• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Smoking on tin foil?

blockbusterparty

Bluelighter
Okay, I’m going to go ahead and sound like an idiot here.

i have never smoked crack before and was wondering if there’s a reason it can’t be smoked off foil like some other drugs as opposed to through a pipe?

i mean, what would be the downside to smoking it off foil to try it? (I know foil can contain toxins but I am asking specifically about smoking crack.

thanks.

Well, one thing is that using foil is a way to 'smoke' substances that don't require a direct flame to hit it. It's really a form of vaporizing. Whereas freebase cocaine can be smoked directly with a flame, so there'd be no real reason to use foil. I'm sure you feasibly could smoke it using foil, but I've never really heard of someone doing that. It'd be inefficient and you might as well just hit it with a direct flame.

Doesn't freebase mean to smoke crack cocaine with tin foil?

Watch the Michael Douglas/Kathrine Zeta Jones film traffic from 1999/2000

Freebase simply means the 'base' form of a substance, as opposed to the hydrochloride salt.

Okay, I’m going to go ahead and sound like an idiot here.

i have never smoked crack before and was wondering if there’s a reason it can’t be smoked off foil like some other drugs as opposed to through a pipe?

i mean, what would be the downside to smoking it off foil to try it? (I know foil can contain toxins but I am asking specifically about smoking crack.

thanks.

Crack can most definitely be smoked on foil like heroin and gives very pleasant effects this way. But to feel the full rush you need a direct flame to take the lot in one go.

These replies were helpful. I have no one to smoke with in my areas, else I’d just try with someone else and use a pipe. But I don’t see the point in getting pipe materials for myself when I’ve never even tried it.

aaagh I hate being so fucking lonely.

In some places the term "freebasing" is slang used to mean "smoking/vaporizing a substanc". IMO this is incorrect usage of the term, but since it's slang I guess you can't really say it's wrong. The term freebasing is just suppose to mean the act of turning the chemical from salt form to freebase form, which is what is performed, like with crack cocaine and baking soda for example, before it is smoked/vaporized.

And also, as already mentioned, crack can be vaporized on foil. I think it's just difficult to get enough of it to vaporize quickly enough, compared to a using proper crack stem, for a decent hit. I think with high quality crack and low tolerance one could probably get a decent hit from foil if good technique were used....

Edit: I didn't really say anything new in this post, I was pretty much parroting what has already been pointed out... lol

Yep. Crack and freebase coke is the same.

OP, if you don't have access to a glass stem pipe, you can just make a make-shift pipe with a plastic bottle or a toilet paper roll.
It works fine in a pinch. Not as efficient as a stem, but you get a way better hit than you would off of foil.

Let’s hear what dalpat077 has to say...

Yep. Crack and freebase coke is the same.

OP, if you don't have access to a glass stem pipe, you can just make a make-shift pipe with a plastic bottle or a toilet paper roll.
It works fine in a pinch. Not as efficient as a stem, but you get a way better hit than you would off of foil.
Not the same. Different methods of cooking.

Crack is an impure form of freebase. It's as simple as that. Doesn't matter how this kicked about and questioned: it is what it is.

When using the water/ammonia/ethyl ether method: the freebase precipitates out and leaves ALMOST ALL of the impurities behind.

When using the baking soda method: the above doesn't happen.

While both may result in a rock that contains the same resulting chemical: the one is purer than the other.

1g of freebase does not equal a 1g of Crack in terms of alkaloid (Cocaine) content.

Freebase melts as a clear and colorless liquid on the gauze and there is no snap, crackle, and pop either. The snap, crackle, and pop from Crack comes from the baking soda (that's where Crack got its name from). That's best case scenario i.e. could also come from whatever other cut is present.

Unfortunately: the water/ammonia/ethyl ether method usually results in a big loss (depends on how badly the Cocaine HCL is cut). But that difference is the cut.

Only problem you have nowadays is that Levamisole also precipitates out with the freebase when using the water/ammonia/ethyl ether method. There's a way to get rid of this too but it's not something you're going to do at home in the kitchen I'm afraid. But let me also say: I never had to contend with Levamisole back in the day (it wasn't a thing) and most of the documentation I've seen on this is actually anecdotal. The science has been limited to the analysis and detection of Levamisole in HCL. Not in freebase (nothing that I've found anyway thus far).

The only reason Crack became a thing and freebase died out was because of the inherent danger of the chemicals (ethyl ether being highly flammable) and the time it takes i.e. if freebase is not allowed to dry COMPLETELY it will not vaporize and may even combust. Worst case scenario (Crackheads not known for their patience): fuck all happens and you end up picking up the phone and ordering shit Crack from your dealer! Ask me how I know! :ROFLMAO:

Still don't believe there's a difference? Do the test. Below is a link (but there are many others) to Erowid (good 'ol tried and tested Erowid) that pretty much sums it up and gives you the instructions (same as those I used decades ago). To begin with you'll be shocked, nowadays, as to just how much Cocaine is in that gram you just purchased. And there is no comparison when it comes to the difference between the two when hit. Anecdotally and based on experience: freebase, for some reason, doesn't (didn't) result in fiendish behavior, (as much) paranoia, jitters, and eliminated the necessity to be melting a new rock while still exhaling the previous hit!

Depending on how anal you wish to get with this:

You could go from Cocaine HCL, to freebase using the water/ammonia/ethyl ether method, then from freebase back to Cocaine HCL. Time consuming. And there'll be an inevitable loss (probably huge nowadays). But you'll have pretty pure Cocaine HCL and, if you insist, you could then make Crack from that (using baking soda) as this would bulk it up again, you'd be known for your rocks, and you'd have a bunch of very loyal customers that'd pay a hefty premium to boot. As they say: t-r-u-s-t me!

Any questions? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I know: I've been called on this a few times. But I question the background or knowledge of those that have indeed called me on this. There's a few, possibly not that many, things in life I'm an expert on and have the experience to back it up. This is one of them.

Last edited:
Crack is an impure form of freebase. It's as simple as that. Doesn't matter how this kicked about and questioned: it is what it is.

When using the water/ammonia/ethyl ether method: the freebase precipitates out and leaves ALMOST ALL of the impurities behind.

When using the baking soda method: the above doesn't happen.

While both may result in a rock that contains the same resulting chemical: the one is purer than the other.

1g of freebase does not equal a 1g of Crack in terms of alkaloid (Cocaine) content.

Freebase melts as a clear and colorless liquid on the gauze and there is no snap, crackle, and pop either. The snap, crackle, and pop from Crack comes from the baking soda (that's where Crack got its name from). That's best case scenario i.e. could also come from whatever other cut is present.

Unfortunately: the water/ammonia/ethyl ether method usually results in a big loss (depends on how badly the Cocaine HCL is cut). But that difference is the cut.

Only problem you have nowadays is that Levamisole also precipitates out with the freebase when using the water/ammonia/ethyl ether method. There's a way to get rid of this too but it's not something you're going to do at home in the kitchen I'm afraid. But let me also say: I never had to contend with Levamisole back in the day (it wasn't a thing) and most of the documentation I've seen on this is actually anecdotal. The science has been limited to the analysis and detection of Levamisole in HCL. Not in freebase (nothing that I've found anyway thus far).

The only reason Crack became a thing and freebase died out was because of the inherent danger of the chemicals (ethyl ether being highly flammable) and the time it takes i.e. if freebase is not allowed to dry COMPLETELY it will not vaporize and may even combust. Worst case scenario (Crackheads not known for their patience): fuck all happens and you end up picking up the phone and ordering shit Crack from your dealer! Ask me how I know! :ROFLMAO:

Still don't believe there's a difference? Do the test. Below is a link (but there are many others) to Erowid (good 'ol tried and tested Erowid) that pretty much sums it up and gives you the instructions (same as those I used decades ago). To begin with you'll be shocked, nowadays, as to just how much Cocaine is in that gram you just purchased. And there is no comparison when it comes to the difference between the two when hit. Anecdotally and based on experience: freebase, for some reason, doesn't (didn't) result in fiendish behavior, (as much) paranoia, jitters, and eliminated the necessity to be melting a new rock while still exhaling the previous hit!

Depending on how anal you wish to get with this:

You could go from Cocaine HCL, to freebase using the water/ammonia/ethyl ether method, then from freebase back to Cocaine HCL. Time consuming. And there'll be an inevitable loss (probably huge nowadays). But you'll have pretty pure Cocaine HCL and, if you insist, you could then make Crack from that (using baking soda) as this would bulk it up again, you'd be known for your rocks, and you'd have a bunch of very loyal customers that'd pay a hefty premium to boot. As they say: t-r-u-s-t me!

Any questions? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I know: I've been called on this a few times. But I question the background or knowledge of those that have indeed called me on this. There's a few, possibly not that many, things in life I'm an expert on and have the experience to back it up. This is one of them.

Yeah I have a question. Say we have some cocaine and want to preserve it. Which degrades faster powder or rock ?

Last edited:
You are correct sir.

The first time I smoked crack was off of tin foil. I never did actually get round to trying it with a pipe, I just ended up sticking it in a needle and IV'ing it instead.