• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Sleeping With The Enemy: Should You Date Across The Aisle?

This comment is especially directed towards involuntary celibates but it also applies to everyone.

You are your own worst enemy.

I used to be conservative and so was my husband (I've noticed most military are conservative, no surprise) but since I've got sick and being an addict I'm more centered.

The conservatives in Ontario always take from health care and education. The liberals and ndp claim to want to help the poor, seniors, addicts, refugees etc..

I couldn't date a strick conservative who holds views that addicts don't need help, anti immigration, anti poor.

I would like to see the NDP get a shot at the federal level because the 2 party system isn't working.

I might just start a cat rescue and ditch dating anyhow.

This comment is especially directed towards involuntary celibates but it also applies to everyone.

You are your own worst enemy.

Funny how "incel" has become the chief laughing stock and scapegoat in our world, while previously celibate monks were paragons of virtue.

Depends what they shifted to. If it was to a viewpoint that would go against my values and lead to a lot of conflict like bigotry, anti-vaccine dogmatism, or QAnon type detachment from reality then it would probably place a LOT of strain on the relationship and eventually lead to us splitting.

As long as it wasn't something like that that completely altered their personality in a drastic and negative way, I doubt I'd care.

The antivax anti LGBT anti poor anti seniors is exactly why I'm no longer a conservative.

Ewww no way could I date a Libtard and vice versa (because I'd offend the hell out of them). But conservatives are mostly *cough* not the sharpest tools in the shed.

I need a Lemmy type but old-school left-wing at heart

Funny how "incel" has become the chief laughing stock and scapegoat in our world, while previously celibate monks were paragons of virtue.

They were voluntarily celibate

It is interesting how perceptions have changed, though, I agree with that...the celibacy of monks 1,000+ years ago used to be considered very masculine, for example, it was considered "hard" to deny purposelessly deny yourself pleasure to better investigate higher truths in the spiritual realm, in comparison to "soft" people who engaged in sensual pleasures of the flesh.

I feel for lonely people, I really do. Love and interpersonal relationships are difficult for anyone and for men there are specific challenges and frustrations that come along with this specific area of life...I agree with all that. However, hating on or demonizing women, which seems to be a lot of what these guys are into...that ain't good either, obviously

They were voluntarily celibate

It is interesting how perceptions have changed, though, I agree with that...the celibacy of monks 1,000+ years ago used to be considered very masculine, for example, it was considered "hard" to deny purposelessly deny yourself pleasure to better investigate higher truths in the spiritual realm, in comparison to "soft" people who engaged in sensual pleasures of the flesh.

I feel for lonely people, I really do. Love and interpersonal relationships are difficult for anyone and for men there are specific challenges and frustrations that come along with this specific area of life...I agree with all that. However, hating on or demonizing women, which seems to be a lot of what these guys are into...that ain't good either, obviously

Of course it was voluntary, at least on paper. Being a monk was high status. My comparison was not intended to claim that monks were incels, exactly.

I think incels of today sometimes espouse similar ideas of stoic masculinity as monks, even though they are underdog.

@AbbeyLee here in Canada the liberals are nothing like the people who started the party. They are gone to far left.

@AbbeyLee here in Canada the liberals are nothing like the people who started the party. They are gone to far left.
I disagree.
They are center-right neoliberals who run on a 'woke' center-left platform of half-measures and pandering that they clearly have no intention of fulfilling.
Their governance only ever results in doing nothing other than upholding the status quo for the ruling class.
Even the NDP is quite moderate at this point.

Nobody who wears that much blackface gives a fuck about racial minorities.
They won't even spend a few million dollars giving the Indigenous reserves clean drinking water. (One of Trudeau's main campaign promises back in 2015, which he has made ZERO progress on)

Can you provide an example?

I'm not super into the incel movement but whenever i see self-proclaimed incels on forums, they like to talk about manhood as a precious (threatened) value and of denying sensory pleasures in order to have better success. The no-fap thing is one expression; although of course not limited to incels, there is significant overlap. MGTOW is basically that philosophy applied to women. It's the idea of men having better stuff to do than succumb to the desires of the flesh, and women as a mere vessel for such time-wasting.

I disagree.
They are center-right neoliberals who run on a 'woke' center-left platform of half-measures and pandering that they clearly have no intention of fulfilling.
Their governance only ever results in doing nothing other than upholding the status quo for the ruling class.
Even the NDP is quite moderate at this point.

Nobody who wears that much blackface gives a fuck about racial minorities.
They won't even spend a few million dollars giving the Indigenous reserves clean drinking water. (One of Trudeau's main campaign promises back in 2015, which he has made ZERO progress on)

The left today is totally woke to the left 30 years ago. The cheifs have received billions and could have fixed the issue but there's zero transparency. The chief of the reserve I grew up on lives in a mansion while his people in shacks. My dad is native and no offense but people outside the reservations don't see the corruption. Can't expect a few hundred million every year for 20 years but not fix anything and cry for more.

And they are completely different than when they started @arrall so what exactly are you disagreeing with?

I could never date someone who was a conservative. I require my significant other to be intelligent, thankyouverymuch

I think if anyone I was interested in told me they were a Tory, I'd be massively put off. I'd certainly sleep with a conservative (posh girls n that) but don't think I could abide having a relationship with someone who spouts Tory shite and votes for them. Noooooo. And I'm bloody DESPERATE right now too!

I could never date someone who was a conservative. I require my significant other to be intelligent, thankyouverymuch

Wow, conservatives can't be intelligent?
Wowww 😮

I don't agree with everything on their agenda but I've met tons that are great people. Like people you'd be proud to call a friend.

Wild

Wow, conservatives can't be intelligent?
Wowww 😮

I don't agree with everything on their agenda but I've met tons that are great people. Like people you'd be proud to call a friend.

Wild
It was a joke, dude. I also have friends who formerly voted Republican, although they’ve come towards the middle since then. But so have I. I’ll never vote Democratic again, I think, but probably not Republican either.