Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Scariest Films Ever?

Stephen King's "It" wasn't really either of those, but I passed out about 3/4 of the way through and woke up and looked at the TV, and saw that It had turned into a big spider thing. Wtf.

Lucio Fucci's "Zombie"
Eraserhead
House of 1000 Corpses (The UNCUT version)

^Yeah, that was one of the only horror flicks I've seen that freaked me the fuck out. 8o

Hellraiser - I watched it when i was a kid and it scared the shit out of me. I'm still too scared to rent it again.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Had to turn it off so many times, cos i was too scared to keep watching. My all time fav!

If you're looking for sheer creepiness, I recommend Ringu (the Japanese version, not the remake).

afcone said:
If you're looking for sheer creepiness, I recommend Ringu (the Japanese version, not the remake).

I second that. Man that movie was freaky.

Scariest one i saw i was The Shining, Kubrick's version that is.
The best overall that i saw has to be Braindead, that movie is excellent in every way :D

I must admit that i haven't seen that many horror movies and i'm not easily impressed or scared by them, maybe because i'm too analytical when i see a movie so that i'm not giving myself a chance to become too involved in the movie.
The Shining is probly the scariest one i've seen because i was quite young when i watched it the first time.

Event Horizon
Blair Witch.. when it FIRST came out, holy shit.

I dont think i've ever been scared by a movie, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the best movies ever made....ever

"The saw is family."

recently - the phone... creepy asian children... damn kids are scary...

all time -
the last house on the left

salem's lot really wasn't that scary, but it did inspire some dreams that totally screwed up a few years of my childhood- so i'll put it down with an award of merit...

I was scared of pretty much any horror movie when I was a kid. The Child's Play movies always freaked me out. I saw them when I was like 7 or 8. Scared the hell out of me.

I always thought The Excorcist and Hellraiser were pretty good. Event Horizon was a kick ass movie too, but I didn't really think it was that scary.

I think Hellraiser is just gross. Not scary.

What I think it scary are the 8 foot tall running cocks with giant saber teeth in Stephan King's Dreamcatcher. ;)

The original Exorcist movie by far is is the creepiest movie I've ever seen.
To this day, for about a week after any viewing of it, I just can't get it out of my head. Everytime I go to bed and I'm laying there in the dark, I'll have visions and hear the "speaking in toungues" voices go through my head. Especially the "kill the priest" voice during that quote. Damn, makes me shudder just thinking about it. Awsome movie, a little long and dull in parts, but it still holds up to this day.

As for Event Horizon, It just seemed like Hellraiser in space. Although, I did like Hellraiser: Bloodline which was Hellraisers's Sci-Fi version.

MOS said:

What I think it scary are the 8 foot tall running cocks with giant saber teeth in Stephan King's Dreamcatcher. ;)

MOS has a penis fixation and sees cocks everywhere. It's true.

I figure my two personal faves are The Exorcist and The Texas chainsaw massacre,especially TCM, fuckin' brilliant! If you've never seen the original,see it! I saw the remake the otherday...pretty shit but the best horror flick I've seen in quite awhile.

Well (not so) recently Mothman Prophecies scared the crap out of me - the way the tension runs thru the whole movie and just bulds up at the end. Freaky!

The Mothman Prophecies was the one with Richard Gere right? It was supposed to be a true story or something I think.

I'll go with Ringu. When I saw that I was freaked out like I haven't been since I was about 8 and watched horror films...