Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Scariest Films Ever?

I love Session Nine. I couldn't stop thinking of that movie for a long time after I saw it. *cues creepy girl voice*

For a great horror night, nothing beats The Exorcist, Event Horizon, Alien, Suspiria (hi sis!)
The Descent was pretty decent, although the ending sucked.

Event Horizon
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Jacob's Ladder

Those made me a bit nervous.

When I was little and alone (everyone asleep napping) in my house I watched this movie called "The Gate" and it freaked me out so badly. At the end of it I looked up through the skylight above me and I swear the clouds were racing at an incredible speed. Anyone else see this movie?
Hellraiser series might be my favorite :D

The Gate is one of my all time faves!!!!

I've been a horror film fanatic since I was 4, and since I can't really find any films that really scare me, I have been getting into exploitation films. They are more gritty raw and sick.

I highly recommend three films:

Cannibal Holocaust - Great all around snuff-like film. Plenty of controversial gore, and DVD has animal cruelty free version.
Cannibal Ferox- A bit tamer than CH but still quite gory. One of the best dismemberment scenes on film!
and I Spit On Your Grave- Awesome Awesome rape scenes!

They are my three current favorite horror films. So awesome.

Last edited:
Signs scared the fucking shit out of me for some reason, perhaps cos i was choong and in a cinema, but none the less, it is a fucking scary film!

Also dead space is a very good horror game, give that a try :)

The Blair Witch Project (Why do so many people dislike this movie?
for me, mainly because there's only content for a 15 min short film that's repeated over and again
good for a short story, not for a long film

the aliens series were great, recently watched one like it called pandorum which was good

event horizon i noticed posted by someone, yes that was great i really hope they make a prequill to it, like where the event horizon had actually went for all them years with the original crew of the ship

now for anyone who has played the game dead space they will know how freaky a game this is, well they made an animated film of the game which i found freaky more due to the fact of the game though, i would like to see them make a film of this with real actors.

i think the saw films are freaky just like hostil , i think its more freaky to the fact that things like that could maybe happen out there for all we know, how freaky would that be, being on holiday and finding out you have been auctioned to be live operated on without any form of pain killer atol... euww sick !!

Currently watchin a Japanese flick called "Pulse"

This is fucking eerie8o

whatched the american version in the theaters and on the drive home i was keeping an eye on the telephone lines on the side of the road. :) i was royally creeped out.

-just saw for the first time Stephen King's The Mist. talk about a complete mind fuck.

-blair witch was brilliant, i also saw it the first week it came out, well before it went nationwide. i think it set the presidence for that 1st person type of movie. hell, cloverfield was amazing. even paranormal activity. but movies like blair witch and paranormal activity are what i called disposable scary. because the experience wont ever be the same after the first time (heh, kinda like ectsacy. haha).

-definitely the ring (american version). yes, ringu was also great, but watching the ring in a packed theater well before anyone knew anything about it definitely sets the mood for some awesomeness.

-sidebar: not really scary, but was super fun to watch in the theater was the first Final Destination

Surely there are more out there since the beginning of 2010.

Really been looking for a good horror/thriller film for a while now. The genre seems so stale.

Though I haven't seen them yet, these look somewhat promising, but I don't expect too much:

Subconscious

Absentia

^Have you seen the S. Korean film "I Saw the Devil"? It starts out predictable enough, but by the end becomes the most complete and thorough revenge plot I think I've ever seen.

Yeah, I saw it and while I believe that it was a well-executed film for the most part, there was still something about it that I didn't like. I think it may have been the atmosphere in which I watched it in (at my girlfriend's house with her parents); Even so, I felt kind of depressed after watching it. So it was effective in that way, even though I'm sure that probably wasn't exactly the intention.

My personal favorite is The Thing. Scared the beejesus out of me as a kid (and it didn't help that I had a Siberian husky for a pet ... never looked at that dog the same after that ... heh), and it's still pretty scary, even though the special effects are a bit dated.

I saw it in the theater with my Mom, right after she took me to dinner and I chowed down. Came soooooo close to puking about 10 times during the movie. Oy.

Yeah, The Thing is really grim.

The Shining (Kubrick)

The Exorcist (Friedkin)

Oldies but goodies...

I just saw Poltergeist again, and hot damn it scared me as a kid. it's special effects were (for the most part) still not out-dated. I believe it to be a sort of timeless horror, and I would recommend it to any horror fan. it's kinda crazy looking back on the viewing... it's very scary, but not a lot of people die. in this day and age of kill-em-all horror, I think that is a feat in and of itself

Yeah, I watched that pretty recently, myself. It's certainly timeless and I wish that there were some sort of substantial progression since. Nothing really comes to mind.

The Exorcist
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Entity
The Amityville Horror(original)
The Omen (Original, although the remake wasnt that bad TBH)
The Orphanage
Halloween 3
The Tingler
The Stuff
Evil Dead 2
Satan
A tale of two Sisters
The Thing
Salems Lot
Carrie
Children of the Corn
Hellraiser
The Birds

PHANTASM...hands down

Good show!

Last edited:
^^ I love the birds, thats a great film!

and I would say the blair witch project always scares me. and of course the shining.

Most shocking or jumpiest horror film - recommendations please!

I don't scare easily but I love films that can freak me the fuck out. I'm talking about the kind of film that builds good suspense, has good acting (there are too many decent horror films ruined by dreaful acting), not too slow, and can make you jump out of your seat with shock and terror. I've been looking for a good one for AGES but 9 times out of 10 I'm left disappointed. The only film that really scared me recently was David Lynch's Inland Empire, and it was only the part at the end with that fucked up, distorted face.

Recommendations appreciated.