• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Smoking on tin foil?

I don't really understand this question. You definitely don't want the vapour to blow away from you, you need to inhale it.

Did you just put the rock on top of the screen and apply the flame? If so, most of it will have fallen through the screen into the body of the pipe so you wouldn't get a decent hit.

Get some cigarette ash and place a lightly packed layer on top of the screen. This provides a matrix for the crack to melt into instead of falling through. Then just hit that fucker hard...
hey, finally the reason some 'junky' asked for a tip of our ash in his pipe. Makes sense.

Just wanted to say that this is definitely NOT something you would be advised to persevere with. The taste of decent crack is heavenly and massively reinforces the addictive qualities of the drug. Crackheads often hassle people "for just a little taste man" and they mean that literally. The memory of that taste lingers for a long time and contributes to the cravings.
No, you do not want to burn any drugs, as a general rule, with the exception of smoking weed of course, which you don't do anyway.

Crack is another exception to this 'rule'. Only a direct flame applied to the drug provides the hit required...

I feel like I did burn the crack which is why it tasted bad and didn’t get me very high. Argh this is so complicated!!!
There are videos of people smoking crack on youtube.

But honestly, if you still can't figure it out maybe you should stop trying. Do you really want to spend that much time learning to smoke crack?

As others have said, you will probably end up regretting it... Getting hooked on a short-acting, expensive and extremely compulsive stimulant doesn't sound very fun.

Reminder to please avoid price discussion

Crack is another exception to this 'rule'. Only a direct flame applied to the drug provides the hit required...
To me, direct flame risks pyrolyzing and ruining some portion of the drug. I was taught to avoid directly torching it, and instead to pass the flame across/over it but not quite touching. When one inhales, the air is heated by the torch on its way into the piece. However, I'm far from being the expert on the subject – I'm rarely in the mood to use cocaine, no matter the ROA. It's a lot of tachycardia for not enough pay-off. I mean, shit, “YOLO” cuts both ways, and the fact that cocaine is cardiotoxic is beyond dispute at this point, so you know, it's smart to choose wisely… except for those rare occasions when it's really pure and really cheap. This can be hard to find outside of South America…
But honestly, if you still can't figure it out maybe you should stop trying.
Nah, stopping is for quitters. When something interests you sufficiently, seek answers, learn more, and apply this freshly procured knowledge to whatever problems you find yourself having. That's my unsolicited two cents anyway.
Do you really want to spend that much time learning to smoke crack?
No need to be ashamed of pursuing your interest in drugs. Do what you want if you're not infringing on the rights of others. Spend your time learning whatever you want. That's a privilege of living in 2021.
As others have said, you will probably end up regretting it...
That's being pessimistic AF. It's not that dire. Probably wind up with a few interesting stories. I don't know about you, but I believe in doing things for the experience and the story to share to anyone interested. There is a huge, long history of humans sharing stories with one another…

More to the point: every drug is nothing more than an inanimate object. They have no intrinsic properties to govern human behavior. None of them are inherently “bad”, “evil”, “cursed”, “unlucky”, “good”, “holy”, “blessed” or any other superstitious modifier. They're just chemicals until we put them in our bodies and allow them to change our physiology and the patterns of our neurotransmitters. These changes can sometimes be suppressed if necessary and if the effects and dose are light. Other times the effects are undeniable and heavily inebriating. Ultimately the duty to comport oneself with dignity lies within the user, as it does with any civilized individual.
Getting hooked on a short-acting, expensive and extremely compulsive stimulant doesn't sound very fun.
It is definitely short-acting and expensive AF. The extremely compulsive part is a human trait, not a chemical property. I'll grant you that some people are naturally more prone to compulsive behavior pattern disorders; this has been proven, but even going with the assumption that the drug itself is “compulsive”, to further modify it as “extremely compulsive” lays it on a bit thick and is dependant on a lot of varying factors.

I really recommend checking out this book by Dr. Carl Hart called Drug Use For Grown-Ups

Reminder to please avoid price discussion
Sorry, I totally effed that up. It just didn't occur to me for some reason. I'll be more mindful in the future, and much obliged for the laidback reminder 🙏

To me, direct flame risks pyrolyzing and ruining some portion of the drug. I was taught to avoid directly torching it, and instead to pass the flame across/over it but not quite touching. When one inhales, the air is heated by the torch on its way into the piece.
I wrote an entire dissertation on the above on this very thread. All of the above correct!

I deleted the same though (once the OP had confirmed reading the post). I never know how far to go anymore when it comes to explicit details or instructions.

Is detailing the proper way to make or use a pipe, gauze, and smoke crack harm reduction? I dunno anymore.

Was a good post though (and as far as I know retrievable again upon a courteous request to a moderator or administrator).

Tin fool should work. Another alternative is an aluminum can completely dried out. Poor tiny pin hole in one side and light from the bottom and top. Gives rush of a stem without having obvious paraphernalia.
Cheers!

Is detailing the proper way to make or use a pipe, gauze, and smoke crack harm reduction? I dunno anymore.
Yes, insofar as improperly using a drug has the potential to cause harm to that individual. I think they’re trying to avoid the implication of encouraging criminal activity as it could potentially be indicted as an “act of furtherance” [of a crime]. I’m speaking mostly from my knowledge of U.S. federal and state laws. You can hypothetically discuss it, and you can academically discuss it, because: free speech. However, you cannot encourage lawlessness, incite riots, disturb the peace, threaten the President’s life, etcetera, so there are limits and it usually has to deal with putting people in harms way and encouraging law-breaking.

Of course one could argue that poor clandestine manufacture is inherently dangerous and therefore teaching its techniques properly could be taken as a harm-reduction technique, so this argument kind of chokes on itself there. I mean, censorship is censorship, and I’m not for it, but it is what it is…

Nah, stopping is for quitters. When something interests you sufficiently, seek answers, learn more, and apply this freshly procured knowledge to whatever problems you find yourself having. That's my unsolicited two cents anyway.
I find this comment to be a bit disconnected from reality. (Despite the fact that we probably agree on the fundamentals)
Yeah generally speaking people should pursuit their interests, that's a given... But what kind of interests are we talking about? Is learning how to take a huge blast of crack and getting a bellringer an interest truly worth pursuing? Does it deserves to be encouraged?

It doesn't seem to me that the OP is asking about the pros and cons of doing cocaine, or trying to learn how the drug would affect him/her, etc. The OP is basically asking how to get higher (which is a legitimate question), but also mentions being lonely, goes from not seeing any reason to buy a crack pipe to ordering one on amazon within a couple of days, considers IVing "mdma" for the first time.

I wasn't making a generic statement about crack being intrinsically bad, I know very well it's just a chemical, an inanimate object. However, inanimate objects can have a very strong impact on your life under the wrong circumstances (some are worse than others), drugs are not exactly toys. You don't put someone who doesn't know how to drive in a formula 1 car and encourage him to have fun and enjoy the experience.

In the end I was giving my opinion on this particular scenario, not looking to get into a debate about free will (because it kinda does come down to that in the end).
I read the posts made by the OP and they give me the impression that he doesn't really know what he's getting into. That's alright, nobody is born full of knowledge and I'm glad this thread got so many high quality answers.
It's not like I'm taking away his crack or restricting his freedom, the OP is free to do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned. He's also free to tell me that I'm wrong, that he knows cocaine very well, that he's fully aware of the risks and has made a conscious decision to start smoking crack, or whatever.
Or he can just ignore my comment if he feels like doesn't have to explain his motives or provide any justifications to an internet stranger.
Whatever it is I'll be 100% fine with it, I'm not really trying to convince anyone (or looking for explanations).

Last edited:
I find this comment to be a bit disconnected from reality.
Gee, thanks. Nothing insulting about that cliché.
Yeah generally speaking people should pursuit their interests, that's a given... But what kind of interests are we talking about?
Well that's kind of the point, isn't it? My interests are my own, your interests are your own, and the same can be said of OP.
“It takes all types to make the world go 'round,” you know. The equivalent British idiom is: “horses for courses” (yeah, they would).
And philosophically, I feel like it's not up to me to judge others for their interests. Different strokes for different folks (there's a good American idiom).
You don't put someone who doesn't know how to drive in a formula 1 car and encourage him to have fun and enjoy the experience.
This is just taking things to an ridiculous extreme and it's not even accurate. You're likening crack cocaine to the fine-tuned elegance of a Formula One vehicle and having the skills and experience necessary to drive a race car like that competitively. This is not a good metaphor, no offense; and anyway, if you insist on motorsport analogies, I think drag-racing comes a bit closer to representing the drug, crack cocaine, given its duration and appeal among the more compulsive users and thrill-seekers out there. And either way, competently operating any high-octane race car, safely, and in particular, racing them competitively and well enough to be financed to stay in the upper echelons of that particular sport is much more complex from virtually any practical angles than to that of a simple atomization of a drug and its subsequent vaporization and inhalation. This explains why there are vastly more humans who smoke crack than those who race Formula One.
If we setup a Venn diagram of those two groups, crack users and F1 drivers, I wonder how large the overlapping middle section might be :sneaky: But I digress. Sorry, what did you say again?
You don't put someone who doesn't know how to drive in a formula 1 car
You got that right. Generally speaking I'm not a person who “puts” people places, let alone in ultra-high-dollar, not-street-legal formula motorsport racing vehicles.
and encourage him
… I really don't want to be that one motherfucker but if I'm gonna nitpick, I'll just say while we all know the vast majority of professional auto racers are men, let's be careful not to gender discriminate.
A better point to make here might be: what's wrong with encouragement? That's a good thing, generally, as long as it's realistic.
to have fun and enjoy the experience.
Encouragement to have fun and enjoy the experience doesn't sound bad either, and in fact is a good thing most times, depending on the circumstances.
The OP is basically asking how to get higher (which is a legitimate question), but also mentions being lonely, goes from not seeing any reason to buy a crack pipe to ordering one on amazon within a couple of days, considers IVing "mdma" for the first time.
Idk, man. This is starting to sound awfully judgemental. Per the aims of the site, if someone is determined to use a drug via whatever route of administration, everyone is better off at least educating that individual as best as possible on how to avoid the pitfalls of drug abuse vis-à-vis whatever compounds are in question from this person.

Is it too much to go get a stem? They cost like nothing but maybe you don't know where to get one?

No, it doesn't really work, crack melts into a liquid first and makes a huge mess on foil.

Ha, I suppose some people don't have free access to harm reduction tools.
Generally “the ghetto” refers to the slums of a city where ethnic minority groups are often forced to live either through coercion (as in the Jewish ghettos during the Holocaust) or lack of better choices (as in the govt. project housing). It's easy to cast aspersions against those less fortunate than us. No need to pile on the discrimination and stereotypes here; that's already more than covered. Be better than that.

With a single phone call, I wait 30 minutes then a van shows up.
Kinda makes the assumption that people using drugs have patience, but ok, at least it's something positive.

They offer snorting kits, bubble pipes, IV kits, crack pipes, fentadope testing, condoms, lube, etc...
:)
Where is this offered and who funds this? People pay for it, and so paraphernalia is legal where you live, or… all drugs, or… what's the deal?

No, it doesn't really work, crack melts into a liquid first and makes a huge mess on foil.

It's all in your technique. Chasing The Dragon isn't always easy, but the technique's foundation is solid. You have to fold an alleyway for the liquid to roll down while you chase it with the flame and straw. It helps to see someone else do it properly while one learns. Either way, I agree that it is less than ideal.

Or at least get the heavy duty aluminum foil and fold it over once on itself. The can is good advice, too, well… as much as advising someone to vaporize anything off of aluminum can be…

I’ve got a mate who vapes meth of a piece of heavy duty foil folded over on itself and about 40 cm long and maybe 6 wide. He melts the crystals into a puddle all along the V and lets it crack back once and then uses a spirit lamp underneath set to about 200 degrees or so and runs it up the bottom of the foil vaporising everything in its path. He can Hoover up close to 2/3 of a gram in a hit this way. I know we are not talking about meth, but he reckons he avoids the dangers of vaping off aluminium by, I kid you not, ironing the stuff repeatedly until it’s stiff as a board.