• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Self Medicating ADHD With Meth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t remember whole decades of my life which I attribute to stimulant use. Things like the order in which I lived in different places or the names of former colleagues or schoolmates. Or what year I worked at what job and for how long. It’s all a great big blur. What’s worse though is that I cannot remember anything From a book after reading it. I comprehend it as I read it, but then the knowledge just vaporises. Makes it hard trying to be an academic!
I know a polydrug addict who is like this. He would take MDMA daily, and then moved onto using cocaine daily, and then opiates and alcohol.

I saw him during all of these 'phases' and I just would sometimes smoke pot with him on weekends with friends as a teen/young adult. When he got to the end of his daily MDMA period his short term memory was shot. He spent any money he had on MDMA/Ecstasy pills and did not care if they were cut with other drugs, and he did not test the pills/powders before taking them.

Last edited:
I know a polydrug addict who is like this. He would take MDMA daily, and then moved onto using cocaine daily, and then opiates and alcohol.

I saw him during all of these 'phases' and I just would sometimes smoke pot with him on weekends with friends as a teen/young adult. When he got to the end of his daily MDMA period his short term memory was shot. He spent any money he had on MDMA/Ecstasy pills and did not care if they were cut with other drugs, and he did not test the pills/powders before taking them.
It’s kind of weird though, because my general intellect/intelligence still seems more or less intact. I understand new things very quickly, and I can construct valid arguments on most things very quickly. I do have trouble speaking extempore which I used to be brilliant at, but when not under pressure my writing skills are all more or less intact.

On the plus side I’m starting to think that the erasure of much of memory has beneficially erased memories of a lot of hurt and trauma leaving me a calmer happier person. I think far less about such things now and really can’t remember the details of a lot if it.

@ControlDaddy just tried to get me to sign power of Attorney over to one of his "Friends" CIA LOL!
Because if you won't go the hospital to get the medication you need to treat the meth-induced schizophrenia you are suffering from... AH FORGET IT.
Go to CIA headquarters then. Maybe they will help you. Or give you a job. Give you an apartment.

Because if you won't go the hospital to get the medication you need to treat the meth-induced schizophrenia you are suffering from... AH FORGET IT.
Go to CIA headquarters then. Maybe they will help you. Or give you a job. Give you an apartment.
So this is my buddy Brad, right? While on the phone with my buddy Brad I called him a "Masterpiece". He responded "What?"

I said "You're a Masterpiece"

He said "Huh!?"

We had this conversation on Instagram 2 days prior. This conversation was not with my buddy Brad.

Dqp2tDt.jpg

So I should sign over power of Attorney to one of your "friends!" HA! SURE! THAT MAKES TOTAL SENSE BRO!

I don’t know you, but my advice is to get into treatment and take care of yourself. I mention this with all due respect.

Do we need a review of what Meth does to the brain in low-doses?

Meth is neuroprotective, Meth is good for you!

Not for you any longer my friend. It’s protective attributes are dose-dependent. You have taken way too much for far too long and by your own admission you cannot stop taking it.

Also by your own admission your family and friends have disowned you, you’ve lost your employment, your are being evicted from your apartment,and are about to be homeless.

Your life has spun out of control and you are on your way to rock bottom or worse. There is no shame on this. Half of Bluelight has been in a similar situation at some time.

Personally I’ve hit rock bottom twice and been through rehab for stimulant abuse three times. Rehab is potentially great. It will open up your understanding of yourself and your own potential way better than any drug possibly can. Even meth won’t improve your mind/brain as much as learning things like Mindfulness and CBT amongst many other life-saving techniques.

All of us at Bluelight (speaking for the tweaker fraternity) are in your corner man and we stand ready to help you sort your life out and get well. When you are ready let us know - we’ll put our heads together and help you work out a plan.

But we are done with discussions of interdimensional AI’s and the unlimited power of meth to expand our consciousness. It was an amusing conversation but we all now recognise the serious need to help you. Which we want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.