• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer Dogs at upcoming rave

^ Exactly. Half the science cops employ when using drug detection dogs is to notice those people acting suspiciously. The police then have a target to walk the dogs past.

odorless? News to me mate...

Pure methamphetamine is completely odourless, as is pure MDMA. It's the usual impurities present and solvents used in the synthesis that the dogs are trained to smell

Originally posted by hazzard002

Seems like people selling top shit will get rewarded then

haha amen to that brother.

i been hearing stuff about dogs not being able to smell xtc pills. i know they are well trained and shit, but i just duno how accurate they are. i wouldnt really wana rely on this but u know....

i think the best advice to give is to take it before u get there, that way its not on u. but i've heard of a lot of people taking it in on em and dogs not sniffing them out or anything.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/01/1088488097904.html?oneclick=true

in nsw there are only about 12 actual sniffer dogs. so im thinking they probably have at raves only a couple of actual sniffer dogs and the rest are probz just ordinary K9 unit. but again dont take my word for this, just mu opinion.

Always assume the worst, ie sniffer dogs will be at an event, at least that way if there are you are at least kinda prepared.

As for there being real sniffer dogs or not, in my opinion thats not the real point, they have a pretty big intimidation factor. If ur carrying a fair amount of drugs on u and have to walk through a group of cops with dogs (who may be able to detect drugs), you'd be feeling a little paranoid. I know I would :\

edit: added last paragraph.

straight ridah said:

...in nsw there are only about 12 actual sniffer dogs. so im thinking they probably have at raves only a couple of actual sniffer dogs and the rest are probz just ordinary K9 unit. but again dont take my word for this, just mu opinion.

i know for a FACT this is not true. i must carefully word the following, but, i have been to a place (operated by police) that is where many, many, MANY sniffer dogs live. in nsw. and it was probably less than a year ago. there is probably more places like the one i went inside of, so i would say the number of sniffer dogs, in nsw, is likely to be over 100.

Having never been to a big event with sniffer dogs I dont really know how accurate this is, but I don't really expect that if the dog sniffed you out that they would really do a full strip search on you.

ie. just be smart, don't carry too many drugs, enough for yourself, yourself only and hide them well. The cops are looking for dealers. Above all, prepare yourself, tell yourself that the dog will come and sitdown next to you, think carefully about what your going to say, it could be the difference between a quick empty pockets/pat down or back to the bus for a full cavity search 8(

Also a little statistics, out of 18500 at *a particular event* there were 46 drug related arrests. Didn't go so I don't really know, but its probably conservative to say there were 5000 people on illegal drugs, so 0.92% of drugs users/dealers got arrested. So yeah, just take it easy and be confident :)

[edit]Event details removed; p_d

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Guys/Girls.

Here's some facts. I work as a qualified dog trainer in general obedience, but particulary in scent detection ( not narcotics ---> just high level advanced training ). I teach dogs to find things such as fruit, match sticks (sulpher), mothballs, you name it, you can teach a dog to find it.

We humans cannot possibly fathom what a dog smells. We have about 1% of our brain dedicated to smell. A dog's is around 10%.... You just can't comprehend it....

I of course like most (all) people on this forum enjoy a 'good' night out. My problem is that, I understand what a dog is capable of.

Here's an example.... Back in 1973 some german shepards were trained to find gas leaks on a line between scotland and england. The pipe was losing about 8 pounds of gas per hour. They trained 3 dogs in one week to detect gas leaks... The results were amazing.. The builders thought there would be 6 or 7 leaks.. The dog's in 5 days, tracked down on a 50 mile line, 185 leaks... Of which one was 18 feet down .. yes 18 feet down at a microscopic level leak in the pipe...... That one story truly blew me away..... I kinda of laugh when I here of people loading up there baggy full of chilli to throw a dog's sense of smell.... arrrghhh!

To be honest, I just don't know what to do....

Unfortunately there is a thing in the industry that is called 'soak time'. Even if you say quadraple bag ya stuff , within a few hours (hopefully longer), the smell of the contents will seap through bags.... (just how quick can you get through the line...).

Talking to a mate that works for a 'certain' state police department, informed me that the last time the dogs were on the door at a 'certain' venue that there was only two of them and they were borrowed from quarantine.....

Look, the purpose of this email is not to scare people off, it's just to let you know the true potential of those fricking bloody dogs that could target on you at one of these events. I personally am concerned, being confident when you walk in has nothing to do with it...... If the handler asks his dog to smell ya crouch and you've got ya good stashed there, there is a damn good chance the silly little mutt is going to sit.....

If people would like more information regarding scent detection that please... respond to this thread and i'll do my best to answer your questions.

I was talking about it with friends the other days and there was some concern that it would push people to dropping at home, where there is no safety net, no help you have you unfortunately have pma... That topic is for an entire different thread.

Party Safe People.....

Last edited:
I've walked past sn iffer dogs with 5 doses of 2C-B.. Nothing....

If sniffer dogs are used they tend to be used at the end of the night. Cops know every second person has drugs and they don't want to spend the next month filling out forms coz of a few tiny busts... So they aim for the dealers.. the people that still have drugs near/at the end of the night.

^What about raves that go for longer than one night? I'm getting a little concerned about my plans for what might be described as "Australia's biggest dance music and lifestyle festival," which is coming up soon.

Seriuously.. can't anyone think of a time out of being arrested in real time or am I the only one?

Here are some ideas to fool the cops/dogs that dont have a lot of time:

* Take a common prescription pill and say you need it to live.. as soon as a dog see's you. and they ask you to either open pockets or get the drugs out... act dumb and surprised and give them oyour prescription.. maybe along with script iff possible.. make sure its not valium or something abusable or sellable... put reral drugs inside your socks in a baggie, facing up towards the sky on the top of your foot.. down a fair bit tho towards toes.... If you have a decent enough story they wont take u to a station to do a strip search. Even get all embarrased and stuff about it, put on a whole big act you are outraged, but don't be a big asshole about it.

Maybe those big ass whistles that humans cannot hear really fuck with dogs, even sniffer dogs.. or maybe it's just TV bullcrap? :p Who knows... try it.. also try kicking a dogs jaw out....

A mate had speed, pills and weed in his car once, a dog circled it and half way around.. just before the dog came near the drugs in the door, an officer made a slight tongue-click-tick sound and it instantly walked back and sat next to its master. The car was let go.

Look maybe I don't know shit, but at a rave, if you are gonna take drugs.. risk the law (if u have no record) seriously a personal night out wont get you in much trouble... they are there to stop DRUG DEALING and VIOLENCE. Sniffer dogs are no doubt just drug related... the dogsd are gonna run to someone with 50-100 pills over someone with one or three pills.

rogan said:
Having never been to a big event with sniffer dogs I dont really know how accurate this is, but I don't really expect that if the dog sniffed you out that they would really do a full strip search on you.

^ Having been to a big event with sniffer dogs and having been detected by one such beast, I can confirm that they DO strip search you. Even after I coughed up the gear a male officer made me remove my tshirt and hold my arms above my head, empty the contents of my wallet, take of my hat (they went over it in great detail and checked all possible hiding places). I had to undo my belt and unzip my pants, he reached down and felt around my balls, shone a torch into my arse crack, felt around the elastic part of my boxers. Also went through my shoes and socks.

If you are concerned about Raves and moderate size dance events I would say relax (unless you live in NSW), however, if you are attending the sort of event that has 20,000+ attendees and your favourite domestic and overseas acts - you will be sniffed.

eclipse said:
Ok Guys/Girls.

Here's some. I work as a qualified dog trainer in general obedience, but particulary in scent detection ( not narcotics ---> just high level advanced training ). I teach dogs to find things such as fruit, match sticks (sulpher), mothballs, you name it, you can teach a dog to find it......

Thanks for the information, now I'm going to have to think up some decent questions for someone who is obviously qualified to speak on the topic.

Fry-d- said:
Thanks for the information, now I'm going to have to think up some decent questions for someone who is obviously qualified to speak on the topic.

No problems, any questions you've got, feel free to ask! I'll try my best!

Having thought about the event in question over the past few days. i'll still be going to it. however some 'recon' work may be required before we go....

As said, dogs on the door, personally scare the crap out of me...... This will probably be the last 'biggish' event that i'll attend..... I'm only going because my mate (boss)..... long story) has never been to a large event before. So we'll go, might even go straight, who knows...

just a few questions

1. can all dogs sniff most illegal substances or are they specialized towards a particular area eg stimulants

2. will coffee fool a dogs nose if it is encasing the drug

3. how long does it take to train a dog to a particular scent

4. iv had a sniffer dog sniff me while i had a moderate amount of strong smelling marijuana on me i dodged it and it jumped on the person next to me was it because
A. the person next to me had a stronger substance or a stronger smelling substance or...
B. dogs r not as smart as humans and can be easily tricked no matter how well trained

5. what smell will make a dog not want to smell you thouroughly

6. which breed is the most efficient

7. how do u train a dog to go after particular scents (i dont really believe they are addicted to drugs themselves)

please take your time to answer these im sure alot of people would be interested in the answers and thankyou for your insight into the world of sniffer dogs

eclipse said:
If the handler asks his dog to smell ya crouch and you've got ya good stashed there, there is a damn good chance the silly little mutt is going to sit.....

A couple months ago at a big event in sydney where there were 3-4 sniffer dogs and i ended up having to go past twice cause my stupid fucking ticket didn't work when i got right up to the door and i got sniffed a total of 4 times, twice from a couple of feet away but twice from within a foot away and they didn't detect on me. My stuff was in a satty that was put in a balloon then i washed my hands and put that balloon in another balloon then i carried it in my underwear, i wrapped my stuff up roughly 5 hours before i went past the dogs, my friend using the exact same technique said one of the dogs literally put its nose in his crotch and it didn't detect on him.

Don't get me wrong i'm not doubting what you say in general but these dogs didn't really seem to have that high a detection rate waiting in the line twice i could see people streaming right past 2 of these dogs and i didn't see anyone get pulled up (i would guess atleast 50% would be carrying).

'Standard' little plastic zip-lock baggy drugs come in...i thought it was pretty standard term in Aus i never heard it refered to by any other name in Sydney.

^Weird. I've lived in both Canberra and Adelaide for several years and have never heard that expression.