Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Scariest Films Ever?

A Clockwork Orange scared the living hell out of me. Well it was more disturbed than scared I think. I don't know, it just...bothered me.

^ me too! 1408 is terrifying. The scariest movies are ones that you relate to you greatest fears, mine being the never ending loop of horror.

There's only two scary movies that stand out in my life, one from childhood and one as an adult.

As a kid, Stephen King's It scared me like no other movie ever has. It wasn't so much the clown, it was that paranoid thought most children have that there's some kind of unseen force that's just waiting for you to be alone for a few minutes so that it can kill the fuck out of you. As I got older that fear evolved to my house being broken into and my family murdered... fuck, man, I had a fucked up little head growing up...

As an adult, the first Paranormal Activity had me the jumpiest I've ever been during a film, tensing up and flinching at all the right moments. The second and third one didn't have that same magic, though. :(

I tend to agree with the sentiment that most horror movies of recent memory are more disturbing than balls-to-the-wall terrifying, but I'm sure if I could understand Japanese I might have different thoughts on the matter.

A Serbian Film was easily the most difficult to watch.

The Japanese Ring was pretty dark. I'm more scared by ghosts and dodgy shit like that than gore, zombies etc. I watched the Sixth Sense when I was very young and that scared the shit out of me.

The best horrors I've watched are The Orphanage, Pans Labrinth and Hills Have Eyes. All class films

IT

stephen-king-it-tim-curry.jpg

Let's Scare Jessica to Death. I know, awful title, but great film. 70's low budget ghost movie. Not shocking, at times a tad corny, but overall incredibly creepy.

Also, Psycho is unbeatable, I just wish I could see it with my current appreciation of film and no knowledge of the end whatsoever.

I realise I am fairly late to comment on this thread but...

I agree with 'parappa' that the Truman show is the scariest film simply because when I was younger I watched it and for literally years I had this feeling in the back of my mind that we may all be involved in some kind of strange TV show documenting our lives...

in terms of straight up horror I would have to go with 'Don't got in the basement' seriously watch it... black and white film set in a very creepy mental hospital :S

Let's Scare Jessica to Death. I know, awful title, but great film. 70's low budget ghost movie. Not shocking, at times a tad corny, but overall incredibly creepy.

Also, Psycho is unbeatable, I just wish I could see it with my current appreciation of film and no knowledge of the end whatsoever.

Let's Scare Jessica to Death a classic, some really creepy moments and the overall vibe is very unsettling, great flick
niu20.jpg

youtube complete movie http://youtu.be/RxQs9nyxXa0

It's def not the scariest movie but the sixth sense has creeped me out til this day. Randomly there's just dead ppl fucking with this kid inside his own house?

The scenes with the suicidal mother, that young kid with the back of his head blown off and that girl under the bed puking, I dk I guess it's the way those scenes were shot creeps me the fuck out

I'll still get scared as hell I'm gonna look in my mirror while brushing my teeth at night and see a dead person walk through my room. Or I'll go in my room and there's just a dead guy there staring at me.

That movie mama coming out looks pretty legit, I watched the original short film hopefully the new one compliments it nicely

Last edited:
I realise I am fairly late to comment on this thread but...

I agree with 'parappa' that the Truman show is the scariest film simply because when I was younger I watched it and for literally years I had this feeling in the back of my mind that we may all be involved in some kind of strange TV show documenting our lives...

in terms of straight up horror I would have to go with 'Don't got in the basement' seriously watch it... black and white film set in a very creepy mental hospital :S

I think it must be 'don't look in the basement/the forgotten' as i looked for it and found that.

Nurse Charlotte Beale arrives at the isolated Stephens Sanitarium to work, only to learn that Dr. Stephens was murdered by one of the patients and his successor, Dr. Geraldine Masters, is not very eager to take on new staff. Charlotte finds her job maddeningly hard as the patients torment and harass her at every turn, and she soon learns why Dr. Masters is so eager to keep outsiders out.

a review from imdb -

Charlotte Beal arrives at an isolated country mental hospital to become a full-time nurse there. She is confronted with a motley group of crazies and a seemingly crazier supervisor. Is Dr. Masters all she seems to be?

DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT is one of the best low-budget movies in the genre and why people always put it down is beyond me. The acting is excellent, my favorite performance being by Betty Chandler as Allyson the nymphomaniac. The chills just jump right off the screen. You probably won't have to say "It's only a movie, it's only a movie", it isn't that scary, but it should appeal to any horror fan who respects the low-budget horror genre, which I do. It is very hard to make a creepy film on a low budget and few actually succeed. AXE is another cheap film that is looked down upon. Maybe people are so spoiled by the big budgets of recent films that any movie that doesn't have excellent effects and/or isn't considered a classic doesn't have a chance with an audience. But I think that after people see this movie, they will see how important the low-budget horror genre is and this movie is a classic that stands out among the other rubbish.

I might give it a watch sometime.