• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer Dogs at upcoming rave

eggman88888 said:
Even better still that the police are trained in first aid, they will be right there to help you when you're choking on a plastic bag!

Well everyones a smart arse, but as i said they're tiny little baggies only big enough to fit one pill, you wouldn't choke on them.

no info n the sniffer dogs :)

just wondering, if you had a pill in your pocket and dropped it just before you walked in, the dog would still be able to smell it right? then what would happen?

can you get fucked for smelling like drugs?

No you cant get fucked for smelling like drugs, but could be quite embarrasing to be stripped searched...although some cops might try and bust you for that little pile of lint mixed with a few marijuana crumbs, perhaps a bit of powder off your pills and whatever residue might be on the money your carrying - they could find quite a few charges there for you, but seriously, no.

yeah, i wonder with the money? you could have heaps of notes which have been used.. and you would never know it.

a few of u are saying we all hate dog's. i dont, with all the media bull shit after 2004 two tribes what do u expect is gonna happen, i remember the tv footage they showed after tt04 a male the camera angle was sholders down and he was showing proble 5g cash asorted pills and other dill bags he had it spreed out over his chest in day light so tt 05 what do u think happend? its off topic i know but dont hate the dog's hating the police ill let slide. the media are proble the main reason cops do ambush events now n then another eg. a club in melbourne on a friday nights lets say its near luna park there was a colum in the paper the title was "stkilda drug market" or soemthing like that the next week bag! dog's cops every where all because it was brought to the public's eye and people pay tax's for reasons

^Good work Pleo.

On a more general note, how many of you have (like me) been reading this thread and getting more and more edgy with every passing post? I'm starting to get rather paranoid about this rave. I REALLY do not want to be targetted by a cop with a sniffer dog, let alone actually busted. The whole concept of a sniffer dog feels like a violent and insulting penetration into this little subculture that feels way more like home to me than the 'real world.' I don't care that the law is the law. Raves mean so much to me because they allow us all some precious few hours in which we can indulge in some imagined freedom. Just seeing a cop dog in that state would bring me down in a way that I struggle to express. :(

Fry-d- said:
Rather than getting speculation from people on here from different states ring the promotor or contact the police or media and ask them. If the promotor knows they will tell you and if the Police are planning a presence they will usually let someone or the media know.

I presume the cops are not obliged to tell the promoters in advance that they will be present?

This isn't exactly 'harm minimisation' but anyway I usually try to minimise how much I eat close to dropping a pill, but if your not the type to get nausia off pills then eat a massive meal just before heading off to whatever event, on arrival triple-drop and if all goes well you will have a slow time release of whatever is in the pill over the next couple of hours :) but of course things could go wrong, get nausia and throw up that big massive meal, the pills hit you fast and suddenly your peaking like hell get panicy and have a panic attack etc.

But I do agree with Black Octagon, the more I read this thread the more paranoid I get. Originally I was just going to ignore the dogs and hope for the best, now I'm most likely going to drop em before I even get there and hopefully buy some 'left overs' from friends that aren't quite as pussy as me :D

^yeah fuck, i got advised just double drop before entry and just be good with that... although i get knocked on my ass on a whole so ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont wanna miss out on anything

^and what exactly is one meant to do if they're going to an event that will span 3 days or more??

Just bring lsd, mushrooms and heaps of RC's...doubt the dogs would be trained to sniff any of those out. Or otherwise don't bring any drugs in...have a bit of scout around see what the dog presence is, if its too bad then perhaps just try to buy in there or if you feel ok with bringing drugs in then go back and get your drugs and party hard!

Yeah psychedelics will be the big ones I daresay. Though they can only be of so much use due to issues of cross-tolerance.

I will never, repeat never, buy drugs at an event.

I don't think the types of drugs you carry and whether these dogs can detect them makes too much difference. I recall reading a report stating that only 25% of people identified by these dogs as smelling of illegal drugs are found to actually be posessing any drugs. Considering the demographics the police target when using these dogs 25% amounts to what I'd estimate to be about the same as a random sample.

While I'm not saying the dogs don't work I am saying that I wouldn't assume that in not posessing something which a dog can identify I'd be safe from identification and the resulting search by police. I've seen enough people nabbed who don't posess anything, just because you don't have something the dog can smell doesn't mean the dog won't identify you anyway.

Hmm I haven't read the rest of the thread so please excuse me if im not posting anything new (or deleate my post even).

But just on the news I saw that they have decided to go forth with taking sniffer dogs to Queensland pubs and clubs. They said that 3 dogs are currently being trained for the job.

I wonder how many people will decide to eat all there drugs instead of wasteing them by throwing them on the ground?

Fry-d- said:
Rather than getting speculation from people on here from different states ring the promotor or contact the police or media and ask them. If the promotor knows they will tell you and if the Police are planning a presence they will usually let someone or the media know.

Okay, I cannot tell you all how happy I am that I followed Fry-d's advice. It's unclear whether we're all talking/thinking about the same event, but I just emailed the admin of my event (late November...) and they were very very cool about it. They said that the police had told them well in advance that yes, they would be present, but only in very small numbers and only to keep the peace.

I even asked them to tell me if they had any uncertainty about this at all, but they were very explicit that there will be exactly zero sniffer dogs present.

My mind is very much at rest, and I recommend to anyone feeling at all anxious about their respective events that contacting the relevant people is much more worth it than 'getting speculation from people on here from different states,' as Fry-d rightly points out.

:):):)

those sniffer dogs freak me out......only because i love smoking a few doobies before events......and the smell is rather strong.

Black Octagon said:
I presume the cops are not obliged to tell the promoters in advance that they will be present?

from what i have been told cops should let club owners no or event managment if they will be presant inside a club or rave if they do let event staff or club owners no they can arrest someone doing the wrong thing inside but if the cops dont get permition then they cant but would most likly follow u out side dont no if police always go by the book but yeah