Set up on a coke deal (super mega merged)

^glad to know u think its wrong wat happened there too
that 'cops' show sounds heart-breaking
sadly, yes, my friend loves his scum-of-the-earth dad, and the guy hasnt even visitted him in prison
evrytime i visit him he asks me how his dads doing (not his mum who minimally cared about him) and im like 'how shud i know? i dont visit him'
grrrrr life is fucked

absent minded said:
no i dont have a lawyer i'll call one for a free consultation next week.

Wrong. Call one now! This is your life were talking about. And start saving legal cash!!!! Without 7,500 dollars, I might be in jail/prison and copped 2 felonys and 3 misdemeanors without lawyers. And so you know they accept payment plans and 250 a week 500 a week or 100 a week is generally accepted based on your level of income, and the total cost of the case.

absent minded said:
there waz no money or drugs exchanged. he didnt even check for my 4o dollars

I dont think you have a felony in your lap. You never possessed any drugs!

Im not sure how the reverse bust gos but as far as I know its a misdemeanor . That could explain why they let you go, they got the impression you would snitch and since its just a misdemeanor they were like "well fuck it, if he doesnt co-operate we'll issue a warrant and he'll go for the misdemeanor ..."

ChemicalSmile said:
...I dont think you have a felony in your lap. You never possessed any drugs!...
Conspiracy to possess. Could be worse than possession itself.

It's what they use when you haven't really done anything... 8)

MaxPowers said:
Everybody gets pinched. But you did it right. You told 'em nothing and they got nothing...I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learned the two greatest things in life...Never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut.

goodfellas.jpg

props %) great lesson and quote

This has turned into a discussion that is more appropriate for Legal Discussion. Mods, could you merge this with Absent Minded's other thread already in LD? Thanks

I doubt that the cops have enough evidence to convict you of any crime since no money or drugs ever exchanged hands. They are just trying to scare you into becoming a narc because it will make their jobs easier. Cops will lie about anything if they see it necessary, do not trust them under any circumstances. If I were you I would talk to a lawyer and see if they really do have any leverage before even thinking about narcing. Even if they do have something, its not something that is going to send you to prison for two years. It is very likely that you will not have to do any prison time AND will not have to narc anyone out.

PLEASE, everyone, STOP with the discussion about whether narcing or taking the hit is right or wrong. I know this thread came from another forum, but in Legal Discussion these posts are prohibited.

If I deleted or edited your post, don't take it personally. I know you took the time to write it with the best of intent. I'm just trying to keep the thread within the LD guidelines (see the sticky post on the first page of this forum).

I don't have time to deal with all the off-topic posts on this very long thread, so some of them are left displayed for now. But they may be taken down when we have more time.

TO THE OP: Get a lawyer NOW. If you need money for this, tell your friends or family you're in trouble and that you need their help. A good criminal defense lawyer will help you out of this with the best result possible. Until you have a lawyer, say nothing more to the police. This is advice that has been repeatedly given by others on this thread, but it bears repeating. GO GET A LAWYER TODAY!