my mailbox everyday.
You guys are now going to be my k buddies as I dont think I can ever do k without you!
Candygirl and Sam:Glad to have met you. I need to get out of the Bubble. That last night was awesome and to think you guys where going to go home. See what k does when you unexpectadly get enough to kill a dog lol. Have fun with those Blankets. They actually found Sams liscense but the cleaning lady was upset because of the room being trashed. Beer The breakfast of Champions.
To those who I met and partied with
Aby:My skinny friend. So nice to see ya again. Sorry we didnt get to talk as much this year :-(
Aly and Dags:You two rock. I know this wont be the last time I will see you two even if I have to fly all the way to the West Coast(once you get there)
Spencer and Fizzygirl:Ditto! look for me when I come to Cali(oh yes the Squeakers will just have to make an appearence over there
Brooke:What happened to my backup singer? I dont think I will ever sing Come on Eileen ever again.
AJ:So glad to get to meet you even if you are Canadian ;-p That phone call that was made in the room was hillarious. You are a great singer.
Seth:Next time you want to scream into the microphone come to a karaoke bar in Philly with me
Meow:I cannot Thank You enough with all your generosity you have shown me this weekend. I will not say I miss you because you know as well as I that we will be BUMPING into each other at the local clubs. Hope you get home okay tommorow.
Alex:Thanx for inviting me to Dinner. Never ate at a Bob Evans Before. You are a great guy.
TheWOOD:ME whippet su whippet. You think I am a whippet master well you havent met the CFL crew yet I truly can bow down to them :)
Kasper:The whippet virgin LOL my ass!
The Ohio CrewSorry I didnt get to talk to any of you much even though we where next to each other in the car
Mella:I finally got to meet you after seeing all your inspiring posts. YOu are such a cutiepie
Sinthetic and Chacha:Seems like every year we keep bumping into each other at the same exact time. Hope to see you when I head up to NY again.
LuckyCharms:You will be in my prayers tonight
XPLORE:Thanx for taking the time to set up the web page. That ride in your car was probably one of the funnest times in my life. Sorry if I scared you with my funny faces. I was not going to throw up in your car though!!!!
Shaddow:Thanx for the ride to the hotel after the party ended. You couldve crashed in the bed ya know because I didnt use it the whole night. Hope that couch wasnt as uncomfortable as it looked. Great to see you again.
Mr. Sticky:What can I say about you. Your posts keep me coming to BL and your meetups are allways a pleasure till the next time.
Crow:It was fun chilling with you in the hotel Bar. Hope you have fun with your new place.
Buzzy and Chrissy:Its allways soo much fun seeing you two. I think you two will stay cute forever and ever. Chrissy wish you lived around the corner from me still :-(
DakevaThe asshole of chat(well not anymore)It was great seeing you again and remember what you said to me at Whistle 3 about pimping guess I showed you :p
TO those I have not mentioned I am truly sorry I met like 15 more Bl'ers throughout that weekend and I think I have taken up quite enough pageage.
Until the Next time the Purple Pimp will be retiring his outfit and making plans for an even funnier and more outrageous one.
For those who have my email addy please send me mail or call me. Stimulating conversation is what I need right now.
See everyone at One Nation if I can go!
[ 11 June 2002: Message edited by: Squeaks ]

wow words can not explain how much this weeken meant to me. every since i got back from the milatary. it was very hard 4 me to get back to the swing of things, and i really thought that my partie day were over, but this week seeing my old crew and meet the new faces of bluelight completly crack my anti social shell. it's almost like i was reborn again. thank u all.
mella- it was awsome to finally see u again and you boi is a cool guy call me soon to hang out again...
aj- dame it's been to long. but i got my aj fix 4 now, please let not let it b another 1.5 yrs till u see u again..(don't 4 agin u have not used u kasper pass yet)
dazzel- i tryed looking for u but u were mia all tonite. well i hope u had an awsome time...
squeaks- was deff the bluelight pimp of the nite.
crowe- deff awsome to see u again
frosty angel- one of my new friends... sweeite your awsome. no thanx is needed for the kindness, the pleasure was all mine hun. i think we really connected with some of the conversations we had. your just a doll. deff got to hang again.
web- your cool as shit thanx 4 the braclet
buzzy&philly jungle- another partie in the record books 4 us. words can not explain how much it felt having us togething once again. i love u guys...
e-girl- with the few partie we been to together this one i will never for get.we connect in such a way, i feel like i bonded with u like i never had with any one else. u were one of the people i owe it to, that crack my anisocial shell ... thank u, love.
cant wait too see u and angel again. i deff need to b surrounded by friends like u's more offen
man!! there so many more i'll add them in the morning
362 more days till the next starscape!!!
kasper
[ 11 June 2002: Message edited by: kasperBoy ]