• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

share house horror stories

My new housemate moved in yesterday. She doesn't fill me with confidence, we aren't going to be best of friends or anything. She seems civilised tho so things can't be too bad with a bit of luck :)

My new housemate moved in yesterday. She doesn't fill me with confidence, we aren't going to be best of friends or anything. She seems civilised tho so things can't be too bad with a bit of luck :)

You never know someone till u live with them. New housemate might turn out to be perfect.

Should see my new house pacman, makes a lot of Random noise at night, pretty scary when my gf and housemate arent home haha.

So you finally moved NOR ? About time. Only snobs live SOR. anyway. Yeah houses can make some pretty funky noises but you get used to them I think after a while.

My new housemate is a nerdy freak. But a nice, quiet and clean nerdy freak so I'm pretty happy.

She has a bird which she talks to and kisses all the time which kind of scares me. And she sleeps an absolute fuck load which I've put down to malnutrition cos she can't cook to save herself and eats crap all the time. But hey, could be a lot worse! :D

My first ever housemate was gay, he'd never clean up, use 10+ glasses a day and he'd constantly walk into my room in the middle of the night and ask if he could watch movies with me on my bed.

My seconds housemates were a couple, the guy was a massive pill head and got me into it. One day his dealer came over and offered us some pills. She overheard the conversation, called the cops and the boyfriend said it was all me. I moved out that night and never returned, luckily the cops never showed. Glad to get out of there but the guy did get onto some good pills, I miss that.

My current housemates are awesome, no problems yet.

I'm having housemate problems.

The new housemate is quite odd :|

He appears to be extremely anxious/shy, and for the first few weeks, he rarely left his room. It took 2 weeks of him living here for one of my housemates to even see him, let alone meet him, he was so reclusive.

Really though, this was the least of our worries. He ventures out now, but sits in the lounge almost 24/7, using our one tv to play games. What really gets under my skin, is that for the past couple of days he's started to close the sliding doors on the lounge, effectively cocooning himself in there and shutting everyone else out. I find this pretty fucking rude, given that's a common area of the house. The lounge shares a wall with my room and he talks to other players until about 3 or 4am in the morning, which is distracting.

Not to mention, he smells so bad. As soon as I walk in the house I can tell if he's been inside. I can smell him from inside my room. I don't think he showers.

These problems have only become apparent in the last couple of days since he's started leaving his room, so we're still unsure how best to approach this. I think he'll be easily hurt so we're trying to figure out a tactful approach...probably getting the other male housemate to bring at least the hygeine problem with him. My other female housemate thought that'd probably be less intimidating for him than to have one of us girls say it :\

I'm having housemate problems.

The new housemate is quite odd :|

He appears to be extremely anxious/shy, and for the first few weeks, he rarely left his room. It took 2 weeks of him living here for one of my housemates to even see him, let alone meet him, he was so reclusive.

Really though, this was the least of our worries. He ventures out now, but sits in the lounge almost 24/7, using our one tv to play games. What really gets under my skin, is that for the past couple of days he's started to close the sliding doors on the lounge, effectively cocooning himself in there and shutting everyone else out. I find this pretty fucking rude, given that's a common area of the house. The lounge shares a wall with my room and he talks to other players until about 3 or 4am in the morning, which is distracting.

Not to mention, he smells so bad. As soon as I walk in the house I can tell if he's been inside. I can smell him from inside my room. I don't think he showers.

These problems have only become apparent in the last couple of days since he's started leaving his room, so we're still unsure how best to approach this. I think he'll be easily hurt so we're trying to figure out a tactful approach...probably getting the other male housemate to bring at least the hygeine problem with him. My other female housemate thought that'd probably be less intimidating for him than to have one of us girls say it :\

maybe leave a bar of soap or can of deodorant on his pillow....you know somthing suttle :p

Haha, another of my housemates has started to leave scented candles in the lounge room after he's been there and burns incense when he's inside, but he lives in a bungalow out the back so I can't go in there. He has no soap, shampoo or other cleaning products in the shower, maybe we should give him a 'present' of something...honestly though I think it'll require the direct approach, none of us wan ts to do it though!

I did ask him not to close the lounge room doors today though, he went back into hiding soon after that.

The worst thing that could happen is he'll get offended and move out. A friend of mine shared a flat with this girl who earned her self the nickname of "the stench" someone brought it up with her and that was it: gone. Better than having a house that smells like rotting cheese in my opinion.

i had a housemate a bit like that once footsy. i think you need to bring it up (somehow) as not to allow their awkwardness shield them from the reality of the situation - that they smell and make the other people in the house feel uncomfortable.
i left it too long in the place i was in, and when things came to a head, it was bad. i still remember the smell that would waft around...musty manstink and stale cigarettes with liberal amounts of cheap cologne trying to drown it out. not good.

agreed that the worst(/best) thing that could happen is that they'll split.

foots: yeah your much better off just bringing it up with him and in a polite manner. Like spacejunk says things can get out of control if you leave until your all well and truely fed up.

sounds like the guy might have some sort of a mental illness, probably social anxiety if he baracades himself in his room all the time.

Our housemate is moving out. He was perfect; he psent most of his time at uni working on his PHD, so my girlfriend and I pretty much have the house to ourselves. When he is home he is really chilled and friendly. Its a real pity, he's the best housemate I've had. Much better than the ones whom I started the thread about.

having people look at our spare room over the weekend. All the people are coming from gumtree.com. it is a bit of a freak show. I swear that the normal people are in the minority. we've had quite a few oddballs through and like only two normal people. Its really hard to decide on who you want to live with you on the basis of meeting them for only 20 minutes.

Has anyone had any funny gumtree stories to tell. With so many weirdos going through there, someone must have one,

That's a pity your good roomate is moving out psytaco. I agree, it seems rare to find good, normal people - it shouldn't be so hard! Apart from my stinky housemate though, the couple I live with are great - so easygoing and cool. Hope you find someone else decent.

Thanks for your input on the smelly guy everyone, we still haven't said anything to him, he actually hasn't come inside since I told him not to close the lounge room doors! I just checked the date of my post and that was on the 10th, so almost 2 weeks ago?! I'm actually getting a bit freaked out by him, I was out hanging the washing when he went into his bungalow and I heard him dragging heavy stuff around as if he was barricading the door. What the fuck is he hiding in there :\ I'm starting to feel really uneasy around him.

That's a pity your good roomate is moving out psytaco. I agree, it seems rare to find good, normal people - it shouldn't be so hard! Apart from my stinky housemate though, the couple I live with are great - so easygoing and cool. Hope you find someone else decent.

Thanks for your input on the smelly guy everyone, we still haven't said anything to him, he actually hasn't come inside since I told him not to close the lounge room doors! I just checked the date of my post and that was on the 10th, so almost 2 weeks ago?! I'm actually getting a bit freaked out by him, I was out hanging the washing when he went into his bungalow and I heard him dragging heavy stuff around as if he was barricading the door. What the fuck is he hiding in there :\ I'm starting to feel really uneasy around him.

cheers foots. Hopefully we will get someone decent, the one guy we were seriously considering sent me a message today saying he found somewhere else. which is kind of shit, so we will have to keep on looking. we're supposed to have 5 people in today, so the odds are stacked that we will have at least one normal person. i still maintain it is better to be looking for someone, rather than be the one needing to find a room. That is super stressful!

HAHAHA. that guy definately sounds weird. So he lives outside, so you don't actually see him that much? I guess that is a bonus, still it would make me feel uncomfortable living with someone like that. The more you tell us about him, the more he sounds like he might have some sort of mental illness. makes it difficult for you though. not sure what you can really do though, I doubt talking to him further will rectify much rather than get him to withdraw further. How much longer is he on the lease for? I guess if it is coming to an end you all could tell him that your looking to have someone else move in.

Yeah, he lives in a bungalow out the back. He comes in very rarely, and usually late at night/early morning so noone is up. He only seems to go to the toilet once a day, and only eats frozen sausage rolls which he heats in the microwave every so often. Never showers.

He's only recently moved in so I think he's on the lease for another few months at least :( I'm not sure how long the lease was, will have to talk to my housemates about that. I'm thinking of knocking on his door sometime and asking him if he wants to have a beer or something...like you said, I feel pretty uncomfortable living with him.

Good luck on the housemate search today, here's hoping for some normality!

Don't offer to have a beer with him! I think you should be aiming to cut ties rather than encourage them. That guy sounds like a freak and no amount of you being nice is going to help him.

In other news, my house mate is great :) But is certainly not the one I referred to in earlier posts in this thread, so glad that weirdo moved out last year.